Old 01-14-2005, 03:49 PM   #16  
Leanne

Happy birthday Jennifer!
I'm sure your surgery will go wonderfully and just think - new you!

Sending best wishes your way,
Leanne
hippygoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 06:00 PM   #17  

Good evening ladies!
I have missed a whole day of posts. It has been CRAZY!!!! I feel like I have been running in circles all day and not gotten anywhere....*sigh* I may have to work some this weekend. YUCK!

I had a good on plan day. I am having a healthy choice meal and some raw veggies for dinner....I am too tired to cook.

Weigh in is tomorrow...I am not "feeling" down, but we will see how it goes!!!!
Jibbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 02:54 AM   #18  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! Dinner Thursday night was FABULOUS! I started with Lobster Bisque, one of my absolute favorites and Honey started with a Michigan salad, which basically had dried cherries and walnuts, bacon and bleu cheese crumbles on top. We each had a steak that was cooked to perfection. We shared augratin potatoes and asparagus with hollandase (sp?) sauce. For dessert we shared bread pudding that was topped with a whiskey sauce that was to die for. I brought a good portion of the steak home. It was way too big to finish.

Friday I had a very nice day for Fun Friday. I picked mom up about 12:30 and took her to lunch at a barbeque restaurant, a job, of course. We had the most horrible service. Guess that's what I get for having great service the night before, eh?

After lunch I had 2 "bank jobs" to pull and 3 Post Offices so I asked mom if she wanted to ride along since these jobs require me to basically run in and out. So we had a wonderful afternoon of yakking it up in the car between stops. The only downside was I had to remember where I left off in a story so that I could finish when I got back in the car.

I dropped her off at about 6:00 and made my way home where I found out that "the baby" was going out to a friends. (that reminds me, he hasn't come in yet and it's almost 3 AM. Hmmmmm.) That left Honey and I alone for dinner since #1 Son was working late. We headed out to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner. They have popcorn shrimp on the menu now and I haven't had that in I can't remember when so I ordered it for a real treat. They were so good.

Tonight was a typical night. Joan of Arcadia, JAG and Medical Investigations. That's pretty much our Friday lineup here.

Tomorrow we're meeting the friends we went to Vegas with for breakfast and then going to the furniture store to pick out our new mattress. Sealy is replacing ours, but we need to go to a store to choose what type we want. We've been waiting for some time off to do that and we don't have to do anything at the theatre this week so we've put that trip on this weekend's agenda.

When we get home, Honey wants to tackle my office. I told him "tackle" it??? We need to blow it up!!!! He insists that we go through everything paper by paper (OMG!!!) so that no business receipts are missed this year for taxes. He's afraid that since we lost one of the boys as a dependent this year, we will be in deep doo doo as far as paying taxes goes. Hope that's not the case because I like a decent refund to play with!

Not sure why I bored you with my whole agenda, but if you're still reading, I give you alot of credit. I guess I'm just trying to say I'll probably be scarce this weekend. It's a little hard to sneak on the computer when the one you're sneaking from is in the same room with you.

2cute: Sorry you had such an awful day the other day. I hate power outages. Hope everything went much better today for you.

Michelle: I bet you're gone by now and on the road. Hope you have a wonderful visit with your family and don't run into any rough driving weather.

MaryB: No Pudge seems to have alot of good stuff to offer. I've tried the brownines.

Terri: I hope you were able to get some much needed rest. This week has been terrible for sleep for me too. Maybe it has to do with barimetric pressure or something. What do I know? It's going on 2:30 AM here again and I just have not been able to shut down and hit the mattress until at least 3 AM all week. Can you spell FRUSTRATED?? I sure can!

Steph: That's quite a workout you're getting at the gym. Keep up the good work.

Mary: That treadmill staring at you for lunch every day must be inspiring. It's also got to be great having others at work to urge each other on. I can picture it, one day when you might not feel like getting on it, your co-worker does and says "come on Mary, you can do it too". Then another day it might be you saying the same thing to them when they're not feeling like it. That's gotta be great for motivation.

Barbg: I hope your Friday wasn't as bad as you expected it to be. You didn't elaborate so I have no idea what's going on, but I was thinking good thoughts for you. * Ok, now I gotta ask. Are all these cute things you're posting now YOUR designs? I know you said you were going to try your hand at it. Either way, they are oh so cute!!! * You are doing such a phenominal job OP. Is the green tea nasty tasting? What makes it so special compared to other tea? I'm not a real tea drinker, but I'm not opposed to the idea either. It sure sounds like you're having success with it and whatever else you're doing.

Marcie: I had heard about the anti-oxident properties of the green tea as well. Does it come in tea bags or do you put the leaves in a strainer?

Qadira: I'm sorry to hear that you messed up your back. I hope you're feeling better real soon. That two hour trek to the city won't be too comfortable is you're nursing a sore back. Do you ice it? I've found ice to be my best friend when my back is out. It works as a natural pain reliever/numb-er (ok, how do you spell numb but with the er on it? It comes out looking like number #. Hmmmm) as well as an anti-inflamatory. Makes me feel sooooo much better.

Ruby: Thanks for stopping in with the birthday hello. Hope you'll be back soon.

Leanne: That's a really crappy way to lose weight, but now that it's gone, it's gone. You had a really great loss: 11.4 pounds. Now the challenge will be keeping it off. Sometimes when we lose it with sickness, it goes back on way too easily. Hope that's not the case for you.

Joanne: That was nice of you to stop in special for birthday wishes. I wish you'd come back more regularly.

Kari: "She was saying how she was reading in the atkins book about how the "low fat/low calorie" plans will set you up for failure." Of course the authors of diet plan books tout how theirs is "the best" and others have flaws. That's the only way they sell them. I'm not saying that just in reference to Atkins, WW does the same thing and so do all the rest. The bottom line seems to be if you work the plan (whatever it is), the plan works. We have to find one that we can live with for the rest of our lives because that's what we will all have to do. I don't think I even dream of a time when I won't have to be watching what I eat. After being heavy for so long, I'm prone to overeating, period. 5 pounds is awsome! GOOD JOB!!! See below for Detroit info.

Susie: Don't know exactly when you're leaving but have a WONDERFUL trip. You deserve to get away. You've had far to much stress for the past few months. Let some peacefulness wash over you and come back refreshed.

BarbPA: "I have to play nurse Barb everynight". Does Jeff make you dress up too? I hear some men like that!!!! Hope he's feeling better. I'm glad the acupuncture is relaxing you. Sounds like your "space" is just the peacefulness you needed.

Angela: These high class restaurants really know how to do up the asparagus right. YUM>

Blissful: Welcome to our little corner of the world. I hope you join us often so we can get to know you and you us. Is it cold in your neck of the woods???

Jen: "You always manage to draw me out of hiding". Well somebody's gotta do something! sheesh. we miss you! My thoughts and prayers are with you for the end of this month. I'm sure you'll be fine and really love the new you!!!

CD: WOW, doing it all online! That's really a feat for a procrastinator! I know, cuz I is one! It looks like you'll be working on alot of discipline this term. I'm rooting for you!

As for Detroit: There are so many new folks joining us lately that I will put in my advertisement for Spring Fling 2. Last year, in April, 2cute hosted Spring Fling 1 in Tulsa, OK and a bunch of us went for a weekend and had a wonderful time meeting each other face to face. So this year, I volunteered to hostess Spring Fling 2 here in the Detroit, MI area. It will be one of the last two weekends in April. Susie, also from this area and founder of this thread, has been brainstorming with me about activities. We have some fun things planned and some unplanned time where we can just gab. I have been sending out a little something about once a month to remind everyone to save their pennies and build excitement. If any of you are interested in more info and I do not have your address, please PM it to me and I will put you on my little mailing list. Disclaimer (cuz everything needs some small print ): Your address and personal information will never be sold, passed around or given to anyone else without your expressed permission! I will be out next week searching out appropriate hotels and be letting anyone who has expressed an interest in on the infomation. I will try and keep it fairly inexpensive and affordable. We had great accommodations in Tulsa in a "suite" hotel where you could choose to share a room with someone to keep expenses down, or you could have private accommodations. That's what I'm shooting for again this year because it worked so well there.

Ok, I've just turned into a pumpkin and it's time for bed. I love you all.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 06:40 AM   #19  

Thin-
I buy it in tea bags, but it comes as lose leaves as well. I dont like dealing with lose leaves though.
Jibbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 08:35 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Kari!! Good job!

I'm posting a fabo recipe for chicken on the recipe thread. Its from SBD.

I'm off to have breakfast with DH and he's going with me to work for a few hours. Then we going to shop Whole Foods which is on that side of town.

Later chicks!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 08:36 AM   #21  

Oh yeah, if anyone needs motivation to give up fast foods, watch Super Size Me. We watched it last night and I told DH we're going organic after that.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:07 AM   #22  
Dancing those pounds away

Thumbs up

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEANNE !!!!
I hope you feel well enough today to at least get to enjoy your birthday !!
You have really suffered long enough.
Here is a big hug from all of us wishing you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!

Thin.. thanks for the info on the SPRING FLING 2
Our Feb challange is based around it too. BUT it is not limited to those going.
Just a fun reminder while following our program. I too will need anyones address if you want it mailed to you. Just send it to me via PM.

I finally got brave and tried the Green Tea.
It did not taste bad at all. LOL I wouldn't go as far as to say it tasted good... but I can definitely drink a glass of it daily if it will help me lose weight. I bought the tea bags too. I hear they have a caffeine free bag too ... but I could not find it.

I am not doing replys this morning. I feel motivated to get busy and that doesn't happen often. LOL
I hope everyone does something "Physical" for Sit-up Saturday.
My food is still going well. Getting my water in and journalling... but that exercise is killing me.
Have a great day !!!
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 12:36 PM   #23  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default Here's to you, Leanne!

Happy Birthday to You!
Happy Birthday to You!
Happy Birthday, dear Leanne!
Happy Birthday to YOU!!!! And many more!
Hope you have a wonderful day!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 12:50 PM   #24  
Warrior of Grace

Hippy Birthday, hippygoddess
Qadira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 02:35 PM   #25  
BELIEVE!

Happy Birthday Leanne!
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 02:44 PM   #26  

Happy Birthday Leanne!!

Old 01-15-2005, 03:57 PM   #27  
Leanne

Awww thank you ...

I had a very quiet one but managed to have a slice of birthday cake (baked by two of my children) yesterday - I think I'm finally on the mend!

Apart from that I watched dvds (Garfield with the kids, and I, Robot) and had a really quiet day. My extended family (parents, brother etc) completely forgot about it!
I have decided next weekend, when I am all better, I am going to have a day where I can do all the stuff I like to do as I would have done if I was well.

Thanks again
Leanne
hippygoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 05:48 PM   #28  
Warrior of Grace

That's a great idea! Glad you're feeling better.
Qadira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 05:56 PM   #29  
Hang In There

LEANNE
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 08:40 PM   #30  
You and Me in 2003

Happy Birthday Leanne

I'm back from the seminar
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote