Old 05-02-2004, 10:29 AM   #16  
I'm on my way!

GOOOOD MORNING! Come out come out wherever you are?

Hey where the heck is Sandy?
MichelleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 02:27 PM   #17  
Dancing those pounds away

Good morning and good afternoon.
Guess everyone is out enjoying this beautiful weather.

Michelle... Sandy has been gone for quite some time.
Hopefully she is still lurking. (are you out there Sandy?)
Like so many of us... if we are struggling we tend to hide away instead of writing of our woes. Don't go into hiding ladies... Talk it out!!! With us.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 02:34 PM   #18  
Hang In There

I was feeling like the "odd man out" because my big, bad a&& stability ball was Blue not green like everyone elses, but then you started talking my language!!!AUCTIONS!!!

I love auctions. We went to one last night, the first one we've been too in a long time and now I remember why we don't go very often anymore. We buy too much. When DH starts bidding on something he wants he keeps bidding until he gets it, and sometimes that can get out of hand. And since we don't resale anymore, we keep everything we buy, and we are running out of room. I had to rearrange my pictures on the wall because we bought a newold print. We also got a couple on antique kitchen stuff for above my cabinets and I bought 2 Royal Dalton Ladies.

I'm still doing good in the weight loss quest! I was down another pound this morning. Not having to figure out what to eat helps.

Julie, I've seen your post in other threads too, but this is the first time I've seen your pics. I'm very impressed. Will you share with us what you are eating?

Lisa & Shay, don't feel intimidated by these lovely ladies. I just joined the group around Christmas time, but I feel like I've known them for years.

Mellis We all have periods when we can't stand to look in the mirrow, but just keep thinking about what Kat and Terri said, and Pick up the Dr Phill book and work through that with us. [COLOR=SeaGreen](I say US even thought I haven't posted on that thread yet, I am reading!!!)

Everyone else have a lazy Sunday, I'm on the way for my nap!
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 03:12 PM   #19  

happy sunday all --
well, it was a really busy week with the end of the month stuff at work -- but i feel rested up, basically because i was a slug on saturday and only did the things i had to do --
started oxycise last week (low impact exercise coupled with aerobic breathing) and feel better already -- hope i continue to feel this way --
it is sunny and cool in west tennessee today -- after all the rain last week, we are having a bit of a cool spell, but it looks like it will be warmer by wednesday --

welcome, shay-- i am pretty new here also, but everyone is so nice --

hope all of you have a happy and inspiring week --
Lyric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 04:24 PM   #20  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! I did this waaayyyy HUGE post the other day, got about half through and was IMing a friend, who sent me a link. Well, I clicked on the link and waaahhhlllllaaaaa....there goes my post. Can you say TICKED!!!!!

Didn't have time to recreate it so since I have a bit of time to myself this afternoon, Nascar race, ya know....I figured I would come back and grace you all with my presence!

I was trying to write about Fun Friday because for once this year, I really did have a "fun" Friday. My dear friend and I got a late start, so we stopped for lunch before going to the Women's Expo. For those of you that don't know what they are, they're like a giant Home Builders Show or SAE convention for women!!! There are booths and booths of stuff that is of interest to women. Tons of jewelry, lots of clothing, makeup, tote bags, purses, nail care stuff, spa joints advertising, health care screenings, OB-GYNs, oh gosh, the list of stuff goes on and on but you get the picture.

There is always a supermarket that co-sponsors the Expo and this year it was Meijers. They have a whole section in the back corner that is set up with samples. They have someone cooking up sausage and Boca Burgers, and portebello mushrooms (YUCK), and giving out samples of diet Coke, diet Pepsi products, juices. Others are giving out just coupons. Then they also have companies back there giving out samples, like aspirin, bandaids, lotions and much more.

Then they also have 3 stages set up and run different specials on each of them all day long. One is for cooking demos. One is for health care issue presentations. And the other is for guests and fashion shows.

Ok, this next part is for you Apprentice fans (so if you're not, you can skip past the next red printed section):

Jason, the contestant from Detroit was at the Expo and I talked my girlfriend into staying to see him at 6:00. We got there sorta after he started his presentation, but he opened it up to questions and some of the stuff he shared was really interesting.

He said that Donald Trump is a very personable guy. He said that he took the time to get to know each and every one of the contestants. That the contestants are now invited back to all of Trump's parties. He said that he's invited to Trump's birthday party next month and will be invited to the engagement party and wedding. He said that he can't just fly to NY every week, but that he will make the BIG events.

He said that one of the best parts of the whole thing was all of the BIG people that he met and now knows to network with. He has come back to Detroit and is growing his business (if you remember, he was into properties). He figures that if Trump ever comes to Detroit to build a building that he will somehow be involved.

He said he gets asked about Omarosa and if they did some unfair editing of her. He said they made her character appear exactly the way she is. That she thinks she's a "diva" and expects everyone to wait on her hand and foot. He said she definitely was a liar and a whiner. The cutest story he told about Omarosa was that that hat that she prances around in Jessica Simpson's hotel room with, she was going to wear to the finale. Well, they got there and she was in the second row and Sam was sitting behind her moaning about how no one could see his face if she was going to sit there with that dang hat on. So one of the producers came up to her and said, "take off the hat. This is NOT the Omarosa show!" Then he said it was really great when "the Donald" had had enough of her at the end and pretty much dismissed her and her excuses.

He said Sam was a hoot. He had walked around with that briefcase strapped to his arm all day long. It really contained $200,000 in cash and a $50,000 check. He had re-mortgaged his house to bring all of that money with him. Then I guess at the Red Carpet Party, Sam was really sick to his stomach and didn't feel well. He didn't stay long either. Well, it seems that he was contacted immediately by the IRS and they wanted to know where he had gotten the money from. Word has it that he's been audited and no one has heard from him in some time.

Ok, back to normal talk.

Soooooo, I spent lots of money at the Expo. I called Honey on the way to pick up my girlfriend and asked what he thought of me getting a second hole in my ears. He said it depended on how big I was talking about. I told him I didn't expect it to be big enough to drive a freight train through, if that's what he meant!!! So I got a pair of Russian Lab created diamond studs for the second hole (which I don't have yet!) and then I would have to have something to go in the bottom holes to match, wouldn't I???? So I bought some trillian cut lever back earrings in the Russian diamonds.

Then we went around the corner and stopped at this booth where they sold Ear Vines. These are for pierced ears and they have a string of stones, pearls, whatever you choose, that fit in the little crook edge of your ears. I know, lousy description, but they're truly beautiful. Anyhow, my girlfriend was wearing her tanzanite earrings in her bottom hole and diamond studs in her top. So this guy says to her, let me borrow your ear. He took out her diamond stud and put in one of the ear vines. When she turned to me, I told her, "this guy is good. He not only got a vine that matches your tanzanite earrings, he picked a vine that was very petite to match your size." The guy just smiled and said, "I'm observant." He was so subtle. So of course, we had to buy them. And of course, if she was getting them, I had to get some too.

We rounded another corner and I found a spa place that was doing some treatments right there at the show. So for $14.00 I got my "virgin" eyebrows waxed. OUCH!!! For those of you that met me last week, I'm sure you wish I would have done it before I came.

I did have my sugar tested and the girl said my Glucophage must be working. And we had bone density tests done and I was A-OK, so that's a plus.

We spent the rest of the time just browsing, picking up samples and generally enjoying a nice day together. I got home about 9:00 at night.

Ok, I'm going to attempt to do replies (but to just this thread as I would be here forever if I try to go back any further).

Terri: Hope you don't mind if I read what you wrote to Melissa as if you were writing to me. I'm *that* close to getting back with the program. Thanks. *When you get done with the Stephanie Plum series you'll have to read Evanovich's "Full" series. Full House, Full Tilt, Full Speed and Full Blast. Love 'em, love 'em, love 'em!!!

Barbg: The auction sounds like fun. I'm with your hubby, once I want it, I want it. That does make going to auctions a bit dangerous!

2cute: Glad to see you up and running again. I'm guessing after a week you've recouperated from us all being there. Hope your sister is still holding her own and that reports came back good. *On another subject: I wasted 637 egg yolks this week. You can send my $159.25 to the address you have on file for me. BTW, I think that pays for my Spring Fling for next year. Hey girls, this may be the key.

BarbPA: Sorry to hear the dresser you found was sold. BUMMER! But it does sound like you're getting your garden together, so that's "a good thing".

Crystal: I bought a couple of Oxycise tapes on eBay after the girls having quite a discussion here. I'm sorry to say that they have been added to my pile of VCR tapes that have never been touched. Must do something about that.

Lisa: I LOVE auctions! Haven't been to one in a number of years, but I really do love them. When we lived in NC, a friend and I went to one to look for desk chairs for our offices. We decided to drive separate vehicles, "just in case". What we didn't realize was that this auction was only for "lots" of stuff. In order to get a desk chair, we had to buy a whole office full of stuff. Well, you guessed it, we each bought an office full of stuff! OMG, it was so funny to see her station wagon and my car loaded up with stuff coming out of every orafice (even stuff strapped to the roof) in order to get it all home. Can't make two trips, ya know!!!

Julie: Your story is very inspiring. I hope you'll stick around and let yourself rub off on us for awhile.

Melissa: I'm sorry you were down in the dumps, but I'm glad that Terri, Kat and the others came to your rescue and that maybe you will look at things a little differently. [[[hugs]]] We're both struggling right now, maybe we can both get our act together, together.

Shay: It's impossible for you to be an "intruder" here, we have NO intruders! It won't take you long before you feel as if you've been here forever. Keep posting often and you'll get to know us better, and we -- you.

Lucky: Geez, honey, you work too hard. Better take care of that arm. *Hope lunch turns out well today. Have you met these folks before?

Michelle: Did you get your editorial done? I tried IMing you last night but you must have been off somewhere. Hope you got finished and can take a deep breath now.

Katrina: "Or the kind with vendors and people selling all kinds of stuff...like having a garage sale, but at a communal place." We call these "flea markets".
To me, auctions are when you have multiple people bidding on stuff and it goes to the highest bidder. *BTW, hope you don't mind that I took what you said to Melissa as a direct response to me as well. I need that stuff right now. Almost ready to start again.

Susie: It's time for us to clean up our acts. Let's get with the program. We CAN do this. Besides, we want to have shown "some" progress by the time these girls come visit us next year, don't we??????

Alrighty then: I decided since I had already been here for several hours that I would just go back and catch up on ALL the responses since I posted last. Woooo, I'm done. If you have stuck with me through the whole thing, I give you much credit as I do believe I was rambling along quite a bit today!

I need to go downstairs and change another laundry. Then go to the store and get some more detergent. I will catch all you lovelies later. Love ya bunches!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 04:52 PM   #21  
a work in progress...

There's a HUGE flea market around here called "Englishtown Auction"...I don't know why it's called "Auction" then. It's a fun place. I keep threatening to rent a table and sell all my junk there.

Off to buy a few flats of flowers...
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 04:55 PM   #22  

Barb- on my website there is a link to my fitday where i enter all my foods I eat. I dont fill in everyday but you can click back the date at the top and it will show you that days food. I dont follow a certain diet, my mom and I just started doing our own thing and focused alot on healthy carbs and less high fat foods. My mom has lost 90 lbs as well. I mostly cut out white bread and white pasta white rice and white potatos although occasionally i do have them in small amounts (like when I go to someones house that is serving them). Many times if I go out to eat and potatos come with my meal I will ask for a vegetable instead. Feel free to ask any specific question I more than love to share my story with someone who will appreciate it.
dowsx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 06:02 PM   #23  
BELIEVE!

Hi Everyone!
Just stopping in for a moment. Sorry, there just don't seem to be enough hours in the day lately. I spent several hours running errands today and then a couple more hours wrapping a bunch of gifts to get in the mail for Mother's day and my niece's 8th B-day next weekend. It was suppose to rain today, but it's sunny out so DH and I are going to grill steaks and eat on the deck. Tonight I need to relax a bit, haven't done much of that this weekend, but it's been fun. I also have to watch Extreme Home Makeover - any one else into this?? I love it!!! DH wants to watch the Earthquake mini series.

I plan on getting in at least 15 minutes on the exercise bike sometime this evening! I am setting the alarm for 5:40am tomorrow and getting to the gym - back to the morning workouts!!!! I know I may have a problem with the alarm when it goes off, so if I don't make it out of bed for the AM workout I WILL get there in the PM - NO EXCUSES!!!!

Auctions - Love them!!! We haven't been to any in a while. They do have some around here that we keep saying we'll go to - one of these days. Whenever we go on a cruise (which you know we love) we always buy something at the Art Auction. Last year I bought 3 original works of art by a fairly new artist. I loved them and am hopeful that one day they'll be worth some $$$.

Gotta Run!
Have a great evening!
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 06:20 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

Hey ladies! Just popping in to say hi! I am doing really well this time around. I lost another 8 lbs this week bringing my total to 16 lbs in 2 weeks. I am so excited. I know I won't have big losses like this all the time, but they are really helping me stay on track. As for auctions, I don't know if we have any around here. I know I've never been to one. Hope everyone is doing well.
Steph
bobsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 07:32 PM   #25  
I'm on my way!

Hello everyone!

Just another of my usual quickies here!

Thin I did get my editorial done this afternoon...so now all my mid-term exams are done. I do still have to write a 2 page paper on my visit to the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Had to do a cultural activities for this humanities class...I hate it! But...its a requirement! I did see your IM on the screen when I came back to the computer but you were already gone! I have the cable ISP so if I don't turn my messenger off I am always logged on!

Barb.g - my big azz ball is blue too! Now its Andrew's big azz ball out in the backyard...he loves it!

2Cute thanks for the chat the other night! It was so nice to be back in the nest again!

Steph great job on the weightloss! Are you up for a trip to AC?

Barb I need to get my mother's day gift to get in the mail too! I am such a procrastinator!

Well I need to get that short paper written tonight because I have to start on a term paper and a thesis that are both due in 5 weeks on top of all my weekly work and reading!! So with that said....

TTFN Michelle
MichelleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 08:37 PM   #26  
BELIEVE!

Phew - I just broke out my big *** blue ball! Worked up a sweat falling off and trying again! DH had a good laugh!!! I couldn't find my instruction book so I just made it up as I went along. Need to find the instructions and pictures of what to do.

I feel good at least doing something!

Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 08:47 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

Doesn't seem fair that its Sunday evening already.

Today was rather uneventful. We went to church, the grocery store, and then being lazy this afternoon. Its very cool and rainy so no outside work being done here. Its supposed to be in the 30's tonight but then be in the mid-eighty's this week. Wild.

This was our weekend away from program. We haven't done all that bad. Besides one meal a day, we've done well even if we weren't counting points. I will own up to having a banana split this evening for dinner. Won't be wanting to do that for about a year. We're ready to be back OP starting tomorrow morning for another two weeks.

The ladies group at church is taking a trip to the Mall of Americas in July. I doubt that I go because I don't know any of the women really well yet and it is 4 to a room. I'm kind of weird about sleeping in the same bed with someone I don't know! The point to the story is that it would be fun to take a trip there in the fall and shop for new clothes. Maybe meet some chicks that live up there!!

Thin - Maybe you need Kat to open a can of whup-azz on you! She does that real well! I'm so glad to see that you are getting close to getting focused again. Your day at the expo sounded so fun!

Steph - Wow! 16 pounds is awesome! Good job!

Barb.G - Good for you too! Isn't it nice to see the scale moving again?

Shay - Welcome to the group!

Lisa - A maintain is better than a gain any day! I know, cold comfort, but make this a better week!

Its about time for Sopranos so I'm going to sign out for the evening.

Good night!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 10:39 PM   #28  
a work in progress...

Exclamation Hey!

Fall Fling at Mall of America!!! Then off to Lucky's for some raking and pole-sawing!

That woman knows how to exercise!
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 07:42 AM   #29  
Lisa

Smile

GOOD MORNING!

I think a fall fling at MOA would be awesome! I'd definately go. Out of curiosity, how many of you have been there? I'm sure Lucky has probably been there - as have I

I had an awful Sunday - spent the day in Bloomington at the nursing home where my Grandparents are. Grampa's kidneys are failing & he's chose to just "go" and not do anything about it (dialysis). He was hardly awake at all yesterday. It was so hard to leave knowing that the hug and kiss I gave him were probably the last one I'd ever give to him I felt so bad for my aunts and uncles, too. I lost my dad when I was 22 so I know what it's like to lose a parent & they were beside themselves. But, what do ya do? The man is almost 80 - he's lived a full and wonderful life and I respect his decision. I am going to miss him! And Gramma, what a true, stoic, Norwegian woman she is! Gotta love her!

On a happier note I decided to change my weigh in day to Sunday & now my scale tells me that I've lost 5 lbs And, (even better) my sweet hubby is going to do this with me though he doesn't need to lose as much as I do

My goal for today is to catch up on my Dr. Phil reading shouldn't be too hard. I usually have 2 hrs of quiet time in the afternoon when all the kids are asleep.

And my most impressive thing about this weekend is . . . . . da ta daa . . . . . I was actually able to stick to my "diet" even when eating out & crying etc! So, I'm going to pat myself on the back for not "backsliding!" I know, I know, I'm a dork, but I'm sure some of you understand what a big accomplishment that is

Well, better get the kids ready for school - looks like I'm the early bird here today. Be back later - hope to have some reading material

Have an AWESOME Monday everyone!

Lisa
ljs1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 08:18 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Lisa

I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. It is hard to let them go even when it is for the best. Your family will be in my prayers.

Mom called last night to say that one of my uncles passed away yesterday. He was only in his mid-60's. This was the husband of one of mom's younger sisters. Three, including mom, have now lost their spouses. All in less than 1-1/2 years. He had a fast-growing cancer that didn't respond to treatment. Very sad. I really feel for my cousins this morning because I can still remember how I felt when going through this.

Off to work. Make today a great day!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote