Old 11-10-2004, 08:56 PM   #1  

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again.....#594

WELCOME!!!!
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
Old 11-10-2004, 09:01 PM   #2  

Hey chicks, can you believe I remembered how to do this and when to do it? LOL. Actually when I went to type in the thread name my auto fill in thing is always on. Well my last thread I started was 419. WOW!!!

All in all I had a pretty good day. I really need to start working on the water thing though.

Sorry to see and hear about that huge spider, I would have been screaming my fool head off. They would have heard me for miles around.

I have no advice about your veggies CD other than what has been said. Do you have a regular fridge or just a little one? I guess buy in small quantity is all you can do? Good luck with it.
peekabooangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 10:51 PM   #3  
BELIEVE!

Hey Chicks!
This is just a quickie "goodnight" post! I went to my deep water class tonight. Food was pretty good. Water was great and I am going to journal in bed. I really like getting back to writing my thoughts, feelings, emotions, etc. I just write whatever comes to me. I'm enjoying it.

I hope you all had a fab day. Tomorrow I'll try to catch up on the posts I missed.

Sweet Dreams!
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 11:42 PM   #4  
Determined

Thanks for all the veggie advice everyone Here's all the answers to the questions I can remember:

I have a big regular fridge, I buy the already cut/prewashed type of stuff usualyl cause if I don't I'll often be lazy and forget to eat it. What sucks is prewashed/precut stuff doesn't really come in small sizes The last thing that went bad was precut - but not washed - broccoli and cauliflower. The bag was really small and I didn't wash anything but what I took out... but somehow it seemed to go bad anyway Its so frustrating because I don't get to go to the grocery store often.

I'll look into getting ziplock bags and figure out what kind of settings my fridge is on. I don't know if I should just blame this on being a college student ;p but I barely even look at my fridge. Just toss stuff in there and take stuff out. We don't even use our bottom drawers! Mainly cause we don't have too much food. I usually just take up the top shelf. But I'll see what I can do.

I'm gonna make this quick cause I'm sleepy again (loonggg day) .. I got all my water in, I just worked out, I ate kinda a big din din but ate good otherwise. I'm happy

My tummy gets so upset when I workout - am I never going to be able to eat spicey food again if I want to work out without discomfort? I have meatless chili (not even spicy really!) once in a while.. and it seems to kill me during my work out - even though theres a 3-4 hour time inbetween the two.

Have a good night ladies and I hope you are all doing wonderfully.
cdtobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 01:11 AM   #5  
Dancing those pounds away

Sandy... thanks for starting the new thread. You did great !!
As for your need for more water... add one more glass a day. If you drank three today.. drink four tomorrow.. then five on Friday, etc

Terri... I know you said you will be very busy with work.. but I want you to know you are MISSED !!! Hope you get to post again soon.

Kerri... that is a good idea using a smaller plate. I once used smaller utensils (kids size) to slow me down. I was a speed eater. LOL It really helped. In fact.. it frustrated me at the time.
The TURKEY thing... It is a game I made up to help us get focused on what we need to be DOING to get this weight off. We keep a record of our ACTIONS instead of our intentions.
If you want more info go read the thread entitled "Turkey Contest/ Challenge/ Tool". It has a lot of info. I can still mail you one even though you will have missed the first week. There are still two weeks left. It is for fun and motivation.
I am planning one for Dec too for those of us who want to continue.

CD ..how about eating your favorite snack of yogurt and grapenuts for breakfast ?
Hard boil eggs and fruit you can eat on the run. Heck.. I had a left over baked chicken for breakfast one morning. LOL I try to be sure I get a protein in somewhere.

Angela ... you love to cook ... hmm... you can give us LOTS of recipes.

Leanne... SPIDERS !!!! I saw that photo ... NOT GOOD !!!
One of my favorite movies is "Aracnophobia " (sp?) I literally SCREAM in it several times. It makes my skin crawl... but I love that movie. LOL

Tony/Andria .... I am soooo sorry to hear of your set back. {{{ HUGS }}}
Tony, thank you for keeping us updated. Take good care of her for us please.

BabrPA... you sound happier today. A good workout and good food and water can do wonders for us. I am glad you are going to bed and getting some rest.
Sweet Dreams.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 01:42 AM   #6  

I just popped in to lurk about and saw that SPIDER!!!! I think I would have fallen over dead!!!! I'm getting shivers just thinking of it. ACK!!!

Anyhoo, nothing of interest to report in my little part of the world. Food could be better, and I definately need to drink my water. I have gone back over to Diet Coke. Last night I realized that I hadn't had any water in 3 days, but had about a 6 pack of Diet Coke each day!! YIKES!!
WATER WATER WATER!!!!

The kids are off school today for the holiday and are already making me nuts, so I'm gonna go for now.

Talk at ya later!!
Jen
Jehari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 07:02 AM   #7  
I'm on my way!

Good morning Chickie Poos!! Rise and Shine!! My little guy got up at 3 am wanting to watch cartoons. He knows he can't come in my bed so he wants cartoons on the couch! So, I snuggled him under the quilt on the couch, turned on the boob tube and hoped back into bed. I think he was out cold before I hit the pillow! But....he was up again at 5 am for the morning! Ugh! No school today either cause of the holiday and he doesn't have school on fridays so that is 4 long days of just me and the little monster!! So far he is being an Angel! My little Angel! My sweet little Angel! Oh how I wish he would stay that way forever!!

Tony thanks for the update on Andria...please tell her she is in our thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery!!

Leanne...spiders...yuk!! Makes my skin crawl. I have discovered a couple of different little spiders here in North Carolina!

Sandy..good job on starting the new thread...it takes a few minutes to remember but I think its like riding a bike..you never really really forget totally! For the water thing...I buy the flavored carbonated waters. And one thing I do, or at least try to do, is get in at least 1/2 of my water for the day before I allow myself to drink anything else. Now you can use 1/2 your water as decaf coffee or tea or any decaf drinks but you need to do real water for the other half. You could alternate 1 glass of water and then the next something else you want to drink then make the next one water again and so on. I also usually pour a 16 oz glass of water or take a bottle of water and set it on the counter in the morning and as I was getting ready for work I would take a guzzle every time I went near it. I usally got that in before I left the house if not, I took it with me to finish it!

Jen the water is important...sometimes we think we are hungry when we are really only thirsty! You have done an amazing job...

2Cute...I too have been quilty of eating leftover dinner for breakfast...who made up that law that you had to have eggs, cereal etc for breakfast!!? Cold pizza is the best breakfast!! Anyway, when I lost my weight the first time I lost every single week and I did it through the holidays too...I know I can do it again with my turkey and whatever fun you have in store for december too! I can't wait! If you need help or $ for supplies please let me know!! I really am enjoying my fun!!

CD, lettuce and spinach leaves. I find they last longer in a tupperware lettuce crisper. If you put folded up papertowels in the bottom of the bowl first they absorb the excess water and they stay crisp longer. When you use the lettuce change the paper towel if its really wet. Also, use the crisper drawer, veggies stay longer in there!! What you can do too is if you see them starting to turn throw them in a pot of chicken broth, add a small can of tomato sauce and maybe some oregano and make soup. With just veggies it is ZERO points and filler for sure! I throw in a can of small white beans to make it really filling and I count it as 1 point per bowl.

Barb sounds like you had a nice relaxing day!

Today I have to do some exercise inside. My shins and ankles feel much better today but I am going to give them a rest from walking and do some toning or an aerobic video. Tomorrow I will be out walking again! Yesterday I got another 4 feathers for my turkey! Even though I haven't had many perfect days I am alot better off than I was before. I actually can't wait to get on the scale on Saturday morning! With my turkey I can actually see my progress each day!

OK, 'nuff said for now! Gotta go get started on my water and see what I can dream up for breakfast!

TTFN Michelle
MichelleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 08:29 AM   #8  

Good morning girls. Just wanted to check in before I start my day. My son stayed at a friends house so I have to get my butt in gear and get the garbage out to the end of the driveway for the garbage man today. Then we have like probably $60.00 worth of returnable bottles/cans in the cellar that I need to start returning. We need to get the cellar all cleaned up to get to the woodstove for the winter. We had oil delivered the other day and it was 2.03 a gallon....{gulp}. So we are going to burn wood too that we already have in the cellar stacked.

Michelle, I love the flavored water, and I will get some today at the store and not get the Dt coke.

CD, yes do use the bottom of the fridge (crisper drawers) they seem to keep things lots longer. Another thing is if you buy the veggies not pre-cut or pre-packaged you can come right home and wash and cut and prepack yourself in baggies or whatever. That way when the mood strikes you can just grab. I'm a big grab girl. I'm an "I want it now and don't want to have to work for it!!" lol Usually I try to keep a big bowl of salad made up for those moments.

Ok, off to shower and all that good stuff. Chat again later gators.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:10 AM   #9  
Hang In There

Just checking in before I leave for water aerobics. Still on track, still working hard. When is the 2 week challenge over?

Have a great day everyone

ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 10:04 AM   #10  
I'm on my way!

Barbg...its NEVER OVER!!
MichelleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 12:22 PM   #11  
Dancing those pounds away

Good morning gals.
I sure enjoy coming here and finding Barbs turkeys to greet me.

Barb.... I am pretty sure the last 2 week challenge ended Oct 31. ?
So I figured the next one started on Monday Nov 1st and would end Monday Nov 15th.. but maybe it would be Sunday the 14th.

I only know for sure about Monday the 15th for reaching our 2lbs in 2 weeks bonus.

Hopefully Terri will be back today and make the official date.
She is the HERO who got all of this activity going.
Her 2lbs in 2 weeks challenge definitely changed my life.
I don't plan to EVER quit doing it.
THANK YOU TERRI !!!
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 12:50 PM   #12  
a work in progress...

Hey girls...Just checking in before I begin a marathon of laundry. And cleaning. I worked the last three nights and so everything just seems to come to a screeching halt. So my days off can be fun filled with laundry and the like!

The good news is: I have lost 2.5 lbs since the 2 week challenge began!

The bad news is: I seem to have strained my left knee somehow...so I didn't exercise at all yesterday. I'm trying to baby this knee, because it seems to be a little funky...if I step down wrong sometimes, it lets me know about it! A slathering of Icy/Hot really helped yesterday, so I'll see about going to the gym later. Or maybe I should really tackle those leaves all over the lawn. We'll see.

Welcome to our merry band, Kerri! Now that we have a nurse on board...they can refer their medical questions to you! My knowledge only extends so far! (I'm a hospital unit secretary)

Hippygoddess....I would have freaked over that spider too! I got all shuddery just looking at that picture!

BarbG...Last day of 2 week challenge is the 14th...we started the 1st...didn't we? Terri?

cd...wash lettuce, wrap in paper towels, store in ziplock bags. I never finish a bag of spinach...always end up throwing some away. You could make a salad when you first buy the stuff and keep in a tupperware bowl. Buy a little at a time.

Michelle...hmmm, when am I coming to NC, you say??
...Maybe when you have Spring Fling 3! East Coast Style! That one I'll be able to drive to! Right, BarbPa??

Sandy...You've slipped right back into the swing of things! Atta girl! We will definitely be going back to Maine one of these days. We absolutely LOVE the house that we rent in South Harpswell. Not far from Brunswick. Are you near there?

Angela...I wonder if you'd be willing to share that risotto recipe? Sounds interesting. And by interesting, I mean, yummy!

Thin...so? What did you have at this $150 dinner? Inquiring minds want to know!

2cute...You're not still outside in that pool are you? BRRRRR.

Tony...HUGS to Andria!

Who did I miss? My apologies if I did...I really have to get moving now.

Have a great day all!
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 02:29 PM   #13  

Kat, OMG yes.....I can be in Brunswick or Harpswell in a matter of about 45 minutes. I can't believe you were so close. Shame on me for not knowing. I am kicking myself in the a$$ big time.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:01 PM   #14  
Hang In There

I did it!!! Our neighborhood Sam's Club has been remodeling from one of the small original stores to one of the big super store for months now, and today was the grand opening.

I've been getting all these flyers about today being the Grand Opening and be sure to come by Free Hotdogs, Free Cake, and lots and lots of free tastes of everything down every aisle.

At first I couldn't wait, (I get excited easily) then the Turkey came in my mailbox and my life changed! I dedided that no way was I going to Sam's today!!! The best way to avoid temptation is to stay out of it's way. Right? So what happeneds, I find out last night that we are completely out of paper here at work, so I HAD to go to Sam's today. I walked by the free hotdogs, I shooked my head no to the offers of cake, went to the paper aisle, got my paper and went strait to the check out line. Not one bite of anything passed my lips.

Can you tell I'm proud of myself?

ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2004, 03:45 PM   #15  

What a great NSV Barbg.....way to go...