Old 06-08-2004, 08:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#535

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 08:36 AM   #2  

Good morning ladies!

The alarm went off at 5:20! I did a few pilates then went downstairs to ride with the neighbor. She was the one who said to ride in the mornings at 5:45 because we have to get at it to be ready for September. I would take that to mean every weekday morning. I waited until 5:55 and then I rode by myself. I rode for 45 minutes. She never showed. To be brutally honest, I'm glad. I hope she thinks I'm too slow and won't push her enough. She's 30 and I'm 43. She's about 150 and I'm not. I don't need someone riding on my back wheel to 'push' me. I am deliriously happy to train on my own. She on the other hand keeps talking about someone pushing her and someone who won't let her give up. Well, my dear, that someone is the voice in your head in my opinion. I've never seen her out riding on her own. Her DH has mentioned many times that she'd love to go walking. I've never seen her taking her dog for a walk. I think she's one of those who need someone else to be her discipline. When I go back to work, I'm going to start riding at 5:30 so I can get in 45 minutes and still have time to get ready. She can ride or not. I wonder if we did too many hills and her legs are sore? Sorry, that got kind of rambling and incoherent.

Last night we replaced the garbage disposal. We've never done one before and pray that its the last! Sears wanted $70 to install. Poor DH is not Mr. Handyman. But he persevered and said many words and wanted to throw tools so badly which I didn't blame him because I wanted to too.

The trip to the lawyer was irritating. I signed up for a legal plan through work where you pay each month $16 and you can have all kinds of legal work available. And you can choose from a list of participating lawyers. I thought it was a good deal because we really needed to make wills, powers of attorney and all that stuff just to make it easier for family in case something happens. Not that we have a fortune to disperse. This guy gave us 15 minutes and I had to ask him if he wanted the names of who we wanted as executor and the names of my niece and nephew. Its also weird because DH has kids and I don't. I was really irked when I tried to ask about putting something in that in the event that DH goes first and everything reverts to me and then I go soon, that his kids can have something but at the discretion of my neice and nephew. The lawyer acted like that was so convoluted and confusing that he couldn't understand. I wanted to say if you'd shut up and listen instead of talking and rushing me. I tried to explain that if we had a car wreck and DH died instantly and I died a week later, his kids wouldn't get anything. Then DH asked me why I was trying to cut his kids out. I wanted to hit them both. I just shut up. I did tell DH on the way home that they both treated me like I was stupid. We're getting standard wills, etc for less than the normal $500. But I will not be renewing the service at the end of the year.

I'm not sure what's up for today. My old stylist is coming to the house to cut and highlight my hair. I don't care for the gal she referred me to when she quick salon work. That gal was brutal. Her fingernails felt like nails and she'd dig them in when shampooing plus she'd rip the comb through my hair and catch the earring in my upper ear every time. I like Tracy and she'd done my hair for about 10 years. Although I've never had it done at my home before.

I want to get to the boat sometime today. Yesterday was too busy and windy.

Oh good grief. I just saw a commercial for low-carb yogurt. And there are vitamins for low carb and workouts for low carb.

Thin - Happy Birthday to your baby! for 1.6 gone! And for going to the doctor. You're not alone in the "pushing it" mentality. Its that self-sabotage thing that gets me. We've got to whip it once and for all!

Kat - You're right about the eating. No tricks. No gimmicks. I believe 200% that the South Beach, phase 2, is the most sensible eating plan out there. And its nothing more than eating the lean proteins, healthy vegetables, and controlling the foods that turn to sugar. What amazes is me is that how we (society) are so gung ho about the latest craze but won't pay any attention to proper nutrition. That is what SB and Dr. Phil's food plans are - nothing more than the a good balanced plan. You're working hard! And sounding positive!

Susie - Good job on the exercise. Now just get your eating in control.

Barb - I'm sorry to hear about the IVF process. Damn bodies have a mind of their own sometimes. Keep your spirits up! We love ya!

Andria - Good to see you checking in! Get some sleep!

Have we fizzled out on the Dr. Phil book threads? I was about the only one posting. Are we waiting for 2Cute to come back? Which is fine - I don't want to see us let it fizzle like our past diet attempts. Keep working on it because it does help.

I'm outta here. I need to hit the shower and wake DH up.

Make this a great day!

Last edited by Terri in MO; 06-08-2004 at 08:43 AM.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:47 AM   #3  
Hang In There

Ijust finished pouring my heart out on the Dr Phil thread!

I have my grandson until Wednesday night. We are having our Vacation Bible School at our Church and we wanted him to be able to go with us, and he lives on the other side of town, abut 45 minutes away, so we are keeping him until it's over Wed. night, I't a first for all of us. We;ve had him overnight before, but never this long. He'e taken over my computer, and I'm on the desktop and it's not as comfortable as using the laptop. Oh Well, what we will not do for our kids!

I've got to go to the last thread and catch up on what I've missed, by reading Terri's post, quite a lot.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 12:11 PM   #4  

I am almost back amoung the living. This was a tough head cold. I haven't had a cold in years so I suppose I should be quiet and thankful.

I have to catch up on the posts and Dr. Phil reading - NO, Terri I, for one, am not giving up - just couldn't think clear enough to read since last week.
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 12:12 PM   #5  
I've got my eye on you!

I am sorry I am so behind girls. I am just writing to check in. I haven’t been doing too well. The month of May was definitely not my most triumphant. I haven’t weighed since last time I wrote so I am unsure if I have lost any weight, but I doubt it. That is ok though, because I also don’t think I gained any. I am not beating myself up. My whole weight loss goal comes down to a very simple principle. I tell myself I have to keep loosing, it doesn’t matter how much or how long it takes…and if I hit a dry spell, I have to make sure I don’t gain. That’s it.

Anyway, I know I am not the best support group member lately. Much going on in my house. My mother KantSing has no computer connection right now, but hopefully we will be back on and around much more often.

While I am gone I hope the best days of your past, will be the worst of your future. Keep up the good work.

Big hug,
Blue
BlueHairFawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 12:12 PM   #6  
Michigan Old-Timer

Good afternoon, ladies!

I just finished that paperwork I was telling you about last night. I decided to go to bed instead of doing it and get up this morning and do it.

Ya know, sometimes I think the good Lord has something in mind to hint at us to make the right choice. Have you ever looked at it that way? Maybe I'm stretching, but when #1 Son got up this morning, I wished him a Happy Birthday and then offered to take him out to brunch or lunch. I offered to take him to one of the local breakfast haunts, thinking I wouldn't do as bad with choices there as I might somewhere else. But of course it is HIS birthday so I offered a couple of places and then said "or anywhere else you might want to go." Well, he picked Chineese. I don't do well with Chineese. I love the sweet and sour chicken and that IS NOT very healthy. Anyway, it was only 10:20 so I told him he'd have to wait about 40 minutes because they weren't even open yet. So I did paperwork and he watched TV.

Then at 10:45, his cell phone rang and they told him that the boss wanted him at the manager's meeting. He asked what time and they said 11:00! Nothing like alot of notice! Anyway, that messed up his Chineese lunch......and that was my "sign" that I didn't need to have Chineese today! Sooooo, I went up to the kitchen and grabbed an apple and have downed 3 glasses of water already this morning. A healthy, low point lunch is on the horizon and I'm off and running once again!

Terri: If you want the new chapter for Dr. Phil put up, let me know. We could have both Chapter 5 and 6 stickied up there for awhile if you guys want.

Barbg: I did go over to the Book Thread to read what you wrote. I'm sorry for what you have been through. It sounds like you have a handle on what makes you "tick" as far as weightloss goes. Now you just need to put that knowledge to work for you.

Well, ladies, gotta run. Hair appointment at 2:00! WooHoo! Can't wait!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 12:18 PM   #7  
Michigan Old-Timer

Lucky: Glad your feeling some better. Those nice weather colds are just the worst. You have to get better soon cuz there's probably planting, raking and moving boulders that has to be done on that farm of yours! [[[hugs]]]

Blue: Glad to see you checking in. I hope you won't duck and cover just because you're not doing well right now. That's when you need to be here even more often. As far as your mom goes, maybe you need to loan her your connection so she can be here too. I was hoping that she and I could hook up when she was back here in MI training this Spring. But I think she said May and that's over already. Anyway, if she hasn't been here yet, tell her to stop by and let me know how we can get together.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 01:01 PM   #8  
You and Me in 2003

Hello all . The new girl is wonderful. Food id bad. Sons job is going ok at least he is paying his bills. Can't wait till vacation in August.
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 02:00 PM   #9  
Falling, but fighting...

Default Day 3

Well today is day 3 OP. I fought off the munchies yesterday, which was good.

DH has eye surgery #2 this morning. All is well so far. He is at home probably sleeping and I am at work. He said it hurt, but it is worth it, if after all 7 surgeries he will be able to see again out of the one eye and better out of the other.

Food has been going pretty well. Exercise is good too. I tried reading some Dr. Phil at the Hospital this morning, but I was too tired and nothing was being retained. Will try tonight.

No time to post replies, but hope everyone is doing well.

Susie
SusieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 05:36 PM   #10  
a work in progress...

Default day 2

Day 2...I'm eating well, and I squeezed 30 min of exercise (weights and stretching) in. Feeling strong and positive. Motivated. I would say that my motivation is to do the best that I can each day, while trying to improve from the day before. I was more careful with carbs and fat today...and increased fruits/vegs from yesterday. I'm being realistic. I have to plan to eat this way for the rest of my life.

Okay...off to the showers.
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 09:59 PM   #11  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

I am sooooo tired! When I left here last night to get some sleep, the neighbors up the street decided to start up a drinking binge of a karaoke party. It was super loud and obnoxious, and I didn't get any more rest at all. At least there was an hour to nap this morning before I headed to the other job. I really hate my work schedule.

Food is being good, cravings are at a low ebb, and I'm getting my exercise in at Curves.

I had a thought on the way to my workout tonight. I am only 2.5 lbs. from being 30 down, and I am a bare 6.5 from meeting my first 10% goal. I've been waiting until the 300 barrier is broken, but those both sound like reasons to celebrate as well! I guess I was trying to remind myself that every pound gone is worthy of celebration, not just the big milestones.

I have the munchkin involved in a movie and was thinking there was a chance to sneak in a nap, but she just came up and asked me to make her dinner. Silly child, you would think it was almost 8 o'clock or something... I'd better go be a real mom instead of a sleepwalker. Catch you all tomorrow!

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 10:27 PM   #12  
I'm on my way!

Just popping in with the latest news! We may be moving to the Raleigh area of North Carolina. Kinda neat huh? I am just turning into a gypsy! From Rhode Island to Philadelphia to North Carolina...where next??

Well I finished all three of my final exams, one term paper and one thesis, now I just have to write one more term paper by thursday night! I haven't done anything tonight except look at houses in North Carolina...OMG...twice the house for half the mortgage and an acre of land...how can we not move??? I have a realtor coming tomorrow evening to look at our house to see how much we could list it for. FUn fun!! Then its lets try to get John a transfer to NC with his job at Lowes, I hear there's one on every corner down there.

OK gotta get to bed before my head hits the monitor...we were up till 3 pm discussing this and had to get up at 5:30...don't know how I didn't just drop to the floor by now!

TTFN Michelle
MichelleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 10:53 PM   #13  

Hi ladies!

I just got back from walking the dog. I'm about wiped out. I walked the horse tonight too. Actually, I trotted the horse. I jogged beside her to get her to trot for some exercise. Then I asked the gals that are the real barn managers to show me how to exercise her on a lounge line (long rope). It was good to see her moving so well and she looked good doing it. The animals and I got our exercise in...on top of the 45 minutes I rode this morning.

I'll be getting up early to ride again tomorrow.

Andria - You exhaust me just reading about your schedule. Good grief, how do you do it? i'd die with no sleep. But you're doing great with food and exercise.

Michelle - How did North Carolina come about? Sounds cool.

I'm tired so I'm off to bed.

Good night!
Old 06-09-2004, 09:40 AM   #14  
Hang In There

Yes, I'm interested in how NC came into the picture is DH is not already working there? Do you have family there? Or did you just pick it out of the map and say, "Let's go there?" What about your school, are you taking computer courses that can be done anywhere, or do you have a campus anc classes you attend?

Also, where in PA is the town you are from? I think I may be making a trip to the Scranton area in the near future, like maybe next month, is that close to where you are?

I'm so full of questions this morning, can you tell I have my 6y/o grandson staying with me for a few days?
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 11:09 AM   #15  
Dancing those pounds away

Hey gals... I am back !!!!
My sister is in a regular room and although her daughter doesn't visit her much... I don't feel the need to be there daily for her. She can talk on the phone and is not on deaths door anymore.
I am going to APPRECIATE being home for a few days.

Terri... I have not given up on Dr Phil's book study. I am way behind you but I plan to get back to daily reading either tonight or tomorrow. I will do it even if I am the only one. I am COMMITTED to STUDYING his book.. not just reading it. But I do remember him saying to do it in order so I can't jump ahead to join you. I will start posting in there again tomorrow or tonight.

I don't have time to reply yet. My bills are past due, my house is a mess, I have a ton of things to do today being my first day HOME. I will make time for ME and do some reading of Dr Phil even if it is only 15 minutes. I spent way tooooo much time catching up reading. No time left for replys.

GEE ... it feels GOOD to be home. Ahhhhhhh
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote