Old 02-09-2005, 07:52 PM   #16  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello everyone...

2Cute - You are exactly right about the cross country challenge. I did not mean to come across as I didn't get a car today and therefore I'm down. I admit, I'm a competitive person, but I'm also a visual person. I think the map is wonderful, and it helps me see my acomplishments. What I was trying to get across was, I haven't been getting any cars stickers, however I did get some for putting in my exercise, and putting in water or this and that. Although this should have been posted in the challenge thread. It is a tool, just like my diet power program is a tool for my calorie counting. As mentioned before, I'm a visual person, and these two tools help me see where I'm lacking, and they help me see where I can try to fix things, hence why I mentioned I needed to try to re-organize myself. I was on a roll for a while, with my eating and with my exercise, however, somewhere along the way I got lost. No pun intended, but the map helped me find some direction. I saw I wasn't getting in enough exercise, and I saw I wasn't getting in enough water. Time to fix that flat tire! So pull over, bring out a new tire and see how far I can drive on that one. my diet power program, can only help me so much, and that's see how many calories I take in, and see how my weight has been flucuating (sp). Unfortunately, I think I'll be driving in the slow speed lanes for a bit... at least til I finish up my midterms... Hopefully along the way, while I rack up the miles, I won't be racking up any extra hitchhikers (calories). However, it would sure be nice to be able to drive in the carpool lane Okie I think I'm all out of puns I can see a lot of you rolling yer eyes I am sorry I came across wrong.

ThinThinker & J-Ann - I think I might spend my free nights at the library on campus. It's open til midnight... I'll leave my wallet at home so I don't get tempted to go to the vending machine... Hmmm I heard the library is haunted... thats not gonna help with me staying there by myself just gotta pad lock the junk food... If I can just get over midterms week, I should be ok. I do good even with the junk food in the house, just when the stress picks up so do the cravings. I even chew my nails off!

Okie, so today I blew it... I had 3 pieces of pizza for breakfast :-P not to mention the other junk I ate when I got home. Ever have one of those days where you feel like everything is just upside down? I am feeling... dunno... frustrated and out of order in a sense... I think I'm just gonna scratch out this whole week and start over on Sunday. However, I should be done with midterms on Tuesday. I think I can manage to pull through one more day of midterms next week.

If any of you remember the post where I talked about one of my students who slit their wrists. Well, it turns out she didn't slit her wrists, but she did slice herself. She's a cutter. Anyways, she's been missing a few days. Today I found out she was put up for pending expulsion. *sigh* It took two security gaurds to pull her off the guy shewas beating. I didn't even know she was back at school... I am shocked she would be back so soon... grrr... I don't know what's going on... it's frustrating to hear something like this... So now she's got a hearing set up for her for her pending epxulsion. Just so sad

I will talk with everyone later... I gonna wait for kid to get home from her pentathalon meeting and then we gonna go do some dancing with the DDR.

Wave...
Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 08:00 PM   #17  
Leanne

I just thought I would share my good news with you all. I have had word unofficially (from my supervisor) that I got First Class Honours for last year I will hear 'officially' when the piece of paper gets here in the next couple of days. I was so excited because I really did not expect that I would do that well, after all the hassles I had with my thesis and the studies in the schools
hippygoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 09:24 PM   #18  

Hey gang, just a quickie. OP for the day, though it was a depressing one. Boy am I glad I have you all, plus good friends in town here.

Not really catching up, but here's a few shout outs.

Thin--Thanks for the article! Great reminders.

Susie--When my dad had a heart attack a few years back, he went through the same thing--being totally out of it when he was on meds and ventilated. It all went away when the meds did. I pray the same is true for your dad.

Ruby--Happy birthday!!!

2Cute--I'm with you, baby! I've had a couple days I didn't get my water, or my exercise... but I've done a lot more than I would have. It IS a tool. The point is to be healthier, and every glass of water and every good food choice is healthier than other choices.

Thin--How sweet you are! Still plenty of time before Valentine's day.

Leanne--CONGRATS!!!!!
Angela_aka_Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 10:34 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

It turned back into winter around here yesterday. I ended up staying in an AmeriSuites right by work last night. It was snowing hard late in the afternoon and I knew it would take me 3 hours to get home because of the way the freeway was at a dead stop. Not that we had much snow but it sure was treacherous out. DH didn't want me to take any chances and we decided $60 for a room was cheaper than the deductible on the car or a tow truck. Or worse. So I buzzed over to Kohl's to buy something to wear to work because I WAS NOT going to wear the same clothes twice and to Wal-mart for necessities and some crap food from McDonald's. Then I laid up on the bed to watch American Idol and the end of Amazing Race.

So I had to forfeit a few cars and a bonus. I didn't get to post yesterday since I am not supposed to post from work and no access last night. I did get my exercise because I had done 20 minutes of conditioning work in the morning. No cardio though at night. No journal to record in either. McD's wasn't on the food plan. Could have been but I chose for it not to be. I'll live.

This is a cool NSV. I bought a pair of sage green stretch jeans at Kohl's in a size 18W. 18! 18! Just a tad bit tight at the abdoment but nothing obscene and they looked good with the green print top I bought. I bought another pair of size 18W Brigg's dress pants that are a bit tight as well but definitely wearable in 5-7 pounds. That really made me feel good.

Work day was miserable. Just because of the depressing environment that we work in now. We despise our boss. De-spise.

DH was all wound up when I got home and in a funky place. He wasn't upset at me. I guess the situation with his brother. They won't be able to do the carteriod artery surgery for two more weeks which leaves him at a high risk for another stroke.

BIL's son got two doctors to sign a paper stating that BIL is incapable of taking care of his financial affairs and got the power of attorney invoked. The girlfriend has been forging the BIL's name to pay his bills. Nothing more. So son goes to this dad's house with police to take his dad's jewelry, wallet, checkbook (leaves behind the bills), safe and vehicle. The daughter then called the girlfriend and said very vile things to her. Tonight we find out the son is trying to have his dad declared incompetent. And he's been over to his grandmother's spewing all this stuff to her about the girlfriend. My MIL is so gullible so now she's convinced that the girlfriend is a drunken slut and not worthy. She calls here tonight as well to tell us how the son has it all in black and white and what a drunk, blah, blah, blah. For the first time ever, I lit into her about passing judgment and what the GF did at night after 12-15 hours at the hospital was nobodies business. I was so mad at her I couldn't even speak after that and gave DH the phone when I should have hung up. Then she and DH got into a huge shouting match. Everybody has lost their minds! Isn't anyone concerned about BIL? Anyone thinking about who is going to help him recover and sit with him and care for him when they run her off? Unless someone shows us proof that she's stealing, we're with her because BIL will disown anyone who attack's his girlfriend. What a bunch of idiots. As if things weren't difficult enough.

Spew! I needed to spew all that out so that I can sleep. Sorry to those who read it all.

BarbPA - I'm so glad to see the good news. Take care!!

Leanne - Great news!

Angela - Good job for staying OP inspite of the depressing day.

Sue - Get to earning those cars! That is sad about the girl. Very disheartening because how does a person help?

Judy - Great idea on the wish list. You're right about us tending to focus on the negative things we perceive about ourselves. Thanks for the reminder to think of what we're good at.

Thin - I read that article last week. Very good article. I enjoyed reading it again.

Susie - Hang in there with your dad. Sounds like he's exhibiting some of the behaviors that my BIL did after his stroke. Very disturbing to see.

Hello to Hilta, Ruby, Marcie, Esmaraude, Joyce, CD, Iwillbe, Togger, 2Cute, Barb.G and other's that I might be forgetting. There are so many of us now its hard to keep track of everyone. Forgive me if I have!

I'm off to bed now. I didn't sleep well last night and the stress of the evening have left me a bit drained.

Have a good night's sleep and a good OP day tomorrow!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 11:46 PM   #20  
Inchworm

Unhappy

Just a quick hello.
haven't had a great day food wise, I have been sort of out of control.
tomorrow will be better.
gmalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 12:53 AM   #21  
Dancing those pounds away

Sue... You did not come across as if you were down. I wasn't really speaking of you. Your comment made me look at ME. I was really writing to and about ME.
I have been in a funk or something lately. Those before and after photos of successful WLS losers can get to me. Sometimes in a positive way (inspirational) ... other times in a negative way. (I'm a failure) I was actually just rambling. I should post a disclaimer when I get in one of those rambling modes.

