Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 09:04 PM   #16  
On My Way To The New Me

Hi Everyone

Just finished our nightly walk, and I think I'm ready for bed, early morning ahead. Tommorrow's the day we go grocery shopping and we like to be there ahead of all the crazy shoppers.

Hopefully I'll be able to relax and get to sleep, I'm a bit of an insomniac myself.

Good luck to everyone tommorrow on their plans, and no taking the weekend off the healthy eating part!
Old 01-30-2004, 09:40 PM   #17  
Starting over once again

Hiya all!! Just popped in to let everyone know that I'm still around & OP for the most part. Today was horrible... we had a Super Bowl Tailgate party at work. I think I ate up all my flex points today.

I've been away for the last few days.... computer wasn't working. But I'm back tonight for a few minutes. Getting ready to head to bed... have overtime tomorrow. And back OP tomorrow... no more flex points to play around with!!!!
Old 01-31-2004, 12:07 AM   #18  
a work in progress...

Hey chickies...

I just wanted to report my first official South Beach weigh-in:

...7 lbs GONE!

I couldn't wait to tell you all and this is the first chance I've gotten to all day!

Suddenly the urge to eat bread has disappeared...it's been replaced with a whole lot of determination! I still have to get through another week of no carbs...but as I was looking ahead to Phase 2, I thought, well, I don't want to lose this momentum, so I think I may alternate days of no carbs (not really "NO" carbs, more like low carb) with days of eating Phase 2 carbs. Yay, I can have fruit! And whole grain bread! There's more, but these alone will do me nicely. We'll see...

Now, it's off to bed for me. I'm going food shopping bright and early, then off to the gym.

Have a great weekend everybody!
Old 01-31-2004, 09:29 AM   #19  
You and Me in 2003

Good morning everybody. Where are you? Sleeping in I guess.
The post I lost yesterday told about me going to a new super Walmart the next town over I hope we get one soon. My son and I went out to eat and i ate too much but thats life I'll just keep on plugging away. Today is my Saturday to work. I'll catch you all later.
Old 01-31-2004, 12:43 PM   #20  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning Ladies!

Yep, Mary, I for one was sleeping in. I crawled into bed about 1am and woke about 10am - lazy bones. Then I proceeded to stay in bed until noon watching tv!! Luckily DH got up and took the dogs out!

Now I am dressed and headed out the door to the gym. DH asked what we are doing today --- I wasn't going to give into his lure to go out to lunch so I said "I'm going to the gym" --- after that we'll see what happens!

Kat - Congrats on the great loss your first week on SB!!! Keep it up!!!

Warning --- of topic, potentially TMI section to follow:

Can I share my recent good news on a personal note??? It has nothing to do with weight loss, but it's the other major issue in my life --- as I have mentioned, DH and I are ready to start a family and have had no luck for many, many years. We have now started down the path of infertility treatments. We were pretty much sure that the prob was with DH's little swimmers (or lack of). We went to a fertility urologist yesterday and he found the problem within a few minutes -- it appears that DH was born with a form of cystic fybrosis that effects the development of tubuals in a man. He was born without a vas deferens --- that's the tube that men have tied off when they have a vasectomy. So, it appears that there is just no way for his sperm to get out. (I know, this is probably way too much information) So, DH had to have some genetic blood tests done to confirm and then he will have a biopsy. The Dr. said that in 95% of these cases he can find viable sperm to freeze and then I would have to go through in-vitro to get pregnant. I know many of you may not think this is good news, but up until yesterday we didn't think we could have children at all --- now we have HOPE!!! Now it's just a waiting game - we go back in 6 weeks to get all the results and plan the next step....We are thrilled about the potential opportunities was have through the miracle of medicine!

That's it from me for now....you are probably thinking - That's enough ...I am going to the gym....

Have a wonderful Saturday.

Love,
Barb

P.S. WOW --- DH just said....after the gym let's have lunch at your favorite place....so I am thinking, OH NO, what is he doing to sabotoge me now! Not the case --- he suggested Panera - where I can get a very health meal! Maybe I am having an effect on him!

Last edited by BarbPA; 01-31-2004 at 12:45 PM.
Old 01-31-2004, 01:04 PM   #21  
a work in progress...

I just lost another post! grrr...

No time to re-create. I've been running since 8:00...already been to the gym for TWO classes, cardio and weights , I've been to the post office and to the supermarket for more VEGETABLES...I swear, I'm going to turn green soon. Now it's time to do some laundry, housework and think about what to make for dinner. But first, I need to feed myself. I'M STARVING!!! Lunch will be cole slaw, wrapped inside roast beef and muenster cheese slices, wrapped inside romaine lettuce. I really want an apple. Today is Day 9 on the beach...only 5 more days and I can have one!

Okay stomach is growling...must feed it.

see you later.
Old 01-31-2004, 01:05 PM   #22  
Inchworm

Smile

Good morning! Wow Barb, I know you must be excited[! I loved having my babies, who are now grown, 39, 43, 45 and 47, I think. we adopted #4 just to be sure to have a girl. adoptable babies were plentiful then. But am glad now that they are gone and raising their own families for the most part.but I digress i wish you the very best in getting those little swimmers captured! CONGRATS on your work out this morning!and getting to have a healthy lunch out! what a guy!

I made it around the block, .3 miles. really winded me this morning

Congrats KAT! Great loss!

Duckie what kind of puppies do you have?

back to the boxes! more packing in my day.

Last edited by gmalil; 01-31-2004 at 01:08 PM.
Old 01-31-2004, 01:07 PM   #23  
a work in progress...

Barb! What great news!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the two (three?) of you!

Old 01-31-2004, 02:22 PM   #24  
Dancing those pounds away

Angry

I wasn't going to post. I didn't get to bed until 4am and slept until almost 1AM. so you see I have wasted too much of my day already to be on the computer.
BUT ... I just had to come in here and JUMP FOR JOY for Barb.

Isn't HOPE WONDERFUL!!!! I am sooo HAPPY for you and your husband. And by the way... not too much info.
My brother and his wife struggled for years too. They got one little girl (not little anymore LOL 30years old this July).
I can visualize the sun shining over you in the middle of a rain storm. LOL

Okay.. gotta go.. sorry.
Oh wait... Kat... CONGRATULATIONS to you too !!! 7lbs !!!

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 01-31-2004 at 02:25 PM.
Old 01-31-2004, 06:28 PM   #25  

Happy Day For You Barb!!! You And Hubby And His Swimmers Are In My Prayers!!!

Hugs,
Old 01-31-2004, 06:52 PM   #26  
Hang In There

Oh Barb, that sounds like great news. I know so many women in the same position as you, wanting a baby so badly, but most of them are going through all these terrible cycles of taking all kinds of medicines, and shots and whatever, and it sounds like your chances and options will be so much easier. Keep us informed.

Kat, Great work! Have you made the White Chili yet? If you don't have the recipie, let me know and I'll try to post it to the recipe thread.

Duckie, I'll add you to my prayer list. It must be really hard to be in a relationship that's not working. After 38 years of marriage, I had many time that I thought I I was in you shoes, but somehow, we managed to stay together.
I always said we stayed together because of the kids: nether one of us wanted to be stuck with them!!!anyway, hang in there and you'll figure out what is right for you.

Well, I'm on my way to a gymnastic meet that my 16y/o niece is having tonight. It's one of the few she has in town. They are reallay pretty boring, but I can't justify going out of town for her meets if I don't go to the ones in town!
Old 01-31-2004, 07:53 PM   #27  
I'm on my way!

Barb...I'm doing a happy dance for you and Jeff right now!! At least there is still hope!! Being a parent is the most awesome thing in the world!! Don't get me wrong...it can be frustrating and nerve racking too but the good outweighs all that!

I am in the middle of mid-terms so I will have to catch up with you all later in the week. Don't think I am ignoring you all cause I come to read during break times...just not too much time to sit and post. Especially with a 3 yr old wanting attention too! I tend to take too many breaks during the western civ stuff cause my brain won't let it penetrate and I get so frustrated!!

Anyways...catch you all later! I do love you guys!! TTFN Michelle
Old 01-31-2004, 08:33 PM   #28  
BELIEVE!

Good Evening All ~~~
THANK YOU so much for all your happy thoughts and wishes!!! We still have a lot to go through, but we are so excited!! It's pretty much a waiting game at this point due to blood tests and Dr. appts. In the meantime I am going to do everything I can to drop some more weight and get myself healthier. It can only help with this whole process. That last thing I want to hear is that I can't have IVF due to my weight!

It's been a great day here - after the gym we went to Panera and had a nice healthy lunch then ran a couple errands - came home and had a little "quality" time together (aka: big & tasty) - now we are settled in for a quiet evening - watching Trading Spaces.

I just made a grocery list and planned out meals for the week. I am trying to do something yummy/healthy for the Super bowl tomorrow. I found a yummy sounding recipe for a Lemon-Poppyseed salad that I plan on making this week. If it's any good I'll share.

Tomorrow I plan on going to the gym, grocery shopping, Target, some housecleaning and then watching the game and more importantly (since my Eagles aren't in the game) watching SURVIVOR!!! I am so excited that my favorite show is back!!!! All this assuming I don't stay in bed until noon again!

Andria - GOOD JOB sticking up to your new boss!! I am proud of you! I have such a hard time expressing my feelings when I need to - I bottle it all up and then DH gets the brunt of it. I don't know how you manage to keep up with yourself -- I get tired reading about everything you have going on!

Joyce - CONGRATS on the loss!!!

Sandy - WooHoo ~ you did such an impressive job of going to Mickey D's for the family and not even tasting anything!!!!

Heather - I love cruises!!!! That's funny you had a dream about one. Have you ever been on one?? The food is tough. There is so much of it!!! We went on a cruise in October and coincidentally that is when I hit my losing plateau! Hmmmm...food 24 hours a day --- that'll do it! We will probably skip the cruise this year.

Homebound/Joanne - Big HUGS coming your way!

Jen - 12 minutes on the bike is better than none!!!

Duckie - I am sorry to hear that you are having a difficult time with your relationship. Sending hugs your way too!

Amanda - It's great seeing you back here! Good job getting back on track - hope the books help you out!

Mary - Sorry about your post! There has been a lot of that going on lately.

Stephanie - Glad to hear you are OP and it's good to see you popping in!

Michelle - Hey busy gal! Good luck on mid-terms!

2cute - I am guessing you slept until 1pm not 1am! Glad to hear I wasn't the only one sleeping so late today!

I think that catches me up for the moment! Where is everyone else? Come out, come out, wherever you are!

Gotta run!
Love you guys!
Barb
Old 02-01-2004, 12:10 AM   #29  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone!

Been a busy girl these past two days. Yesterday I had 4 department stores to do. It was fun because I got to spend $25 at each one (to be reimbursed) and all I had to do was go through the checkout and see if they offered me a store credit card. Funny that out of 4 stores, only 1 cashier did it. I had $50 gift cards to give them as rewards, so their loss! My gain, because I've got alot of FREE stuff. They had pilates stuff on sale so I bought a leg ring and arm rings. Now all I have to do is take them out of the packages and USE them.

Today my best friend and I joined some high school friends and went to this historic little hotel and had "tea". A girl I graduated with had called about a month ago and said that we had to do something special this year because we're all turning 50 and she thought it would be fun to be a Red Hat Society Chapter. For those of you that have never heard of it, they do have a website you can check out with all the history, etc. But basically, it's women getting together to celebrate life and if you're 50 or older, you wear red hats and purple clothing and if you're under 50, you wear pink hats and lilac clothing. Anyway, her idea of the whole thing was dress if you want to, don't if you don't. "I don't like rules, never have" yada yada.... So some of us went in "color" and some did not. But it was fun. This hotel is in a quaint little town with shops and stuff on the main street, so we walked around town for about an hour and shopped and then went to the hotel for "high tea". "High tea" consisted of tea and 3 courses: appetizer (chocolate muffin and blueberry scone), the entree (small square of quiche, small scoop of raspberry chicken salad, and a small scoop of cinnamon & toasted walnut cream cheese on top of a thin slice of cucumber on a small square slice of rye bread) and then dessert (thin slice of torte, square of toasted almond somethingorother, and a small strawberry napolean). Everything was very tasty, not particularly healthy (except for the thin slice of cucumber ), but tasty. There were 10 of us and we had a table in the bar of the hotel (hotel has a website too www.hollyhotel.com in case anyone wants to look) and we just cut up and visited and had a gay old time.

My friend and I figured we didn't care how it turned out, the bottom line was that the two of us were going to spend the afternoon together. We don't get to do that very often.

Well, I can't stick around for much longer. I'm literally falling asleep at the keyboard. Let's see if I can remember just a couple:

Barb, I'm so happy for you and Jeff. Maybe there's a light at the end of the tunnel for you guys. I'm thrilled! [[[hugs]]]

Joyce, that was a great loss! Good for you!

Katrina, that was a wonderful loss for you too! Definitely making playing at the Beach worthwhile.

Michelle, good luck with those mid-terms. Amazing that it is THAT time already!

Barbg, that is wonderful that you are going to your niece's meet. She will always remember that you were there for her showing support (whether YOU have fun at it or not!)

Mary, did you find any good bargains at the Super Walmart?

Stephanie, at least you had the flexpoints to fall back on. Now hopefully you can make it through the rest of the week without any more.

Heather, good job with the "nightly" walks. I'm assuming that that means you get out and walk every night. If so, that's a wonderful commitment to your good health.

Amanda, I hope you'll keep us posted on that tea, it sounds like it's a real energy booster.

Duckie, I hope you got home safely the other day in the nasty weather you were having. Also, I'm sorry if I was too prying about your relationship with DF. But I guess more so than being sorry I was noisy, I'm sorry that you're not in a relationship that you enjoy more. That is some serious considering you have to do. If you're not happy, that's not any way to live life. And you're right, that all does rub off on your son. I hope you search for, and find, the answers you need. You are deserving of a life that includes happiness. [[[hugs]]]

Jen, I'm not thinking that 12 minutes on that bike is a total disaster. You're just starting out on it and even if you stayed at 10 minutes for several days before building up by a couple of minutes, that would be truly a good route to go. Don't forget, you were doing NOTHING before this.

Joanne, that is a TERRIBLE situation you're in. I would have thought that "juvenile" and "minor" were one in the same. That sure is a "catch 22". I hope you find some sort of solution.

Sandy, I hope today went ok for all of you. I know it must have been hard. [[[hugs]]] GREAT JOB at Mickey D's! You go, girl!

Audrey, it was nice to see you, however briefly!

Andria, I'm so glad you stuck up for yourself with that new boss. And I'm especially happy that he took it well. I hope that he truly took your words to heart and that he will change his ways. Sometimes I don't think people really think about how they're coming off. And when it gets so brutal, we just have to mention it. It sounds like you did that in a way that he may make some changes to his way of commenting.

Well, even though I wasn't going to, I think I made it to everyone. Hope you all have a great night and better tomorrow. Love ya bunches.
Old 02-01-2004, 01:54 AM   #30  
Dancing those pounds away

Good evening ladies. I came in here earlier this afternoon in DIRE NEED of a fix from all of you... and no one had posted. I really felt down hearted when I had nothing to read. But I was in no frame of mind to post myself so I could not complain too much.

Duckie... your post hit home in many ways. Not all ... but many. {{{ HUGS }}}
My situation is not identical.. but having to make a decision on what to do in my relationship was very emotional for me too. I have no advice as to what you should do... but I can share what I did. The bottom line came down to... either I had to change the situation... or change my attitude about the situation and how I WAS REACTING. In short.. I had to change ME.
Change my attitude... change my behavior ... my anger. I was opposite of you as far as anger. I internalized everything... held everything inside. But the anger was just the same. I agree 100% with everyone who said... it is no way to live. I spent more time wishing I was dead than enjoying the fact I am alive. I did not want to be dead... I just did not want to live in that pain and frustration any longer.
I hope and pray you find your answer. A 12 step program really helped me. Plus .. I had a great sponsor.

Thin.. sounds like you had a productive couple of days. Free gifts and a fun afternoon with friends. I looked at the web site and it looked awesome. My "perfect" sister in law ( no resentment there... lol) has her own little tea party in her backyard. It began several years ago with just a few friends. Then one year she decided to make it a mother /daughter tea. It has grown bigger each year. Last year they did a write up in a magazine on her tea party. She goes all out. But she makes it a fun day.

I think what I hate about her .. (not her.. she is really nice). Is that ...
that FUN person is inside me too... but she is held captive by this damn FAT woman who lives in my house unable to do sooo much.
I have this "thin" fun loving YOUNG woman who has been held captive for so longgggg that now she is too "damaged" (from carring this weight for so long) to ever get those fun years back.

I remember when I was younger how much I HATED older women telling me..."GET THAT WEIGHT OFF WHILE YOU ARE YOUNG... it gets harder and harder the older you get" And now... all I want to do is tell young ones... "Get that weight off of you while you are young. You can't get those years back"

Wow... how did I get so side tracked ?? LOL Sorry.

I know I owe more replies... I always do.
I just need to get to bed earlier tonight than last night... and it is almost 1am now.
Good night ladies. I love you all. And miss all of you MIA's.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 02-01-2004 at 02:01 AM.
Closed Thread