Old 01-21-2005, 10:04 PM   #1  
I've got my eye on you!

Default I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

I am so sorry for being gone so long. What kinda support club member am I? Not a great one, I'll tell you that much. I have had such a hard time losing weight. We all have, otherwise we wouldn't weigh over three hundred pounds. You don't get where I am by having an extra slice of cake only every now and then. The good news is my Dad has moved me up to his house in Chicago, to give a go at jump starting my weight loss. I don't have a scale here yet that can weigh me so I don't know where I am at this point. I will weigh in and get my plans together soon. I am currently reading Dr. Phil's 7 keys to weightloss success. Great book! Love it! It's going to take a long time but Mom and I are feeling good about getting our stuff together and working it out.

You girls (and guys ...in case we got any new male members while I was gone), are in my thoughts. Stay strong, keep your chin up...because I might have to use you as a leaning post before too long.

Best Wishes,
Blue
BlueHairFawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 12:14 AM   #2  
Dancing those pounds away

WELCOME BACK !!!! I am so happy to see you again.
Hopefully this move will help make that difference and jump start your new way of life.
Dr Phil has some WONDERFUL info ... read and learn.
But remember.. knowledge won't take that weight off ... it takes ACTION.
Hope to see you back on the main thread.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 02:44 PM   #3  

Hi Blue, Not sure I was around when you were here before. Good for you for making a fresh start! I'm in downstate Illinois, south of Champaign, so I get to Chicago sometimes (one of my co-workers actually lives in Chicago, despite the 3-hr commute).
Angela_aka_Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 03:49 PM   #4  
I've got my eye on you!

Thanks! I am always doing something anymore. The city is hopping and there's always SOMEWHERE to go. So it's great. If it werent so bloody cold.

I actually live in brookfrield, but everyone refers to the little villages and towns that run into the city Chicago as well. It's only about 20 minutes outside of the city...heh unless you go at a bad time of day. If there is traffic it can become quite a trip. It's nice, I love it here. There's always something to do, cant wait until I get my own car...I hate driving my dad's Van. Anyways, thanks for the encouragement...nice to meet you!
BlueHairFawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 05:40 PM   #5  

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again...#638

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have a bi-weekly 2x2 Challenge.
Our goal is to lose 2 lbs in 2 weeks.
We have a long term goal of losing 300+ lbs within our 300+ group in 2005.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!
Old 01-24-2005, 05:59 PM   #6  

Hey gang--Hope everyone's having a great day! I'm 100% so far... and it's almost dinner time, so that's good news.

2cute: Fun always trumps professional! Thanks for doing the challenge--I can't wait.

Ruby: Good for your for keeping OP with your exercise, at least. I know how you feel... sometimes the motivation just goes away. But you're doing this because YOU DESERVE IT. You deserve to be healthier and happier. Make your next eating decision one that will help you get what you deserve. YOU CAN DO IT.

Sue: Yes, I've used Fitday, and I like it well enough, but I often get to wishing it had more stuff in it. How much does your Diet Power thing cost?

Judy: Good job!
Old 01-24-2005, 06:26 PM   #7  

Good evening all!

Today is my third perfect on plan day in a row! WOOHOO for me! I just got back from the dr. though...I have a nasty sinus infection/chest cold and she put me on two different meds. I am sure that will be great for weight loss! My blood pressure was also elevated (127/79) and she said that I need to come back in a month to check it. It may be because of the infection. *sigh* I was thinking....yeah right...most likely it is because I weigh 316 lbs!!! We will see how that goes. She said it wasnt hypertension high, but just borderline, need diet and exercise high.
Jibbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 06:59 PM   #8  
You and Me in 2003

Hello all
Food today was good. I am trying to stay OP
I exercised 12 minutes. thats not much but thats all I could manage
Catch all tomorrow
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 07:16 PM   #9  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannie39074
Hello all
Food today was good. I am trying to stay OP
I exercised 12 minutes. thats not much but thats all I could manage
Catch all tomorrow
GOOD FOR YOU MARY
That's 4 minutes more than I did today. Every little bit is an improvement over none.
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 09:25 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies!

Grueling day at work. Our weather was rather mild today. Hard to believe that it was so darned cold over the weekend when it was so pretty today. I did get in a good dog walk tonight. Beautiful night.

The BIL had another small stroke this morning. They were unable to do surgery to get the arteries open because of it. And the strokes happen because of the arteries. DH thinks the strokes are happening now because the blood flow is so much different now that they did the vein replacement. Maybe they should have checked those neck arterties first? Tomorrow they will try again. So DH is rather worried. He is going to the hospital tomorrow to wait while they do surgery.

Someone asked about WW Online. Did I answer? If so, ignore me. If not, then I use it and love it. I don't go to the weekly meetings and use the online journal instead.

Marcie - Good job for having OP days. Sorry to see that you have that nasty sinus crap. Hope the meds work quickly!

For those of you who occassionally lose your post, do you try the forward button? I finally figured out that sometimes when I hit the backspace, it backs me up a screen and looks like I've lost my entry. But if I hit the forward button, it forwards me back to my post. Most of the time it works. Other times, I'm just pi$$ed.

J-Ann - Good to see you back. How are the doggies? on day three!

Mary/G - Hey, 12 mins is better than none! You can get back on track!

Angela - Thanks for the new thread. I saw your exercise goals over on the other thread. Good goals! Consistancy is more important than duration right now. You can do it!

Sue Marie - For whatever its worth, I have read that spicy foods do help speed up the metabolism. for a pound gone!

Okay, ladies, we're starting to have some slippage. Don't forget that we lost over 50 pounds on our first challenge. Let's not all gain it back this time! There's still time to get it back together and undo any damage. We should be able to add another 10-15 pounds to our total loss.

Sorry for not doing more replies. I'm tired and going to go rest.

Have a good evening.

P.S. Wasn't Desperate Housewives great? So who do you think Dana is and why did they fake her death? So what about Mike and the woman he is looking for? Inquiring minds need to know!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 10:19 PM   #11  

Way to go, Mary/Grannie. 12 minutes is better than zero, and tomorrow 13 minutes will be better than 12.

Jibelle - My b.p. is also in the 120s/70s, but I am refusing to take meds for it because I have passed out in the past, and had to go to the ER by ambulance. I'm scared to take anything now. Hope your infection clears soon.

Angela (thanks for the pep talk- appreciated) and Sue Marie - Do either of you use the off-line FitDay software, or just register online? I'm thinking of buying the cd-rom for my birthday, wondering if it is any good.

Terri - Dana is the daughter of the lady that killed herself (Mary Alice?) and the sister of the "unbalanced" teenage boy. The dad is now claiming that Dana is not dead, but at the beginning of the series it was said that the hope chest that was recovered from the pond had human remains in it, but that angle has never been followed up. So I don't know if the dad is lying or not. I hope they clear up this mystery before going on to the next one - Mike's missing girlfriend (or wife?) - because it is getting so soap-opera-ish that I'm starting to get dizzy.

Have a great OP day everybody - Ruby
therubyslippers!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 11:00 PM   #12  

Hey all, My first 100% OP day in a long, long time. Thanks for your support.

Marcie--GOOD JOB! I'm going to try to imitate you by shooting for 3 perfect days in a row... I don't know what my longest streak is, but I could certainly use a streak.

Mary--I did a whole 10 minutes, so you've got me beat.

Terri--Sorry to hear about the BIL. Sounds scary. Hope things take a turn for the better. Thanks for the pep talk.

Ruby--Any time! I need pep talks all the time myself.

Sleep tight all--
Old 01-25-2005, 01:27 AM   #13  

Unhappy New here and deciding if I can do this...

Welll.. where do I begin?

I'm not sure what lead me here.. I guess I'm at a point of decision in my life where I need to choose which road I'm going to go down, and convince myself of whether or not I'm A: Worthy to go down the road I should and B: Strong enough to do the same. I don't know why I'm going to post my problems here, or why I think anyone would really care, but here goes...

My name is Elisha and I'm a 28 year old large woman. I'm not sure how much I weigh now since I haven't been on a scale in a while. I guess I can't bear to know the truth. I'm pretty sure that it's nearly 300 lbs. now. I'm stuck in a rut in this life, and trapped in a deadly cycle that I'm not sure I know how to break. I was getting a master's degree in opera, but it wasn't making me happy because I enjoy singing other music so much more(jazz, r&b, and pop etc.). So, I dropped out of school. I'm also suffering from social anxiety disorder compounded with recurrent depression. I've been pretty low for a while now, and I barely can get up the will to leave the house. My anxiety has become so bad that I fear the simplest things like talking on the phone, and even going to church has gotten hard... I'm even afraid of getting a job and going out there because I'm afraid that I'd fail at it, and the social aspect scares me..