Leanne... CONGRATULATIONS !!!! All of that hard work paid off.
I am soooo happy for you and PROUD TOO.

Terri... Size 18 !!! WAHOO !!!!! THAT IS SKIINY !!!!!! I am sooo happy for you
I am sorry to hear of all the stress you have right now. Hope you can find some peace. Maybe go to Barbs Private Place and do some meditating. Hmmm Hmmm

Angela.. sorry your day was depressing ... but glad we brighten it some.

Hilta ... your post reminded me that I do not have my map posted. The thing that helped me most in the past challenges is that I posted it on the refrigerator and by my computer. They were a constant visual reminder to drink that water... stay OP ... journal ... and haunted me about exercise. LOL I need those visual reminders. I am going to post them tonight and hopefully that will help me get back on track.

J-ann/Judy...Wishful Wednesday... something positive about ourselves. Hmmmm
I used to describe myself as... "An ego maniac with no self worth".
My best feature would be... I am usually a good listener.

Thin... you are so sweet to send Valentines.
I am very bad at sending any kind of cards ... to anyone. My sister in law really hates that about me. She is justified... I always forget birthdays anymore. I call ... but I never remember to send cards.

Barbg and BarbPA ... I am thinking of you both. Still hoping to see you more soon.
Barbg... are things getting any better for your business ??? You finding time for YOU ?? I miss hearing about you going to the gym daily.
BarbPA ... we are here for you. You know I lost both parents within months of each other. I know we can't make everything good for you... but hopefully we can help make it better.
I am sending hugs to both of you. {{{ HUGS }}}

Ruby... I never got to tell you that I REALLY liked your Tuesday Tip. I hope to remember to use it next time I go shopping.

Marcie... you are sure making NC sound like a place I might want to move to.
I am wanting to move someplace I have never been to before. I don't know why. Just want to experience more of life while I still have it I guess.

Susie... I hope your dad gets better soon.

Esmaraude... I fluctuate 3 lbs often. It does NOT mean you gained 3 lbs of fat. More than likely it is merely water. When you exercise you stretch and rip your muscles. Those muscles then use water to help heal them. If you make new muscles then those muscles weigh more than the fat of the same size weighed.
I agree with everyone else... those pants speak for themselves.

Joyce... glad to see you posting even if you had a bad day.
It is behind you and tomorrow WILL be better.

Okay... to my knowledge that is everyone who posted on THIS THREAD.
I am going now. I need to go post my map in birdseye view.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 12:56 AM   #22  
Determined

Angela - I considered cinnamon as possibly being the culprit, but I was hoping not Theres not much else I have right now to flavor my oatmeal. I've been looking for this kind they came out with that I sampled and loved.. something for the heart - they had it when I went shopping but it wasn't a flavor I wanted Also, have fun with all the goal rewards youre giving yourself!

Thin - I take protein supplements I talked about it with my doctor the last time I went, and I assured him there was no other way for me to do it. I'm just not a meat, nuts, or dairy person really. But I have been having turkey lately.. the food I listed that day was "left over food" all I had before I went for a big shop again I also want the low cal instant oatmeal, I'm considering it but the cost is a factor too! I've tried to look past cost for things I will enjoy that are healthy but I'll have to see Thanks for sharing the article!

Esmaraude - I try to stay away from the scale as much as possible. As you can see in my sig - originally I had a 7-8 month span inbetween my "weigh in"s. I've been trying to do it more now just to keep me on track, but its definitely not something I let determine my success. Don't forget about other successes! Focus on succeeding on exercising, eating healthy, and feeling better it helps a lot, i swear!

Susie
- I'm sorry to hear about your dad I hope things get better, and if they don't that you get stronger and have great support to help you through it all.

Ruby - I haven't ruled it out entirely either. Everytime I see those pages or those advertisements, I get so tempted. I want a "quicker" success.. and i know I could stay on plan, but I dont want that kind of thing weighing down my entire life. I've failed so many things in my life.. I finally want something I can conquer, be proud of, and say all it took was determination.. I feel the same way about "diets' as well.. though whatever works for each person works Your tip sounds great

SueMarie
- good luck with better organizing yourself I too wasn't getting much on my crosscountry map besides journaling.. but I'm slowly slowly getting the hang of it. Maybe focusing on one thing at a time? Like try only to get the water at first, or only to eat on plan.. and slowly work up.

2cute - have you ever thought about giving a "percentage" of your cars? I was thinking about this when I was exercising today. Say you want to get 20 minutes (i think thats the goal in the challenge right?) and you only get 10 in.. then how about half a car? Or 32oz of water instead of the entire 8 glasses.. at least then its a reminder that you are trying and maybe itll help with motivation to try harder? Just an idea :P

Judy - what a great post.. nearly made me cry.. and you are so right. I still see beauty in my eyes and my hair.. and I keep telling myself that although I'm not doing my best or as much as I want to.. that I have changed a lot and I am trying. I used to not even do that.. thank you for reminding me again to stop and think positively for a moment Its so hard sometimes when it seems like the world is falling apart around you.

Hippygoddess - Congrats!

Terri - congrats on the pants Sorry to hear about the family problems, hope they clear up soon

Joyce - Hello!

I had a good day today Finally.. an entire day of everything getting done! I ate perfectly, I worked out for 30 mins (2miles) finally again! and I have drank all my water. It feels nice to finally do what I know I can do again. Hopefully this is a sign of better things to come

Love you all! I'm gonna hit the sack soon hopefully, and i hope all of you have a great day tomorrow.
cdtobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 04:04 AM   #23  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello everyone..

2Cute – Stress does a funny thing to a person (just when you didn’t think I could get any wackier!) No warning label needed… I do the same thing when I get into those funny moods… I definitely do the same thing, and it’s so hard to really know what a person is saying, sometimes I type thinking I am saying it one way, when someone else can read it and take it another way… we all just need a little clarification sometimes. My motto ever since I started dieting and posting here at 3FC is 1) Baby Steps and 2) If I did it once, I can o it again (but in a positive way hehehe) If I just keep saying that to myself, I can often times pull myself out of depression or keep myself from being depressed. Course, that explains all my do-overs with my diet !! My step daughter made me a bracelet when I lost my first 30lbs… every now and then I get in a rut, and I look at it and I think, I can do this… Maybe there’s something special you have that you can carry with you or frame and put up somewhere where you can see it. That’s another thing I have… When I lost my first 30lbs, I took a before and after picture… I printed them out and taped it to my fridge… Sometimes that keeps me from going into the fridge and taking out a piece of cake or whatever else is in there a the time. Maybe put the map on your fridge, or I know this lady who would take a cutout of a picture of her head and she would paste it on a body and stick that on her fridge. Now this wasn’t some super modle body, but some of the plus size models body. (Even tho they too are much skinnier hehehe ) But whatever works, you will find something, even if it’s just a picture or thought in your mind. We all get into ruts… Let me work up a few cars and I’ll come by and pick ya up and we can drive in the carpool lane and seethe world We can do this together! Maybe every once in a while we can moon a trucker or something anything to put a smile on our faces… or what not sorry it’s late at night, the night makes me weird!

Determined Terri – Size 18!! I’m so jealous! I would be thankful if I can just get down from a size 32 to a size 24, cause this way I can shop in some of those wanna-be plus size stores that only offer up to size 24, instead of the “really-am” plus size stores like Catherines, and sometimes Fashion Bug hehehe… CONGRATS!

Cdtobe – Yeah, it really helps a lot. Sometimes even just writing things down helps because you can reflect back and see where things are not quite adding up. I used to think people who wrote all this stuff down, and count calories, and what not were completely obsessive and desperate. However, now I understand and feel horrible that I could ever think like that. At the time I think the only journaling I ever did was stealing my sisters diary, reading it, and blackmailing her

Okie late hours make me strange, I’m off to bed… NI NI everyone!

Sue…
Old 02-10-2005, 07:15 AM   #24  

2cute-
It has been quite the adventure!!! I still can not believe that we just packed up and moved 900 miles from our friends and family...but I had a career opportunity that I just couldnt pass up. PLUS, we are really enjoying NC and my husband has found a great job too! Something he never would have had the opportunity to do without the move. At first we thought we would stay here 5 years or so and then move back to St. Louis, but now it looks like we are staying!
Jibbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 08:02 AM   #25  
You and Me in 2003

Sorry I haven't been around much the last few days. Food hasn't been good. Yesterday was real bad. Work is so hectic. They are making us take competency tests in several areas. I think I am ok there though. I guess I am just realizing I will be 53 in a few days. It's hard to beleive I'm that old. DH is taking me out somewhere on Sunday.
Hope all of you have a great day.
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 11:48 AM   #26  

Just a quick pop in to say hi! Still hanging in there on plan. Hope to have a good valentine weigh in! See Ya later. Iwillbe
Iwillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 12:47 PM   #27  

Hi all - no replies today, I'm sick in the head - I mean I have a horrendous cold with painful sore throat. Have a good day everybody -Ruby
therubyslippers!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 01:08 PM   #28  

Hey all--What seemed like a depressing day as of the time I posted last evening got much better later. My best friend/whatever you call him informed me (and a few others) last night that he is "stopping drinking completely, forever, starting now." I know it's not as easy as simply making such a resolution, but I think his willingness to tell people is a very good sign. I couldn't be happier for him, and for better or worse, I love him dearly, so if he gets his life straightened out some, that's some less stress for me.

Thin--Sorry things are so crazy with in-laws. Sounds like a dreadful situation for just about everyone. Hope folks get their heads on straight soon. And I hope things get easier for you. CONGRATS on the 18s! Can't wait until I can ask to borrow them

Joyce--Hope today IS better for you. I know you can make it OP.

cd--Good job yesterday! Way to drive cross country!

Mary--53, smithty-three. You SOUND awfully young in spirit to me. Hang in there... give yourself a couple OP days as a birthday gift.

Iwillbe--Good job staying OP. Hope you get where you want to for V-Day.

Ruby--Sorry to hear you're sick. I swear by zinc gluconate for headcolds. Gotta start at the first symptom, though. And yes, it tastes terrible, but Cold-Eeze came out with bubble gum now, and it hides the flavor a lot better. Every winter that I've been conscientious about taking zinc any time I sneeze or sniffle, I've managed to get through the winter without a single cold--which is some accomplishment when you teach. Sounds like it might be too late for this cold, though. Get your rest and fluids and feel better soon!
Angela_aka_Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 01:44 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 306/261/160

Height: 5ft. 5.5 in

Good Afternoon to all. We just go a coating of snow here
in OH. I sure got cold. So much for an early spring.

Ruby-Hope you feel better real soon.

Iwillbe- I get weighed in tomorrow. Let us hope for the best.
Even though I've been OP the scale is just not moving. I too
hope for a good Valentine Loss But I'm not giving up
it will eventually.

Grannie- I know about getting old the years just seem to fly
after a certain age. You wonder where the time went

Jibbelle- Glad you like your new location. Some people move
and never do get used to the new place.

Suemarie-AHHHHHHH stress. One day at a time chickie.
Your right each and every baby step adds up to a new you.

CD- Glad your staying OP I know how good it feels to know
you did your best and all helps to get to your goal

Leanne- I want to add my congrats for the job well done!

Hope all have a really nice Day

hilta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 02:05 PM   #30  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello everyone..

Nothing much today… I don’t feel to stressed today, even tho my midterm is today… ask me again in a few hours I called in sick to work today. I woke up and had no voice. That didn’t make sense huh? I had a voice, but it was barely hanging on. Boy, what I would give to be able to call off my midterm too! I took some Dayquil, dunno why, maybe it will thwart off whatever it is that I might be getting.

I haven’t been putting any miles in, but I have been exercising (DDR mostly) *grin* alrighty I gonna get ready to head out to class… catch everyone later!

Sue…