Old 12-03-2004, 10:14 AM   #16  
Dancing those pounds away

Barbg... {{{ HUGS }}} Your post is exactly what I needed to read. Thank you sooo much for posting it. {{{ HUGS }}}
And yes I love your little Santa's helper.
I think you were a MAJOR Santa's helper in that last post. I will make a note to Santa how much you helped today.

Lucky... hope you are staying warm.

Kat... didn't Scarlett also say... "Oh well... tomorrows another day" or something like that. As Santa's helper I must tell Scarlett... TODAY IS THE DAY !!!

Skittles... so good to see you again. Packing and cleaning is a good workout... but like you said... I think our bodies need more.

Okay... I am off to check out the Christmas Challenge thread.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 10:19 AM   #17  
Michigan Old-Timer

Morning all! Just stopping in quickly before heading out to work. I have a couple of bank jobs to do, a lunch at a soup place, and a "showgirl" job that has to be done sometime today or tomorrow. I figured I'd try to do it today so that tomorrow we can focus on Christmas trees and such. Since we're leaving Tuesday for Vegas, I guess I better get moving on the decorating. I've been informed, and I guess I realize too, that the new kitchen table we got last year takes up too much space and I won't be able to do my Star Trek tree this year. I really don't have anywhere else to put it so I guess I'll be short a tree this year.

Leanne: You are one busy chickie! I don't know how you manage it all. You and Michelle, going to school, working, raising a family. That's a plateful!!!

Barbg: I don't use a web hosting site so I guess I'm stuck not doing pictures. I can really appreciate your soapbox topic. I'm really feeling it since I turned 50. My fat is catching up with me. I prided myself on never having high blood pressure, high cholestrol, or sugar. But now that I'm 50, I've acquired all 3!!! My aches and pains have grown substantially. I hate getting old and how it has all caught up with me. * Maybe if you decide you like the pilates Proformer, you'll decide instead of paying $20 a session, you'll want to buy a machine. My "evil" machine is very similar to the Proformer and it ran me about $400 on QVC. It wouldn't take long at $20 a session to have one paid for. Just a thought.

Lucky: I have to tell you that I was very BOLD when it came to searching for this Dr. I had not been to one in years. I was looking for a woman for a change. I called offices and asked if the Dr. or office staff had any aversion to treating BIG people. Then when I went in for my first appointment, I told her flat out: "I really don't want you to harp about my weight. I'm on WW. I'm working on it. I'm here for you to treat what ails me." She was great! She kinda looked at me surprised, but she was fine with it, understood and we've gone on from there. I like that she is supportive. There are some short-comings with her however, but I sort of overlook those because I tend to self diagnois myself and am more than willing to ask lots of questions and take a front row seat to my treatment.

Kerri: I'm glad everything is going well with you. About the only time MY family gets beef anymore is when we go out to eat. I eat fish, they get there beef fix in. The 2X2 is the challenges that Terri started. 2 pounds in 2 weeks. The last one started on Monday, November 29th.

2cute: It breaks my heart that you weren't able to see your grandson at his concert. I wouldn't have been able to stand that long either. I'll have to post an article that I found recently about the relationship between sleep and weightloss. We BOTH need that one!!!!!

Katrina: Did you get enough sleep? What are you going to do with all your days off?

Skittles: Survivor! Once again, there was a shake up! I love that they kicked Ami. I couldn't stand her!!! She thought she was all that and a slice of cheese! YIKES! I'm sure Julie isn't feeling too comfortable right about now. I'd love to see Chris or Twila win. The only reason Scout is still around is because they can vote her off anytime. She'll never win an immunity challenge. I'm not really sure why they picked her to play in the first place. Or why the heck she would WANT to be in it. She had to know how physical the whole thing would be. Maybe she thought she would get voted off real early and have a free vacation on some tropical isle while the rest of the survivors suffered!

Tony: Glad to see you back! But "irrational things" that are said about your gender??? Come on now? Do you REALLY think they're all "irrational"? Now before you get upset, you need to realize that this is just some of the ribbing you will have to take being the token male in the group! [[[hugs]]]

BarbPA: Glad you came and checked in. If you're like me, when hubby's gone it's like there's a piece of you missing. I'm glad he's coming home for you tonight. Jump back on the weightloss bandwagon. Keep your eye on the prize. 20 pounds now by the end of January is a good chunk, but you can still get a considerable amount dropped by then if you set your heart to it. I have everything crossed that this time will be the charm. [[[hugs]]]

Well my dears, I'm headed out. Need to work. I'm supposed to call the witch that hit my car this morning to find out where to meet her for my deductible money. We'll see if she is really going to come through or not.

You all have a great day. I think when I'm out at the theatre doing my job, I'll stay and watch the movie. I have a trailer check to do for Closer. I think it has Jude Law and Julia Roberts. It didn't look like something Honey would be interested in seeing so maybe I'll stay and see what it's all about.

Love ya bunches!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 10:24 AM   #18  
Tilting at windmills

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinthinker
Tony: Glad to see you back! But "irrational things" that are said about your gender??? Come on now? Do you REALLY think they're all "irrational"? Now before you get upset, you need to realize that this is just some of the ribbing you will have to take being the token male in the group! [[[hugs]]]
Hehe, it's ok. I'm used to being a token (token Asian, token Buddhist, etc, etc). I'll just chalk it up to Affirmative Action

Actually, I didn't mean that the things being said were irrational, I actually was talking about the actual attributes of generalized maleness that were irrational For instance, I could never explain why some guys are intimidated by smart women, because I don't understand the reasoning, myself

Last edited by fierum; 12-03-2004 at 10:28 AM.
fierum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 11:07 AM   #19  
Dancing those pounds away

WOW... I am sooo glad I checked back in here before getting off line. I had no idea that BarbPA and Tony both posted while I was writing my last post. I came back and saw Thin's reply to both of them and thought "What is she repling to. They haven't posted" So dense me went back and saw we all were posting at the same time. I guess it is true... great minds think alike.

Tony... I am glad you did not let me scare you off. WELCOME !! I hope you will give me a second chance. That was my evil twin posting before. As you can see for yourself this is a very loving and forgiving group.

BarbPA ... There is nothing we can do about the past. Even God himself can not change the past... but we can change our todays and future. Feeling disappointed in yourself is natural. But there is a time limit on that. You time is UP. LOL
Now it is time to move FORWARD !!!

Thin... I am sorry to hear you will be one tree short. You inspired me to put up two trees this year myself. I found a really nice one at a garage sale that is about half the size of our regular one. I am pretty picky about the big one.... but I wanted my grandkids to be able to decorate a tree at grandmas... so the second tree is ALL theirs. I have great plans each year to have them come over and make another ornament for it.

Now hopefully I didn't take so long to write this that more snuck in on me. LOL
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 11:44 AM   #20  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Just checking in quickly. Work is...work. Horrible work. Ugh! Anyway, I'm on program.

I'll check in and stay longer as soon as I can.
GailR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 12:50 PM   #21  
Determined

Hey everyone I don't really have any time to be stopping in, but i missed all of you! So I wanted to stop by and just hope you are all doing wonderfully.

I've missed a day or two of water/exercise/etc.. I'm not *blaming* my exams, but I know it is because of them. I really really really need to study like crazy and do well this semester.. but once my exams are over (Wednesday night) Everything should be awesome! I'll have work one or two more days but then I'll have until January off for tons of working out and doing really well.

Well I better jump back to studying. I just want you all know that I'm peeking in when I can but just shouldnt take the time to post :P so I cant. Love you all! Keep up the great work!
cdtobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 01:51 PM   #22  

Thumbs up

ROLL CALL (2x2)
Thin
Joyce
Terri
Barbg
Kat
2Cute
Michelle
Gail
Andria
Leanne
Skittles
Lucky

Tony, you have no idea what you are getting into offering to listed to medical questions.

Buddist, I have always wanted to be one but am not disiplined enough. I have many of the Dali Lama's books and of course admire Richerd Gere and Tina Turner !! As with my weight loss, I don't require enough of myself.

Okay, lunch is over...later
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 01:54 PM   #23  
Tilting at windmills

2cute: No blood, no foul. I'm sorry for my part in the whole misunderstanding, but since that's resolved now, there's no point in dwelling on it, is there?

cd: I know what you mean about exams making you miss workouts; I rarely manage to get in a workout during the week of block exams that I have. Then, afterwards, it gets so hard to motivate again because you haven't done it for the week, and not working out is sooo much easier...

That and it's bloody cold here. Most of my exercise is now weights and the DDR pad, all done within the confines of my nice warm apartment

Now I have to head off to study, myself. Blah
Old 12-03-2004, 03:35 PM   #24  
Christine

S/C/G: 340/328/150

Height: 5'4"

Talking Tonyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

Hiya everyone....

Hehe...I can't just say "hiya ladies" anymore, can I??? I mean, it would sound really stupid for me to say "hiya ladies and Tony"...

At any rate...I am just so darned pleased you are with us, Tony! We are a bunch of wild and crazy women, but just so darned supportive and close, we ARE just like a family. Glad to have ya!

Okay, better late than never...add me to the Christmas challenge roll call. Guess I can't avoid it forever.

Had a very good week overall...lost a pound since Monday so guess that's good. Water is always easy for me and food has been okay. Exercise, not so good. I went to Curves on Wednesday, but haven't found any time since. I plan to get up tomorrow and go b-4 DH heads to work at 10:15 am.

Well, guess that's it for now. Y'all have a great afternoon. I'll be back later. I think I'm taking the kidlet Christmas shopping.

TTFN

eddies_heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 08:45 PM   #25  
Hang In There

Boy, am I mad at myself. Mom,Sis,Niece & I went to lunch today, and sis order a "log" of onionrings with dipping sauce. I ate some of them. everything else I ate was totally OP, and when niece Lara ordered a brownie skillet sunday and they brought four spoons, I didn't even taste it. Later in the day I got to thinking how I would have to mark my Santa with a Naughty for food today, My first Naughty! So what did I do? Stopped at Captian D's and bought fried fish for supper!!!

Yes, I know that's what's called sabatoge, or however you spell it! I was on such a motivational high, and all of a sudden I hit bottom again, Well that's means there's nowhere else to go except UP!

ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 09:40 PM   #26  
Tilting at windmills

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLadyBug
Tony, you have no idea what you are getting into offering to listed to medical questions.

Buddist, I have always wanted to be one but am not disiplined enough. I have many of the Dali Lama's books and of course admire Richerd Gere and Tina Turner !! As with my weight loss, I don't require enough of myself.

Okay, lunch is over...later
Eep, you must have posted right before I did, I didn't see this until now.

I love listening to medical questions, actually...more often than not, the research I have to do for them teaches me far more effectively than sitting in dull lectures. I suppose I learn best by challenge and resolution

I was born Buddhist, so it's not a big deal to me. I did, however, come to terms with it and accept it for myself later in life (early 20's or so My feelings are echoed pretty well in that movie, Dogma...it really doesn't matter what you have faith in, just that you have faith
Old 12-03-2004, 10:25 PM   #27  

Smile

Tony, I love
Quote:
it really doesn't matter what you have faith in, just that you have faith
I am keeping that with me.

I have always been drawn to that peaceful, glowing from within "look". I have dabbled at trying to attain it, but so far have a long way to go. At least I keep trying. I got a little deterred when I read in one of his books how the Dali Lama was in a cell with a mouse or rat (does it matter which ) and let it be his friendly cell mate!!!! I just don't know if I could ever get to that place!!!

Work was busy today and tonight I boxed up my "shipping" presents so I can take them to the post office tomorrow morning. I am glad it's done but am tired now.

Later,
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 07:52 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 290/232/144

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cute2Bfat
How about Jennifer, DGrizzle, ljd1223, Skittles, and our new Memoe. ??
I am sure I missing someone. Please come and post again.
I am sorry that i have not been posting i have been trying to keep up with the posts thought i drive school bus and have to get my 15 year old dd out of the house by 6:30 am . when school first started it was no problelm well now she just dont want to get going i call her at 5:30.,5:45, 6:00 and then i get oh by the way mom i need a shower yet , then at 6:25 she is just getting out of the shower and I leave by 6:30 some how she managed to get dressed and in the car before i left or she would have had to ride another bus to school !!!!
Sorry to vent ....it just came out

DH is still sick going on 2 weeks with a cough that wakes us up at night during the day it isnt too bad just at night i am going to walmart today to see what kind of med. i can get that might help brake up the congestion .

As for my self i am doing better i lost 1 pound at my last wi on tue, and went with my dd to her ww meeting on thursday and she was down 4 . it is so hard for the kids to lose weight with the "crap" that is avalible in school to eat . and she wont take her lunch . but i guess she is doing ok she lost .

2cute i got my christmas challenge in the mail yesterday the card is great . 1 question is the exercise for 20 min everyday or how often is it ?

have a great O P Day i think i am going to do some christmas shopping i have been putting it off and dont have much done Ugh ! i should never wait till the last minute. but it is so hard to know what to get everyone anymore because people around me just goes out and buys what everythey want so there is nothing left to get them but may be some thing that i cant afford !!!!
memoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 09:13 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 325/

Height: 5'8"

Default Hello Beautiful People!!

Quote:

Hehe...I can't just say "hiya ladies" anymore, can I??? I mean, it would sound really stupid for me to say "hiya ladies and Tony"...
This is soo true, I have to change mine too The thing is we don't know how many men are lurking out there now as we speak.

Quote:
Hehe, it's ok. I'm used to being a token (token Asian, token Buddhist, etc, etc). I'll just chalk it up to Affirmative Action
Oh, I could run with this, but since you don't know me and my humour well enough yet, I am going to keep my big mouth shut. Ok, except for the smile, I will open it enough for that.

On a lighter note though. I admire you for being Buddhist and sticking with it. I myself relate to "Dogma" very well (along with all of Kevin Smith's work). I was raised Catholic and have tried many different religions. I have found that I like something about all of them, but I also dislike some things, so I am now not a religious but a spiritual person. I don't like being categorized in a certain belief system, because I do not believe wholly in a single belief. I like to learn from others, and others experiences. So, I may be tempted to ask you a few about Buddhism.

Quote:
I got a little deterred when I read in one of his books how the Dali Lama was in a cell with a mouse or rat (does it matter which ) and let it be his friendly cell mate!!!! I just don't know if I could ever get to that place!!!

Come on over to my place, I'm sure Yassie or My Precious would love to sit with you. They just love to give kisses and nibble my earrings. I am most definitely at peace with my rats. Now, I just have to get my dog, horse, pig, goat, rabbit, swan, lizzard, palar bear, dolphin, tiger, elephant, penguin and dragon, and I will be good. But more likely I will be on the other side, cause all of that is not happening here.

Quote:
As most of you know, in addition to my struggles with weight loss, DH and I are dealing with infertility issues and desperately hoping and praying to start a family. DH is having surgery again 2 weeks from today to have sperm extracted via a testicular biopsy. I am started to get very anxious and nervous about starting things back up. Assuming his procedure goes well, I will start on the injections for IVF at the end of January.
BarbPa, you know I think and pray for you all the time. I can understand your situation since I was/am going through the same thing. But I have to say this, being the person that I am and my experiences in my life.
First on a spiritual level, I believe that before we come into this world we write up our charts and what we are going to experience down here. We talke on so many issues that we want to explore and learn about. We make contracts with other souls on the other side for how we will affect each others lives. I know that this is a hard experience for you, but there will be something good that will eventually come out of it. So I pray that what you desire, you receive.
Second, on a more personal level. The soul that you made an agreement with to be your child, might not incarnate inside of you. That soul might have made an agreement with another, to incarnate in them so that they could experience the loss of a child. I have to say, being given away more than once in my life as a child, that there are plenty of souls out there who want and need to experience the love of a parent that might not be their biological giver. I realize that you desire your own child. I know how much I desired my own child, but then again, I know how much I desired my own parents as well. Biology does not love and family make.
I wish you luck on your journey and pray that you get everything out of this experience that is good and makes you and your hubby happy. <<Hugs>>

Quote:
Once again, there was a shake up! I love that they kicked Ami. I couldn't stand her!!! She thought she was all that and a slice of cheese! YIKES! I'm sure Julie isn't feeling too comfortable right about now. I'd love to see Chris or Twila win. The only reason Scout is still around is because they can vote her off anytime. She'll never win an immunity challenge. I'm not really sure why they picked her to play in the first place.
My husband and I so want to be on Survivor, If I lose enough weight I am going to try for it. I am glad that they got rid of Ami, she was trouble and had a big, I'm better than you attitude. They are all over Twilla for swearing on her son, it's a game. Remember Johnny Fairplay's Grandma? He had that planned from before the game started. I just have this sneaky feeling about Scout though.

Well, everyone, I feel like I have written a book here. I love you all, but I must go work on my quilt.

Peace, Love & Light to all of you.

Skitt

Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2004, 09:45 AM   #30  
a work in progress...

Well, I had a big long post written and *poof* now it's gone. sigh. I can't go back to re create it...took too long. DAMN! It was good too!

I'll be back later...

<exit, weeping softly...>
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote