Old 12-29-2004, 06:42 PM   #16  
Christine

S/C/G: 340/328/150

Height: 5'4"

Talking Whoooo Ooohhhhhh

Hiya ladies and gent!!

Just a quick drive by posting...I went to Curves (5th time in 8 days... )...and I have lost another 2 lbs. since last Weds.!!!! I don't know HOW the heck I managed it, given that I have only been somewhat OP since I went on vacation last week... But, heck, I'll take the loss!! This means I managed to actually lose 5 lbs. during this holiday season!

Sorry for tooting my own horn, but I am very proud of the fact I have been so active. Besides the many workouts at Curves, I've been busy here, cleaning up, playing with the kids etc.

At any rate, need to run, lots of chores to do before DH and I sit down to watch a movie. Have a great evening everyone!

TTFN

eddies_heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 06:48 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hey Marcie, that is so cool that our relatives lived close to each other. Your mom might have picked berries at the farm that my uncle inherited when his mom passed away. The old farm house burned to the ground a couple of years ago. Then my uncle passed away last year from cancer. He was only 62. I feel like we're almost relatvies.

I just found your picture too. Gorgeous bride!! Quickly throw away the pizza coupon!

Susie - Sounds like good advice from Thin. I'm sorry to hear that the gyno news wasn't better. Good job for staying OP!

Chris!

to all else!

I need to get up and get to doing something. My neighbor Janet and I took the girls out for a ride so I need to move around before I stiffen up. Janet thinks we must go fast all the time. Tanyah took off like dynamite shot up her butt. I don't mind a canter but I'm not excited about dead run. My legs will probaby be a bit sore tomorrow.

Have a good night!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 07:49 PM   #18  

Ah thanks....profile vs. bio? hmmmm...guess I better figure that one out! hehehe

Way to go on that 2 lb loss Chris!! And 5 lbs during the holidays is awesome!!!
Jibbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 07:53 PM   #19  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! Just waiting for company to arrive so if I leave abruptly you'll know what happened.

Jana: Welcome to our little corner of the world. You're really in the frozen north. I don't think we've had anyone from Alaska stop in yet. Farthest up there we've gotten is Duckie. She was from Alberta, Canada, I think. Hmmmm, wonder whatever happened to her? Anyway, enough of my interrupted thoughts.... Glad to see you here. I hope you'll stop by often and get to know us and us, you. Congrats on your losses so far.

Marcie: Get rid of the coupon!

Chris: Congrats on the continued losses. I wish I could say the same, however, I have NOT been a good girl this holiday season. It appears that my "funk" has come with a price.

Terri: I used to love to "ride like the wind". The faster, the better. Ahhhh, those were the days! *she says nostalgicly*

2cute: Glad your daughter got home safely and more importantly....YOU GOT PRESENTS!!!

Ok, gotta run. Love ya bunches.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 08:39 PM   #20  
I'm on my way!

Just a quick hello!!

Marcie...you aren't too far from me! How far is Sanford from Wake Forest? I know I've seen the signs to Sanford somewhere near the beltline!

I'm on my way to bed, worked two long days then got out at 1 today and picked Andrew up and we played with some of his toys and games he got from Santa, I never realized how boring Hi Ho Cherry Oh really is! I use to play it when I was a little kid!!

OK catch you all on the weekend. We have more new furniture coming on Friday, a kitchen set and a new boxspring and mattress for our new bedroom set!

TTFN Michelle
MichelleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 10:19 PM   #21  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Just stopping by to read really quickly and then I'm going to get away from the computer! I've been working on a project for the last 6 hours, and just as I was thinking I had it about wrapped up, I realized I'm still short of halfway there. Guess I can't complain. I've only put in a few hours before today. Silly thing keeps growing is all, and the end is looking pretty far off in the distance. At least the pay is good, and I can sit in the room with the girls and interact with them somewhat. This is always a bonus!

I'm still not eating quite on plan, but that is because I'm still sicky. I stuck to brothy soups today and that is about it. It wasn't bad as far as food goes, just not my food plan, ya know? I did make sure to get in all my water, though.

One major frustration today that needs venting. I found ice cream cone wrappers in the trash today, and when I was asking Adam about them he told me that he had bought them for our oldest daughter. This is the same guy that has sabotaged me for years and has finally about given up. I guess he is turning to her instead. I know he doesn't do it on purpose, but he taunts her about her weight and what she eats one minute, then the next he is handing her candy or ice cream or french fries. She isn't thin, but I wouldn't call her totally fat either. The child needs to learn about eating a healthy diet and leading an active lifestyle. What she doesn't need is her daddy giving her conflicting messages all the time. Have I talked to him about this? Yes. Is he getting the message? No. I honestly don't know what to do any longer, but this is my daughter, and I am not willing to just throw up my hands and walk away. Aaarrrggghhh!

Enough of that

Jana, Welcome! It is always fun to have new people joining in, and we can always use fresh perspectives and ideas.

Chris, don't ever apologize for tooting your own horn! You are amazing, and you don't have to apologize one bit! BRAVO!!!

There are plenty of other replies to do, but my little one is crying like the world will end because corn is touching the mashed potatoes on her plate. Yeah, she is still sick. Putting the Dr. Mom hat back on!

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 07:22 AM   #22  

Michelle-
We just moved to NC in April and I have no idea where Wake Forest is. : ) Sanford is about 40 min SW of Raliegh....you just take US 1 and it runs smack into it.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:44 AM   #23  
Christine

Wink Good Morning!

Hiya everyone,

I just caught up with the latest posts. Hey, Marcie...my folks live in Cary, how far is Sanford from there? And I'm with 2Cute...what a gorgeous bride you were!!!

Hey all, a quick vent about one of my many pet peeves in life I went to Walmart yesterday to pick up a couple of things and OMG!! There were Walmart employees putting out all the VALENTINE'S day loot! Grrrrrr.....Christmas Day 2004 isn't even cold in it's grave and it's not even New Year's yet, but boy, those damn retailers can't wait to take the $$$ right out of our pockets for the next "holiday".

Well, anyway, hope everyone has a great day. I am trying to enjoy my last 2 days of vacation, back to school on Monday.

TTFN

Old 12-30-2004, 10:50 AM   #24  
Tilting at windmills

Chris: One would argue that it's not the act of putting out Valentine's Day merchandise early that's sinful, it's the insane clearances on the same merchandise later. 75-90% off good Valentine's chocolates...*drool* How can you resist?
fierum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 10:59 AM   #25  
Christine

Cool he he he

Never a truer word spoken!!!
Old 12-30-2004, 11:36 AM   #26  
Proud Coastie Wife

Good Morning!!! Tonight is weigh in for WW. I HATE weighing in at night. We usually meet Saturday mornings but had to switch for the Holidays. Anyway, I think I did pretty good this week staying OP! I really really need to make sure I am getting my water. I bought a Gazelle and I just love it!!! No more aching knees!

About my name.... One Tall Mama.. I am 6'2". But also Stand Proud!!! lol.

I am so happy to have found y'all. Well, I will be back later. Need to change the baby.
One Tall Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 12:09 PM   #27  
Progress..not perfection

Good morning all.....

I didn't want you guys to think I had desserted you or anything, we've just been pretty busy.

Saturday.... of course, was Christmas. I did make a post that evening, I think.

Sunday, me, dh, the boys and my brother and sil went to Cades Cove, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge and Cherokee, NC. and had a really nice time. I'll include a few pics below:

Here's some on the way to Cades Cove:

Here's some at Cades Cove:

For those of you that don't know, Cades Cove is located between Gatlinburg, TN. and Cherokee, NC. It is an 11 mile long one way drive through what can only be called... God's country. There's no telling what you might see. Wildlife runs free and the picture of the deer I took was right in front of my face. There are also old churches, log cabins, cemeteries and old barns that the settlers used, years and years ago. It is a wonderful drive.

I don't know how many of you may remember.... but I collect teddy bears. Well, Boyd's Bears to be exact. Pigeon Forge has a brand new Boyd Bear Country and it is HUGE! Four whole floors of nothing but bears. I was awe struck!! Here are just a few:

YES! They had a Nascar section too.... and you just know I was lovin' the Tony bears!!

This picture doesn't do the Christmas tree justice. It was absolutely huge..... starting at the bottom floor and reaching almost to the fourth. It was peppered with ornaments and tons of bears! Also, it was encircled with a huge hand carved teddy bear driving a sleigh led by carved reindeer - type bears. It was awesome!

This is the Boyd's Bear Nursery where babies are born everyday! You can go in, pick one out and name it. You and your "baby" will be given an id bracelet and certificate of birth. The "baby" is diapered, put in your chosen outfit and wrapped in a blanket. How cool is that?

This one was too cute. Dh was making some ..... ahem, purchases and I shot this one. Look at the sign over his head!

THESE are what came home with ME:

Then, what day trip would be complete without a trip to Cooters?!

Ya'll are fans of the Dukes of Hazzard, right?

Oh.... and luck of all luck, "Cletus" was actually there that day signing autographs, so we got a couple of shots of him and Trey in the General Lee:

Dh, with Daisy..... good luck, old man.

Here's a shot of the inside ice skating rink at Ober Gatlinburg and a few outside. Because we don't get much snow, this is actually man - made, but we didn't care. Snow is snow to us baby!!

The closer we got up the mountain though, there was actually some snow on the sides of the road, so of course... dh, the boys and my brother get out to have a mini snowball fight:

Ok... last but not least, this is a picture of the mountains as we were heading into Cherokee. Not too bad considering I took it out the window going 55 mph!

---------------------------------------------------------

Ok, that takes care of Sunday.

Mondy, I went over to granny's to visit with her and papaw for a little bit and then I went to the ob/gyn. YES, I went to the doctor, believe it or not.

The last time I saw an ob/gyn was in 1996. No, that was not a typo. I did say 1996. I am still having those monster TOM and they have been lasting anywhere from 18-20 days. I have to go back next Thursday and they are doing a fasting insulin test and an ultrasound. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Things have been really hectic around the house because dh has been there at night with me.... since he's been off for vacation. I have to tell you though, I really have liked it because I miss him now since he's on seconds. I sure hope I don't get spoiled.

I had to work Tuesday and Wednesday.... and yesterday I got a really bad call from my Mom.

She said that the hospice worker said that one of my papaw's lungs has completely colapsed and the other one is only at 50%. Because he is so weak and not even swallowing anymore, they have now stopped even trying to feed him. They are just going in once per hour and squirting 1cc of water in his mouth and swabbing it with a sponge. The hospice worker advised my granny to get his things in order *today* so my aunt and Mom are going to the funeral home to make the arrangements.

I went with my Mom and granny yesterday to J.C. Penney's and I picked out a beautiful shirt and tie for him. It just seems so unreal to be doing all these things. I just don't know how my granny .... or any of us will be able to get through this.

He was such a wonderful man. He was the only father I ever really had. He stepped in and loved me when he didn't have to. He's the only person in my life that has never hurt me emotionally or physically. He is truly one of God's angels. This world needs a few more men like him.

The hospice worker told my Mom that if he makes it through the weekend it will be a miracle.

For those of you that do.... please pray that my granny and whole family will be able to bear this amazing loss.

Thanks.
QueenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 01:38 PM   #28  
a work in progress...

Tina...thanks for the pictures, they were great! Hugs and prayers coming your way for Papaw.
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 02:05 PM   #29  
Falling, but fighting...

Tina: Prayers coming your way!

Happy Thursday Everyone!

Just another hour and I am off for four days! Yeah!!!!!

Today is day 4 OP and I got on the scale again and found that I have gained weight. How is that possible? I have exercised 3 days this week, drank all my water and stayed within my points, and still a GAIN!!!! Tomorrow is weigh in at WW, so I guess I will see what happens then.

I am so looking forward to this weekend. I don't plan to do much of anything, however, I do have to clean up my office/guest room and put away laundry. Other than that, I plan to do something that is long overdue..Relax....

Can someone tell me how to do the weight loss thingy at the bottom of just about everyone's post. I would like to try doing it too!

Well, just in case, I don't go on the internet over the next few days, let me just say.....HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Susie
SusieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 02:29 PM   #30  

Chris-
Cary is only about a 30 min drive from here. That is where we go to do most of our shopping! I really like that area, and wanted to live there, but I couldnt find the house I wanted with a big yard in my price range!

Tina-
Great pictures! Thanks for sharing!!