Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 09:21 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ and Ready To Try Again... #479

WELCOME !!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

We chat on Wednesday and Sunday at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
Old 01-24-2004, 09:22 AM   #2  

I started a new thread!
Old 01-24-2004, 09:54 AM   #3  
a work in progress...

Default Good Morning!

Another cold day here! Brrrrr! I don't think I'll be out walking today, don't tell my dog...it's just too darn icy! I've got to get out to the store this morning, pick up a few things for Dad, get down there and back in time to make dinner for my "beach buddy." He leaves for work around 5:00, so I have to find things that are quick, SBD friendly, and filling! I think I'm going to try the Beef Stroganoff tonight and serve it over mashed cauliflower. I made Grilled Salmon last night, it was excellent! Quick and yummy too, I will post the recipe on the recipe thread.

It's good to see so many coming out of "hiding!"

Terri...I was going to start a new thread after I made my coffee. You beat me to the punch...but I posted before you did!

I'd better get moving...I'll be back later...Have a great day, all!
Old 01-24-2004, 10:03 AM   #4  
You and Me in 2003

Morning all
Thin Damien is 15 months now. Here is a new pic of him and my brother. He has a head full of red hair.
Old 01-24-2004, 11:21 AM   #5  
Inchworm

Grilled salmon! I had that last night too! I am anxious to see your recipe.

I got a walk in already, I walked for 20 minutes, think that is a good start. I need to find my pedometer to keep track of miles.

more later
JOYce

Last edited by gmalil; 01-24-2004 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-24-2004, 12:08 PM   #6  
BELIEVE!

Hi Gals!

I have been a lazy couch potato this morning, but that is all changing as soon as I finish this post --- I have on my gym clothes and I am headed out the door to go workout!!! After that I am going to take a nice hot shower and DH and I are going to run some errands. I think we'll just have a fun day and do the house cleaning tomorrow.

Just another posting/opening windows hint. When you are ready to post just hold down your shift button when you click on the reply button and it will open a new reply window. Then, you can hold down your Alt + Tab buttons and click back and forth between the two windows.

Thin - I love Josh Duhamel - I never saw him on All My Children, but we always watch Las Vegas! He is such a cutie-pie! I should have warned you about Dunkin Donuts Apple Fritters - they are so yummy!! The only good thing I have going for me is that my gym is right next to Dunkin Donuts so it is very difficult to go in there without looking at the gym and feeling major guilt! Thanks for the baby advice! You are too funny!

Okay - As much as I want to stay and chat with all of you I have my motivation to get out the door and I don't want to lose it! I'll catch you later!

Hugs,
Barb

Old 01-24-2004, 01:52 PM   #7  
BELIEVE!

Mission Accomplished!

Just got back from the gym. Did 30 min. of Cardio and 30 min. of strength training!!!

Now we are off to lunch (uh oh) and to run errands!

Catch ya later taters!
Barb
Old 01-24-2004, 02:35 PM   #8  

Barb!

DH and I toured the Y this morning. I am really thinking about joining. We can join and not pay the $100 membership fee. DH, of course, acted stupid afterward and won't even consider using it. Part of my waffling is that I have all this stuff at home. I do use it. But am interested in having a free trainer available and having access to an eclipical (sp?) machine that I have never tried. I was hoping for him to want to use the pool for exercise. I need swimming lessons. I guess too, I'm feeling like I need help in getting 30 pounds off this year. Last year it was so slow and while I'm not looking for rapid, more than 2 pounds a month would be nice.

I'm thinking about using the 3 guest passes. And see how the budget works.

Too much "thinking" and not enough "doing".
Old 01-24-2004, 07:40 PM   #9  
I'm on my way!

My goodness where is everyone today??

Teri...we joined the "Y" and I love it! It only costs us $50 joining fee and $48 a month for the family membership. We get free childcare in the childwatch which is awesome. My son loves it! Today we let him play in there while we exercised. I did 30 minutes on the treadmill and a few arm machines to tone up my bat wings. Then I went and got him and we went swimming for an hour. He just loves to swim. He is a little fish!

Well After all that we went to Sam's Club and came home. I have been sitting on the computer doing school work and stuff and when I tried to get up my rear was sore! Not use to all that exercise!! LOL Progress though! I have had a good week food wise so I am looking forward to the scale monday night. I just hope I'm not disappointed!

Well I am exhausted now so I will head to bed and catch up with you all tomorrow. We are suppose to have lots of snow and I don't have anywhere to go so I will be finishing laundry and cleaning house and finishing up my school work for the week!

TTFN Love you all!
Michelle
Old 01-24-2004, 08:09 PM   #10  
You and Me in 2003

Hidy Ho chicklets

How is all my friends today? I am ok, full. We wnt out to eat at a new chinese buffet. It was huge but I guess I did ok.
I found out tonight that the DR. gave my stepmother only a few months to live. She has cancer . She had a breast removed several years ago. My sister is really taking it hard
Well not much else to report. Hope all of you have a great weekend.
Old 01-24-2004, 08:41 PM   #11  
Hang In There

Today has been a wierd day, I've felt bad, and sorta out of it all day. When I got up DH was gone, and I never heard him get up or get dressed or anything. I haven't slept that soundly in years. Dh had a breakfast meeting so I had to go to work without him and I had a hard time concentrating. And I've been sluggish all day. Since we got home, I've just layed around. It's rainy here today, maybe that's it.

Kat: you said you started SouthBeach. Is this your first try at it, or have you done it before? If you have not tried the White Chili, give it a try. It's great. I had my Bunko group at my house last night and that's what I served and no one knew it was "diet food".

Thin: I did get your email, and still trying to digest all the info in it. I think it's too involved for my mom, and although I think it would be fun, I don't have time to get it going right now. But thanks again for sending it.

To all of you who are feeling bad right now, just remember that tomorrow will be a better day. (or not)

I've lost so many post here lately I don't remember what I've posted, or what I've meant to post, but incase I haven't mentioned it, I did get another call from the research study lady, and they do have another machine that can do my MRI so I'm set up for a screening visit on Monday Feb 2th. I go in fasting and have a complete physical and lots of blood work, then it all that comes back okay I will go for the MRI of the liver and pancrease, and it that's okay I will be given the test medication and instructions on how to proceede for the next 8 months. Wish me luck, after the letdown I had over the weight limit thing, I've decided no to get excited about it again until I actually have the medication in my hands, and then to make myself believe Ihave the real thing and not the placebo.

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:26 PM   #12  

How is everyone?

I have had a sluggish day too. I just didn't feel like doing anything. My eyes feel like they can barely hold themselves open. I finally figured out about an hour ago that maybe it is my sinuses. (told you I was sluggish)

I am watching the Dr. Phil & Oprah shows from Monday about weight loss. The people so far on Dr. Phil have really lost a lot of weight. I want to be like them. Like Dr. Phil says - I have to change from the inside out.

I have had a tough week - my 14 year old niece passed out and is doctoring to find out why, an old friend died, a friends wife died and another friend was rushed to the hospital because she was bleeding internally. I think that is enough of that to last the whole rest of the year.
Old 01-24-2004, 11:08 PM   #13  
Dancing those pounds away

Angry

ok.. I am giving this a try Barb... I hit the shift/reply.
Hmmm Alt + tab does NOTHING. Hmmm
BUT... the shift/reply brought up two windows. I just have to look back and forth . That is even BETTER than alt/tab. : COOL !!!!! Thanks !!!!

I am not going to even try to remember what was on the last thread.
I will just go from here... except.. GIRL SCOUT cookies.. I do remember those. LOL Sandy... we are only taking orders here too. They will be delivered in March. So ... so far I am safe. LOL I remember when I was a girl scout leader I had a friend who lived in Nebraska... and they did not sell the girl scout calendars at all. Can you believe that.... they sold peanuts. Don't they know that is a boyscout item not a girl scout. LOL

Terri... thanks for starting the new thread. I had to chuckle at your post... quote...
Quote:
interested in having a free trainer available
That monthly fee... is not free. LOL I know what you meant ... no additional fee for a traniner... but it is still not free. LOL
I also loved another quote of yours...
Quote:
Too much "thinking" and not enough "doing"
Boy did you step on my toes there. Ouch!! But they are very wise words. You certainly inspire me.

Kat... my husband is going to love you if you get me to cook some of these dinners you are speaking of. They sound good and I need to improve our variety of lc eating.

Mary... What a cute little boy. I too have a red headed granddaughter. Fiesty little girl. LOL I am so sorry to hear about your stepmother. I never really had anyone close to me die before until my parents both within a few months ... it has changed my whole outlook on death. I can't explain how... but it is very different that before.
Joyce .. great job walking today. I think I would like a pedometer too if it is not feeling stupid on my leg. LOL

Barb ... again thanks for this shift/reply trick ... I LOVE IT !!!
And you and Thin quit talking about Apple Fritters at Dunkin donuts !!!
I had never hear of Krispy Kreme and you guys got my curiosty going and I now I am guilty of too many. I haave never hear of DD/ Apple fritters... and now I want to go driv and find one. LOL
But I am VERY PRoud of your mission accomplished!!!

Michelle.. sounds like you and your son had a wonderful time ... apart and together.
Good luck monday at Weigh in.

Barbg... I definitely want the recipe for White Chili !!!
sounds like you might be getting into that study afterall... but even if not.. you got a LOT of free testing.

Lucky... you have certainly had a rough week. {{ HUGS }} Some days it seems like it pours rain. I hopee your tomorrows are better.

Okay.. my daughter is here waiting on me... I have got to go.
Be back later... well maybe. LOL
Old 01-25-2004, 11:30 AM   #14  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone!

I'm back! Yes, this is a good thing. This last week was so disgustingly busy it was insane. But I have both jobs going now, my article and recipes on what the heck to do with your leftover easter eggs is turned in, and I've spent sososo many hours with my brother and his family just returned from China! Oh yeah, I even managed to get a party done on Friday afternoon. This is important, because those parties mean I'm heading to OK in the spring or not!

I'm going to make breaky for the girls and myself really fast, but I'm going to work hard to get back here and catch you all up on my life. I've at least managed to catch up on all the reading.

Andria

P.S. I didn't see a message from Pam anywhere. Pam, if you are reading this, I wanted to let you know how much I miss your presence here. Your positive attitude got me through so many hard moments this last year. I'd love to help return the favor if you are still having a rough time. *HUGS*
Old 01-25-2004, 12:19 PM   #15  
Progress..not perfection

Default Ok.....

How do I possibly catch up? I feel like I've been a total slacker when it comes to posting lately, but I've just felt out of sorts this week.

Being sick carried over into Monday and when I weighed in Tuesday, I'm happy to report a 4.6 lb. loss. Of course I'm not sure how much of that I'm actually going to gain back now that I'm actually putting some food into my system instead of just spewing it out.

Tomorrow, I am re-joining WW. I've got the $$ all saved and I'm doing the pre-pay option. I'm a little nervous about the Fast Track and only doing 20 pts. per day....but if something is called the Fast Track and it has the number 20, how can it possibly be bad?

Our Walmart Superstore just opened up on my end of town and I'm really excited about it. The only reason I would ever even go into town was to go to Walmart or to go to work and now I've got the largest Walmart Superstore in the state of Tennessee exactly only 1.4 miles from my house! Too cool!

I need to work on my exercising. Even though I've been eating better, exercise is the one thing I have been truly slacking on. I know I was sick for several days so the last thing I felt like doing was exercising, but it is now time to kick some bootay!

By the way, do any of you guys watch American Idol? I love it!
Closed Thread