I'm depressed, and quite frankly embarrassed about who I am right now, and my lack of success in my life. I badly want to be a singer, but fear that my weight will hold me back. I need to do something with my life, but I don't know what to do. It's gotten so that I'm in sort of a downward spiral out of control, and in a viscious cycle that seems unending... I get depressed because I'm big and don't like myself so I don't get out and do things and I eat.. And because I don't get out and do things and eat, I get bigger.

The scary thing for me now, is that the weight is really starting to take it's toll on my body. I'm embarrassed to admit that my back hurts so much from supporting the weight that simple tasks like going to the store become a challenge. Even just standing for 15 minutes will bring tears to my eyes from the pain. Then of course there are the knee pains and such that also come with it. This is making me feel like I'll never get out of this. Exercise seems so daunting when a walk is out of the question because my back is so messed up.

I really feel alone right now, and like a miserable excuse for life. Here I am, dealing with these things that I guess most people would see as trivial, while there are people starving and who have "REAL" problems. The thing is, these problems are real to me, and I have a feeling that if I don't find a way to solve them and get myself out of this, I will not live much longer.. whether it be by illness due to my poor condition or by my own hand. I can't believe I just wrote that...

Anyways, I'm pretty sure you don't want to deal with this girl's sob story... I just thought that if there were any people who may understand even a little of what i'm feeling and who may have some ideas on how to change this train wreck of a life around, I might find them here...

So here I am.. I am on the precipice, and I have to decide if I think I'm capable of doing what I've only dreamed of my whole life. I want to believe I have the courage and fortitude to make this happen... I just couldn't bear to fail, and I guess that's what really scares me. I hope I make the right choice... Hopefully I can learn something here, and get "back into the game"

I guess that's enough blubbering for one night... but it does feel good to finally get some of that out,

Elisha
JazzGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 01:40 AM   #14  
Michigan Old-Timer

Elisha: I was just ready to log off for the night, I had been doing some housekeeping here in the area, when I saw your post and had to respond.

You HAVE come to the right place. There are many of us that have been in the same boat you're in and this area has been a light at the end of the tunnel.

We've all pretty much gone through the vicious circle that you refer to. You eat and get larger, so you don't go out, and you eat and get larger. The fact that you have come here and posted is the first step to the rest of your life.

I'm not going to blow sunshine up your butt and say it will be easy, nor am I going to tell you that we all don't still have struggles, even some of us after being here for a couple of years. But I will tell you that there are many of us here who know exactly what you're saying, have been there before, or are there now, and we are here to support, encourage and motivate each other to make the changes that are necessary to improve our lives.

My first piece of advice is tell you take it slow. Our society is one of instant gratification and it is always our wish to have things done NOW. Unfortuneately, we did get this large instantly, and we're not going to get small instantly either. We have to celebrate the little things....BABY STEPS is one of our favorite sayings.

Take one new, positive behavior at a time and add it to your life. When the first positive behavior becomes a habit, then add a second, and then a third.

Maybe the first one should be drinking enough water. 6-8 glasses a day is what any weightloss program will recommend. Once you get that one down pat, then try 5 minutes of exercise...working your way up even by 1 minute a day. After all, you've gotta start somewhere.

I hope that you will post with us often. Come on over to the numbered thread....#638, I believe we're on....and introduce yourself. That's where most of the action takes place. Sometimes these little side threads don't get read by everyone.

Hope to see you back real soon.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 01:46 AM   #15  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! Just checking in before I go Nite Nite. As you can see it's 1:45 AM and I should have been in bed long ago.

I was on the road all day again scouting hotels for Spring Fling II and I'm happy to say I think I found a great place. I'll be back tomorrow to give you more particulars, but for now, the dates for the Fling are officially April 22 thru April 24th, Friday thru Sunday. Hope you all will be checking on ways to get here to Michigan to join us. I'll be sending out some more information soon so if you'd like to receive it and I don't have your address yet, please PM it to me and I will catch you right up with all the other stuff I've sent out as well.

Ok, time to hit the bed. Eyes are shutting.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote