Old 12-25-2004, 06:19 PM   #16  
Walking by faith

Smile Merry Christmas ladies!

I haven't been here in a while, so I thought I'd just drop in and wish you all a Merry Christmas! Hope all of you are doing well.

2Cute: Did your daughter fly on US Air? Evidentally, thousands of US Air passengers have lost luggage due to weather probs and cancellations. I hope they find her luggage soon!

Have a blessed CHRIST-mas! :merry:

:snf:
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 09:56 PM   #17  
Inchworm

Thumbs up Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas!
It has been a great day of celebrating with family.
gmalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 11:36 PM   #18  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! We just got in from a whirlwind day. Mom here in the morning for breakfast and gifts. Then off to IL's for dinner at 4:00 and then gifts there afterwards. There are 17 of us. A real houseful!!! Only one little one. My grand nephew will be 3 in February. The next youngest is 17. We're all getting old.

Joanne: Good to see you. What have you been up to? Are you going to stick around awhile? We'd love to have you join us again.

Well, my dears, it has been a loooonnnngggg day. Off to be a "showgirl" in the morning so probably won't be around much. Love ya bunches.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 12:38 AM   #19  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile

Happy Holidays !!!!!
I just wrote this longgggg post and somehow LOST IT !!!!!! Grrrrr !!!!!

Which reminds me.... my daughters luggage is STILL LOST !!!!
One woman said she may NEVER get it back. She said there are
THOUSANDS
of lost luggage and she has no idea how long it will take to straighten out... if ever.

No it was not US AIR... It was NORTHWEST Airlines.
I would NOT recommend them at all !!!! They are still cancelling flights due to no employees. WHY schedule these flights if you don't have the employees to cover them. In the Tulsa terminal there is only ONE guy to handle HUNDREDS of UNHAPPY travelers. No one has a clue what is going on here or anywhere else with this airline. BAD NEWS

I wrote all about my day in the last post I wrote... but I am tired now so I am not going to repeat it...other than to say I ENJOYED my day and I have my granddaughters spending the night with us tonight. My daughter loves spoiling them and she is doing a very good job at it. LOL

So much I wrote about before. Wish I had to time to repeat.
I do want to AGAIN welcome the newcomer Marcie. You will love it here.

I have got to run. Everyone is in bed... and I am headed there. I am tired.

Glad to share I did lose 5 lbs during our Christmas Challenge ... BUT..
Sad to say... I probably gained them all back today.
But I did NOT bring home a single piece of pie, or cake, or sweet potatoes.
I left all the junk food with my skinny DIL. ... She can eat that stuff and not gain an ounce. I am happy to leave it...not only does it make me fat... it makes me feel blah too. I feel sooooo much better when NOT eating junk food. I will be back on program first thing Sunday morning. My mini goal is to lose any weight I gained today by 2x3 on Jan 3rd.

That will be my BIG VICTORY ... not gaining between Christmas and New years. That is the hardest time of the year to stay on program.
I have the mentality that I have to get everything IN before I can never eat it again on the 1st. I have to CHANGE that way of thinking. I do NOT have to get everything in. It is just another day.... a day to eat healthy and wise.

Gee.. It is a good thing I lost all that other stuff I wrote about. You would be here alllll day reading about me and my day. I want to tell you so much more... but just too tired.
Good night dear friends.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 12:40 AM   #20  
Progress..not perfection

Talking

Merry Christmas!! Although, technically... I think I'm late since it's 12:26am my time.

Work was ok today..... not too busy at all, which made me very happy. I mean, you're always going to have calls from hospitals because sickness knows no holiday, but other than that.... we didn't have too many morons calling. Believe it or not though... there was actually someone who called to see if her trash was going to be picked up (utility company) and when we advised her that they wouldn't be doing that on Christmas, she said, "Oh really.... it's Christmas?"

Kinda sad.

Also wanted to share a kind of "ick" moment with you. Our owner, who was too big of a scrooge to give us our measly bonus this year, (big $25 gift card to Wally World) decided that she would at least provide dinner to those of us who had to work today. Well... not exactly provide dinner, she just wrote us a $50 dollar check and told us to go pick up what we wanted. Well, my boss, who I love dearly... decided she didn't want to fool with it, so she gave the money to the second shift supervisor to have her buy the food.

GASP! Egads! What she was thinking, I'll never know. This person, Melissa... has the worst taste in the world. I could only imagine what we'd be eating.

And in my wildest imagination, I didn't think of this:

Mealy apple slices served with some type of apple dip
Veggie tray consisting of onions, carrots, red bell pepper and broccoli
NO DIP!!
Spriral ham
Rolls (hard as a brick)
Black and green olives
Sweet gerkins
Mayo and mustard (What the %$#@!)

Oh yeah... and something she made called "Dog Food" that I was scared to touch.

I told Kim if our owner gave us money next year, I would DEFINITELY do the shopping. Granted, I know we can't cook alot, but I would have got all the fixins for a nice salad, (salad greens, shredded cheese, bacon bits, various dressings and croutons, ham, green beans, corn on the cob, pasta salad, rolls with butter, cheesecake sampler platter or brownies with cream cheese frosting. We could have had such a nice dinner, but instead we had crap! Ewww. I had some ham and a roll and that was it.

After work, we went back over to my Mom's and had dinner and boy, did she make up for it. My Mom is an amazing cook. I ate a little more than I wanted to, but not too much, so all in all... I considered it a victory.

I probably won't get to hop in and see you guys tomorrow because my brother is coming over pretty early and we are going to Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg and over the Cherokee Mountain. I'm pretty excited about it.

Since he moved back from Florida we've been spending a lot of time together and really getting close.

I hope everyone here had an amazing Christmas!!

QueenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 07:41 AM   #21  

Good morning all and thanks for the warm welcomes!!! Today is day one and soo far so good....alhtough it is only 7:30 am. hehehehe Baby steps!
Jibbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 10:02 AM   #22  
You and Me in 2003

my son got engaged yesterday(oh boy)
Tina good to see you here. More later
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 11:28 AM   #23  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Cool! Three old, familiar faces and one new one. Marcie, welcome to our group! Joanne, Tina and Mary, good seeing you!

Whatever it was that I had on the 24th hit me again yesterday. I guess this is stage 2? Anyway, I'm feeling really lousy, and I've been up all night working. I just wanted to pop in and try to finish catching up on all the reading I missed. If I get feeling better, I'll come back later and tell you about our day.

Have a great post Christmas Day!

Andria

Last edited by qsilver; 12-26-2004 at 12:41 PM.
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 04:58 PM   #24  
I'm on my way!

Where da heck is everyone? Recuperating??

We just came back from spending another $1200 on furniture. We bought a new box spring and mattress for our bed and are going to put this one on the bed in the spare room. We never bought us a new one when we bought our bedroom set. Our set now isn't that old so we will use it for guests! We also bought a kitchen table. Its a 42" round oak pedestal table with 6 chairs. It has a leaf that makes the table a 60" oval. Now we can have company for dinner, well at least more than 2 people! It was on sale for $499 at Rooms to Go. They are delivering the stuff on Friday! So...I guess our tree and stuff will go down this week so we can put all the boxes away that are taking up the space in the spare room! We have some guest coming in Feburary (maybe) and my parents in the spring. It will be here before we know it, so I have to start cleaning up the room now!

So babble babble babble, seems thats all I do lately!

Tina...sounds like a yukky meal you all had at work! Some people just don't know how to do it up when it comes to food!

Mary congrats for you son! Do come back and give us the details! Glad to see you again!

Andria I had a sore, scratchy throat at the beginning of the week and now I feel like a stomach virus is trying to attack!
I dont' have time to be sick!!

Marcie...baby steps are the best way to start out!!

2Cute...would you like to adopt a 4 yr old grandson? I could fill him up with chocolate and m&ms and send him your way!!

Its so good to see new faces as well as old faces on here once again! I'm looking forward to sharing this journey with everyone in the new year so I hope you will all stick around for a long, long time!!

Gotta run for now and go paint with my youngun!
TTFN Michelle
MichelleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 06:01 PM   #25  
Hang In There

Here's one I just found, expect to see a lot of it next year!!!
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 08:59 PM   #26  
Hang In There

STOP!!!

Do not post here, Join us at # 621,

(Yes I know this is only post 25, but 2cute said I could do it!!!

ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote