Old 12-13-2004, 09:35 AM   #16  
Tilting at windmills

Hehe, thanks for the acknowledgement, Skittles. Sorry I've been quiet, but I'm in the second half of my test **** two-weeks Last test is on Wednesday, then fly to Vegas on Thursday morning for a much needed break.

I'll be back afterwards though
fierum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 09:41 AM   #17  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning!
Just popping in for a quick Hello! I have not yet watched Survivor, so I am going to avoid the thread today incase there is any mention of it. Jeff and I watched the EAGLES game and recorded Survivor. I am going to attempt to get through the day without finding out who won!
I'll talk to everyone after I see it tonight!
Have a great day!
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 10:04 AM   #18  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Remember me? I can sit here and tell y'all I've been busy...but y'all have been busy also I'm sure. Sorry I haven't been in here and I'm way behind on personals.

On a positive note, I lost 1.4 lbs. when I weighed in on Saturday at WW. I've stayed on program since I've rejoined--thank goodness for those extra 35 points! I'm getting more exercise in. I'm walking on the treadmill some and walking the mall also. I plan on stepping up the walking on the treadmill tonight since my grandkids won't be over. I have a lot of things planned to do tonight that will keep my mind off food which is always a good thing.

Now...for the bad news. I haven't sent out my Christmas cards and I feel badly about that but there's still time; however, about the pictures...hmmm...I can't find the negatives to the pictures I have of myself. I may just scan a picture and post it. Perhaps I'll buy a roll of film tonight and on Wednesday night have my daughter take pictures of me and I have them developed at the one-hour development lab at the grocery store on Friday evening while I food shop.

2cute, thanks for noticing that I haven't been in here! I'll try to do better--I agree with you--the group is only as strong as its posting members. And this is a great group!

Joyce, I still have wrapping to do, stockings to stuff (grandkids), cookies to bake, cards to send out. Does the list end?

kat, about the not posting or the little posting... :::sigh::: ...being a newbie or still feeling like a newbie I didn't know quite how to respond to the tension that was on the thread so I just sorta slowed down the posting to let things get back to normal also. BUT...things will get back to normal.

Thin, I've got decorations up in the house and outside the house but my Christmas tree is not up yet. I have to go back and read about your Vegas vacation (I assumed you posted how it all went).

BarbPa, I missed SURVIVOR last night! I forgot!!! I have no idea who won! Please tell me Twila did NOT win!

MaryB, you have done so well at losing weight! Definitely get yourself back to a WW meeting! Oh I hear ya on about hoping this is Sunday! But...its not...but I could use an extra day off from work that's for sure. Nice try!

Terri, I think thats a great idea about the group losing a total of 300 lbs. in 2005. I'm all for that!

Well...I have to do some work...I'm at work after all. I know I still have to do catch up...but I'll get there...everyone have a great OP morning.
GailR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 01:41 PM   #19  
Dancing those pounds away

So nice to come find so many faces returning.
It brightened my day.

Terri... I think a 2x3 sounds great for this next challenge ...
but I hope we return to the 2x2 after the first of the year.
I REALLY love the idea of our 300+ group LOSING 300+ lbs next year.
I am EXCITED about that goal.
Just the thought is a Motivation Monday for me.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 12-13-2004 at 01:45 PM.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 01:51 PM   #20  
Falling, but fighting...

Default Monday!

I need to vent. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for 13 months now and nothing!!!!! We are doing the deed every other day and still nothing. This is so frustrating and going to drive me insane!

I have an appointment for an ultrasound next week, and DH has an appointment for a semen analysis. Hopefully, someone can tell us something soon.

Food today is good. I have been OP and plan to stay on it today. Just need to get through one day at a time. I am also going to Ballys after work to do a little exercise. And yes I have had all my water today. Despite the stress of the above (and the TOM is here) I am going to stay OP today!!!!

Mailed out Christmas cards today, but unfortunately no pics are included. I just haven't been that together this year, but once I figure out how to do it, I will post digital pics.

Thanks again to everyone who registered for clubmom.

Susie

Join Clubmom for free. Discounts, freebies and more. Go to www.clubmom.com and type susiehallam in as the person who referred you.
SusieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 01:53 PM   #21  
You and Me in 2003

MERRY CHRISTMAS all
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 02:05 PM   #22  
Still trying!!!!

Default Where do i sign up?

It sounds good to me! Im not sure if i am doing this right. i ahve been reading the post but not sure on how to add, respond and participate. i did one earlier and no one responded, i think i didnt do it right. anyway, i'll join.
adiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 02:21 PM   #23  
Dancing those pounds away

YEA !!!! Mary/Grannie.... SO GOOD TO SEE YOU AGAIN !!!!
Merry Christmas to you too !!! It is a VERY Merry Christmas having you back !!!

Adiaz... WELCOME !!! It is so nice to meet you. I have not seen you post before so please know that noone was ignoring you. We are sooo happy to have you join us. It takes time to learn how all this internet stuff works. Hang in there... before long you will be an ole pro at it.

I wish I had time to write more ... I was suppose to be off of here longggg ago.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 02:45 PM   #24  
a work in progress...

Hey! Mary!!!! Good to 'see' you! Where've you been, chickie?

I just joined clubmom, Susie! I'll have to go back later and check out all that they have to offer. Looks interesting, thanks!

Re: Survivor...I haven't watched the whole thing yet either, but I do know who won. Hmm, who'd a thunk it, after the first episode? I have to say, the entire final four was definitely NOT who I would have predicted, that's for sure! Not Survivor's best season, but it did get better towards the end. Boy, I forgot just how many cute guys there were in the beginning!

Barb, My hubby wanted to go to bed early last night, but NO! The Eagles would not let him! He was wishing for a blow out, like last week, but they gave him a nail biter instead! He's paying today, since he had to go in early...up at 4:30, work til 6! Poor guy. He couldn't TiVo it because we already had two things being recorded... I think this will be their year, don't you?

Leanne, Hang in there with the thesis, girl!

Whoa, look at the time! I've got some packing to do! And cleaning. It never ends...

Welcome, adiaz! You popped in while I was blathering away. Good luck to you!

gotta run................
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 04:06 PM   #25  
Leanne

Hi guys and gals ...
Thanks for the encouragement when I was so down - I think I'm still as stressed as I was before, but at least I'm not as negative.
Yesterday I managed to get 4 out of 4 on the challenge - plus I spent four hours rearranging my house so that now my computer is in my bedroom and I can write my thesis in peace. Before it was in a corner of the loungeroom, and everytime the kids were home they were listening to music and watching tv and writing my thesis was just an impossibility. And from the end of last week, my twins are home from school (Year 10 finishes the year early) and so I had done practically nothing on my thesis for days. Stress levels rising ...
Anyway now my Yamaha keyboard is in the loungeroom where my desk/computer used to be, and my bedroom is rearranged and has the computer here, which means I can spread my notes all over my bed, AND shut the door when the kids are getting noisy and keep writing (my due date is 24th Dec).
Anyway, yesterday I went back to the pool (2nd day in a row) and spent over an hour doing deep water walking .... my thighs are feeling it! Today I'm back there again and I'm going to try to do it every day this week.
I don't have time to answer everyone at the moment, and I'm sorry I haven't been posting much.

Terri I think the 2 x 3 challenge is a good idea. I can't weigh in at the dietician on Christmas, and my scales won't weigh me YET, so this will give me the opportunity to be part of it. And the 300+ challenge is a GREAT idea!

GailR congrats on your loss! I'm going to try to see the dietician today or tomorrow and see what the damage is from the last two weeks

BarbG I hope your really busy week goes well for you!
hippygoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 05:17 PM   #26  
Hang In There

Susie, BarbPA or I would be glad to print a few "classic" pics of you if you'd like?
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 05:42 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 290/232/144

hi all , the day wasnt as bad as i thought it would be i am still waiting for my dh to get home for work should be here anytime now we had snow showers all day today i just cant wait for my ww meeting on tuesday i feel like i have been missing something all week i went for 2 meeting a week to missing 2 weeks in a row just not happy hope my meeting will help give me some motivation .
adiaz...welcome i am a newbee her also i have just started here
memoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 07:47 PM   #28  
Tilting at windmills

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieH
I need to vent. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for 13 months now and nothing!!!!! We are doing the deed every other day and still nothing. This is so frustrating and going to drive me insane!
Hey Susie, from what I understand, it can be actually detrimental to your efforts to "do the deed" that often; you're actually lowering the sperm count per attempt because there hasn't been time for them to repopulate yet. Probably the best first-line way to try is to monitor your cycle and starting your attempts about 24-48 hours before ovulation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieH
I have an appointment for an ultrasound next week, and DH has an appointment for a semen analysis. Hopefully, someone can tell us something soon.
Here's hoping everything's fine and it's just been a run of bad luck
Old 12-13-2004, 08:13 PM   #29  
Tilting at windmills

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrinabgood
Didn't weigh in this week due to <close your eyes, Tony> TOM.
You know, it took Andria mentioning it to me for me to realize you didn't mean Tom, like a personal name. *laugh*

I'll just be over here -------->, studying.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:34 PM   #30  

Don't Post Here. Follow us to "300+ And Ready To Try Again.....#614".

See you there!
Angela_aka_Alice is offline   Reply With Quote