Old 01-09-2005, 10:40 AM   #16  

Michelle-
I live in Sanford...which is about 40 miles SW of Raleigh on US1....we can get to the Farmers Market in about 40 minutes from our house. I LOVE the Farmers Market and we go every other week during the late spring, summer, and early fall. Right now, it is mostly greens...not my favorite. I cant wait until spring though!!!! I am about to start laundry too. *sigh*

WAY to go Mary!!!!!! Be a good girl at Applebees!!!!
Jibbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 11:21 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 325/

Height: 5'8"

Oww my back, my arms, my legs, boy oh boy. What a day yesterday. I got to the house and had to shovel the sidewalk and part of the driveway. Mind you this is the first time I have shoveled in years. It use to be so much easier. But hey it was a good workout. Than, I painted the bathroom. Oh my, the color did not turn out exactly as my hunny thought it would. I knew we should have went with the blue I liked. Anyhow, I still have to paint the one shelf in there and remove the trim. I also lined the shelves in my pantry and we discoved a death trap for our cats. It turns out that the pretty decorative area that is underneath our built in china cabinet is where the cold air return is for the Central Air/Heat. I discoved this because some of the tissue paper from the present my mom gave us was on the floor in front of it and when the heater came on the paper disappeared. Now I thought that the vent just made it blow underneath, but when I looked underneath it was completely gone. So we got a flashlight and mirror so we could see underneath. Turns out it goes into the ducts directly to the heater. So there would be no way to get the cat out if it falls in. So now I have to find something nice to cover it up and prevent the cats from climbing in it. I am so glad that we discoved this before we got the cats over there and lost a cat in the house. So that is my project for today along with changing the sockets that I have yet to change. So I am off to work on the house. I plan on taking a half day at work tomorrow so that I can move stuff with my hunny tomorrow.

I will post replys later. Thanks to everyone who answered my question about the exercising in front of your spouse. I know I shouldn't be embarrassed by it, he has seen me naked, and at my worst with my operations. So how bad to flubber bouncing be

Later all, Love ya
Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 02:10 PM   #18  
Determined

Cool

I wish I could've answerd you skittles! However I dont have a spouse :P

I know I need to catch up with Replies as well - as always! Tomorrow I start classes, I should start working Wednesday! And then I'm sure Ill have time (funny how when I start working is when I have "time" to reply online").

You know, I've thought about it and you guys are so right about being honest with friends and everything. I've tried to be honest before but I've found that I hate when people get "pushy" about it. When you tell them you want to lose weight and they interrogate every aspect of your life.

As shown I have my goal for my 20th birthday in July of getting down to 275. It'll be the first time I've been below 300 pounds since.. I think when I was in 8th grade - 1998. I want to celebrate it if I accomplish it, and I think I will include my friends in that. I don't want them involved as in having them telling me what I should and shouldnt do - but I do want them involved in my celebration of my successes. Thats good right? I want their words of support and encouragement, their thoughts and prayers or whatever.. but thats enough for me

I'm catching back up with myself a bit. Drinking lots of water more often. Not so much snacking and bad eating. I've been cleaning and I'm certain I'll work out tonight.

I have this personal weight issue that I'm dealing with that I'm trying to figure out about .. and don't know who to talk about it with. Its so hard.. sometimes I wish I knew someone who weighed the same as me, had the same affects of their weight, was the same age, and had the same experiences - only including wisdom and insight. Its making me really confused right now.

I hope all of you are doing wonderfully, and if you arent you know you can be! I think of you all constantly. I wish I could be here and be more responsive, I'm just so lost in my mind lately. You are all such wonderful people, you all deserve the best.. don't forget that.

Last edited by cdtobehealthy; 01-09-2005 at 02:14 PM.
cdtobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 02:24 PM   #19  

CD-
That sounds like a very attainable goal! I am sure you can do it!!!
Old 01-09-2005, 04:28 PM   #20  
BELIEVE!

Hi Chickies!
Just popping in to say Hello and wish everyone a happy and healthy day! All is well here, taking it easy today, putzing around the house. Did my "Pilates for Dummies" tape. Now I am enjoying some "me" time in my "special room". Tonight I am making a steak and salad for dinner.
Back to work tomorrow!
Have a great evening!
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 05:50 PM   #21  
Warrior of Grace

And I'm popping in to say I'm bummed out because I still can't weigh myself on my new scale! After 6 weeks of losing regularly, this is the week (the first of the year when I'm involved in a challenge!) that I plateau! I think my muscle growth this week caught up with my fat loss or something... Still on plan and exercising 6 days a week and not a pound! Official weigh in is tomorrow morning, so maybe... just maybe...

Grannie39074, we didn't have kids, so MIL calls our animals her grandkitties and granddoggies. I thought that was sweet. Congrats on losing 7 lbs! Woo-Hoo!

Skittles, hope you got that kitty death trap covered up. That sounds dangerous!

cd, just because people interrogate you doesn't mean you have to answer. There are some great things to say that shut people up nicely when they start treading where they have no business going. If you simply say, "I don't want to talk about this, thanks. What are you doing today?" or otherwise change the subject, it usually gets the message across. As far as your personal weight issue, this is probably the safest place for you to get feedback about it. Maybe you could even PM a few people you know and trust here if you feel it's too personal? I know I'd do my best to give you my point of view. I'm not your age, but I was once.

Have a great day, everyone.
Qadira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 07:31 PM   #22  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! Just got in, from all places, the scene of another accident. It seems the front end of "the Baby's" car had a magnetic attraction to a telephone pole! He's fine, but his car is definitely NOT!!! I think you'll recall that he just got his car back from being in the shop for 7 weeks for a new transmission. Well, here we go again...........

Had to stop packing Christmas stuff to go rescue him and now Honey's back at it so I suppose I better go back to it too. Hate packing Christmas stuff away. Oh well, it's just a day full of stuff I hate to do.

As I read this, it sure is a crappy post. Sorry about that. I'll come back later and maybe life will be better. Desperate Housewives is on tonight so maybe I'll get some laughter in. That is usually good for the soul.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 09:00 PM   #23  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile

Good evening friends. I am trying to get a post in before Desperate Housewives too.

I had a veryyy productive day. I packed up ALL of my christmas stuff ... we got them put up in the attic again until next year. Then while in the garage I cleaned it up too.
I sent a car load of stuff home with my daughter.... I filled up my husbands SUV and took it to the Goodwill donation site. So now my garage looks clean and pretty agin. Well sort of.
I still have more stuff out there to go through and put away... but compared to the MESS it was... it is now clean and pretty.

My food has been GREAT today. In fact.. it was PERFECT !!!
I again wanted to go to a fast food place and get breakfast ... but I did NOT.
That is three days in a row I resisted. But other than that ... I did not even want to cheat.
I am feeling more confident daily. I am being more productive daily too. That REALLY helps in my spirit.

Marcie... where did you live before NC ?? How long have you been in NC now ?

Michelle... do you live anywhere near Marcie? I would love to talk my DH to go visit NC someday. Maybe the Spring Fling 2006.

Grannie/Mary ... WOWZA !!! 7 lbs !!!! That is Awesome !!! Congratulations !!!

Skittles ...You sound like you really enjoy getting your new home ready. I would love to see some photos !! Are you moved in yet?? Since the cats are not there I thought maybe you haven't moved in either. It sure is a good thing you found that cat trap. You could have lost some of your things too.

CD .. I understand you wanting someone your own age to talk with ... but remember all of us are more than happy to listen ... and we probably lived through them too. I think there are some threads dedicated to different age groups here. I thought once of joining an over 50 group because it truly is harder to lose the older your get. But I could never leave my loved ones here. And I KNOW you will make your birthday challenge. GO FOR IT !!!

BarbPA ... Years ago I would lock myself in a room alone and do some meditating and soul searching. Practiced my deep breathing too. It truly helped me to lose 80 lbs.
Taking care of your body pays off. Keep it up.

Oadira.... Have you thought of exchanging that scale for one that can weigh you now.
I bought a WW scale that goes to 400lbs. It was $49 but well worth it. Luckily I had a $10 coupon so I only paid $39 There are lots of scales that go up to 400 now. You can also buy ones that weigh up to 500 lbs online.

Thin... I am sooo happy your son is okay. How SCAREY !!! I hope he knows how lucky he is. I bet he is mad and sad he is out of a car AGAIN. Poor baby. Poor mommy too. You will have to live with him.

okay... time for Desperate Housewives.... gotta run
I get so excited every time it comes on.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 12:01 AM   #24  
Leanne

Just time for a quick post in between trips to the bathroom
Qadira I know what you mean about the scale. I bought one here on special but it doesn't quite weigh me (yet). I hope to be able to measure myself on it by February though! In the meantime I'm sticking to the dietician's scales, which I weigh-in on everytime I see her (about once a week normally). Couldn't go today though because I can't drive (can't be more than 5 minutes away from a bathroom)

Do you see the possibility of weighing on your scales as a challenge/goal to get to? It could be used both ways - if its depressing then I would get a bigger scale, otherwise just tell yourself within a couple of weeks you are going to be weighing in on it!
hippygoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 12:04 AM   #25  

skittles - the cat in the furnace thing actually happened to me once, luckily it was summer. Unluckily I didn't know how to get him out. Luckily a friend came by a few minutes later, ran down to the basement, opened the furnace and scooped the kitty out good as new!

CD - I agree with Qadira. You won't find many 19 year olds with wisdom, not because they are dumb, but because there is soooo much living and learning to do at your age. But if you want, maybe try the teen forum. My teenagers think I'm fairly stupid, but I'm not really stupid, just unhip. I guess it depends on what point of view you want.

2cute - good job resisting the fast food. That was my goal for last year and I've done quite well. We had FF today for the first time in weeks and it tasted horrible!! Probably always has! We rented "SuperSize Me" last week, so now it's EFF - or evil fast food!

Gotta jet - schoolday tomorrow! -Ruby
therubyslippers!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 04:06 AM   #26  

I have had the fast food battle for years myself. My hubby gave up smoking on Tuesday and I finally gave up fast food except once with him. I use to crave it when I would leave the gym each morning. This is not the first time I have given it up. I have noticed that after 4 or 5 days I don't even think about it or want it. Sounds like you are doing good with it 2cute (and I love the name) keep not wanting it.

If anyone is interested I found a website and bought a scale that goes to technically 440 but weighed me up to 451, the scale was around $80 I think.

Have a wonderful and goal winning day everyone. I am new to posting on the board. I have been lurking for a week or so.
workingitoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 04:12 AM   #27  
Determined

Oh, I hope you all didnt get the wrong message Its not that I need someone my age to understand because I think you're uncool or anything like that..

I just know most of you are my mothers age.. and it makes me think about telling my mother it. .and it just worries me or i dunno! Maybe I'm just embarassed in general!

I guess I just don't know where the topics are limited here.

Okay, okay.. here it is: I'm a virgin... (not that it matters all that much) and I think sex is going to come into the picture soon. The only thing is ..there are SOOO many things about my body that I dislike and I since I can't lose 200 pounds in a matter of months, I don't know what to do. I'm ready for it, but I just don't trust my body to be something worthy of.... "making love to". Gah I hate talking about this! Makes me feel so young and inexperienced.

Its just there are sores on my thights.. and some raw skin.. my breasts are saggy.. things like that. I just don't know how to feel about it - how to let the person know that this is an issue.. I've told him that I don't like my body and he says that he doesn't mind it - but I don't think he realizes just how obese I am.. and the things that come with being this large. I don't want to get detailed with him about everything.

Oi, I can just imagine what everyone is going to say :P I guess this means I'm not ready right? I guess I just really.. want to be. It feels like this is something I need to discuss with those that are my age, but so many people my age are really promiscuous (spelling?) and I'm not, plus it is very rare to find someone my size thats my age which is really the main issue - not the sex itself.

There phew *wipes brow*. If this is too.. "risky" for this thread, lemme know I'll get rid of it.

I'm up about to shower - we're going to the gym before my first class starts.. and I'm actually excited
cdtobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 05:45 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 290/232/144

Happy Monday
we had ice again on saturday and then yesterday the trees are still hanging heavy with ice afraid we would still lose power but were very lucky there is places not to far away that is out of power they lost it last Thursday and The power company is saying it could be tuesday or wed before they get power back now the weather person on the local news is calling for patchy freezing drizzel Ugh we dont need any more Ice
well all i must confess i had a do nothing day on sunday i actually never got dressed until 1 in the afternoon and i most likely would not have dressed then but i had to go to my grandmothers to pick up my dd (15 ) she just loves taking a weekend once and a while and going to her great-grandmothers ... god love her my grandmother just turned 80 and she still lives on her own (family very near to keep an eye on her) but she is in good health and does not have the normal signs of aging yet .
well here is to a good day all and a good week .
memoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 07:27 AM   #29  
Warrior of Grace

Good Morning All! It's not 5 AM yet, and here I am typing away. You see, I had the nerve to sleep really well the first half of the night so I guess I don't get the 2nd half... I've been lying awake since 3:30. Arg!

On scales... I have been looking at it as a goal, I just had expectations that I'd reach it several weeks ago! I got it at Wal-Mart, which is the only place around here to get one. It goes up to 330 and that's the highest they had. It's really a long story. Suffice it to say, I keep thinking 'next week' then it errors out again. I'll get there, it's just frustrating. In the meantime I have an innaccurate one I'm using to see the pounds go away.

workingitoff - Welcome! I'm fairly new to this site and it's really pretty neat.

cd, First, a big hug to you. Here are my thoughts about your situation. This is just my opinion and can be taken or discarded as you see fit. I'm going to speak mostly in the first person, because that's what I prefer. One aspect of having sex is vulnerability. It's one of the most emotionally vulnerable positions I put myself in. For it to be a good, healthy experience (unless it's just casual, physical sex) I really have to trust the person. I have to trust that I can open up to the person and they will not laugh at me or put me down.

When someone 'makes love to you', it's not just your body they're loving. It's all of you. I think it's not healthy to separate out the physical when it comes to sex. Yes, physical pleasure is part of it, but if someone cares about you and wants to have sex with you, it's important that they accept you (the totallity of you) in that vulnerable state of sharing your most intimate self with them...

So if I were going to get that intimate with someone, I would tell them my fears ahead of time. I would tell them, "I know I'm fat and I feel pretty self-conscious about it, especially things you may not know about my body and I'm afraid that you might be grossed out." (or whatever) I doubt seriously that this stuff is going to change his mind, but I think you'll feel a lot better once it's out in the open. It's amazing the imperfections another person might be willing to accept, even if you don't.

He might not realize all the things that come with being obese, but he knows how big you are. If you're going to share intimately with him, open up verbally first. That way there'll be no surprises. Good luck More hugs...
Qadira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 07:35 AM   #30  

Awww.....good answer!!

Qadria-
I bought one of those 330 max scales at walmart last week....a health o meter with a blue pad on top. It measures EXACTLY the same as the one as the center!!! My old scale was more than 5 lbs off! I am soooo glad I got it! GOOOOD luck getting to that 330 lb mark. I am sure you will be there before you know it!!!