Old 08-28-2004, 01:45 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#562

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 03:20 PM   #2  

Hi all--I'm such a lousy support group member, I pop in here once every couple months and read about everyone's ups and downs and wish I were more regular so I could keep up and offer real encouragement. I've been coping with a lot of drama--my estranged hubby moved from PA to IL (I've been in IL for 4 years), and other events in my life have been similarly stressful, at the same time that the new school year started (and all the work I was supposed to have done over the summer remains undone). I've been hanging in, not really gaining weight back but not making a lot of progress, either --a half-pound or a pound at most a week. I really wanted to be under 300 by now. But I guess all we can do is keep on keeping on, huh. I know I've got to get serious about exercise.

The 2-pound challenge sounds like it's been motivating: Good luck everybody!

Judy: Belated CONGRATS!!! I'm so jealous.
Angela_aka_Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 07:01 PM   #3  
Lisa

Talking

Hey beautiful chickies! I'm here - finally . I've been home, but haven't had any time to check in with y'all for a few days. Geez, the things I've missed! I have about five threads I have to catch up on reading

Things have been okay - same old same old. Nothing new and exciting to tell at all. Just wanted to pop in and say "hi" and that I'm thinking of all you.

OMG I'm such a liar - I did buy an exercise machine . My sister bought it a few years ago and they just never used it so she was selling it at her garage sale. I got it for $50. Can't beat that! It's an Ellipse by Nordictrak. I can do it, though not for very long yet . My butt and legs just can't handle it. Guess I'll have to keep on workin' it. We put it in the family room right behind the couch, in plain sight of my chair so that each time I sit down I have to look at it and listen to it calling my name . But, then again, when have I had time to sit in my chair?! Anyway, I'm hoping that I'll get the gumption to use it more often.

Better scoot, gotta check an auction on ebay that's ending soon . I'll try to get back with personals soon.

Love and to all!
ljs1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 12:23 AM   #4  
Dancing those pounds away

Peeking in. I hurt my leg or hip or something Thursday.
Could barely get in and out of car Friday.
Saturday morning... I cried just getting up from the kitchen chair.
I have done NOTHING all day. Hopeing it will get better with rest.
Tonight seems better... but then again... I am not moving and taking pain pills. LOL

Nothing to say tonight. Just wanted to check in. I like it when you guys check in even if you don't have anything special to say too.
Good night.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 08:34 AM   #5  
a work in progress...

Default Checking in with nothing to say...

I'm just waiting for the coffee to brew. I told dh yesterday that I wanted a coffee grinder for Christmas...which, as I understand it, is now 3 months and 28 days away...he brought one home yesterday anyway. So my Kona Roast is all ground up and brewing as I type. MMMMM

Today is my son's first official football game of the season...and it's going to be 90 degrees. There is something just WRONG about watching, let alone playing football in the blazing heat. It need to be nippy and brisk outside and we should wear sweaters to watch...like the beautiful Aran wool sweater that my sweet girl brought me home from Ireland! The 'homecoming' has been a whirlwind of activity...After she spent a decent amount of time with us, she was off to her girlfriend's house for a "Welcome Home" party. Same thing last night. Off to school today. This oughta be fun...after sitting in the blazing sun for the game, we get to haul all her stuff off to school! Whoopee!

So, I'd better get moving.

The official weigh in is on Tuesday, correct? CAN'T WAIT!!

'
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 09:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!

A beautiful morning here. Finally sunshine and no rain!

I allowed myself to have a totally lazy day yesterday. It was the first day in a long time where we didn't wear ourselves out doing stuff.

We did run a few errands in the late morning. We hit the farmers market and loaded up on veggies. After that we took a ride to look at a new place to board the horses in case things don't go well at our current place this fall. I didn't like it as well as our current location. But then again, our whole area is covered in mud so its hard to like anything. We drove around the back roads for awhile. We like road trips.

After a small lunch, we watched Cold Mountain. I've had the DVD from Netflix for almost two weeks now but with all the late nights and Olympics, no time to watch. I loved it and I hated the ending. But it was a great movie. We also have Master and Commander and In America to watch.

We had naps and then went out to take care of Ginger's foot. We had to take the plate off, clean the mud off and soak it. Thank goodness she's a tolerant horse. She's not limping anymore so I'm thinking I may ride her this week for small amounts of time around the hay pasture.

After that, DH made dinner while I stretched out in the recliner to watch Olympics and play on the computer. I decided to see what I could find on Ebay.

I have resisted buying the Cardio Strip Tease even though I did check it out. I resisted the $38,000 complete gym too that I saw.

I do have a bid on a black saddle though. And I'm watching another one. The first ends in 6 hours and I'm currently the high bidder. I feel the pull to stay glued to the computer for six hours to see how it ends! The other ends on Monday night.

This could be the start of something evil!

I better go hit the shower so we can go to church. Since I was lazy yesterday, I have work to do today. And exercise. I'll report back later on how I did.

Have a lovely Sunday!

Oh. And 2Cute. Thank goodness I didn't get up to see Mars! Too funny! Hope your leg is better today!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 10:25 AM   #7  

Smile

Okay, I can see we are headed for trouble here!!!!

I too am watching Ebay for my bid on Oxycise. It won't be long and we will have to start an Ebay Support Group thread!!!!!!!

Visiting with my uncle and other numerous relatives was fun. I always have a difficult time with some of them because they are my Mom's relatives and some of them haven't always treated me very nicely. L O N G story having to do with my Mom's death. Anyway, I always end up getting very emotional.

It is COLD here - only 50. I didn't get to bed until 1:30AM ( I know that's early for some of you, 2Cute) so I didn't get up early and walk. I will get it in sometime today because I don't have anything I have to do today. Well, exercise but other than that I am free to be me!!!

I did a probably stupid thing and bought some scrap booking stuff - CHA CHING!!!!!

Yippee - coffee is done!!!
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 12:08 PM   #8  
BELIEVE!

Hello Ladies!
Sounds like everyone is staying busy and having a nice weekend. Nothing exciting going on here. Yesterday we ran some errands, did a few odds n' ends around the house. Did some toning exercises, worked in the yard for a lil bit. Been lazy this morning, not sure what we are going to do today. Probably not much.

2cute - I sure hope your hip/leg feels better. Will you be getting your cute self to the Dr?

Lisa - Great buy from your sis on the machine! Before long your butt and legs will be able to take it....lil bit at a time!

Kat - I'm with you. Football today just doesn't seem right.

Terri - Good for you having a lazy day yesterday!

Lucky - Sounds like I need to join everyone and get to checking out E-bay again. It's been awhile since I've bought anything....

Angela - You have a lot going on. Take it one day at a time and we are always here if you need to talk!

I know those were short responses, but I am going to get outta here for now! I'm thinking of you all!!!

Talk to you later.
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 12:37 PM   #9  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Hi!

Hot and sticky here. Dew pt. is above 70. We're expecting big storms as the cold front come thru later. We lost power yesterday with an afternoon storm for about 2 hrs. Power came back just as we we lighting the grill to cook dinner.

I'm just going to sit around hope that this sweat is excess water that needs to escape my shrinking body and that it will help show a loss at WI. (Dream on Judy.)

Have a good afternoon. I'll be back later.
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 04:16 PM   #10  
I'm on my way!

Good afternoon...

Just checking in again. We spent the past week finishing up the painting and cleaning. The realtor is coming over at 5:00 today to sign the papers. The house officially goes on the market tomorrow morning!! I sure hope it sells fast! I am ready to go! John is still waiting to here about the transfer, the one store didn't take him but he is working with 2 other stores in the area. He is going whether Lowe's takes him or not. He says he will get a job when he gets down there! I just wish I could take my daycare mom, my job and my neighbors with me!

Well on the diet issue...I re-joined WW last sunday and weighed in for the first time today and lost 6.2 lbs. I even ate McDonald's breakfast yesterday! Well, an egg mcmuffin and half an orange juice. I gave the hashbrown to Andrew since he loves them so much! I sacraficed the sausage and egg for the regular one with canadian bacon. Killed me but the results were more satisfying on the scale! I am sticking with the points plan because if I could eat till I was satisfied then I wouldn't need to be on WW. I eat not because I am hungry but because its there and I like it!

With that said...has anyone tried the 100 calorie packs by nabisco? I love the oreo cookie ones and only 2 pts a pack. I havent tried the others yet. My walmart only had the oreo ones!

Well I gotta scoot and run the vacuum before the realtor gets here.

Barb...yes we will have to get together before I leave the state. If you and Kat want to come here on the 11th we are having a small cookout for Andrew for his birthday, you guys are more than welcome! I would love to see you again and anyone else that can make it for that matter!

TTFN Michelle
MichelleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 04:49 PM   #11  

Yeah! We "won" our saddle. Which always makes me laugh because when I think of "won" it doesn't mean that I have to pay for it.

We got a used once saddle for $105.50. In the store, it would sell for $300.

Now, I'm waiting to see if I get the Weight Watchers Slim Ways for Chicken cookbook. Just a little over an hour left. OH MY! Only $3.75.

Ya'll are going to have to quit talking about Oxycise or else that's something else I'll have to buy. And I don't really need to buy any more exercise tapes.

I think I'm off to weedeat and enjoy being outside.

Toodles!
Old 08-29-2004, 09:11 PM   #12  
debra

Hi all,
Sounds like we all have common interests here, it' s cool reading about your day, sounds like mine a lot of the time. Ok, you can see I am new to Chat boards.
I found the recipe thread today, am printing all of the ink out of my deskjet to capture them all! Terri, you had a pile of them!
Good going on the auctions you guys. There is so much good stuff to be found. I'm a designer purse junkie. I can find my favorites on E- any day of the week.
I haven't checked for the 2lbs yet..I'll weigh tomorrow. i cooked out toinght, ribs, dawgs, and burgers. Ate just one burger and a dog with no bun...drank enough water to kill a frog. DH will have leftovers for tomorrow..he is a non-cooking boy.
Back to work. We didnt get any rain off the tropical storm, but here comes another one right behind that one. And we are off to the beach for Labor Day...ohoh!
Did this one other time in September, and was alone in a resort hotel on Hilton Head island with a sand storm so violent that the hotel pool got an inch of sand in it. Those off-seaon rates were great though!
well, nighty nite.
Have a good week everyone!!!
Debra
dgrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 09:42 PM   #13  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Power went off again today. It hadn't even started to storm yet so, I napped! Electric came back on 4 hrs later. I think I'm all caught up on sleep for awhile, especially with no more Olympics to keep me up late.

Off to the shower, then bed.
Nighty-nite.
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 10:09 PM   #14  
BELIEVE!

Hi Ladies -
Just popping in before bed. Turned out to be a fairly lazy day. However, tonight I got Hubby to go for a walk with me. We took two of the dogs with us. DH and one dog gave up part-way into the walk, but that's ok - I told him it was a good start and I was proud of him for going with me. Then I continued on and tood a more difficult route than usual with a couple good hills. It felt great. We had dinner after it and I realized that after going on such a nice walk and feeling energized I ate much less!

I was well on my way for the 2 pound goal, but fret that I blew it over the weekend. I have such a difficult time on weekends! No matter what though I am not giving up!!!

Ok, going to do a few things to get ready for tomorrow and hitting the bed. Have a wonderful night!
Love Ya!
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 10:58 PM   #15  

Well, I'm really disappointed. DH would not let me bid on a black PVC mico-mini fetish skirt.

It will be a blessing to go to work tomorrow. I bought a Cold Mountain DVD, a pair of Eddie Bauer jeans in size 18 (inspiration to keep working hard), and the WW cookbook.

I was surprised to see all the new WW 2005 program starter kits. I didn't think you could buy the starter kits without being a member but guess so. One person had a whole bunch of them for sale. You'd think WW wouldn't be thrilled with it.

I did do something today besides sit with my face glued to ebay. I did get all the weedeating done and took the dog for a walk. Even a few loads of laundry.

Time for bed now! Good night ladies!