Old 11-14-2004, 09:16 AM   #1  
I'm on my way!

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again....#596

COME JOIN US!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
Old 11-14-2004, 09:20 AM   #2  
I'm on my way!

OK I started a fresh thread...new day...new beginnings...whatever it is we need to keep on trucking through the day!!

I'll be back!
Michelle
MichelleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 09:34 AM   #3  
BELIEVE!

Hey Gals!
Darn it - I was laying in bed about 1am and realized I hadn't had a chance to check in or post yesterday. Jeff and I just got busy running errands and doing stuff around the house. We tried to do some upgrades to my computer and that just went from bad to worse so we took everything out and started over again. We are headed back to the store when they open. We got fun, new cell phones yesterday it was such a deal and we both now have color, camera phones. What I love is that the new headset that came with it works great and my mom can hear me. Since I have a hour + drive to and from work I do a lot of my talking in the car - every Thursday is "mom" day when her and I catch up. Well, mom has hearing problems and could never hear me on my old headset. Now she can! Boy, that was a lot of talking about nothing - sorry. I am just typing away. LOL

Barbg, 2Cute and Michelle - Thank you for your posts on the weigh-in thread. I posted back there. 2cute - I'm glad you didn't delete it. Those were your thoughts and you took the time to type them out - you shouldn't feel like you need to get rid of them. I love and appreciate everyone's support and opinions. I just had a rather frustrating day! I am much better now!

Lucky - Are you having skin probs? I am right there with you. I am itchy all over. Went to the dermo. on Thurs. and he said it's probably a combo of the weather change and swimming at the Y. It's miserable to be all itchy. As for you little bitty neice - I'll be happy to send a few pounds her way! It true -- everyone has their own battles, they just aren't always as visable as ours.

Gail - I don't think I have said it yet, so... WELCOME! This is a wonderful group of gals --- as you have already found out!

Michelle - It sounds like the move was great for you! I am so happy to have you back more often. I just smile everything I see your little reading dog. You are doing so well taking care of yourself and regaining focus! And, I LOVE your confidence!!!!

Kat - Excellent on all the walking while your son is in his activities! I'm right there with you on your Suvivor recap!

Terri - I am happy to hear that with the changes at the barn your girls still have a place to call home. I hope it continues to go smoothly. I had the same thoughts - Sarge!?!?! What happened there!?!?!

Hippy - I am so sorry for the difficult time you had at the pool yesterday! I started going to the pool several months ago and had many of the same fears - although thankfully not the rude kids. It's difficult to be at the gym or pool (or anywhere) with buff, skinny people who you feel are going to be critical. Just remember - you are there to better yourself and you are taking care of your health! And basically ---- Screw them if they are going to be critical of you! I know that wasn't very nice, but I have been working so hard lately to look past shallow people! STAY STRONG!!!

Barbg - All your little graphics are so cheerful and so much fun. I've been stealing some of the "Barbara" ones since we that in common.

CD - I am pretty much with you on the 7 day workouts. I don't try to get in structed exercise 7 days a week. If I expect to do it I am setting myself up for failure. I know that with my work schedule it's nearly impossible. That doesn't mean I intentionally turn into a bump on the couch if I am not exercising, but it may mean trying to walk more at work, take the stairs, do 5 minutes on the bike instead of 20, just depending on how my day goes. I try to get 4-5 days a week of good, solid exercise! That is a reasonable goal for me. Everyone is different and has to figure out what works for them. You are sounding very motivated! Good for you!

Andria - How long are you going to be confined to bed? Thank goodness for the laptop and wireless connection! Very interesting on the protein. Never knew that.

Sandy - Snow?! I hope it holds of a little longer for us. I just want to enjoy some of the cool, sunny weather before the white stuff. Even though I do love the first snow of the year - always makes me feel good.
It's great to have you back!

Skittles - Gosh! I can't believe it's nearly Turkey time! I have no idea what we are doing for Thanksgiving. Since it's just DH and me we usually go out of town. This year we were planning on going to DC, but now we are thinking of just a quiet holiday at home.

Phew ---- Ok, I am going to get started on my day. Sorry if I missed anyone! You know I love you all!

Have a great day!
xoxoxox
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 09:36 AM   #4  
BELIEVE!

Michelle - We were posting at the same time. Thanks for starting the new thread - I didn't even pay attention to the numbers. I posted after you started the new one, but I moved it on over here!
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 12:36 PM   #5  
Christine

S/C/G: 340/328/150

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy Oi

Hi everyone,

I've read all the posts, sorry for being a lurker. It definitely hasn't been one of my better weekends. I wish to heck my Paxil would start kicking in. It's been a month but my Doc said that weaning off the Celexa and starting right up on Paxil would mess with me, so not to expect the Paxil to really begin helping for 6 weeks or so. I basically told DH last night that I can't stand his working weekends anymore. I work full time then am a single mom on the weekends. Jenniah rarely has us together. Between that and the fact that we can't find any kind of affordable housing anywhere and are still stuck in this 2 bedroom apartment...whine, whine, whine. Sorry ladies. At any rate, food yesterday was...well, let's just say I fell so far off the wagon that I'll have to run for a month to catch up to it to jump back on! However, picked myself right back up today. Lots of water and have eaten OP so far. Back to work and Curves afterwards tomorrow. DH and my 4 year anniversary is tomorrow and his b-day is next Friday. We are going out to dinner Friday night. OMG...a date night! Whoo OOhhhhhh!!!

Guess I'll go for now. Need to play with little one and read stories before her nap. Take care and have a great day.

TTFN

eddies_heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 12:56 PM   #6  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Gosh, y'all are a chatty bunch! I go away for a couple of hours and a new thread has started!

There is so much motivation and so much excitement to lose weight here! I actually got the vacuum cleaner out and sucked up all the dust off my treadmill. Yes, I had to vacuum the dust instead of wiping it off--it was that thick!! I plan on walking in a little bit--I'm waiting for my walking outfit to wash and then I'll put it in the dryer and then I'm goin' for a walk...in my bedroom! I also dug out my WW points bracelet and have that on my wrist now.

I've gotta thank you again, Michelle for inviting me here! Lord love ya', you have no idea what a gift you gave me! But then again...I bet you do! Everyone is so warm and friendly here! Thank you thank you!

BarbPa, your phones sound like they're going to be a lot of fun. That's great you found a headset that your Mom can hear you on. We all have frustrating days trying to stay on program. Some days are easier and some days are...well...just a you-know-what!!! Hang in there!

Chris, I belong to CURVES also! I plan on going back and exercising there starting on Tuesday. I can go straight from work, stop there for the 30 minute workout and proceed on to home! Its very conveniet for me--I have no excuses!

I'm hungry. I'm going to nuke a Lean Cuisine Three Meat Pizza...
GailR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 01:34 PM   #7  
Lisa

Talking

Hello ladies - wow, I was looking back and I've missed A LOT! I've been so crazy busy lately, there's times when I don't get a chance to check my email for days! But, the play is next weekend, and after that, there won't be any more running. That is, until Jan/Feb when they start rehearsals for the Spring production (Oklahoma!). Ah, the life of a mom.

Food, water exercise have all had their ups and downs. Yesterday DH & I went to a dinner theatre in the cities. It was fun and so nice to get away without the kids. Of course we had wonderful food. Turtle Cheescake! Then, to top it off he had to stop at Cold Stone Creamery on the way home, so, I'm sure I had enough calories that I shouldn't eat for a week!

I'm not going to try to catch up on everything now. Just wanted to pop in and let you know that I haven't forgotten 'bout y'all. Hi to all the new comers that I've missed.

Love & Hugs!
ljs1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 01:52 PM   #8  

Hi girls, thought I would pop in and read this afternoon. I just got done folding a few loads of laundry and watching the last half of "My Girl" OMG I like a baby every single time I watch it.

I helped DH clean part of the cellar, but am baulking at going down anymore. I have cleaned it several times myself!! I also clean the rest of the house myself with no help from him...so, I figure he can do it!!

Barbpa: I keep meaning to ask where it is you go and find all those cute little cartoons? They are just great. They add so much to the post. I love seeing what will be next.

Last edited by peekabooangel; 11-14-2004 at 02:51 PM.
peekabooangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 01:56 PM   #9  
Hang In There

Next week is going to be a challenge for me!!! Tomorrow I am in charge of a dinner for a funeral for a lady at our church. I've got 6 desserts comming, not counting the fried chicken, potato dishes and veggies. I'll have to stay so busy serving that I don't get a chance to eat. Then Friday night is Bunco, and Saturday night a cater dinner at the church. Temptations, temptations, temptations.

I mentioned this in the infamous Weigh-In thread (yes 2cute, way to late to delete it!) but I bought a new book yesterday. It's called WEIGHT LOSS KIT for DUMMIES!!! It's supposed to go back to the basics, so maybe that is what I need. Maybe I think I already know all there is to know about loosing weight, so I'm overlooking something important! (Eddies Heart I'm like that about bowling too. I KNOW how to bowl a 300 game, but can I actually do it? Not hardly)

Well it's Sunday afternoon and I need my nap to make it throught the week, I'll check in later. Don't forget the turkey's watching.
Here's another one for you BarbPA
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 02:10 PM   #10  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Everytime I see that turkey peeking out from his hiding place I chuckle out loud, BarbPA. It certainly sounds like you have some challenging food days ahead of you. I think I saw that book you're talking about. Let us know if its any good...or at least makes you laugh. Those "dummies" books are usually good.

I love that movie Sandy! I haven't watched that one in a very long time. I've got laundry going also.
GailR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 03:09 PM   #11  
I'm on my way!

Wow its great to see so many of you out and posting! I have something to read now instead of hanging out in the kitchen looking at food! I did make a great lunch today. I picked up these sesame seeded hamburger buns and they are huge and they are only 2 pts per BUN, yep..thats what it says! Per bun! I couldn't believe it! I got my fix of carbs, but anyways, I cooked a 92% ff fresh hamburger patty in a drizzle of steak sauce in a nonstick skillet with salt and pepper and a couple of sliced mushrooms, while that was cooking I sliced a tomato and onion and got the romaine lettuce leaves out and put that on the 2 pt bun with a squirt of ketchup and mustard. The whole burger was 6 pts and sooo filling, but I still had some of those light BBQ lays chips and an ice cream cup for a total of 9 points. I had only used 6 pts at breakfast so I used 15 for the day so far and still have 17 pts left for the day. We are having shrimp tonight since I bought it for shrimp cocktail tonight and my sister is sick so they arent' coming for dinner. I had thawed the shrimp in the fridge yesterday. But shrimp and rice with fresh green beans will be a nice dinner tonight! And low point!

Well, it sounds like everyone is still motivated and have gotten their frustrations out of the way and are moving forward. That is the key to losing weight, never look back!! And even if you have a bad day or two or week, just keep moving forward! Every time we stop and regain the weight we have that much more to lose and it seems daunting. So lets all start the week out fresh and do the best we can, weigh and measure your food, get rid of the junk in your house and get those exercise shoes and clothes on and move move move!! Oh and suck down that water too!!

I too have laundry to do...its never ending huh? Oh and Sandy, I was just thinking the same thing about John, I do the housework, laundry, dishes, childcare and he goes to work. But the least he could do is empty the trash can when he sees it filling up to the top and overflowing!

Enough said for now...I hope I didn't offend anyone! Keep on trucking! And you gotta go check out that tickerfactory.com....I love it!

TTFN Michelle
MichelleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 03:39 PM   #12  

Smile

I just read this:
Losing weight and keeping it off requires a holistic approach that combines proper diet, good workouts, knowing why you overeat, and understanding how to push yourself toward CHANGE. Damn it, 2Cute there is that word again!!!

Thank goodness, BarbPA has been posting and Lisa finally popped in. Where is Terri? I am getting a complex - spend a weekend with me and they quit posting!!!!

I have been scrap booking and have almost used up everything I bought with BarbPA, Terri and Lisa!!!!!

What is the movie "My Girl"????

Last edited by LuckyLadyBug; 11-14-2004 at 03:42 PM.
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 04:32 PM   #13  
a work in progress...

Quick Hi and I'm outta here...The best way to get your house really clean is to have guests coming. How come I don't see all this dirt every day? :?

Great to see so many posts!

Oh, I changed my avatar because I was getting confused seeing Gail's beach scene too! Did I welcome you aboard, Gail? I don't remember...so, WELCOME to our little part of the world! It's nice here, isn't it?

Hippy...I just had to respond to your bathing suit dilemma. Been there, done that! Haven't we all? Put your bathing suit on, hold your head up high and do exactly what you came to do! Don't look anyone in the eye and let them say whatever the **** they want. I love to go to the beach, the pool, water slides. I'm not the only fat one out there and I don't have to impress a soul. My family loves me anyway and that's all that matters to me. Don't let a stranger's ignorant comment inhibit your enjoyment! Like someone else said...you'll never see them again, it shouldn't matter what they think. I know, I know....easier said than done, but, get out there and live your life...you deserve to be happy!

Boy, I'd love to be swimming right now...with a hot sun beating down on my head! It's so friggin' cold here lately! You'd think WINTER was coming or something!

Okay, back to work for me!
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 06:43 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

I just got back from a 2 hour horseback ride. I had called the gal that sold us Ginger a few years back and she met me out at the barn. One thing about Lorrie is she knows all the trails and doesn't mind a good long ride. She knows the tough trails too. It had to happen sooner or later, but I took my first fall. We were riding down to cross a creek which went okay but the other side was very muddy. Tanyah, in her quest to not get her feet in the mud, tried to jump up a small embankment but slid in the mud. She almost went down and then finally pitched me off to the left. I could see it all happening and know I said "oh shi$" more than once and had the conscious thought about getting my feet out of the stirrup so I wouldn't be caught. But I jumped up quickly and tried not to be too rattled. I had trouble getting back on because she wouldn't stand still but Lorrie helped and off we went again. Because I went onto the embankment she tried to jump on so the fall wasn't that far. I am going to feel it tomorrow in my left arm and knee. The important thing is no major injuries and I did what dad always made me do...get back on and ride.

Food is ending good for the week. I need to be even more consistent in getting in at least 4 points of exercise a day.

DH and I were having a discussion about Thanksgiving the other day. We were discussing the menu my mom and sis had come up with and how its the same old foods. My sis is really into the "tradition" and the comfort of having the traditional foods. DH and I were like...been there, ate that way too many times. I have done so well the last three weeks and feel so much in control and really don't want to blow that over food that I've had many times. Is the food really worth gaining back what I've worked hard to lose? Okay, maybe the cheesecake and pumpkin pie are worth it. But my plan is to save as many points as I can for that day, work out as much as I can ahead, and limit my portion sizes to tablespoons insteads of heaps. And if I splurge, its on the pie. My other strategy will be to wear tight jeans.

Dinner is about ready. I better post and run.

Have a good evening!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 06:45 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Don't forget. Weigh-in tomorrow for the end of the 2 pound challenge. And the next challenge begins just as soon as you weigh. The next challenge will end the Monday morning after Thanksgiving!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote