Old 09-13-2004, 07:04 PM   #16  
BELIEVE!

Hi Everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend!!

Jen - I was so happy to hear from you! I've been so worried! Wonderful to hear that your hubby got home safe and sound and it sounds like you've had a great summer!

I am on my way to the gym, but I wanted to pop in so you don't forget about me. I know I have been posting often and haven't been my usual cheerful self lately. I think I am finally coming out of my deep funk. I've been in a better mood today than I've been in a very long time! I know that getting back to my exercise routine is really helping me out! Thank you all for you love and support during what has been a difficult time for me. I'll slowly try to get back to posting more often. I don't know what I would do without all of you!!!

I'll talk to you later on!
Love,
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 08:58 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

This is who I had on the challenge for 9/15!

Terri
Kat
2Cute
Judy
Mary
BarbPA
Andria
Thin
Lisa
Skittles
Redswirls
Susie
Debra
Chris

Have a good evening!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:33 PM   #18  
Christine

S/C/G: 340/328/150

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up Hiya

Good night ladies...

<Yawn> Up wayyyy too late as usual.

Skittles...THANK YOU so much for your support! I have been telling myself that Celexa was great because I haven't had a panic attack since I've been on it and no negative side effects in the bedroom, but I finally had to admit that it didn't do anything else, just like you said. I had a great appointment with my doc today and I am going to wean off Celexa over the next few weeks and get back on Paxil, as I felt great on it and no tiredness/sleepiness, literally just the romance difficulties. Hubby is convinced that he can help us through that ...my wonderful knight in shining armor. I was off Paxil before I met him, so he says all bets are off with us having trouble. <giggle>

At any rate, am looking forward to being "me" again. Haven't seen me in such a long time, I miss me. And I don't think hubby has ever really seen "me", either. My doc asked why I ever went off the Paxil to begin with, I told her my previous physician said to, since he believed my divorce was the only reason I was depressed and having anxiety difficulties. She said he was an idiot.

At any rate, will keep everyone posted on my journey back to myself.

Well, need to head to bed. Oh yeah...I went to Curves today and did all three times around!!

Hee, hee...can ya tell I am proud of myself??!!

Love in bunches to you all...

TTFN
eddies_heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 11:46 PM   #19  
Determined

Hey Girls! I'm in an awesome mood right now!

Today was day 7 of my continuous working out .. which means it is my first week of regular exercise! I'm happy because I'm hoping - Praying! - that this means that this is becoming an actual habit, which means I'm actually beginning my new lifestyle. Now I just need to work on my eating habits!!!

Anyone know how I can cure my obsession with fried chicken? I just realized that I've had Fried Chicken Pattie/sandwiches the past 3-4 days in a row! I love all the boneless kinds of Fried chicken - but hate grilled it really is horrible.. arggh

I want to go shopping without any fear of a hurricane so I can buy tons of fruits and veggies.. I miss them!

Good luck ladies!

Motivational Monday?
Just think about how great your body feels after your work out - right it down, make a poem, do anything.. Remember this awesome feeling. Even when you're working out give yourself small goals. When I do the 2mile WATP tape I just tell myself to get to the .5 miles then I say "Hey, if I can do that.. I can do the one mile!" then I wait for the 1 mile.. then I tell myself that I can go all the way to the 2nd mile and remind myself how proud I will feel afterwards, that I can do it - I've done it before and my body will love me for it.

Just remember - you're worth the pampering and loving that exercising and eating healthy is for your body. Don't you want someone to pamper and love you? Why not treat your body the same way - the healthy way.
cdtobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 02:43 AM   #20  

ALRIGHT THIN!!! Where are you??? You managed to draw me back, and I made a big 'ol post on the last thread, and then you disappear!! Anyhoo, I'm not exactly back on track. I had Teddy Grahms for breakfast if that gives you any idea . Now I'm guzzling my coffee trying to wake up and get on with the day.

Talk at ya later,
Jen
Jehari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 07:53 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 325/

Height: 5'8"

Cool

Morning Ladies,

Just a quick post before I go ride the bike before work. Just wanted to check in. I am trying hard to make sure I check up here everyday, so I don't have to read three threads in a row.

Today I am going to try to go without soda at all. We will see how I do. I hope I can make it as work is a stressful and annoying place. Communication is like pulling teeth from a lion.

Chris, that is so great that you are changing meds. I hope it all works for you. And wish your hubby luck, he's gonna have a lot of work to do. But hey, now's the time to get creative. Good luck!

Cd, sounds like you are doing great. Keep up the good work. Oh and since you don't like grilled chicken, try this. Get some whole wheat baked crackers, and some whole grains, or whole grain breads. Maybe even some nuts. grind them up and mix in some spices. "Love" is the best but we don't have it on the market yet. Take a boneless chicken breast, dip it in some egg white and put it in the mixture, and repeat, then put it in the oven and bake it. Baked chicken with a yummy crunchy coating, almost like fried chicken. It's really good, at least too me it is.

Well I guess I will let that count as my Tuesday Tip.

Barbpa, nice to see ya! Hope you are well.

Kat, You've got a lot of work ahead of ya with that scrap booking. I wish I could get myself motivated to do that. Oh well one thing at a time.

Don't forget, tomorrow is WI, did I lose, I do not know. But I sure do hope so.

Sitttles
Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 11:13 AM   #22  

Good morning ladies!

CD---way to go...you are inspiring me to get moving!!!

I am on day 2 of my healthier lifestyle. I joined this last week, but had too much fun over the weekend, I decided to start up fresh on Monday. I had a good day yesterday and feel empowered today.

I hope to drink plenty of water, exercise on the treadmill for 30 minutes and eat about 26 pts on WW.

I finally decided to follow WW...since I am familiar with it and can eat balances meals. I am not going to meetings...as the ones in our area do NOTHING for me. I like to eat a bit lower than my weight range allows so I get a jump start. It has worked for me in the past.

Here's to a healthy and positive Tuesday!!!
redswirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 02:55 PM   #23  
a work in progress...

Quote:
I hope to drink plenty of water, exercise on the treadmill for 30 minutes and eat about 26 pts on WW.
Sounds like a good plan, Redswirls! Only, don't say "I hope to...," Say I WILL drink plenty of water, exercise on the treadmill for 30 minutes and eat about 26 pts on WW!!
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 04:32 PM   #24  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Afternoon all,

Just got home from work and I'm taking some "me" minutes.

I've some friends in Louisiana, on Lake Pontchatrain, and they packed up and headed for Jackson, Mississippi this AM. Julie said that the hardest part is deciding what to take. They opted for important papers and some photo's as "the rest is all replacable". So they're off, 4 or 5 folks (extended family, 9 dogs and 2 cats) with reservations for 2 motel rooms.

We lost a very dear, elderly, friend who suffered heat exhaustion brought on by the lack of power and a tightly hurricane shuttered home during Charlie. She got thru the hurricane but the heat and stress wore her down and a neighbor found her collapsed in her home after Fran passed by. She'd seen her the day before but when our friend didn't appear when the weather cleared her neighbor got the hidden key, found her and called 911 but our friend never really regained conciousness and passed away a couple days later.

I'm not fond of the 100's of inches of snow we get here but at least we've never fled ahead of a hurricane or tornado.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all who have been touched by this yr.'s hurricane season.
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 04:42 PM   #25  
BELIEVE!

Hi Beautiful Ladies!
Last night I had a wonderful workout - an hour of deep-water aerobics and 20 min of lap swimming. Tonight I am going to the gym for my 2nd orientation session which will consist of cardio, arm strength training and stretching. Food has been pretty darn good! I really need to go grocery shopping which would help even more.

I have to abstain from the 1 pound challenge this week because I honestly don't know where I was last week. The last time I reported in I was 295.8, then I went up with my TOM, today I was 296.2. So, I gained and lost some, planning on going no where but down from here!

Opps, gotta wrap up work and get outta here.
Later gals!
Old 09-14-2004, 08:45 PM   #26  
BELIEVE!

Where is everyone hiding today?
Old 09-14-2004, 09:14 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrinabgood
Sounds like a good plan, Redswirls! Only, don't say "I hope to...," Say I WILL drink plenty of water, exercise on the treadmill for 30 minutes and eat about 26 pts on WW!!

Ah, yes Kat...I WILL...and I DID. Today was a great day!!

More in a sec...
redswirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 09:53 PM   #28  
Christine

S/C/G: 340/328/150

Height: 5'4"

Post Greetings and Felicitations

Hiya everyone,

Sorry I am so late posting, been gone since 8 am this morning to work and just got home after my bowling league night ( 99, 132, 102) My average is currently 102 so I did really well tonight, although my team got our collective butts handed to us by losing each game...

At any rate, been a long day and I need to jump in the shower and head to bed. I ate very well until after bowling...stopped at Friendlys and got ice cream for all of our family. Oh well, it tasted good.

Have a great night ladies.

TTFN
eddies_heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 12:42 AM   #29  
Determined

Hey everyone! I need a scale!! Argh, we're almost out of food so we should hopefully get one soon. I'm looking forward to running out of food because this time I'm getting TONS of fruits and veggies and finally working on my darn eating habits. With no "real" hurricane impending we can finally get food that needs to be refridgerated.

Day 8! I think I may try to keep count somewhere of each day I do. I also need to look up exactly how many "Days" it is said to do something before it becomes a "habit". Otherwise I'm just looking to keep working out every day until halloween - and once I make it there I'll be damn happy.

Skittles - Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely keep that in mind. I should probably start my goal of trying a new meal weekly as well - specially veggetarian meals.

j-ann - sorry to hear that your friend had to go in such a way

Chris - I love bowling! I want to go again Its been a while, its only the best bowling alley is about 45 minutes away sadly. We used to go weekly when I was in high school for their "Galatic Teen Nights" so much fun .. such an easy way to socialize and goof off all night for a cheap cost

This is silly but - My boyfriend just reached 130 lbs today (all his life he's been extremely skinny, not anorexic [at least it seems] just not a very healthy eater and did a lot of drugs ) and the fact that he's trying to get healthier and gain weight to a normal level actually encourages me greatly. He's always had such a hard time gaining weight no matter how much food he ate and was always really insecure about it. Just shows that there are two sides to every spectrum. Recieve inspiration from all areas!
cdtobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 12:55 AM   #30  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Just dropping in to see how everyone is doing. My life was so pleasantly boring today! I did a bit too much yesterday and had to spend most of today concentrating on not annoying my knee. So, I decided to get started on one of my Christmas gift projects. Since I am well known in these parts as being the anti-craft girl, you should all be surprised when I state that this project has to do with paints and brushes! I chickened out at the last minute on painting on the actual surface I'm supposed to be doing (a chalkboard), but did make some really pretty bookmarks to give out as thank you's to everyone who has helped with meals and such. If you look closely enough, you can actually tell they are supposed to be flowers. I was rather proud of myself.

Judy, I was so sorry to read about the loss of your friend. *HUGS*

I've got to get to bed. The last hour was spent helping edit an essay for my daughter. It is so hard to not just fix the mistakes and move on instead of pointing them out to her and letting her come up with the solution. Adam and I are getting up early in the morning to get me to physical therapy, and then we are going to goof off, hopefully meet up with one of my sisters, and then go see a movie. I saw Hero before it's release in the states, but I really, really want to see it on a big screen! Adam has to work that evening, so the rest of the day is going to be pretty quiet.

BTW, frozen peaches (no sugar added) sprinkled lightly with a mix of cinnamon, cloves, ginger, etc., and topped with a tablespoon or two of FF Cool Whip makes for an incredible dessert!

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote