Old 09-02-2004, 01:28 PM   #31  

Hi all--

Well, it's Thankful Thursday, so what am I thankful for? I'm thankful for this wonderful man I'm in love with even though we're "just friends." Had such a nice time with him last evening, but... and here I have to depart from thankfulness and go to self-recrimination... I drank too much, both imbibing way too many calories and too much alcohol. And having to be driven home. And now I'm hung over. Sigh. Have resolved to get occasional alcohol binges under control even if I can get nothing else that way.

Thin: Best of luck to hubby. I know the deserving don't *always* win, but they have to sometimes.

Christine: Hi, and welcome. I'm a relative newbie myself. In my own experience, two things have helped me with emotional eating. One is to tell myself that I can choose to do either thing--eat to make me feel better or not--and that the latter is actually the nicer thing that I "deserve" since I deserve to be healthy and happy. The other is to find some other nice thing to do for myself. In the bigger picture, though, I think if you're eating because it helps you cope, you need to address the core issues that require coping with. For me it was getting out of a very bad, dependent relationship. Instead of eating all my anger at my ex, I had to express that anger and change my life.The year I did that I lost 75 pounds, but then I allowed new stresses to take the place of that relationship. So now I'm working on ALL the stresses that I can either eat or deal with, and trying to deal with them so I won't be tempted to try to eat them away. (It doesn't work, anyhow.)

Debra: Hope you come through Frances unscathed.
Angela_aka_Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 04:57 PM   #32  
a work in progress...

Default Howdy!

What a glorious day here! 80 degrees, low humidity, sunny, blue skies...HEY! What the heck am I doing inside on such a day? Well, checking in here...see how my chicks are doing and then I'm outta here! It's a great day for a bike ride, come on, Terri! Let's hit the bike path! I have about 3 hours to do with as I please...dh just brought son to practice and is off to work from there. Son will be fed by team moms after practice, so I don't need to get him til 8....freedom!

WELCOME, Christine! Make yourself at home! Good luck in your efforts with South Beach. I have done the first two weeks also, but when it came time to integrate the carbs back in, I blew it too. I'm sure I was thinking, "Well, I've been good for two weeks, I DESERVE this!" Oh really? And I deserved the weight I gained back for that kind of thinking! I've come to realize that this weight losing business is very simple really: Eat less, Move more. That's all there is to it! Okay, maybe I should modify that to "Eat a moderate amount of high quality protein, vegetables, fruit, and whole grains while avoiding the "whites:" flour, sugar, rice, potatos (*sob*) AND move more!" That one's a little wordy, though. At any rate, welcome to our little cyber family, just jump right in and join the fun!

Debra, Good luck with the storm. I sure hope that it passes you by!

Skittles, good girl, avoiding the pizza! That's what I'll do sometimes...decide which food is more 'important' for me to have, instead of having it all!

2cute... Back on track! You go, girl!

Thin... Prayers for Mr Thin's job comin' atcha!

Angela...I just had to say, don't waste your time on self recrimination. It doesn't change a thing, only makes you feel bad about yourself. Stick with the thankfulness and keep that in mind the next time that you want to "over indulge." {{{{hugs}}}

j-ann...You are doing so well! You are on a roll, young lady!

Andria...How are you feeling today? What a bummer. How did it go with the doctor? *I'm fluffing a pillow for you to prop your leg upon*

Hi, to everyone else...I'm taking much longer here than I wanted to...I need to get my butt outside!

Later...

Last edited by katrinabgood; 09-02-2004 at 04:59 PM.
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 04:58 PM   #33  
Christine

S/C/G: 340/328/150

Height: 5'4"

Post Good Afternoon Ladies!!!

Hiya,

Thank you SOOOO much for the warm welcome!! I will check out everyone's bios. a bit later.

Wow, I love the banter and the amazing amount of support and friendship that simply oozes from every post!!! I feel like y'all are just in the next room!
I have needed to find a place like this forever. DH is wonderful, my soulmate and all that, but being 6'2" and 140 lbs soaking wet, with a metabolism of a hummingbird, he simply will never be able to truly understand my lifelong battle of the bulge, as supporting, understanding and loving as he is.

Today was an okay day. I am looking forward to getting back on track with SB diet...I have finally figured out that carbs taste great, but I feel so much better when I eat more protein...more energy, more full, less logy and no cravings.

Well, gotta run. My 2 1/2 year old wants to eat. Have a great night!!

TTFN,

Chris

eddies_heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 05:07 PM   #34  
Christine

S/C/G: 340/328/150

Height: 5'4"

Wink Oooops...Thankfulness

Hi again,

I forgot...Thankful Thursday. I am thankful for this place and all of you. I am incredibly thankful for my beloved DH and my two kids, Shayne and Jenniah. I am thankful that while I am overweight, I am relatively healthy and working on losing weight. Last but not least, I would be incredibly thankful to anyone who can develop a way to make broccoli taste like a Whopper w/cheese and spinach like Friendly's Forbidden Chocolate ice cream.

Chris
eddies_heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 06:26 PM   #35  
Determined

First off, big hugs to everyone!

This week I'm thankful for many things (as always).
I'm thankful that I'm hopefully getting my new work out videos soon
I'm thankful that when I accidentally told my boss about my weightloss adventure - she got so happy and excited for me, I was happy I told her rather than regretting.
I'm thankful for therapy - its really helping me a lot.
I thankful for reallly winddyy and nice cool storm weather! I just dont want Hurricane Francise to harm me! But it can give me alll the wind it pleases.

I'm having some stresses.. and have been working longgg days..so I'm a bit worn out. But today I'm proud of myself because I rode a different bus so i could be lazy and not walk .... only to get off 3 bus stops early and just walk a mile anyway! I felt guilty and made up for it.

I'm so very tempted to buy some pizza tonight (our fridge is empty and I've had a long 12 hours day ) .. but I've been doing pretty badly in the food department lately, so I'm trying to convince myself not to. But jeez, I'm SOOOO hungry. I'm eating some applesauce to hold myself off until I make dinner..

I hope all of you have a had a good week, and will have a good weekend! Warm thoughts towards knees and husbands, and those of us needing to get back on track. And a welcome to Christine I'm a newbie too, so don't feel alone!

Oh yeah, I'm thankful for nice gentlemen who help you when you're about to fall on a bus! And thankful that my boss let me off 10 minutes early (though .. that hardly makes a difference one 12 hours ;p)

Get moving!
cdtobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 07:48 PM   #36  

Thumbs up

I am THANKFUL to be home.

Welcome, Christine.

I will report in on my good and NOT so good food while in the cities tomorrow. I am so tired - I did get to the Mall of America. I felt sad. I miss my former life.

Oh, well. I will have a better prospective after some sleep!!!

LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 10:03 PM   #37  
Michigan Old-Timer

Do Not Post Here. Follow us to "300+ And Ready To Try Again.....#564".

See you there!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote