Old 05-21-2004, 08:09 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!

I have been busy all week and I'm feeling really great about what I've accomplished. I've been beating myself up for letting things go undone for so long but if I think back I did have a long period of time where I was supposed to be off my feet. Just amazing how fast it all piles up.

Last night was weedeater night. The yard looks good now and some crap cleaned off the deck that DH thought was appropriate just to stash. I could beat him sometimes because it makes more work for me. And YES, I've asked him not to do it but he's a stupid man and does it anyway. So of course too, its HIS family coming and I've been working my butt off while he has moped around with a cold. Never fails. Oh yeah, and I have a frickin' snake that has taken up residence in my rose bush area.

We also took a visit out to the stable where our horse is going to be boarded. We're cheap and only paying for dry lot and feed vs. the stall. Ginger hates being confined anyway. Mom is bringing her up tonight. It has been an ordeal getting her up here but she's finally going to be home. After almost losing her last year, I hope she continues on the road to health and has regained strength enough for me to ride. Which is even more incentive to get more pounds off me.

Kat and Lisa - We could be triplets. I used to be so into mindless eating. Especially when I'm at work and stressed and when I'm at home by myself and thinking I'm bored. That was always my thing - I didn't know what to do with myself as a kid because pulling weeds was not fun or when I was home by myself all summer. I learned how to lay in the chair and watch stupid TV because we lived in the country and no kids close by. I remember mom freezing the Little Debbies. I remember finding them too! And I could never eat just one package. That slug feeling comes on when it is dreary outside. I mope around and want to eat everything in sight.

I also started hiding in my room during my teen years. I was an outgoing, fun kid until I transferred schools between 6th and 7th grade. That is when I started withdrawing. What I remember is hating school and feeling incredibly lonely since I didn't have friends close. And mom and dad had issues so to avoid that, I retreated. And I ate.

I've done very well with food this week. I've had several opportunities where I could have made stupid choices but I didn't. I just didn't feel the need. I was happy with a light chicken caesar salad two days and the other day I ate out, I ordered a chicken and fruit plate. A lot of times, I look at the menu and see all the cheese or mashed or fried ..... or whatever and think I must have that. I didn't even look for that kind of food this week. And I haven't done mindless eating in the afternoon either.

I need to get up and get around. I'm not sure how much I'll be around this weekend as we have no idea what his son's are planning or when we'll get to spend time with them. I'm sure we'll be low man on the totem pole compared to his mom and that grandmother. DH was telling me that their beliefs are that they do what they want, when they want, because their heaven is here on earth and the "other" Christians just aren't living right. Which was a contributor to the second son not having to do anything with his dad for a number of years because DH is one of the "unfortunates." Okay, great, this should be a trip.

I'll drop in when I can.

2Cute - Two more days and you'll be able to relax! You better relax soon and get some rest too!

Hello to everyone!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 10:15 AM   #17  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hello everyone! Thought I would stop in for a minute BEFORE starting my day, rather than at the end of it. Well, maybe I'll be here then too, ya never know.

Today is "the Baby's" birthday. 23 years old. Not much of a baby anymore. Geez, I'm getting old!

I've gotta pull a couple of "bank jobs" this morning and then I think I'll run some errands. I think I told you guys that I got an extra hole put in my ears a couple of weeks ago, so I've been searching for studs that I want to go with other earrings so I have something to put in the extra holes. Honey bought me some garnet drops for my birthday a couple of years ago and so I was looking for garnet studs to go with them. Found some finally that were the right size and whatdoyaknow? I got them home and one of the posts is all bent up. Gosh I hate running back and forth to stores for returns.

I have a whole pile of other returns too that have been making their way to the back of the van. Geez, that is an errand that I absolutely HATE! RETURNS!

What great posts you guys have this morning for me to read. I swear, let me be the Quad to your triplets and twins. I bet by the time everybody checks in we'll be what, Octuplets!!!!! Geez, the hiding, the snitching, the clearing the plates. Been there, done it all.

Mary: So good to see you! Sounds like you've been horribly busy. Don't people down there NEED their jobs? It seems like you guys have a devil of a time keeping those positions filled at the library. Up here we have too many kids out of college for the summer and not enough jobs to keep them busy.

Katrina: Step away from your kid's plate. What he leaves on it is GARBAGE!!!! You wouldn't go through a restaurant and pick food off plates people left behind, this is NO different! *"I didn't leave a lot either" I'm betting it was a baby carrot or a grape. Am I close?

Lisa: The other thing that's amazing that you mentioned was the "poor starving kids". Geez, did every mother on the planet use that line??? Ours were in Biafra, wherever the heck that is! I swear, sometimes I wanted to just tell mom to send it to them!

2cute: You tell that minister! You guys have waited too long for this day, you need to Have It YOUR Way! Love ya, kiddo. I'm sure it will be wonderful. Know that we are all there in spirit! [[[hugs]]]

Terri: I'm glad you'll finally have Ginger close by. I'm sure that will be alot of fun for you, messing with her and such. Yup, I knew you just needed something else to do in your life! You really do have a full weekend with your mom coming tonight and then all the other "kiddies" tomorrow. Have fun! We'll be here waiting for all the gorey details. Really, enjoy. This doesn't happen all that often and I know you'll survive. [[[hugs]]]

Well, girls, this has been fun, however, it is now 10:15 and my morning, it is a wasting. Gotta run. Love ya bunches.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 10:41 AM   #18  
a work in progress...

Thin...actually, NO...that would have been too easy!!! I actually left some of the sandwich. I gave it to the dog...Let HER get fat! (that'll never happen, she runs around too much!)
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 11:01 AM   #19  
Dancing those pounds away

Didn't make it to bed at midnight. Sat up chatting with oldest daughter until 12:30 and then headed for bed... but youngest daughter came in and the three of us sat and chated until 2:30 am.
We are down to the last minute.... 10-9-8-.....1 more day !!!!!!!
Gotta go and thanks for the well wishes. {{ HUGS }}
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 12:42 PM   #20  
Syn
ONE BITE AT A TIME*Loser*

Hello my chickadees......

I have been mostly lurking as I am still a bit under the weather! But I have been reading the posts and relating to so very much of what is being said!!

Octuplets in reguard to the "hiding, snitching, and cleaning of plates" reguarding food issues...I have done it all...I will NOT do it anymore!! One day at a time...I can do this one day at a time!!!! If I could come up with an alternative behavior it would be good..But with my health issues, all I am allowed to do is sit around and do very light work....SO being bored I am more tempted to eat than ususal...So far I have been good, but have had a few very close calls to want to give in to "the need to feed"......ARGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGG LAst night I ordered a pizza, but when it came, I decided to do the "right thing" and ate 2 small slices, and then divided the rest and froze it in packs of 2...for later meals when I get the urge for pizza....This way I can quickly "nuke" a package and get over my pizza urge with out eating a lot..2 pieces and a small salad make for a satisfying meal...and I don't feel too guilty...I wanted more pizza last night but boy was I proud of myself when I didn't give in to the temptation!

2cute: Can you believe it your daughter's"Special day" is almost here...you are down to to last hours...Pictures, take lots of pictures!! I know Staci will be a BEAUTIFUL bride...hope the day is perfect in every way for you all!!

Terri: Glad you will have your horse nearby...I really miss my acreage and the horses etc..I will never get completely used to living in an urban environment..I still love the sound of a rooster crowing in the morning! lol

Thin: Happy Birthday to your "baby"...you feel old??? My baby is 35!! lol I guess that means "I am old" Drat it *looks around* Shh!!! Don't tell anybody!! I hate returns too..There is usually a waiting line, and that just bugs me...My mother once gave me a mug that read"God Grant me patience; BUT HURRY! on it!! lol

have been so tired and lazy that I haven't even sent out thank you notes, birthday cards, etc to friends and family for the past few weeks....Shame on me...I have been letting too many things go and now I am going to go back and lie down some more...

For all I have missed I am sorry, When I get up to feeling more alert I will try and do better....Love to All....Until Next Time....
Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 10:05 PM   #21  
BELIEVE!

Just peeking in to say hi! My FIL is here and I am exhausted - we just spent a few hours driving around and went into Philly. Not sure what we are doing tomorrow.. I am hoping to relax at some point.

2Cute - I'll be thinking about your daughter's wedding tomorrow!! Have a WONDERFUL day - enjoy and cherish every moment of it.

Night Gals!
Sweet Dreams!
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 10:51 PM   #22  

Default We're so much alike...

in how this compulsion to overeat makes us behave. I skimmed the notes and recognized myself: the feeling 'this time is it', but first I eat everything in sight. The secretiveness. The pain and longing to be free. The wonder and thrill when we are victorious. It's hard to explain to 'civillians' what it feels like to carry around this 'body of death' every day. You can simply never forget. I've tried and succeeded, and failed, and tried again. It's our song, I think. But, with all the backslidings, and regaining, worse than ever, I know, that I know, that I know, this is not God's best for me. That He has not given up on me, and I don't want to give up on myself. Thanks so much for letting me share my thoughts. Sunny
Sunnysideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 02:02 AM   #23  
Michigan Old-Timer

Time to say nitey nite! Just had to come back in tonight though because all afternoon I kept thinking about some of my friends I forgot to address. I'm so sorry.

We had terrible storms here today. They were showing on the 5:00 news how one city had water canals instead of streets. It was really something. The tornado sirens went off around here. Didn't see anything though. What a downpour. Some areas got hail. Traffic lights were out. Freeways were flooded. What a mess!

Went up to Auburn Hills to meet the "baby". I called him on his cell phone when I left the house to see whereabouts they were. They had just sat down at Applebees. I said, "Applebees! You're having dinner at Big Buck." His response was, "oh, dang (well, not exactly "dang" ) I forgot! I'll be there in half an hour is that ok?" I mean geez oh wheez! It was the kid's birthday. We've been having his birthday dinner at this restaurant for 5 years! He's 23! Do you think he could remember where to go to eat?????

Anyway, done ranting. We all got there. Had a nice dinner. He went back up to Flint. Honey and I came home. #1 Son went back to work. Nite's over.

Lucky: I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. AND it's too bad you're stuck with all the arrangements for getting your dad places. It's funny because my two best friends have many siblings and none of their siblings seem to take any interest in sharing the care of their mothers. It seems like it's always just one that steps up to the plate. How YOU get designated as the ONE, I don't know. Being an only child, I don't have to worry about ever having help. Not sure whether that's better or worse.

Barbg: I didn't mean to skip you either. Your grandson is a C U T I E!!! * Hey, are you still getting in the prepared meals? How is that working out for you and hubby?

Syn: Glad you're feeling at least some better.

BarbPA: Ahhhhhh, got to do the Liberty Bell thing.....again, eh??? Hope you're having fun while you're being exhausted!

Sunny: I think we're all in that same boat. That's how we put on this weight to begin with. I'll bet all those behaviors are standard in most overweight people. Glad you're joining us.

Well my dears, it is time to say "light's out!" I'm a "showgirl" again this weekend. Hope to get to see a couple. I'm voting for Man on Fire with Denzel Washington and of course Shrek 2. We'll see if I get out-voted.

Gotta go. Head is hitting keyboard. Making lots of errors. Love ya bunches.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 09:27 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!

I'm ready for family weekend to be over and we haven't even seen anybody besides mom yet.

I left work early yesterday to come home and finish up housework that I wanted done because of not knowing if we're having a housefull of people or not. Of when even. I was not happy to get home and see that DH has not fulfilled his promise to make the kitchen "spotless". It didn't look like he had done anything. I was . Then mom called an hour early saying that she was almost here with the horse so I had to drop what I was doing to go take care of that. I was relieved that she made it up fine and that Ginger is finally here.

#2 son had called at 9:30 in the morning to say that "we're here but guess you guys are at work and we can't drop by". Well duh. We tracked them down at #1 son's where they had spent the day with the mom & that GM. I had specifically told DH that I wanted his two sons and their families to our house for a meal this weekend - without his mother & brother - because I wanted time for just us. So, what does DH do? He tells #2 to be here at 1:00 today and he'll drive over and get GM and she can spend the day with us. So we have to make two 50 mile round trips to get her OR spend the day with DH's idiot brother (that is not being mean, he is an idiot). I tried to explain that I feel like I'm trying to make a place for myself in this family since we won't have our own kids and I'm always number 2 to his mother. I'm just dad's wife but he doesn't get it. Then to make it worse, #1 son is too busy and his kids are too busy to spend any time with us. The son & DIL will drop by for a few minutes to visit with GM but not eat with us. I have no idea whether to have food at 1:00, like sandwiches, and then maybe BBQ later on or if they will go on to do something else for the evening. I'm sort of ticked at DH because he wouldn't call earlier in the week and talk to anyone and set anything up so now its a mess. Then he's mad at #1 son for not making time for family and especially mad at the GD (the one I went to NY with) because she doesn't give us the time of day. We'll have to swallow hard and try to make the most of this.

Barb - Have a good weekend with your FIL!

Thin - Maybe its a guy thing that they can't comprehend plans. Have fun at the movies! I told DH that he owes me big time for all the work I've done again for his family! I'm thinking TROY!

2Cute - This is it! The big day! I hope that it is magical and wonderful for her and you. Your baby is getting married! I want to see pictures in September!

Syn - Good to see you back. Rest up!

Sunny - I keep telling DH that yes, God made all this good food and intends for us to eat it, but no, God did not intend for us to be gluttons. No matter what it is, we cannot give up on ourselves. We have to get up each day and try.

Well, I better hit the shower and figure out what we're doing about food because someone has to go to the store.

Have a good weekend!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 10:01 AM   #25  
Dancing those pounds away

Thumbs up Wedding Day !!!!

It's the BIG DAY !!!!!!

Dummm dummm de dum
Dummm dummm de dum
Dum dum de dummm dummm de dumm dumm de dum.

I think we have everything ready !!! ??? !!!
But I won't know until we miss it. LOL

I off to straighten up the house a wee bit.
I never did get to "clean" it... but that's okay. I don't mind it not being perfect ...believe it or not. That is a new experience for me.

I can't wait to share some pics with everyone.
I am leaving here in about an hour and won't be home until Sunday morning/noon. But THEN... everyone from out of town is coming to our house for a visit. There should be about 15-20 people. I do not plan cooking for them. We will just eat chips and such or order a pizza. I AM GOING TO RELAX. Even with 20 people here.

Love you guys !!!
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 10:07 AM   #26  

Smile

My uncles funeral was nice, as funerals go. He was 92 and had had a happy life.

Thursday night was okay. Dad started to get cranky after an hour at the prayer service and he tried to steal a hymnal.

Yesterday was L O N G. I left work at 10AM in pouring rain AND had to drive on gravel roads to get to the church. My car is a mess - I barely recognized it!!! After the church events we went to my aunts house and I was there until 6PM. I came home called my one sister to report the latest family news and then promptly fell asleep. I just got up and it's 9AM - I rarely sleep that late. I even ran into a couple of old boy friends at the funeral so that was interesting.

I have to catch up on my thread reading but first is what I need.
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 11:39 AM   #27  
You and Me in 2003

Keep your fingers and toes crossed my son may have a job. Even though it is 50 miles away with gas prises being what they are but is what he wants to do i guess . He has also found himself a lady friend and has spent one night at home in the last two weeks

Thin: people down here do like to keep their jobs at least most of them. This girl is having personal as well as medical problems. But we have hired a replacement that starts Monday so I get a day off again.

I have not been to the gym in two weeks but I am going to try to go after work today.

The weather is getting hot here now we have turned on the AC already.

Well I better run and pretend I am working till we close at 12.
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 03:20 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Hey you guys all sound so busy, I hope everything goes well for you.
The only plans I have for today is to go to the movies with my little boy Riley, he wants to go see Shrek 2. Other then that not much else but to surf the internet.
Have a fun, relaxing weeked, ya'll
joe anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 05:15 PM   #29  
Hang In There

This must be the weekend for out of town family, and with it comes conflicts. I have one sister who does not live here, she lives in CT. She got in Thursday night with her two children (19 & 20 y/olds not exactly kids) and after the first night the fights with the 2 cousins here started. The two here are 14 & 16 and want to do everything the older ones do, and needless to say the older ones do not want the younger ones tagging along. They will be gone Monday.

Nothing much happening around here. DH & Son played in a golf tournament yesterday.

2Cute, I'll be thinking about you tonight!
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 08:27 PM   #30  
BELIEVE!

Hi Gals -
Just a quick pop in - DH is at the store and FIL is downstairs watching the news!

So far DH had been pretty good about sticking me with my FIL - due to work, I guess I can't fault him, but he owes me! This morning I decided I didn't care what the two of them were doing --- I was going to the GYM! And I did! Yay for me! Then all three of us went our separate ways for a while -- I had to run to the Mall, Jeff to work and FIL to a coffee shop.

After that we took Bob (FIL) to Atlantic City. He's never been there and said he never wanted to go, but he enjoyed it - we walked on the boardwalk and the beach - ate lunch at a buffet (I showed a little restraint) then Jeff and I played Blackjack for little while while Bob watched --- I won $80, Jeff won $600!!!!!!!! YAY!!! Now we have some extra cash for our vacation!!!
Bob actually played some slots! It was fun!

Tonight we are staying home and watching a movie. No idea what tomorrow holds for us.

I hope you are all well! Talk to ya later!
Love,
Barb

I'm not a huge hockey fan, but.... GO FLYERS!!!!!!!!!! The are in the mist of game 7! It's do or die tonight!
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote