Old 09-08-2004, 12:23 PM   #16  

Default Hi!

I am new to the board...can I join in on the group?
redswirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 12:41 PM   #17  
Syn
ONE BITE AT A TIME*Loser*

Hello One & All,

This is me Syn, the sinner, for not contributing more and being a giant pain in the backside. I have decided to confess and admit to why I have been absent from the forum for so long....I truly do MISS my old & new buddies on here....but alas I suffer from this stupid depression which just isn't responding as it should to the meds...But I am doing somewhat better again. I am keeping the little weight I did lose off but as I said previously the needle seems stuck on the scale...it just doesn't want to move!! lol

Now my depression isn't a pity party or anything dramatic, it is just the really crappy feeling that nothing really matters....so why bother....unless you have ever felt this horrible way and can't shake it and it lasts more than a day or two ...you can not relate to what I am saying here.

My best animal friend, Simba, is really sick and has been to the vet twice. It appears it is a problem with his liver ....more blood work was done today. He isn't eating and barely drinking...Love that dang cat ....*sighs*

Anyway I like reading about how good some of you are doing on the "challange" Congrats to 2cute, Thin, & Angela. Keep it up! YEAH RAH RAH!!

Blessings and Love to all...
Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 01:46 PM   #18  
Dancing those pounds away

Welcome Redswirls !!!!!! Of course you can join in. We love newcomers.
I saw you posted your bio ... but I have not gotten to read it yet.
Jump right in and learn as you go.

Syn... I had suffered from depression for many years... off and on.
I do know that for me if I cut back on my carbs it does help me immensely. Also caffeine.
I also know that getting out of the house and become active helps too.
And the best thearpy is helping others.
Have you ever heard of Emotions Anonymous.?? You can read their book. It is a simple read... and I got my first copy from the library. It is free. But then I like marking in my books so I bought my own.
I am happy that I don't have it too much anymore... well ...unless I get into lots of carbs. Carbs seem to drug me. Also.. hormone crap causes depression.
Anyway... just know we are here for you. And we wish you would post more to help us. Newcomers need people to welcome them. Oldtimers need to know people care too. GET INVOLVED again and maybe you will find it helps.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 09-08-2004 at 03:37 PM.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 04:04 PM   #19  
You and Me in 2003

Count me in 1 lb. by 9/15
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 06:28 PM   #20  
a work in progress...

Syn...I'm sorry you're feeling funky and not up to posting. Maybe it's time to try a different medication? I know different people who have gone through several different anti-depressants before finding the one that works for them. Talk to your doctor. Cnngrats on MAINTAINING your loss. Geez, I think I could gain weight just by THINKING about going off my diet! And please don't feel as though you are a pain in the *** here! It's good to hear from you when you DO pop in! BTW...how's the fella? Take care and get yourself well.

Welcome, REDSWIRLS! Cute name! Join the party!

Congrats to all you LOSERS out there...Angela, 2cute, Thin...I hope I didn't miss anyone...ah, you know who you are!

I'm off to make dinner. Has anyone tried sweet potato chips? I'm making them again tonight, because I didn't make enough last night and dh and I were clamoring over them! Heat the oven to 450. Slice sweet potato (or 2) into thin rounds. (I didn't peel, just scrubbed) Spray cookie sheet well with Pam. Place rounds on sheet and spray with Pam. Bake about 10 minutes, turn, bake 10 more minutes or til somewhat crispy. Salt 'em up and Eat 'em!

I'm hungry...gotta go!
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 07:09 PM   #21  
BELIEVE!

Hi Wonderful Ladies!
A quickie post here.....gee I feel like that is all I do these days. Sorry. I feel like I am constantly in a rush anymore. I know a lot of it is just feeling non-stop stress, but I am making steps to improve.

Guess where I am going tonight??? The YMCA (come on - dance with me) I officially joined and tonight is my first class - I am taking a Deep-Water Workout class on Mon and Wed nights. Then this Friday I have an orientation in the gym. Yay!!! Making the right changes in my life.

Sadly, I did not meet me one pound goal this week. AF showed up today and with her has been a couple days of bloat! UGH! I want to do nothing but crawl in bed. But - no way. I am going to move this bod!

I WILL lose a pound (hopefully more) by 9/15!!!!!!!!

I love you all and will be back tomorrow - hopefully with more time!
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 08:10 PM   #22  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Ok, joining in on the next challenge is a toughy for me because I can't get to a good scale all that easily (I still have that flaky one at home... yeah, I should have thrown it out ages ago...). Instead of doing the 1 lb., anyone mind if I opt for staying OP until the 15th? That means I will stay within my 4 proteins, 4 fruits, 4 veggies, 4 starches, 3 dairy, and 3 fats. I have trouble promising to keep up 19 glasses of water just because that is an awful lot of traveling back and forth to the bathroom on these silly crutches! If I stick to my food plan, I should still be under 300 for my birthday. That is really important to me!

I think I'm back out of pity party land again. I read and took to heart advice offered here, as well as some advice from my sweetie. He reminded me of how hard I always work on losing weight, then as soon as an injury comes along (yes, there have been quite a few setbacks), I allow myself to slip back into my old ways and gain it all back plus a few pounds for good measure. He basically gave me a good and I NEEDED it! Of course, I had a decent bit of feeling even more sorry for myself first, but I really did get over it.

One of the toughest things for me to handle right now has been eating on plan, because I haven't been able to go shopping. I swallowed my pride today and had Adam drive me to Wal-Mart. I actually put my backside in one of those little carts, and we bought things that I need instead of convenience foods for everyone else. Putting my needs right up there with those of my family made me feel pretty good. Driving the little cart still left me feeling like a dork.

Enough about me! Kat, wanted to say thanks for posting the But Why? Terri, wanted to tell you thank you for posting all the way through your struggles earlier this year when your foot was injured. Those images have kept me going so many times when I wanted to give up.

Whew! Almost lost my post! I'd better get this thing up before the luck faerie takes off for the evening.

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 09:06 PM   #23  

Quick question for you ladies...

Which has been your first priority when trying to get back on track...changing your food choices or adding regular exercise?

Today I debated that question. I am not following any particualr diet. I 'know' when my eating is crappy or excessive (ususally haven't cared though). I want to reduce portions and maintain about 1400-1500 calories a day, drink water, and add more fruits and veggies. I think adding exercise is crutial to my success. But is it too much to do both at once? My guess is if I work out, I will take more ownership over my food choices. Any thoughts or approaches that have worked for you?
redswirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 09:37 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

Not much time tonight. My laptop started acting funky tonight and I've been frantically copying files to CD's just in case its the hard drive.

I've got to walk the dog soon.

Andria - Thanks for mentioning my foot. I've been thinking about you and your injury. I just haven't had the presence of mind to get it in writing. It was important to me to get through the injury without it being just another reason to give up on losing any weight. I also needed to prove to myself that I could lose weight without having to beat myself to death with exercise. I'm glad to see you're determined too. And yes, you certainly can focus on achieving behaviors instead of a 1 pound loss. Anything we can do to help keep you moving in the right direction.

Welcome Redswirls!!!

Okay, I better post this and get the dog walked. He's bugging me and I'm about to put a foot up his butt.

to everyone else!

Good night!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 09:39 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Redswirls - Anything you feel comfortable doing - the main issue is making changes you can live with and it not get overwhelming. WW used to focus on food changes the first couple of weeks or so and then introduce exercise. The key is what you can handle each day. Don't worry about being perfect every day.

Good luck!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 10:55 PM   #26  
a work in progress...

Redswirls...

Good advice there from Terri...but just a thought...when I'm exercising, I aways feel so accomplished having done that, that I just don't want to "Blow It" by eating poorly.

Exercise and healthy eating go hand in hand!

Good luck!
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 07:28 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 325/

Height: 5'8"

Default "I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date." White Rabbit

Hi all,

Just checking in, I haven't had time to read or post so.... I am doing a quick post and then go back and read later. And then repost. Just been a busy bee here. Work is crazy, went on a trip suddenly and oh my goodness, just so much stuff.
On a good note or bad note not sure which, I lost 1/2 pound. But I had a weekend of travel and fast food. So, not the goal, but not a gain. Well I hope everyone is well. I will try to get back here today, but if not, I am thinking about ya'll.

Take care,

Skit
Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 07:31 AM   #28  

Smile

I am doing my job plus another one this week for someone on vacation. TIME is a big issue!!!!

I have been trying to start an "accountablility" list so I can post on the Weigh-In Thread.

My one sister had another "mini" stroke. Some of you know she had one last year. Actually, it is rather weird because she had it a year ago almost exactly on the same day!!!!!!!!!! She is going through a lot of tests and was put on some relaxing medication. They didn't keep her in the hospital, however.

Off to work!!!

PS: I have been doing WATP tapes and an aerobic one.

Oh, on weigh in for the challange I was up 1.5 lbs but as of today I am down 2!!! Go figure!
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 07:34 AM   #29  
You and Me in 2003

HI all welcome redswirls
we have a water leak in the front yard. Have to get it checked out this morning.
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 08:03 AM   #30  
Falling, but fighting...

Default Weigh In

Oops I missed reporting my weigh in for Tuesday, but here it is...I was down 1 pound from the last challenge, but up 1.5 from my Saturday weigh in a WW. So I did technically meet the challenge. I am trying to recoup from the bad weekend/holiday eating and seeing some success. I am also up for the next challenge. Hopefully, I will get the other 1.5 off by weigh in at WW on Saturday.

I am exercising daily at Bally's and/or home and started to feel more together. Isn't that strange. I tend to feel more together when I stick with being good....HMMMMM?

Congrats to everyone on their losses.

Syn: Please stop in more often. Sorry to hear about Simba.

Gots to run!

Susie
SusieH is offline   Reply With Quote