Old 01-29-2005, 12:56 AM   #16  
Dancing those pounds away

Thumbs up

Gizmo... Our snow was beautiful !!! I hope yours was too. We got sleet first... then 3+ inches of snow. The temps were warm enough to melt it off the roads.. but let it accumulate in the grassy areas.

Terri... my husbands idea of fixing dinner for me is stopping at KFC on the way home. LOL Count your blessings.
I'm glad you don't have to drive in the snow Sat.

Sue Marie... the map is part of the Feb Challenge I was always talking about. I started making a game/challenge/contest back in November to help us all be accountable and have some fun at the same time. Each month I have made a new one. Februarys challenge included a map and us earning car stickers to drive across the country and pick each other up .(on the map)
I mailed them out to everyone who PMed me their snail mail address. It was not required to play... it is just a fun thing I like to do.. and several others like to do it too.
I hope you sing a song for me at the Karaoke Bar. I could NEVER get up and sing... heck I can't sing sitting down either.

Michelle... I am glad you got your challenge !!! Thanks for the compliment. I enjoy doing it...but I am never satified because I know everything I do wrong. LOL One thing I forgot to change was the reading a chapter in Dr Phil's book. I forgot everyone does not have that book... so I have to correct that to a chapter in any Self Improvement book, or Diet oriented book , like Oprah's or South Beach, or such. The main goal is to replace our negative thinking with POSITIVE re-enforcement.

Marcie... I hope that weather passes you by if that is what you are wanting.
I wanted our snow. I think every winter should have at least one bout of snow.

CD... Congrats on your great workout !!! Make tomorrow's workout a top priority !!
Lots of locations on the map are off. I wasn't really trying to be exact... just nearby.
It was just too time consuming to be exact... besides... I didn't know exact locations for many. I will be glad if I just got everyone in the correct state.
Have fun with your neice and nephew.

Joyce... Sounds like you will have a HOUSEFUL !!! Don't put too much pressure on yourself. Just enjoy the stories and such... and let people help. It makes us feel more useful if we can help.
I know what you mean about keeping up here. It is HARD. When I started this post... you and CD had not posted yet. So I was behind again before I even posted. LOL

Okay... that is everyone who posted since my last post. When I get behind it is impossible to get to everyone so I feel pretty good tonight.

I didn't do anything special for Fun Friday... but I still enjoyed my day and evening.
We went out for dinner then rented a couple of movies. My husband and I BOTH stayed awake during both movies.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 02:28 AM   #17  
Leanne

Well ladies,
I have got myself into a bit of a slump - not exercising because the swim club has taken over the pool all week (until tomorrow) and its been raining/humid so I haven't been able to walk either. No exercise means I feel physically bad, and tend to eat more, and then feel worse about myself - cyclecyclecycle. I've also got a lot of stress at the moment - starting a contract job on Tuesday for which I need to learn a new programming language (now sort-of done) and revise database work as well, plus the ongoing job hunt, and waiting for my honours marks to come back. The kids go back to school on Monday, so there has been the yearly uniforms/books hunt for 4 kids as well. I guess I haven't felt this bad for about a year, about my lack of exercise/bad food choices and I am feeling panicked in case I can't regain that 'zone' I was in last year where I was so committed to improving my health.
So ... how does everyone change their attitude around to get back into the commitment, once they let it go for a while? I wish it was that easy to get the mindset back
I guess its the fear that this will turn out to be just another "failed diet" that is sabotaging me at the moment - I'm scared that the weight I've lost will just creep back on bit by bit.

Leanne
hippygoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 04:40 AM   #18  

Hey ladies! Just a quick post to let you know I am back from my surgeries. Everything went fine. No complications as of now (knock on wood and all that).
I don't have anymore hangy skin on my tummy. I still look quite poochy, but am told that is the post op swelling and could take months to completely go away. I have to say that I have a magnificent set of boobies now though LOL!!! Anyhoo, just wanted to pop in. I'll write more later when I'm a little more energetic.

Jen
Jehari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 07:01 AM   #19  

Congrats and welcome back Jen!!!
Jibbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 07:25 AM   #20  

Hi Id really like to join this! Where do I go from here. You all sound so fun!
dimples78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 08:26 AM   #21  

Hi everybody, thought I had better pop in and say hello this morning before the ice strom takes everything down......I looked outside and it looks like a winter wonderland, very pretty, but not so welcome

Hi Dimples, let me be the first to welcome you. Just keep posting. Someone in this bunch will come along and drag you into some kind of challenge or something! LOL!

I am being oh so good, I have cut down on my salt...sure leaves the food blah, but my scale appreciated it. Tell you about it Monday. That is if I have electricity.

Have a wonderful weekend. Bye Iwillbe
Iwillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 08:59 AM   #22  
I'm on my way!

Just checking in this morning! Andrew and I have already been to the grocery store and put everything away! One of our local grocery stores is giving away a free lounger chair if you spend $40 for 14 of 16 weeks or something close to that! They always have some kind of giveaway. They are the high end gourmet type grocer and some of their stuff can be expensive. But....I'm such a thrifty shopper that I can get alot for my money!! They had those Capri juice bag/box thingies Andrew likes on sale a box of 10 for .99! You were limited to 4 boxes but I will definately go back and get more! Thats a cheap price for those!! The sad thing is...they have the little hole where you stab the littel straw in, well I tend to stab it right through to the back of the bag too so there are now 2 holes! LOL I have to practice!

Dimples you found your way to a great group of women!! Just keep posting whatever it is you feel like talking about! You will eventually get to know each of us and us you! The support here is great so don't be shy! If you need help with weightloss or personal stuff just post away, you will get different perspectives from everyone's life experiences!! Its a great place to be!!

CD - you seem to be doing good getting back to exercising...I just can't get motivated even though I know the exercise helped me have a steady weightloss the first time!

2Cute...you don't have to be a perfectionist with us! Just tell us what we need to change on our sheets and we can write it in! Being a perfectionist sabotages us in many ways! I was in the mindset that I HAD to count those points or I wouldn't lose. Well I just started eating my main meal at lunchtime and something light at dinner on my late work nights and I was sooo shocked to have lost that 2 lbs this week because I ate out during lunch and had treats that were in the office, I just sort of learned to have smaller portions of those treats and I still LOST! Now I know I just need to cut the size down and enjoy food and lean towards fruits and veggies more. Which I still have to work on!

IWILLBE....where are you that you are expecting the snow/ice. I am near Raleigh NC and we are expecting it this afternoon into tomorrow afternoon. We are in a winter advisory alert.

Leanne you sound like a busy beaver! It seems weird to me that you are having the opposite weather and all that we are having. I would love for it to be warm here right now! Don't give up...you have alot on your plate but you will succeed!

Joyce good to see you again! We were in the low 70's just last week now we are expecting snow and ice this afternoon!

SueMarie did you have fun at the party???

Terri I love salmon, how does your husband cook it?

SpecialK...when are you going to Jamaica? John wants to go again. I'm just a chicken to get on an airplane!!

Angela, Teflonmot, Gizmo and everyone else a great big "HI"! I need to get my dinner in the crockpot and some laundry done in case we lose power tonight with the ice storm coming! I'll check back later so you all better come out and post so I have something to read!!!

TTFN Michelle
MichelleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 09:43 AM   #23  

Hi Michelle, I am in Georgia. Our cable just went out. I guess the ice on the lines got that first. I know that you are having much rougher weather than we are. My relatives in northern Ga. are getting some slush too. This can go away any time now. It is messing up my weekend plans. I hope your power doesn't go off, but you are smart to try to get everything done in case it does. See you later. Iwillbee
Iwillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 09:57 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies,

We have a lovely bit of snow. Maybe an inch or two. I don't think its enough for the snow blower though. Darn!

After hemhawing for a few weeks about moving the spinner upstairs to the living room, I finally did it last night. Then promptly jumped on and did 20 minutes. The perfectionist side of me does not like having two exercycles, my stability ball and weights in the living room. The realist side of me tries to say, 'who cares'? But I want to get back into bike riding shape and I need the hard cardio to blast off more fat. And downstairs is cold and its downstairs outta sight, outta mind. Its up here until Spring and then I'll move my exercise area back down. The other thing that is hard is not getting home until later than norm, going out to walk the dog and then taking another 30-45 minutes downstairs without talking to DH. He can't walk with me and can't cook from downstairs. No excuses now!

This morning, I'm relaxing wrapped up in a blanket. I'm going to watch cooking shows on FoodTV and clean house. This afternoon we're going to see BIL. Two days ago, he was acting as if he had brain damage and now he's moved from ICU and doing very well. Although they won't do the carteriod artery surgery for two weeks which seems weird since he's at a higher risk of another stroke. We take that as "out of the woods" for now. Again, thanks for all the well wishes and for listening!

Gizmo - I went back and reread your bio - I see you're in Independence. We are very close! Wonder how I missed that the first time!

Iwillbe - Good luck with the electricity! Ice does make for a beautiful view, especially when the sun shines on it. But oh do dangerous. Be careful!

Dimples - Welcome to the group! Yep, you'll be dragged into something! No lollygagging allowed! Just jump right in and post away!

Jen - That is great about the surgeries and the boobs!! Take it easy while you're healing!

Leanne - Good to see you again. I was wondering how you're doing. As far as funks, I have rather severe discussions with myself. Basically, either I get off my a$$ and start doing the things I know I have to do, or just shut up about it all and quit. I'm not a quitter so that usually reminds me to start again. Make small goals and make yourself achieve them. Do you have Dr. Phil's book? That might help. Good luck. You can do this! We're here to help.

Joyce - Yikes, that is a houseful. Enjoy the day! Enjoy the family! Good luck with the Curves class! Work hard!

CD - Good job on getting back into the exercise. Just don't get too frustrated and push yourself too hard and cause an injury. Just take baby steps to a healthy lifestyle. Get rid of the cookies. Do some form of movement every day. Doing positive things every day helps to push aside the depression and inertness when life isn't going well. Hang in there and keep positive! on the pounds down!

Marcie - Did you get snow and ice? I enjoy your morning posts. You sound so enthusiastic and energetic! It helps me. Are you still down the two pounds?

Michelle - S'mores! I saw somewhere on the forum or journals that someone was going to be making WW s'mores. I'll have to go hunt the recipe. Hope you still have power. for your loss too!

SueMarie - How was the fun last night?

Qadira - Still here with us? I've been wondering about you too.

2Cute - I agree about the snow. I don't mind several snows over the winter. Especially since I bought a snowblower this year and have used it once. I just don't like the ice we get. Enjoy. You are such a perfectionist!! Thanks for the challenge.

Teflonmot - I liked your post about the water parks. I have NEVER been to one because of my size. Too mortified. But that is one of my goals of things I've never done but I'm going to do. I like your motto. Congrats on the new apt!

Angela - for staying OP all week. Hope work slows down soon.

SpecialK - to you. Drop back in! Looks like you've got a good loss going.

Judy - on your loss. I saw that over on the weigh-in thread. I am so glad you're back. You, Thin and I posted about four years ago on the WW 100 thread. Its good to still be around.

Hilta - How as weigh-in? Hope it was the sodium. Drink lots of water. Good job on doing the treadmill. I too enjoyed your description of "diamond dust". Reminders of the true beauty in life and how special our surroundings are. Truly a blessing.

Jamie - If I haven't welcomed you to the group, then WELCOME! You've got a good loss going too. Looks like you're take small steps. Good job. That's good that you're noticing that you're getting full quicker. That is a hard one to recognize and reprogram the brain to stop sooner. Keep posting and I look forward to knowing you more!

Thin - I have a huge list of "for my next house"! Thanks for sharing about Big Shot. Are you doing movies today? I think I'll be booking a plane ticket soon.

Kerri - Good to see you again. Aren't you glad he!! week is over? Hopefully you will get to relax for a couple of days. Good job for doing great at Curves.

Mary/G - How's the treadmill going? Been using it at work? Don't fall off the wagon!

Mary.B - You've gone missing too. Everything okay?

OceanGirl - Gaining a pound is pretty darn good when on holiday. Where did you go? I like low carb because it helps me focus on eating the right kinds of carbs and avoid the starchy/high sugar foods. Good luck on getting back OP. You can do it!

Barb.G - We miss you around here. Sorry that life is so difficult right now. Come back!

BarbPA - How are the shots going? Miss you too.

I better post this before I lose it. Hopefully that catches me up and didn't leave anyone out. We've got a great group of ladies. I especially love the positive, supportive spirit we have going.

Time for me to start some housecleaning. Have a good weekend.

Sit up Saturday! Do some exercise!

Last edited by Terri in MO; 01-29-2005 at 10:00 AM.
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 10:08 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Michelle - You snuck in on me while I was working on my post this morning. Last night DH did "pan-seared" salmon and orange roughy. He used a little bit of olive oil in a big skillet and lots of spices on each side of the fish. I like the cajun spices. The searing gave it a nice crunchy outside and tender inside. This was a first for him. I found a recipe online and told him how. Another of my favorites for salmon is the "maple glazed salmon". That recipe is on the recipe thread. I love it. Works well in the oven or on the grill.

Iwillbe - Yucky about the cable! Time to read or exercise now!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 10:46 AM   #26  

GOOOOD morning ladies!! I had a fantastic on plan week. After two weeks with no loss....***drum roll please***

I was down from 4.2 lbs!!! YIPPEEE I have been battling a sinus infection so I am on antibiotics...and it is that time of the month so I wasnt expecting much. But what a pleasant surprise!!! That is 14.6 lbs since the day after Xmas. I am sooo happy.

My mom and dad are visiting NC (in May) for the first time since we moved here in March 2004. I would LOVE to be down to around 290 by them. That is my mini goal anyway. 40 lbs in almost 5 months. Agressive, but manageable!!!
Jibbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 11:44 AM   #27  

Default Thanks for the welcome Ladies!

dimples: Hello

michellek: My mom and I are going Aug. 9th/7 nights. I'm nervous on planes too. Get you some Benadryl and a drink and sleep your way thru it!

hippy: I know how you feel about falling off and having a difficult time getting back on track. Two weeks ago, I was so fed up with myself that I wrote my mom a large check and told her it's hers if I go off my diet before Feb. 20th. And believe me, she will cash it if I go off my diet. If I lose this bet, I'm going to the LOONEY FARM!
ONLY1SPECIALK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 03:40 PM   #28  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

2Cute my cars and map arrived and I'm ready for my February road trip. What a cute idea.

I'm still OP and down 5 lbs after a week. YIPPEE FOR ME!

You gals down there in the ice take care and keep warm. A hint from an old friend about driving on ice. If you are on uncurbed roads get your right wheels on the dirt shoulder. You can usually find a little traction there.

Took Paige pointer to her agility class this morning. A friend does the training cause I can't run. Well, after a 2 mo. break Paige spent more time running like a maniac than doing the obstacles in the right order. Hopefully she'll settle down a bit as we get back into attending classes routinely. Obedience will have to wait til later in the spring.

Off to do some laundry.
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 03:45 PM   #29  
Proud Coastie Wife

Had my weigh in this morning at Weight Watchers and I was pleasantly surprised!!! Lost 3.8 this week. It was a rough week here, though. My grandma isn't doing well, and I hate being so far away from her. So there was a lot of emotional eating here this past week, but I guess I just made better choices than I would have before.
One Tall Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 04:04 PM   #30  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! I've been working on getting tax info together today. I have one gal that works for me so the deadline for sending her her 1099 is Monday and I figured I had better get it done before I forget.

Honey and I went out to dinner last night, just the two of us. I'm getting so sick of not having any ambition and eating out all the time! I took Honey's paycheck and keep out a couple hundred dollars so I can do some GOOD grocery shopping and get with the program. Just waiting for the new week's ad to come in tomorrow. I've really gotta do something. NOW!!!

Again, I'm a whole thread and a half behind so let's see if I can catch up.

Kerri: Glad to see you checking in. You're so right about having to keep going, no matter what. Life goes on.....and it's going to pass us by one of these days....I know alot of my life already has! We've got to be able to see through the next day, just like it sounds like you've made peace with. Thanks for the thoughts.

Mary: Glad you got rid of your headache. I can feel my cheeks, I must have forgot my blood pressure pill again this morning. I better go check.

Ocean Girl: I wondered what happened to you. Guess you were just lost! I posted alot of different places when I first came too and then forgot where I needed to go look in case something responded to me. Then figured I better find one or two places I liked and stick with it. That works alot better.

Jennifer: So glad you stopped by. I'm with 2cute, it's like we've had a visit from the Queen!!!

Teflon: The machine at Curves I always hated was the one I "lovingly" referred to as the gynocologist machine, the one where you're legs are in stirrups and you spread 'em and pull 'em back together. That one is the pitts. *Glad to hear you're taking advantage of that activity center. It sounds like alot of fun.

SueMarie: "as I get older (I’m 28)" I can only WISH!!!! Good job wearing the pedometer. With all that walking I'm sad to hear you say it was only 4200 steps. Aren't we supposed to shoot for 10,000 a day? There would be NO WAY that I would be able to get that many in. YIKES! * How did the birthday party go? Hope you had fun.

2cute: I think you outdid yourself on the Challenge! How cute! But since I'm in Michigan already, you guys pick up everyone on the way and I'll just wait here for ya, ok? Oh, and BTW, you don't need as many cars if you use the black and white copy!

Terri: I found the stuff on Oprah. There's really quite a bit of good information there. I clicked on the magazine from the menu and there's eating and exercise stuff and all that. Thanks again for sharing. *I'm glad to hear your BIL seems to be improving some. * I only had a couple of trailer checks to do this week and since one had to be done yesterday, I did both of them while I was there so Honey and I could have the weekend free.

Iwillbe: Good job getting rid of that other pound! Hope that storm doesn't wipe you out! I hate it when I'm not "connected".

Barbg: [[[hugs]]] and prayers are coming your way. AND Congratulations on that anniversary. I'm sorry I missed saying it on YOUR day!!!

Judy: -16!!!! OMG!!! I hope you're bundled up good and warm somewhere. *CONGRATS on the full week OP! You're doing GREAT!!! I'm glad you were rewarded so handsomely with a 5 POUND loss!!! Good job!!!

CD: I'm glad you popped back in. It sounds like you're keeping up with your workout plan. I hope the school and emotional stuff straightens itself out for you REAL quick. *It sounds like you'll be getting a workout of a DIFFERENT kind tonight watching the munchkins!!!

Marcie: WOW! I had written that I hoped you didn't get gipped out of the two pounds, but now I have to say WooHOO for you! 4.2 is awsome! Good Job!

Angela: Sounds like you'll be having some fun this week interviewing!!! ENJOY!!!

SPECIALK: Good to see you over here where the action is!!! I love the part about you writing your mom a check. Maybe that's the motivation I would have needed years ago to lose. My father always offered ME things, a car, etc. Maybe if I would have been giving up something I already had, it would have been more motivating!!!

Michelle: Good job on the 2 pounds, and 10 for the month is GREAT!!!

GizmoV: Did you get 2cute's snow yet? Since we never really got snow when we were in NC, I really look at most of you girls as being too far south for snow.

Joyce: WOW, 22! That's a nice size dinner party! * It got up to 20 here yesterday and I was thinking "what a heatwave"!!!! It's pretty bad when we think 20 is warm!

Leanne: "So ... how does everyone change their attitude around to get back into the commitment, once they let it go for a while? " Boy, if I had the answer to THAT question, I'd be doing alot better!!! All I know is that if I don't find a change soon, I'm going to blow up like the Hindenburg!!

Jen: Glad you stopped in to let us know you did well. We've been thinking of you. "I have a magnificent set of boobies now " That's GREAT! I'm so glad you like them! I bet hubby does too!

Dimples: You can to the right spot. Just jump right in. Ask questions, tell us about yourself. Before you know it, you'll be blabbing on just like the rest of us. WELCOME!!!

Jana: Glad you're back with us. You did a great job this week as well. Good for you! WooHoo! *Sorry to hear about your grandma. I hope she will bounce right back. I know how hard it is to have loved ones far away.

BarbPA: Are you hanging in there, kiddo? Hope the IVF is going better. [[[hugs]]]

Well, my dears, I have been here far too long. It's after 4:00 already. OMG!!! Before I know it, it will be tomorrow. Hope I didn't miss anyone. Honey's getting ticked because I'm supposed to be cleaning in here! Oops!

Later..........Love ya bunches!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote