Old 02-01-2005, 12:46 PM   #16  
Determined

Talking

Hey everyone Thanks for the tips on owning up to my weightloss. I guess I'm just so used to never really trying, never really getting anywhere, and always giving up - that I'm not familiar with this new lifestyle. Sometimes I think its just my evil twin trying to bring me down.

BarbPa - your family and mother are in my thoughts, I hope the best for all of you and that you make a decision that you think is best for everyone.

Angela
- if you can sell for the right amount I think its profitable. I just started selling some of my books on there. They only charge you 37(?) cents I think to put up the item (that is if you don't pay for all the pretty frilly stuff) and then they take a precentage from your total selling amount. I sold 3 books a week or two ago for a total of 8.57 and my charge from ebay was only 57 cents. So I made 8 bucks for some silly paperbacks :P I'm selling another group to see what I can get. The only thing that isn't good is when your item doesn't sell I tried selling a dress on there twice with no luck. I like e-bay because you can do "lots" - groups of items, and you choose the shipping, the price, etc. Many other sites don't do this.

Hilta- we were posting at the same time! I hope everything is okay with your other half, best wishes I hope everyone stays OP as well!

I agree with all of you on selling clothes are now too big. The problem for me is that I've always bought baggy clothes just because I'm so afraid of trying on a smaller size and having it rip or get stuck I think I'll wait until I'm at least 299 pounds to get rid of my bigger clothes. As soon as I can fit in the pile of brand new jeans I've had for years and never fit in Even those were the largest size of men's jeans at k-mart

I've been doing decently with working out, but snacking a lot still. I did a mile yesterday, climbed the stairs until I was tired, and did my upper body work out. I think it was good overall I'm starting to catch the hang of working out twice even if they are just mini-workouts. This upperbody weightlifting/toning is awesome too.. it makes me feel GREAT.. I love it.

I love how things in your mind, the way you think starts to change as you start to lose weight as well. I was thinking of my "male friend' coming for Spring Break and how I don't want to workout in front of him (especially since I do it in sweats and a bra Florida is hot!) but I wouldn't want to "kick him out" while i do it.. then I thought - "Well gee, why don't I just go for walks with him or do something active with him". Made me happy to think that way

So many people tell you to only lose weight for yourself and such.. but ever since I've thought about him coming I've focused SOO much more on every part of my life. It was a kick in my bootie so to speak. I focus on my body more and it's not just a "meh because I have to" its more of a "because i want to'. I see nothing wrong with letting a handsome man be your inspiration! As long as he's not the only reason.

Okay I'll stop ranting Have a good day ladies (and gents?!) !

Last edited by cdtobehealthy; 02-01-2005 at 12:50 PM.
cdtobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 12:57 PM   #17  

BarbPA - God bless you during this difficult time. You and your family, and your mom will be in my prayers.

Hilta - Prayers also for your hubby. It sounds scary to me.

Best of the day to everyone - Ruby
therubyslippers!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 01:16 PM   #18  
BELIEVE!

Hello Everyone!
Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers during this very difficult time. I wanted to update everyone on what we have decided to do. 2cute - Thank you for sharing my sad new with everyone.

Jeff and I agonized over this last night and talked with the Dr. and my family this morning. As much as I wanted to jump on the first plane to Florida, we had to evaluate all the options, thinking of my mom, ourselves and my family. My mother is currently being kept alive by a venilator and the Drs. are leaving it up to the family to decide when to remove it. Once that happens she is not expected to survive. My dad and brother explained to the Dr. that due to my medical situation I may not be able to travel for a few days. He understood that and is willing to keep mom on the machines. There is no guarantee that mom will hold on until I get there, but we are hopeful.

My nurse cried with me this morning and told me, "when God takes one life he gives another". Tonight I am scheduled to take my "trigger" injection for the egg retrieval procedure on Thursday. We have decided to proceed with the retrieval and freeze any embryos that develop. We can then transfer them at some point in the future when we are ready. That way we still have a chance to get pregnant from this cycle. Then I will be able to travel on Friday and plan on being on the first plane to Florida to be by my mom's side.
My family is supportive of this decision and I know my mom would want us to do this.

All day I have been hearing my mom's voice....a long time ago, before Jeff and I realized the extent of our infertility issues, my mom said to me, "I would like another grandbaby before I die". We are hoping to at least give her some grandembryos. I know, a poor attempt at humor, but I am trying.

I will update you all when I can. I'll be taking my laptop with me and I am sure I will need some diversions when I am in FL.

Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers.
With Love,
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 04:23 PM   #19  
Inchworm

BarbPA, Thank you for sharing about what you are going through.It sounds to me like you and Jeff are making good decisions. I love your nurses response..."when God takes a life, he gives another" I pray that you will get some good, healthy grand embryos
gmalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 04:28 PM   #20  

Iwillbe-
Glad you got it!!!! I am horrible at explaining stuff, but I could have showed you how to do it in a jiffy!!
Jibbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 05:01 PM   #21  
BELIEVE!

My mom passed away this afternoon.

With my dad and brother's support we have decided to go ahead with the procedure on Thursday. Then we will fly to FL Thurs night or Fri morning.
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 05:09 PM   #22  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Barb, You have my utmost sympathy on your loss. It's always hard to lose a loved one. {{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}

Good luck with your procedure.

Take care of yourself.
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 06:14 PM   #23  
Walking by faith

Default Barb...

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. I'm also praying for the success of your IVF. From your nurse's mouth to God's ears!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 06:23 PM   #24  

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:36 PM   #25  
Leanne

{{{{{Hugs}}}}} Barb, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My prayers are with you for this procedure on Thursday. Take care of yourself
Leanne
hippygoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 08:42 PM   #26  
Hang In There

Barb, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Try to keep a positive frame of mind during your proceedure Thursday. We love you.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 09:49 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Barb - I am so very sorry about your mother. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Both for your loss and for the IVF procedure.
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 12:33 AM   #28  
Michigan Old-Timer

Oh, Barb, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. [[[hugs]]] It must be very hard being so far away and with all of the other stuff going on in your life. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, both for the loss of your mother and the IVF proceedure. May your nurse's words come true for you. Be safe as you journey to Florida. My heart goes out to you in this tough time.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 01:00 AM   #29  
Dancing those pounds away

Oh Barbara ... I am sooooo sorry.
I know your mom would want you to go ahead with the procedure too.
She so hoped for you to get pregnant and make her a grandma... she still wants that miracle for you and Jeff.
Our prayers are with you. {{{ HUGS }}}
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 09:39 AM   #30  

GOOOOOOD morning all!!! Is everyone so busy "traveling" that they have no time to post? : )