Old 09-25-2004, 01:35 AM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Arrow 300+ and ready to try again... # 573

WELCOME !!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 02:45 AM   #2  

Gee... I started this thread and had to run. I thought someone might have posted.
I only have a minute ... I have got to get to bed now. 2am here.

Andria... I really got a lot out of your postings to everyone.
I am anxiously awaiting what you learn about the nutrition info for the skins. I know I have always heard the skin is good for you. I mainly am interested in the carb count.

Barb... I need to have a garage sale too. I am sooo close to having my garage clean. It is clean .... but could be even cleaner if I had a garage sale and got rid of stuff stacked against the wall.

Lucky.. I loved watching my daughter play volleyball... BUT ... there is a LOT of sittting around between games. Enjoy your book.

Debra... you said you love to cook. Use that love to your advantage and learn to cook healthier and low fat, and sugar free. If it is an easy recipe... I would love to hear about them.
Old 09-25-2004, 03:30 AM   #3  

Thank you for all the welcomes!

Part of the reason I went searching for a group where I could feel comfortable was because I haven't been having the best week. My husband was diagnosed with leukemia in July, and this past week has been very stressful. I have been trying my best to stay out of that kitchen, but it's gotten the better of me a time or two. I'm just hoping to maintain this week, but I feel I do deserve a gain
Ginny24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 09:42 AM   #4  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Lurker fly-by:

2Cute, I think the potato skins are probably a good fit for a lowish carb diet (I'm doing WW new Core program myself), because they leave out most of the part that makes them high on the glycemic index and are high in fiber (and lots of other nutrients). I think they could be a great, very satisfying -- even treat-like -- part of a meal. I found this recipe online, which could be made more diet-friendly. I think I'd leave out the cheese and maybe try sprinkled herbs or something instead. Feed the potato innards to DH!

Potato Skins - 2 servings

2 large baking potatoes
1 tbsp butter, melted
2 tbsp sour cream, optional
grated cheese, optional
chopped green onions, optional
bacon bits, optional
Preheat oven to 400 F. Wash potatoes and prick with a fork to avoid explosions! Put on rack in oven for around 1 hour or until tender. Cool slightly and cut in quarters lengthwise. Scoop out most of the flesh. Put the skins on a baking sheet. Drizzle the shells with melted butter, season with salt and pepper. Add cheese if desired and place back in oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until melted. Upon removal from oven add any of the other suggestions above or your own favourite toppings.

Carbohydrates: 10gm per serving.
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 11:12 AM   #5  

Arbella... thanks for the recipe. 10 carbs each is kind of high but somedays well worth it. LOL I forgot I have a low carb cook book so I will check out their info too.

Ginny .. I am so sorry about your husband's diagnois. Losing weight is more than just eating the right foods. It is definitely learning how to deal with stress constructively.
There are sooo many aspects to weight loss. Emotions play a HUGE role. Feel free to destress here.

Okay ladies... I am out of here. They are having a neighborhood garage sale down the road so I am off to save my husband lots of money.

PS ... I am still doing great on my food.
Old 09-25-2004, 11:51 AM   #6  
Christine

S/C/G: 340/328/150

Height: 5'4"

Post Good Morning Ladies

Hiya,

My bad, I have been lurking...reading but not posting, mostly due to being too busy or lazy to write.

Welcome to new members and well done once again for another week of trying to stay OP and positive to everyone. My week was mixed, some days I did great with food and exercise, other days I did great with one or the other and one day both went down the tubes on a greased rail! However, I remain committed (and sometimes feel like I SHOULD be "committed") and am in a positive frame of mind. I continue to love the words of advice, wisdom, support and encouragement here and even when I don't have time to write, I always check in to see how everyone is doing and to recharge my committment batteries. Thank you for having this haven for all of us to bond and support each other.

Today is a very lazy day, despite it being exercise Saturday, due to DH being at work until 7 pm and our darling Jenniah being down with a cold and double ear infection. So she and Mommy are watching cartoons and snuggling. #1 son is with his Dad this weekend so I don't have 5 kids in his room all dueling YuGiOh at once all weekend!! That'll be next weekend.

Well, gotta run and give lots of TLC to my little one. Take care and enjoy your day ladies.

TTFN,

Chris

eddies_heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 03:17 PM   #7  
Lisa

Talking I Did It! I Finally Did It!

Thank you BARBPA! I was FINALLY able to post pictures on the picture page!

Now y'all better go check it out - yeah, I know I'm a dork, but I can't help it . . . I've been trying for MONTHS to figure it out & I finally did with some help!

Later chickies . . .
ljs1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 03:42 PM   #8  
Michigan Old-Timer

Is anyone but me having a problem seeing Lisa's pics? Or am just the odd ball out? Sorry Lisa, but I can't see them.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 04:05 PM   #9  
Determined

I can't see her pictures either!

Hey girls! I did work out last night finally I worked so hard, was sweating and kicking higher than ever.. and just putting my best effort into every move. Tonight will be another great night

Still need to go shopping for healthy food, but I'm just trying hardest for the working out again

Welcome to the new members, Ginny, I hope you find comfort, inspiration, smiles - everything you need here - I've only been here for a short while and I already know these ladies are so awesome - loving and great with words. If you ever need a pm/email to spill some words on - we're all here for you.

Everybody, I hope you do awesome this weekend and have a great time!
cdtobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 05:47 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 325/

Height: 5'8"

Unhappy A worse end to a horrible week

Hello ladies,

This won't be much of a post as I am not in the best of moods right now. But I figured I better post as to not get left behind and have to come back and read so much. The last day of work was as I expected. I was so tired I just didn't want to move last night. But now I am depressed and less motivated than before. This morning I found one my Hoody dead. And she wasn't even the sickly one. I am not sure what happened to her. I think she may have choked on a carrot. But I don't know. All I know is one of my babies is gone. I called my husband at work and I just cried and cried. So now I have her in a ziplock baggie in the freezer. I am going to take her out to my in-laws to bury in their field as I have no place to put her here. And I will not just throw her away. My animals are like my children as I cannot have kids of my own. And I really love and respect animals probably more than people. So right now I guess I just have to grieve and then get myself out of my funk. I know that she will be there waiting for me when I go home to the other side, but my humaness causes me to be sad, and that is ok because emotion is good.

Anyway,

Ginny, I hope that all goes well for you and your husband, you have my prayers and healing coming at ya.

Cd, good to see you back on track.

Everyone else, I love ya's but I am just not in a posting mood. So I will respond later.

Skit
Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 07:59 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies!

I'm back!

I had a pretty good day with mom. She was tired and I become a slug when I get down there, so we didn't do much. I helped with some housework and we just hung out. I came back early this morning. This afternoon, DH's family had a reunion picnic down at a cousin's farm. We had a nice afternoon. They have horses so you know I had to go check them out and talk to the wife about how she trains them.

I need to drink lots of water this evening. I haven't had enough the last couple of days. I also need to walk the dog.

Lisa - Great pics! Thanks for sharing them! It took several tries before I could see them.

Skittles - I'm sorry to see about losing one of your babies. Animals may be just animals to most people, but I understand how they became just like children.

Ginny - I'll put your husband and you in my prayers. I hope all goes well with his treatment and for you to be strong for him.

2Cute - Did you find anything good at the garage sale?

I'm out of here for the evening. I'll be back on track tomorrow. I'm going to drag up my WATP and Tae Bo tapes to use this week.

Have a good evening!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 08:01 PM   #12  
Hang In There

Does Shopping count as exercise? That's all I've done today, that and color my hair, but I know I can't count that as exercise.

Nothing much else to say, I did well all week, but not sure how the weigh is comming off.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 08:31 PM   #13  

Smile

I need a drink - well, maybe many of them.

I haven't exercised today at all -

I did go to Volleyball - hundreds of screaming kids

Then I got home at 2PM and worked in the yard - ya know the drill - raking, hauling, cutting, shoving OH and moving rocks. I didn't come in until 7PM - which is why I need to drink - I HURT everywhere. My feet - OH MY FEET..

I just remembered my phone is outside I wonder if it would hurt it to be outside overnight? I can't believe I have to stand AND MOVE on my feet!!!

Hmmmm I do have some NyQuil
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 08:49 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Lucky - You are a maniac when it comes to doing yardwork. Good grief girl! Soak those feet!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 09:10 AM   #15  
a work in progress...

Hey there!! What's up? I'm just waiting for the coffee to brew...

Another busy day here...football game at 12...we have to be there at 11...after the game, dh and I have concession stand duty for 2 hours. Oh yay. At least we're together...which kills two birds with one stone, we're obligated to do two sessions. It's a nice day, so it should be fun.

Lucky, I'm in need of some yard work, myself...could you help me out? I'll give you plenty of drinks!!

Skittles, I'm so sorry about your pet.

Terri, so, what happened??? Did you call Animal Control?

cd, I think you need to 'pat yourself on the back there!' Good job on the workout!

BarbG...I think shopping definitely counts as exercise! Esp for your credit card!

Lisa, you've gotten everyone's curiosity picqued! We want the FORBIDDEN pictures!

Thin...YOU? No, you're not an oddball!!! much...

Arabella...Thanks for the recipe, it sounds GREAT! My dh is truly missing his 'taters' since starting the diabetic diet...I'll have to give these a try. Always good to hear from you!

2cute...So, any good bargains at the garage sales?

Chris...I hope your little one is feeling better. Enjoy that peace and quiet! I remember the Yu Gi Oh days! Not that long ago... And the Pokemon days...and the Sonic days... and the Power Ranger days... and the Thomas the Tank Engine days!!! It's always something, isn't it? These days it's Weird Al and South Park that make him happy!

Ginny...Welcome to our little niche here at 3FC! I'm sorry to hear about your husband's illness...Remember that you'll need to stay in the best health possible to be able to care for him. In other words, do it for him. You have my prayers and my best wishes for his recovery!

That's everyone on this thread...Hi to everyone else!

Have a great Sunday! Have fun, move that body, eat something good for you, think positive thoughts, do something that makes you smile! (besides eating!)
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote