Old 07-13-2004, 10:48 AM   #1  
Lisa

Post 300+ and Ready to Try Again . . . #547

[SIZE=5]God Bless America![/SIZE]

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
Old 07-13-2004, 11:06 AM   #2  
Lisa

Smile

Holy crap - guess I made the font a little too big on the welcome - oh well - it's the first time I've tried to start a new one . . . now I know for next time

I had the fabulous post all done earlier and my computer booted me off boy was I pissed (pardon the language ). The babies are napping and the older kids are watching Sesame Street so I have a few minutes to myself - YEAH!!!

Lucky - to answer your question from loooooonnnnnngggggg ago, yes I was talking about a fall fling at MOA - I think that would be a blast!

My life has been so insanely busy - I am actually looking forward to school starting again in the fall. I was looking forward to summer thinking that it would be laid back, but boy was I wrong!

This weekend dh and I are going on a weekend trip to Duluth. I'm looking forward to the time away with him. We've both been working so hard that we hardly see each other. When the weekend comes I want to be out of the house running around, and he just wants to stay home - don't blame him. So the time alone will be nice.

Diet and exercise have been - eh - lately. I haven't gained any, but in the past two weeks all I've lost is 1lb, course its that tom so I suppose that could have a little to do with it. Total lost is 28 lbs thus far. That's the most that I've ever lost and I'm pretty happy about it. I am still having such a hard time breaking old habits - snacking when I'm not hungry! That's my biggest downfall.

Yesterday was such a crazy day. I know I told you how many kids I had here, but I didn't tell you that I did it all on about 4 hours of sleep. Needless to say, after they all left I was ready to crash. I made supper, took a tubby and HAD A BOWL OF ICECREAM then went to bed.

Sunday night we switched my little guy from his crib to his big boy bed. He did okay with the change, he just liked his new found freedom and kept coming into our room. Then when we shut his door, he stood there saying "help me." At that time I was pretty frustrated, but now looking back it was pretty funny. Finally I just got up with him and snuggled on the couch for about 15 minutes. Then he went to bed okay. Last night was much better.

S'pose I've done enough rambling. I know that I should reply to everyone, but the natives are getting restless and I need to tend to them.

luv y'all have a super day!
ljs1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 12:10 PM   #3  

Smile i'm back

well i had a wonderful visit with my sister and family! i am really going to miss them. she made it to missouri no trouble. she drove alone with the kids and the dog as dh had to be there 10 days earlier,
diet went not bad cosidering kids[those of you with sm. kids i give you credit for trying with kids in the house] i did not gain and we hit dq a couple of times.
barb i am so sorry no baby yet. but keep trying even without trouble it s

ometimes takes a few times!
i am not caugt up yet so i'll just say high to the rest of you.
oh. have to tell about my new baby. 4 legged. a black kitten.she is adorable, she is part siamese. fritz is a bit jealous but it is getting better.
hot and muggy here. makes me feel like a rag. pat
paperdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 12:54 PM   #4  
BELIEVE!

Ack....I finally wrote a nice long post, caught up with everyone and didn't realize I was stuck at the very end of the thread....if you haven't gone back to the previous thread to catch up, please do so, it was busy!
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 03:42 PM   #5  
61.25 POUNDS GONE!!!!

S/C/G: 329/266.75/190

Height: 5'7"

Talking

I tell you what you miss a couple of days and you are a few threads behind!! Everyone seems to be doing really well. Barb I am so happy you and yours are not giving up. I was browsing and saw pictures of some of you gals in the pictures thread is was nice to put faces with names.

My dad still hasn't picked upt he treadmill yet . I hope he does it soon. Thanks you guys for you supportive posts. She hasn't called me since it happened but who knows it could just be ment to be.

I weigh in tonight. I don't know how well that is going to go. I have been so stressed. I haven't been paying much attention to what I am doing. But I have been drinking my water. Lots had lots of water. Sometimes I think I am going to start floating out the door.

We are currently interviewing people for the secretary position so anybody who feels the need to work in Paducah come on down . It wouldn't be that long of a commute. We have only had three so far The first one was the best. One of them was a little strange. So if you know anybody tell them to come on down.

Hope everybody has a good day. I will let yall know how the weigh in goes.

Later Days

Scooter
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 03:46 PM   #6  
You and Me in 2003

My son got home I told him I wanted to hug him before I choked him
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 03:50 PM   #7  
61.25 POUNDS GONE!!!!

Talking

That is good news Mary. Don't choke him too hard just enough to turn him blue for a minute.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:22 PM   #8  
BELIEVE!

Hello Ladies!
Wanted to stop in to say hi before I turn into a bum for a little while. After work I took all the trash out to the street, lugged a table and chairs from the patio around the house to the trash, walked the dog and now just fixed a quick dinner and now I am going to relax a bit. I'll be watching Big Brother and Amazing Race tonight - those are my 2 favorite summer shows.

Food has been good today, I've exercised 2 days in a row! I am slowly feeling a little better!!

Does anyone make their own vinegrette (sp?) salad dressings? Someone gave me a recipe for a red wine one that is very good, but I don't know how long they last? Any thoughts?

Scooter - I hope weigh in goes well!

Mary - Happy to hear you son is home! Don't choke too hard! We don't want anyone else landing in jail!

Lisa - Adorable story about your son! "Help Me"!! Good job on your great loss thus far!

Pat - Welcome back! Glad you had a nice time with your sister!

How's everyone else doing?? Have a wonderful night!

Quick update...DH just went out for something to eat....it will not be healthy! Never is with him! He kept asking if I wanted something - snack, soda, candy, etc....tempting me with all the horrible stuff that I love! Guess what I told him to bring me???? NOTHING!!! Yay for me!

Last edited by BarbPA; 07-13-2004 at 07:24 PM.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:41 AM   #9  
You and Me in 2003

Where is everybody?
I just heard our weather report it is going to be 98 today with a heat index of 110

I have to give a genealogy talk today at another library. Wish me luck.

I didn't choke son I was too happy to see him but I told him I hoped he had learned a lesson. He will always be my baby.

Food has been ok I am trying to stay away from fast food. I have been eatting salads at lunch and eatting one with dinner. We go on vacation in a few weeks.
Thin : we have to plan on where we want to meet.

Hope all of you have a great day.
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 08:06 AM   #10  
BELIEVE!

I'm Here Mary!

Good Morning Everyone! Today is a work at home day! Yay! No getting up and driving over an hour! Not to mention it's suppose to rain again. So, I started some laundry, made some breakfast, I am going to ride the exercise bike for a bit and then start work. I love just walking down the hall and being at "work"!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Jen - Are you out there? I've been thinking alot about you and praying your husband is home safe! Has anyone heard from her?
Old 07-14-2004, 10:40 AM   #11  
61.25 POUNDS GONE!!!!

Talking Good Morning!

We had a great TOPS meeting last night I stayed the same! WooHoo! I had a pretty good night read most of the night. I watched Nip/Tuck last night wasn't one of the better episodes. Hope everybody is doing good.

Well I gotta get back to work! Later

Scooter
Old 07-14-2004, 10:53 AM   #12  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Good morning! It really is a gorgeous morning. I've been longing for the rain I keep hearing all of you talk about, and it looks like some may have made it our way! I was able to head to bed before 10 last night, and I woke up just barely after 6 this morning. I looked out the window and just had to get outside to enjoy the cool air and a good walk beneath a clouded sky. It was a lot more humid than usual (probably a difference between 0 and 10% ), but wow, did it feel good. There was even a perfect breeze to keep the air moving and my skin cooled off.

I was feeling so good, I decided to try something I've attempted only twice since messing up my knee. I not only walked UP the hill behind our house, but I came back DOWN that way as well! I was so excited!!! Up has been ok for a while now, but going down even the slightest slope makes my knee ache still. As of right now, almost an hour later, it isn't aching. The last 8 lbs. is really making a difference!

The reason walking the hill is so important to me is because I set a goal with my dear friend, Tony. The last time he was here, we tried to go hiking in Zion National Park. We stuck to a trail I knew pretty well and knew it didn't have any serious ups and downs, but I forgot how much it rolled. I desperately wanted to walk with him the entire way in, but my knee started to ache about halfway to our destination. So, the two of us have a goal to walk the entire distance by his next visit here. The sooner I can do it, the earlier he will plan his trip. This morning was proof of how much closer I am coming to that goal!

More good news on the weight loss front for me. At my Decision WI yesterday evening, I was down another .5! I was surprised it was down at all because I was obviously retaining water. My feet were actually puffy! I went in expecting a gain, even though I've been keeping my diet rather well. The one thing I still need support on from all of you is to keep eating my foods. It is so easy for me to nibble at something and then let myself get distracted for a good long time. Then it is already time to eat again, and I haven't finished the last meal/snack. Journaling all my foods is helping me to keep more on top of it, plus it makes me more aware of the potential snags along the way. I guess I really need to keep in mind that my poor eating habits, essentially skipping meals and leaving myself in a position where I make lousy choices out of desperation later on, hasn't done me any favors at all. I do have to admit though, it is really hard after all these years to give myself permission to eat some of these foods that have been taboo for so long.

Ok, rambled on for long enough. I've eaten a yogurt and hydrated myself pretty well, and now I'm off to run some errands and get to Curves!

Have a great day

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 11:33 AM   #13  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile

Howdy ladies.
I have been reading and now only have 7 minutes left to reply in so I only hitting posters of this thread. LOL

Barb.. glad you have a day at home work today. That would be nice.
I too have been thinking about Jen constantly. I wish someone knew if she was okay ... and her husband. ????

Mary... glad to see your son home safe and sound again.
Yep... no matter how old they get...they are still our babies.
I feel bad... two days ago I hurt my babies feelings, (son)
I wish I could take it all back... even though he needed to hear it.
It was one of those "this hurts me more than it hurts you" thing.

Andria... I AM SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU !!!
You are doing soooo great !!!! Congratulations on the hill

Scooter ... keep up that water !!! It really does help.
I would apply for your job if it were near. LOL

Paperdoll ... welcome back !!! We have several from Minnesota now.... you guys should have your own get together and then post us pictures,
I am so surprised you guys have high humidity. I always thought it was a southern curse. LOL

Lisa... Thanks for starting this new thread. Keep trying and you will get it right. You can edit mistakes. At the bottom of the post is a little box that says "edit". Just click on that an you can fix any mistakes you made. Just don't hit "delete: If it is the first post of the thread you will delete the entire thread ...not just yours.

okay.. I have gone over on my time... gotta run. bye bye
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 12:47 PM   #14  

Smile

2Cute: What do you mean "a lot" from Minneosta? There are only three and it's a BIG state.

We would have four but Syn left us!!!

And it is humid here - terrible some of the time. It seems we get it all - hot, cold, dry & humid. NOT to mention tornado's and blizzards.

Don't ya all just want to more here now????

AND DON'T FORGET THE STATE MASCOT - THE MOSQUITO!!!!
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 01:30 PM   #15  
61.25 POUNDS GONE!!!!

Talking

LadyBug would you have a conference with your state mascot and tell them to get out of Kentucky?