3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   Book Study/Chapter #9/July 25th to Aug 21st (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/45089-book-study-chapter-9-july-25th-aug-21st.html)

LuckyLadyBug 07-24-2004 11:13 PM

Book Study /Chapter #9/ July 25 to Aug 7th

Greetings to all lurkers and posters. :wave:
This is going to be a new thread topic focused on "studying" Dr Phils The Ultimate Weight Solution
We invite you to read the entire book or take it one chapter at a time, following the discussion within this thread.

Each Sunday we will start discussing a new chapter for that week.
This will be a 12 week program. We hope all of you join in every week.

If you just now found this site... be sure and go back and read all the threads for each previous chapter we did.
If you are joining us late... just go back and read each chapter and add your comments in that chapters thread. Be sure to let us know in the current thread so we can go back and read your comments.

It is recommended you have a pen, pencil and/or a colored highlighter with you as you read.
Mark every word, sentence, phrase or paragraph that hit home for YOU.
Read each chapter as if you are going to be tested .. (You're not going to be tested) ;)
Then come to this thread and share what hit home for you... what you took away with you from that chapter and how you are incorporating it into YOUR life.
Feel free to post often ... you may get a dozen different topics you want to share per each chapter.

I know many can read the entire book in an evening... others will need a week... while some of us may need the entire 12 weeks. There are 12 chapters ... plus a few extra topics at the end. But the idea of this thread is to share what we learned from each chapter and learn from others insights.

You do not have to be a Dr. Phil fan... many here are not. BUT... let's face it... we can all learn something new that just might be what will make a difference.
Each Sunday anyone can feel free to copy and paste this introduction and then start the new study.
Be sure to title it Book Study /Chapter #/ date-date
We are looking forward to reading everyones input. :)

LuckyLadyBug 07-24-2004 11:45 PM

INTENTIONAL EXERCISE

This chapter is going to be my "$hit or get off the pot" chapter!!!! :o

BarbPA 07-25-2004 01:18 AM

It's going to take me a while to catch up, but I bought the book today!!
:o :D ;) :) :dizzy:

LuckyLadyBug 07-25-2004 09:21 AM

Well, jump right in BarbPA :) I have to tell you this book must be working because I dreamt about Dr. Phil last night!!! :lol:

Today I weigh and measure ME !!!

Then, I will be making an exercise plan for this week. (Baby Steps)

Terri in MO 07-29-2004 08:14 AM

I plan on starting Chapter 9 at lunch today. I haven't had any time to read at lunch this week but I have finished Chapter 8.

LuckyLadyBug 08-01-2004 10:49 AM

Should we stay here another week? I know you just got started, Terri.

I certainly could use more time on this one since exercise seems to be my nemesis.

I have some good news. It seems whenever I have one of those "bad" thoughts in my head:

Having pizza won't hurt that much
So what if I skip breakfast

I hear Dr. Phil in my head - so far, he has stopped me from doing anything stupid!!!

Terri in MO 08-01-2004 08:36 PM

Good job Lucky!

And I did finally get started on the exercise chapter. Which in my arrogance thought I had whipped. :lol3:

I was a bit floored by the guideline of 2-3 hours of moderate exercise a week AND 2-3 hours of intensive exercise a week. Every week. Just to keep the weight off. Holy Crap! That's a bit overwhelming.

I see that I've not been doing enough "intensive" exercise. Which is one of the reasons my losses have been so slow and why I've been stalled. Of course, the other reason would be what I eat when I think I'm working out great.

Okay, my challenge for the week will be to see how much of each exercise I really do and how to get to the levels he recommended.

A few more days on this chapter wouldn't hurt.

LuckyLadyBug 08-02-2004 07:46 AM

Horse back riding is exercise!!!!

Terri in MO 08-05-2004 07:41 AM

I finished up this chapter.

What kept punching me in the nose were his comments about how you have to make exercise a priority appointment and keep it. Plan ahead for the week.

I find myself living from day to day anymore. Never knowing what we're doing each day. Which has made it about impossible for exercise at night other than all the barn work and riding I've been doing. That stuff is like yard work, its great for burning some calories but it isn't heart strengthening work.

I have to come to grips with the fact that right now, the only time for good old, fat-burning, heart-pumping cardio work is in the morning before work. I have to make that my first priority of the day.

I also took note of his comments about ramping up the level of intensity. I don't think I ramp up enough. I need to add that to my journal so I can be more aware.

I did get up and do 25 mins of stationary bike this morning in response!

ljs1223 08-11-2004 11:13 AM

Hey gals! Just wanted to let you know that I haven't disappeared from the Dr. Phil. I've just been reading slow! I'm only one chapter behind. If I have any super insights, I'll post 'em. I've just hardly had anytime for anything. Last night I MADE the time and sat in a hot tub and read my Dr. Phil! Now if that isn't dedication, I don't know what is! :D I'll be back :devil:

LuckyLadyBug 08-11-2004 05:37 PM

I can't wait for your "insights".

:comp: