Old 01-03-2005, 12:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again....#625

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who many weigh or have weighed 300+. This group was formed to provide a safe place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

There is no weight requirement to belong.
We can all learn from each other.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have a bi-weekly 2x2 Challenge.
Our goal is to lose 2 lbs in 2 weeks.
We have a long term goal of losing 300+ lbs within our 300+ group in 2005.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 01:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!

Well, what's left of it. About 7 minutes.

I'm off today for the New Year's holiday. It's a cold, rainy day which might turn into a freezing rain day. Look's like winter crap for the next three days.

I've been fighting the urge to be a slug. I've been working on the mountain of laundry. Hauled the Christmas stuff downstairs. Vacuumed. Shredded paper. Cleaned up my desk. Just did 40 minutes of strength exercises. Hauled my weights and stability ball into the living room to occupy the place left vacant by the tree. Taken my measurements. Read a magazine. Thinking about a nap. Still have the bathrooms to clean, more laundry and a cardio workout. Oh, go buy DH a new pair of shoes and then the grocery store. Surely that will all count as activity points.

I didn't notice Barb.G's before and after switch.

Congrats on your loss, Qadira!

BarbPA - Good for you for making your own space. Sounds very peaceful. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your family friend. My prayers go out to her family.

Welcome home Skit!

Mary - Good job on two OP days! Yes you can do this. Look at what you've accomplished already.

Welcome Vickie!

Marcy - I told mom about you and your family living close to the Hesterburg's. Ask you mom if she heard of the Cope's. They are very active in all the agriculture business in the county - very big time farmers. Another set of cousins.

Mary.B - Welcome back too and for your loss as well!

Off to do something else!

Have a good day!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 02:51 PM   #3  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Yesterday was OP! I'm right on track today as well. There is one last piece of my daughter's birthday cake sitting on the counter, and I told myself I could have it if I still want it after getting in all my fruits and veggies for the day. With 4 servings of each, I really don't see that cake happening. I'm feeling full and happy and very much in control!

I have to try and get a nap in before I can attempt to finish up my phone calling project. Only 30 more calls to make in the one city. Yes! Then I pretty up the database of info I've collected and send it off to my magazine editor. No, it isn't writing, but she is paying me well. Oh yeah, and she is going to be indebted to me for forever! I have already wrangled for the next restaurant review. It will be my first ever, and you have NO idea how long I've dreamed of becoming a food critic. I think I've wanted to write opinion editorials and restaurant/food reviews since I was a young teenager. One down, the other on the horizon!

My big goal today is to really bump up my water intake. I never drink enough during the winter, plus it will help me get all this junk out of my system.

Sorry to post and run, but my eyes are starting to cross. I'll check back in later.

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 03:15 PM   #4  

Default Feeling inspired

Just reading the posts today has gotten me out of a slump, now I'm headed off to the treadmill and weight set. I am overwhelmed with work as usual but have decided to give it the air until I have done what is really important! This year MUST be different for me, what I have been doing in the past hasn't worked, and has made things worse. If I miss some home and office work today it will still be there tomorrow - and I can't say that about my health.

Skittles – I may be sorry I asked, and I don’t know you at all, but what the HEY were you doing between Superman’s legs?? What’s that all about?

Barbpa – Condolences on your loss, for some reason it’s worse to deal with around the holidays. Great idea about your adult club house!

Qadira – good job! Sounds like your journey is well on its way.

Hello to Everybody - Ruby
therubyslippers!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 04:30 PM   #5  

Terri-
When I talk to my mom tonight I will ask if she knows the Cope's!
Jibbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 05:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 318/ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone,

I want to join this group I am going to leave a bio but wanted to ask real quick, how do you guys get the scales in your sig lines ... or, I mean, at the bottoms of your posts?

thanks,
Cassie
Irishcoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 05:17 PM   #7  
Determined

Irish, just click on the scale in the sig line

Hey everyone, haven't done so well today.. being sick has made me sleep too much and eat too little.. but I'm looking forward to working out later tonight.

Welcome to all the new comers! I love how this group is growing, hopefully it will mean more motivation!

Be back later
cdtobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 06:51 PM   #8  
BELIEVE!

Hi Ladies -
I'm sitting here enjoying my special little place. I know I am going to cherish this time each day to be alone with my thoughts. It's going to be so good for the soul! It's been a difficult day, I've wanted so badly today to be with my mom - I know how much she is hurting over the loss of our friend. These are the times when living so far apart are extremely difficult.

I left work early to get to the post office. They close at 4:30 and I got there right at 4:30. The woman wouldn't let me mail my package. I was so upset - not because of her, but all of a sudden my emotions got the best of me and I had a good little cry on my drive home. Then I felt much stronger after getting the emotions out. When I got home I immediately changed into workout clothes and hit the treadmill for 25 minutes. Then some laundry and a light dinner. Now some time in my clubhouse and then I'll spend the rest of the evening with Jeff and our on-line friends playing Everquest. That's the game we play - have any of you heard of it? We have a good time playing with my nephew in FL, a dear friend in MN and several new on-line friends that we have gotten close to over the past year. It's a great break from day to day stress. I just have to make sure everything else is a priority over it because it can be slightly addicting.

Cassie - WELCOME! You have found a wonderful place for support, friendship and fun! I look forward to getting to know you.

Have a wonderful night my dear friends!
xoxoxo
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 08:27 PM   #9  

Barb-
I have never played Everquest...but I played Diablo II online a lot with DH before we were married. It was sooo addictive and I could play for hours! I had to quit because I wasted soooo much time on it!
Old 01-04-2005, 05:26 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 290/232/144

hi all , just a quick post have my ww meeting today i am thinking about my not weight in i just dont think i did very good this week might suprise my self just dont know oh well even if i gain i know that it is just a little set back and i am back on program and i am going to watch what i eat and i am going toget my a$$ in gear so maybe i will be a goal weight by this time next year 81 pounds is a lot to lose in one year but i think i can do it if i just work at it

Welcome to all the new comers this is a great place to be to get the support that you need!
memoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 07:19 AM   #11  

Mary-

81 pounds in a year is definately do-able!! Stick to your plan and you will be there before you know it!
Old 01-04-2005, 07:36 AM   #12  
You and Me in 2003

Today is back to work day
I spent all day yesterday with my son and his girlfriend.
Hopw all of you have a great day catch you later
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 07:53 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 325/

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Ladies and Tony

Well, I was going to weigh myself yesterday but have no clue where our scale is as we are packing and moving into our new house. So I will go with what I weighed the last time I weighed myself and use it as my starting point. There are so many new faces here and I haven't had a chance to say hello to everyone, and I still haven't had a chance to catch up and read all of the posts that I missed. It seems like that there have been some losses of loved ones, and to all of you who have my heartfelt condolences go out to you all. I am right there with you on the loss of someone this holiday season. Peace and love to you all.

Well, my wonderful husband wants to move the computer over to the new house today. I said "but we don't have a connection over there yet." He said "so" I said "ummm no." But then I realized that I do have a laptop, it will just be a bit slower. So, I will be losing my big machine today and will just be using the laptop to log on. Which means slower typing for me.

Ruby, It is ok that you don't know me yet. I am sarcastic, and have a great sense of humour and a dirty mind. So feel free to ask me anything you like.
Now, to answer your question; Superman is big, he was like 50 feet tall. So of course where is the best place to be, between his legs, just looking up to see how super he is.

BarbPa, glad to see you made a special place for yourself. I need to do that at the new house when we get everything in there. Hope your hunny feels better soon.

Well all, I have got to get ready for work. I hope to get some moving done today after work and I hope to get in some exercise. We are suppose to have snow tomorrow so we need to get a lot done today.

Love you all,
Skitt
Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 09:30 AM   #14  
Warrior of Grace

Good Morning all! It's so terribly wet here! It's been raining for days and it rained slowly and steadily all night! This clay 'soil' is NOT absorbent so the water just lays on top and makes a slippery, slimy, dangerous mess. So I won't be taking my walk today (first time in 6 weeks!) but will dance around in the house I guess. I feel so lost. Maybe I'll pull out an old aerobics tape... We moved to New Mexico from Oregon! It's not supposed to be this wet here! I guess the drought is over, so that's good...

Welcome Irishcoda! I had a dog named Coda (the musical term).

Hope everyone has a great (dry!) day!
Qadira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 09:36 AM   #15  
Falling, but fighting...

Default Weigh In

Hi all,

Just finally got online and wanted to post my challenge results.

I lost 9.5 or 4.5 pounds depending on what weight I take. The 9.5 was if you took my premenstrual/menstrual gain weight, and the other is just after menstrual. Either way, it was a nice loss.

I am ready for the next challenge (Snowflakes).

Susie
SusieH is offline   Reply With Quote