Old 10-01-2004, 05:32 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Arrow 300+ and ready to try again... #576

WELCOME !!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 05:36 PM   #2  

I posted in the last thread but wanted to add something to this one.
I went to the Birthday Thread and saw that we have lots of people who are not here anymore... and don't have some who are. Soooo... How about we up date it.
Please list your birthday if you want to be added to our birthday Thread.

2cute .... Feb 12th
Old 10-01-2004, 08:00 PM   #3  

Smile

2cute .... Feb 12th
Lucky .... Apr 8th
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 08:26 PM   #4  
BELIEVE!

2cute .... Feb 12th
Lucky .... Apr 8th
BarbPA.... June 10th
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 09:08 PM   #5  
Hang In There

2cute .... Feb 12th
Lucky .... Apr 8th
BarbPA.... June 10th
Barbg.....Feb 23
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 09:15 PM   #6  
Determined

2cute .... Feb 12th
Lucky .... Apr 8th
BarbPA.... June 10th
Barbg.....Feb 23
CD.... July 24th
cdtobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 09:59 PM   #7  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

I was able to WI today, but my weight didn't change. I missed the challenge mark by 1/2 a lb. Count me in for the next one! Keeping this up would get me down into the 70's by the end of the year. Cool to think about, huh!

Sorry to not stick around, but I've got to work tonight, and a nap is sounding really good about now. Have great weekends, everyone.

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 10:50 PM   #8  

I was about to think NO ONE was ever going to post. LOL
I am really happy with the birthday responses... but no one posted.
Then Dear Andria finally posted but didn't leave her birthday.
Okay ladies... let's post AND leave your birthdays too at the end.

I had a good day. Told you about my swim earlier.
Went out for dinner. I was very proud of myself.
I ordered my meal and asked to substitute a salad for the fries.
They brought me my salad and I ate about half of it.
Then they brought my dinner... and it was LOADED with fries.
I did NOT touch a single one.
I told my husband BEFORE we got there he was NOT to offer me dessert.
I told him I WANT to stay on program so don't tempt me. I also told him he could get one if he wanted to... but DO NOT offer me any.
I left completely satisfied and not over full as in the past.
I swear .. this is getting easier. LOL

Although I am going to have a HUGE temptation Sunday.
My husband's family is having their yearly family reunion.
A BIG picnic with LOTS of homemade GOODIES.
I hope to bring lots of LEGAL goodies that I can graze on and not goof up now.
I have come too far to take a step back now.
Ladies... I AM DETERMINED to make it this time. I want this to be IT !!!!
Old 10-02-2004, 12:26 AM   #9  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi All! Just a quickie before heading to bed. I hopped on the scale this morning and it looked better than it did yesterday, so I'm on my way for the next challenge.

Katrina: Don't give me an I don't think I'm going to make it to the next Fling thing. Vacation or no, we expect you in Michigan!!! I haven't chosen dates yet. I figured right around New Years I would try to do that so there was still time for everyone to get good airfares but they would also have an idea if there were any special occasions coming up in their calendar that we need to work around.

That said, everybody keep your ear to the ground, especially around the holiday, for rumblings of upcoming weddings etc that might be in your future for the Spring. Let me know and that way I'll try to work around those dates that someone specifically can't make it if they want to come. Personally, I know I have a wedding on April 16th, so that won't be the weekend. And I wouldn't think anyone would want Easter week, or Mother's Day. So that counts out a couple of dates.

2cute: I do the best I can with the birthday thread. As a matter of fact, I just updated it about a week and a half ago. I can only do as well as the information I have though and I get my info when people post on the Bio Thread. I haven't deleted anyone from that thread just in case they return. The only place I delete people from is the Bio Thread when they haven't been around in 60 days or so. BTW, Andria's birthday just past. It was September 15th. And everyone else that checked in is already listed there.

Gotta run. "Showgirl" time tomorrow. Love ya bunches!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 01:06 AM   #10  
Michigan Old-Timer

Ok, I went back and updated both the Bio Thread and the Birthday Thread. They are both up to date. If you haven't posted a Bio and you'd like to have your birthday listed, please let me know when it is and I will be happy to put you on the list.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 02:41 AM   #11  

Thin... I hope you don't think I was criticizing. I certainly was not.
I TOTALLY appreciate all you do for us.

I just went to the birthday page for October and saw two names I did not remember ever seeing before. I wondered if any of the newcomers had a birthday this month. I knew you had most of our birthdays already. I only suggested we all post them to make it a group thing and maybe help make newcomers feel like they were part of the group rather than be the only one posting their birthday. I am sorry if it came across as criticism. I love you and would NEVER criticize. {{{ HUGS }}}

Again... THANK YOU for all you do for us.
Old 10-02-2004, 07:56 AM   #12  
a work in progress...

Default Good morning all...

Now, Thin, don't be gettin' your feathers all ruffled! I am hoping to be able to attend the Second Annual Meeting of Great Minds! I have earmarked my credit union savings for just that purpose...I hope I don't have to dip in to it for the anniversary bash. For which we haven't picked a date yet. Probably April though. I know there's time, so we won't worry about that now.

2cute...You are one strong woman! I love to swim, but in OCTOBER?!? Whatta gal! Great job at the restaurant and laying down the law with hubby. I think mine tries to eat "vicariously" through us since he can't have the sweet stuff anymore. He comes home with all kinds of cookies and ice cream...my two favorites!!! I think we'll be having that same talk today.

Andria...my fellow night owl...I know the importance of those naps, yes indeedy! Staying the same while being immobile is good! You'll be back in the swing of things before you know it!

I have to go...got another busy day ahead. Today is "Our Town Day," which involves a parade and then gathering at the local park...food, vendors, demos, that kind of stuff. My son is marching with the football team, but then he'll hook up with the scouts at the park. I have to get him to the parade starting point by 9. I was going to nap before then <I wish> but I think I'm going to walk the dog instead. AND do my situps! Later on, he has a game...an 8:00 game. Away, of course. At least I don't have to work.

Gotta get moving. Have a great day everyone!!

katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 08:19 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Roll Call for the 10/15 challenge:

Terri
Kat
Andria

The weekends are usually our biggest challenges, let's remember what we do that has made us successful in the past, and do it this weekend. Let's make this one a healthy and in control weekend!

Later!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 08:46 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 325/

Height: 5'8"

This is just a quickie. I'm going to the club to go swimming this morning. I'll sign up for the challenge. How much is it for? Oh, I don't care how much it is for I will do it anyway. ok well off to the gym.

Oh did I hear somewhen mention snow? All Right! If you don't want it send it my way. I love the snow. "Pretty snowflakes, Pretty snowflakes, falling down from the sky...." Patty Page. I love Patty Page, I love snow, I love the holiday season. Now I am all excited, I think I'm going Christmas shopping today too. Thanks.

Skit
Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 10:28 AM   #15  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Ok, this is what happens when I post tired. I end up confusing everyone!

2cute, I knew my name was on the birthday list, so I didn't think to add mine to the new one. Now I get what you were doing!

Kat, I didn't totally fail the challenge. I still lost 1.5 lbs. in the two weeks. I just maintained this last week instead of losing that last .5. And I've decided you never sleep. You are always talking about daytime activities with your family. I miss those so much! Still try to do as much as I can, but sometimes I'm just a zombie.

Thin, you reminded me. I never did post my bio up again. Oops? I'll have to rectify that very soon.

Also, wanted to say Hello to our newest of newbies, Tammy! I end up in Lubbock a couple of times throughout the year because my sweetie lives there. Maybe we will get to meet up one of these trips.

Time to get into bed and see if I can catch some real zzzZZZzzzZzzzZZZzzz... Wish I didn't have such a bad feeling about work right now. They keep asking how much longer I'm going to be on crutches and looked very unhappy when I told them that a minor surgery is probably in my near future. I really don't need that losing my job kind of worry on top of everything else.

Take care! *HUGS*

Andria

Last edited by qsilver; 10-02-2004 at 10:31 AM.
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote