Old 11-05-2004, 07:58 PM   #16  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

I'm sneaking in time for a post. My car was acting up horribly on the way home today, and we decided to change out the fuel filter. The guy at the parts store reassured us it was easy. Famous last words! Of course, it would have been easier if he had sold us the correct part and we didn't have to run back to get the right one. My dad is currently somewhere between here and the parts store and probably trying to not curse at his children for buying Ford cars. How was I supposed to know Mazdas were actually Fords?

Food has been good today. I've kept to my plan all day long! Water has been good. Attitude has been excellent. I had a great visit with my therapist, and we talked a lot about my food issues. It was very cool opening up and admitting some of this stuff to myself. I spend so much time and energy beating myself up for things that I am perfectly willing to forgive in others. All that is left today is exercise, and that one is going to be a toughy. I've been walking back and forth, inside and out, and I'm already exhausted!

Dad is back, got to run!

Andria

P.S. I was in such a hurry, I forgot to say that I lost half a pound!

Last edited by qsilver; 11-05-2004 at 08:01 PM.
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 08:59 PM   #17  

Wow, everyone's so upbeat! Good job, ladies. I'm off to a conference for 2 days, so temptation will abound. I'll be offline until Sunday, but I plan to check in when I get back to town so I'll feel accountable while I'm in St. Louis. Have a great weekend, all! (Ouch! That darn turkey keeps nipping me... weirdest thing, it keeps nudging this glass of water at me!)
Angela_aka_Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 09:26 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

I need to jump in here and drop off a post. Don't want Commando Turkey after me.

I did a little shopping after work tonight. Found some cool clothes on sale.

We had lunch with the CEO today at his Country Club. Geez, if there was ever a time to not act like a goober, it was today. It was his way of thanking those of us that serve on a project review board. That and a hefty performance award. That was a surprise. I ate well - Grilled Chicken Cobb salad. No dessert. No bread.

Then I got to pour over accounting standards trying to research something to educate the boss on purchase accounting. Talk about jabbing yourself in the eye with a sharp stick.

So I needed the shopping tonight.

Tomorrow will be a busy day. Errands. Lots of housecleaning. Laundry. Bills. Go look at a new location for the girls. Give the girls wormer and shots. Ride the girls. Exercise. Journal. Drink. Pee. Wow, I'm tired already.

Goodnight!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 10:24 PM   #19  

Smile

Hey, Terri - I keep forgetting to mention - did you know I have been in Accounting all of my life!!!! WE'RE TWINS!!!! Well, accept I am NOT a

Lisa & Terri, Tomorrow's breakfast won't be the same - a whole week since we met!!!!

I have to work outside tomorrow - hopefully NOT getting shot!!!! Deer hunting opens tomorrow too and it's always scary
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 10:33 PM   #20  
Determined

I just wanted to stop in say hi I've actually been doing "bad" with my food plan (which is usually my strong point!) having a few cheese sticks or beernuts here and there, but I think I'm doing decently over all. As soon as I finish this bottle of water I'll have my "required" water and I'm about to work out

I'm feeling good! I'm just posting this so I'll make sure To do my work out :P Have a good evening everyone!
cdtobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 11:45 PM   #21  
Dancing those pounds away

Well .. here I am.

Michelle... isn't it nice when the new house starts feeling like HOME.
Hope you still got your journaling in. You posted early... still had time left.
I know that many love Walmart flavored water... I think there is another brand that is not carbonated. Walmarts is almost too sweet for me.

Andria... Mazda is a FORD. The next thing they are going to tell us is that Santa and the Easter Bunny are the same person. Those are fighting words. LOL
Congrats on your loss.

Angela... I told you it would bite you in the butt.
I have been to many conferences... they ALWAYS have water.

Terri... congrats on your performance award. !!!! It is kind of nice when it comes up out of nowhere. Another congrats on the good food choices... and abstaining from the bad ones.
MORE NEW CLOTHES !!!! Wow... you are going to need a bigger closet soon. LOL

Lucky... BE CAREFUL !!! People really do get shot by deer hunters. The only deer I want you near is the two legged dears.

CD... I figured you were posting to earn your "Bonus point". But glad to see you no matter what reason got you here. I am PROUD of you and everyone else who got your exercise in.

I have to confess.... I did not exercise earlier when I said I would.
I TRIED.... but just could not force myself. Not even to win the game.
I did write in my journal though about my unwillingness to do it.

I have not had a good "emotional" day today. I don't know exactly why. Maybe because I am not eating and stuffing my feelings. I have a LOT of built up hostility in me for some reason. My husband has a LOT to do with it. LOL Does anyone else have the problem I have.... THEY SCREW UP... and I apologize. Damn... that makes me MORE MAD AT ME... than I ever was at them.

Today was FUN FRIDAY !!!! Did anyone have any ????
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 12:17 AM   #22  

OH I DID 2Cute!! Way too much!! A bottle and a half of wine too much!! Hence why I am posting at 6am my time. I don't sleep well after drinking. Unlike my husband who just passes out. I'm working on my second cup of coffee already.

Anyhoo, the ball was great. After the dinner was adjourned, the jackets came off and everyone got rowdy as heck!! I'm just grateful I didn't break an ankle when we left. Ever try walking on cobblestone in 3 inch heels after WAY too much wine??? YIKES!!

I did really good on the food though. I even turned down the cheesecake!! I just sampled a little of this and a little of that from the buffet line.

I'll post some pictures later. I don't know where DH put the camera.

In the meantime, I'm going to have a hard time getting the picture of a big 'ol turkey following me around pecking at me for no-no's out of my head!!

Well, I can't seem to collect any more coherent thoughts at the moment. Maybe I need more coffee. Anyhoo, talk at ya later taters!!

Jen
Jehari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 03:29 AM   #23  
Dancing those pounds away

Oh Jen.... I am soooo HAPPY for you. It sounds like you had a WONDERFUL TIME. I can't wait until you post those pictures. I can see you now... beautiful and SKINNY. Living and loving life.
Oh my... turning down CHEESECAKE !!! That is true sign of wellness.

I know I should be in bed too. It is 2:30am here. I guess I will go TRY.
Jen... thanks for sharing ... it put a huge smile on my face seeing you living your life THIN.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 04:21 AM   #24  

I downloaded my camera and I'm going to try to attach a photo. Bear with me..... I don't know how this will turn out
Attached Images
File Type: jpg diningout.jpg (17.4 KB, 40 views)
Old 11-06-2004, 04:22 AM   #25  

Well, the picture got terribly degraded when I reduced the size, so it's kinda crummy looking, but you get the picture (pardon the pun)
Old 11-06-2004, 08:10 AM   #26  
Hang In There

Jen You look wonderful. How much weight have you actually lost? How are you feeling? How much longer will you be in Germany? How much longer will your hub be in the service? Do you get the impression that I don't think you post often enough?

2cute, you turkeys are following us everywhere!!! Yessterday we went to lunch at a place across town that is noted for it's wonderful home cooking, and the best desserts in the whole city, and I told them I couldn't eat any dessert so I cout put a leaf on my turkey Needless to say everyone thought I was crazy. Then last night hub wanted cookies (a lot of the kids at our church are selling cookie dough for fun raisers, already formed into right size and all you do it pop them in the over, wonderful) sso I cooked him a sheet of oatmeal cookies and did not eat a one!!!

Now it's Saturday and I have to figure out what I'm going to do for exercise. I usually don't exercise on the weekend, but today will be different.

My cup doesn't runneth over, in fact it's empty, so I need to go and refill it.

Hey, I just realized that I have now been posting with this group for a year now!!!

ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 08:13 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!

Its time to get up and get moving. Time to get in all the exercise we missed during the week.

Lucky - Nope, you didn't mention about the Accounting. Maybe with a little prodding you could be a too. I think it is lurking deep inside you. I know what you mean about Saturday. It was fun having breakfast with girls instead of DH. This is going to be a long weekend because he sounds like he's got a cold. Major whining ahead. I could be there for a late lunch!! Good to see a post from you this morning. I was beginning to think I had done something to Lisa and you because you've both been so quiet this week!!

Lisa - Whatcha' up to?

Jen - Thanks for the picture. Both of you look gorgeous. Does he have a brother near Minnesota? Near Lucky?

2Cute - Okay, you missed your exercise yesterday, get it in first thing today. No dawdling. Anyone with a DH, has repressed anger at times. Sometimes it anger unleashed too! But don't let those feelings cause you to derail from your plans.

CD - Do you plan out what you're going to eat? Maybe by planning each meal and each snack will help you avoid the cheese and beer nuts. Or maybe by planning how you're going to have them will make it to where you're not "cheating" and the negative connotations of that.

Okay, got to work on bills and get the laundry started.

Make today a fabulous day! We haven't had a Dr. Phil slogan thrown out in a while so here goes:

Make today a CHANGING day!

Require enough of yourself to eat right, exercise, and be in control of your emotions.

Get REAL about yourself - your emotions, your body, your life.

Enough?
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 09:55 AM   #28  

Thumbs up

2Cute & Terri, thanks for the "man" thoughts. There are men everywhere around here this weekend but they are all carrying GUNS!!!

I have had a busy week, Lisa too as I recall. One good thing about winter is that I have more time. I don't run around as much and NO yard work. Well, except for shoveling snow!

Jen: Glad you posted - I worry. You look so "ballish" in your dress. Tell us all the details - after you have some more

Off to have some breakfast before I head outside.

LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 10:43 AM   #29  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning Lovely Ladies!!!
I stayed up way to late last night and the dogs woke me up way too early! Ugh! However I have spent the last two hours cleaning out kitchen drawers and paper work - basically all the junk that piles up or I throw in a cabinet when someone is coming over.

Now I am going to get my exercise done for the day --- going to do my Pilates for Dummies tape, hit the exercise bike for a while and maybe the big blue ball. Then I'll be done for the day and won't think about it all day!

Tonight I may go to a Pampered Chef party at a friends house. Other than that we are relaxing and enjoying this beautiful fall weather!

Jen - You look gorgeous! I am so happy you have returned to us. You know how much we worry!

Michelle - Great to see you here as well!!! I hope the move went smoothly!

2cute - you are just as your name says!! I love the Turkey challenge. I have dusted off my journal and am so excited to add my stickers! I got to put all 4 on last night!!! Yay!!!

I'm not ignoring anyone, but I want to get my exercise done with! I'll stop in later!

Have a beautiful Saturday!
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 11:11 AM   #30  
I'm on my way!

Alrighty then! I finally got off my rear and re-joined WW down here! I was hoping it would be cheaper but no such luck!! I still have pre-pay coupons from up North and they let me use them down here too! I only had to pay the $20 joining fee along with my weekly coupon so that didn't hurt so bad! I love the WW program because I know it works and it lets me eat whatever I want, just in moderation! My goal this time around is to eat plenty of fruits and veggies and protein! Thats how I lost the 97 lbs the first time around! Now...I will need all the motivation I can get to stay on track and get this weight off so I will need your help. If you don't see me posting every day then make sure you come around and give me a good slap in the you know what!! My turkey makes me smile even though I haven't gotten a perfect day of feathers yet! But today will be the day!!

Jen you look so beautiful in your gown! And so happy too! You are an inspiration to all of us!

Lucky - maybe you will find a man out there with a bow and arrow! Named Cupid maybe!!! Just dodge the bullets though!

Barb - I have been staying up too late at night lately and my little guy has gotten up at 3 am two nights in a row wanting a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and milk! Ugh! He then will fall asleep on the couch with a pillow and blanket, but I can't go back to sleep until I know he is asleep. Scares me that he could just have the run of the house, who knows what he would get into!! The other night I was sooo tired I fell asleep at 8 pm. John went outside to have a cigarette and locked himself out at 10 pm. He said he rang the doorbell like 10 times and me and Andrew NEVER heard it! If he hadn't found the key I had out there he would have been out there until 1:30 am when I did finally wake up for the first time!!

Teri wanna come to my house and do laundry too????

Barbg - has it already been a year now? My time flies doesn't it! I believe its been about 3 1/2 years now for me! This is a wonderful group of women!

2Cute - do you know the brand of the non-carbonated water? Sometimes I just don't want the fizz up my nose! I love the walmart white grape water because it tastes just like grape soda - my FAVORITE - without all the calories!

Angela I hope you were strong at that conference and avoided temptation? I know I wouldn't have been able to do it!!

CD - one step at a time! A little cheese and a few nuts are healthier choices than say cake or cookies or even that dreaded halloween candy!!

Andria - isn't that a bad trait we have, beating up on ourselves! I wish I could fix it in me! I give you credit for taking care of you this time around! Its hard for me to do - I always take care of everyone else and put there needs before mine!

Well I really need to run and get some stuff done before John gets home from work! Once he does get home I am going outside for a walk in this beautiful fall weather! I will catch up with the rest of you later - Thin, Susie, Kat, Skittles, Chris and anyone else I missed!

TTFN Michelle
MichelleK is offline   Reply With Quote