Old 06-30-2004, 03:55 PM   #16  

Smile

Happy you are doing good Scooter - thanks for letting us know!!
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 01:54 AM   #17  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! Just checking in before hitting the hay. Hope I don't hit the keyboard before that!

I was out on my new job today. What a nightmare! I'm hoping that I get all the kinks worked out pretty quick like because right now it's a pain in the butt! *sigh*

I took my mom with me today so we were able to have a nice visit in the car. I did one of my long routes.

Angela: I'm glad you wrote to Kat about your diabetic experience. I think I will ask my Dr. about Avandia. The Glucophage seems to keep my sugar down, but just to hovering ABOVE the normal. If Avandia would work better, maybe she should be giving me that. * Also, thanks for sharing your story with us. It sounds like you are going through alot right now and have been for some time. I hope all will work out for you in the future. Don't let the Ex try and guilt you into doing what you don't want to do.

Barbg: Hey lady. You've been here too long to still call yourself a "newbie". My goodness, you've been to Oky and back!

Scooter: So glad you checked in to let us know you're doing ok. We were wondering. * Sounds like your TOPS meeting went well. Congrats on the 3 1/4 pounds!!!

Andria: I want to know what Decisions is all about too. Please 'splain it to us. * Congrats on starting the Curves Challenge. I know you'll be coming home a winner.

Tina: Sorry to hear about the ankles. Maybe you could find a little stool that would fit under your desk to put your feet up on while you're at work. Thanks for the Tony Fix. That's what we've been missing around here.

Lucky: I'm glad you found it funny that I will do just about anything for money. I WON'T lie, cheat or steal. The rest I'll leave up to your imagination. Enjoy your family's visit this weekend.

Terri: I like your bartering idea. My BIL built a house years ago and when it came time to have the tile work done is his master bathroom, he traded the work for a grandfather clock that he had made for practice before making a really nice one for himself. It worked out well because he didn't really want to keep THAT clock AND he got the work done for free.

Mary: Glad hubby got home from Michigan safe and sound. He wasn't here very long. Didn't even give you enough time to miss him.

Michelle: You're probably already gone, but if not, have a safe trip to North Carolina. Enjoy!!!

Pat: Neal McCoy!!! How cool is that!!! * Enjoy your visit with your sis. Hope to see you more often once they've gone back home.

Katrina: Seems kind of funny that the Dr. would prescribe meds right off the bat. Did you get the numbers back yet???

Ok, girls, I'm caught up once again. You all have a great night/morning. I'll see ya later. Love ya bunches!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 07:46 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

I posted these two quotes from Dr. Phil on the book thread.

Be willing to experiment and try new things in order to weaken your old habits.

Successful people will do what unsuccessful people won't.

Both of those should be mantras we say to ourselves each day.

Thankful Thursday -

1. I'm thankful for God's influence in my life and his grace.
2. I'm thankful for my family.
3. I'm thankful for the life I lead.
4. I'm thankful for my improved health and physical condition.
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 08:15 AM   #19  
a work in progress...

Default Hello, my chickies....

Praise be...I'm off now til Tuesday night!!! THEN, I'll only work 7 out of the next 14 days before we go on vacation...when I'll be off for TWO SOLID WEEKS. gosh, I love my job!

So...thanks to all for your input on diabetes. DH has an appt TODAY to see an endocrinologist, a lovely woman whom I know from the hospital. I called a different doc first, thinking we'll probably wait at least a month before getting in. His secretary informed me that they don't take our insurance, so the initial consultation would cost $230. I politely told her that I needed to consult with my husband and that I would get back to her, barely hanging up before I burst into laughter! Uh...no. It was between these two docs anyway and I'm really quite glad that we got the second one. She's a sweet, kind woman...smart as a whip, but with none of that DR. ARROGANCE at all....the first one has enough for 10 doctors! She even answered the phone when I called the office for an appointment! She told me to bring him over tomorrow (today) he shouldn't wait with a fasting blood sugar of 250, he needs to be seen now. His glycohemoglobin (HgAIC) was 11. It should be, what...4 to 6, I think? Yep, we got ourselves a diabetic here.

He's got a good attitude about all this. His dad is a semi non-compliant diabetic. Dh told me he was going to show him the RIGHT way to be diabetic! I pray he keeps his enthusiasm and optimism.

I want to do so many replies but I need to nap this morning...just a few hours, PLEASE!

BarbG...Honey, you are NOT a newbie if you're a Spring Fling alumnus! Besides, we need EVERYONE'S opinions around here...this thread belongs to ALL of us, new, old, whatever.

Scooter...Glad to hear that you are doing well AND losing weight! Good girl! Did you have a laparoscopic cholecystectomy? I had mine out years ago, before they did them laparoscopically...OUCH!!! You should see my scar!

Thin...Yes, you should be pushing the D & E

OHhhhh, my eyes are closing...I'll try to catch up later.

Love to all.
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 08:28 AM   #20  
Lisa

Smile

Good morning everyone! Yup, I'm still here and alive Just be SUPER busy - I haven't even had time to read all the posts! I've had kids each day from 7am til (sometimes) 9pm - so needless to say I'm RUNNING! That's been about the extent of my exercise.

Not much exciting to tell, just that I've been lurking and it seems that each time I log on, someone needs me - ah so nice to be wanted and loved huh.

So, are the plans for a northern fall fling yet? I know it was casually mentioned earlier in the spring . . .

Hope everyone is well - and WELCOME to all the new comers that I've missed since being AWOL.

I'm going to go out and enjoy the sun for a little while this morning - gotta empty the pool - it got pretty gross yesterday with all the kids in it - yuck.

Ta ta!
ljs1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 09:06 AM   #21  
Michigan Old-Timer

Morning, ladies! Figured I'd wake up to you all this morning since I went to bed with you all last night. ?????? Boy, that didn't sound good at all!!! Oops!

Katrina: Oh baby, take care of that hubby. Those numbers don't sound good at all. At least the Dr. wants to start with oral meds!

Lisa: Good to see you. You sound like a busy girl! * Yes, plans are underway for the "northern" Spring Fling in 2005. It will be up here in Michigan. The dates probably won't get announced until Christmas or the first of the year like this past one. I think doing it much before that, and trying to commit is just nutts. Most of us won't know if there's a wedding in the family or stuff like that until a little closer. I am going to start doing some "appetizer" mailings soon though so if you would like to be on my "mailing list" to receive junk mail from Michigan please PM me your address.

That goes for any of the rest of you that think you might be interested in Spring Fling Volume 2. If I don't have your address from the Christmas Card list, PLEASE send it to me so you won't miss any of my goofy mailings.

I have been keeping an eye out for Staybridge Suites (girls from this years Spring Fling will understand why ). Nice, nice facilities and there's one not far from here.

Alrighty, I must depart on my day's journey. You all have a GREAT day!!! Love ya bunches.
Old 07-01-2004, 10:30 AM   #22  
You and Me in 2003

I went and exercised this morning I am having lunch with my sister today.
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 01:15 PM   #23  

Smile

Lisa, what Thin said is the one in the Spring but were you refering to the Mall of America one we had talked about before??

I am still game to meet in the fall - unless I marry a zillionaire and we are traveling around the world on our honeymoon then - otherwise count me in.
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 03:31 PM   #24  

Scooter--It's great that you're up and around after surgery... and lost weight too!

Thanks, Barbg and Thinthinker, for your support.

I'm hanging in! Next week I'll head to PA for a few weeks, and I'll likely be AWOL from here (bad internet access at Mom's house), so I'm trying hard to stay focused before I leave, hoping to develop some good habits that I'll hang onto while I'm gone.
Angela_aka_Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 03:40 PM   #25  
Dancing those pounds away

Gee... I have nothing to say lately.
I am here... I am alive ... I am busy.
Not too busy to post... just not in the mood lately.
Honesty is not always pretty.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 06:33 PM   #26  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default Caution: Rant Coming. Read at your own risk!

Have you ever been just going along, minding your own business, feeling pretty decent? Maybe you haven't been stellar in the diet and exercise department but you've bought some new clothes. You've gotten out of the navy blues and blacks for the summer and you're feeling pretty good about how you look? You know, for the most part anyway. A smile on your face. Life is going well and you're feeling it?

And then BAM! Some flippin' little kid comes up behind you and says in a small little voice, "that lady's got a big butt. Hey mommy, that lady's got a bit butt." (you know, like the mother didn't hear it the first time!) And then in an even smaller voice the mother says, "shhhhh".

If this has happened to you, didn't you want to turn around, squat to the height of the little one and shout, "MY BUTT MAY BE BIG, BUT YOUR MOMMA IS A MORON FOR NOT TEACHING YOU THAT COMMENTS LIKE THAT AREN'T VERY NICE!!!!"

But of course, you didn't, you just keep looking straight ahead and prayed that no one else heard the dang kid?

End of rant. I feel better now!
Old 07-01-2004, 08:13 PM   #27  
Progress..not perfection

Wink Thin.... Thin..... Thin.....

I VERY much appreciated your rant and I think I'll add one of my own.

About two weeks ago, my brother and sil were over.... which for some reason, has become an every weekend thing. Anyways, she has two little boys from a previous marriage and they are at the house as well. We're all sitting in the living room, talking and one of the boys comes in and sits down beside his Mom. Well.... I notice he's looking at me for quite awhile, but I'm just pretty much ignoring him. Then, all of a sudden he says, "Aunt Tina?" and I say, "Yeah, Bailey?" and he says, "How come your stomach is so fat?" What do you say to that? "Oh gee.... I didn't know?!" I said the only thing that came to my mind...."It just is." My sil says, "Baaaiileeyy" in somewhat of a disapproving tone. Although I must say I'm amazed she could muster a sound out of that lovely 115 lb. frame of hers. Then to add insult to injury he said, "Well.... you sure are fat." Yep... I'll be inviting them over again real soon. NOT.

So.... I went to the doctor today and he gave me some bp medicine. He wants me to stop taking the Lasix because the bp medicine has water retention stuff in it. He wants to see me back in a month so he can check my potassium levels. Apparently, what he gave me increases potassium and we need to keep an eye on it.

Things are kinda at a standstill right now regarding the WLS because I can't go for my initial consultation with the surgeon I've chosen until I go through his seminar which is not until July 22nd. After dh and I go to that, then my appt. is on July 27th. Oh yeah.... I did talk to my PCP today about it and he thought I had made a really good choice. He said that once I go to the appt. with the surgeon and they consider me a good candidate for surgery, then I have to get back with them and he said he will write a letter of medical necessity that will "take care of" any questions they might have. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Dh is going through this every step of the way with me and I love him SO much for that. He is truly a gem. He went with me to last weeks and this weeks appts. and has already asked for a vacation day so he can go with me to the seminar. My initial consultation is scheduled for the morning so he can go with me there too. He is amazing and NEVER makes me feel less than beautiful.

Oh yeah..... one last thing before I go. We just got a new kitty and he is adorable. Trey named him "Zachary Binks". Don't ask. I have no idea.

Here he is though:

Isn't he a doll?

I WILL pop back in for awhile tomorrow, but just in case I forget to say it, I hope you all have a wonderful July 4th and have a safe holiday weekend.
QueenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 09:18 PM   #28  
You and Me in 2003

Hi all
I had a wonderful day today with my sister. We went out to lunch then went shopping. I got DH 2 hawaiian shirts for vacation and me a capri set and a blouse. She got 2 sunday dresses and some shoes. We don't go out together that often she stays so busy teaching and all.

I did go exercise today. catch all of you later
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 12:27 AM   #29  
Dancing those pounds away

Hello everyone.
STOP !!! Do not reply here....
I am starting the new thread. Please come join in on the next on going thread.... # 543
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote