Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2004, 09:44 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Arrow 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#475

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

We chat on Wednesday and Sunday at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
Old 01-17-2004, 09:49 PM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hhhheeeellllloooo! Anybody can start a new thread! I feel like a monopoly and I'm not!

Worked all day. Doing paperwork. About 2.5" of new snow here today. But we're having a heat wave. I think it made it up to 22 today! WooHoo!

See ya all later.
Old 01-17-2004, 10:10 PM   #3  
Inchworm

Angry

THIN, You're pretty funny with your "heatwave"! 22 deg , my goodness! things for me to look forward when I get to Idaho! my dgd was saying how cold it was today when it is 60! Hopefully though, we will go in early summer, when it is a bit warmer....ease our way in to the 'weather'.

Helping with our daughter's move today was quite an experience (I will count it as my 'extra activity') I stayed at the new house and made beds, assembled bookshelves etc while waiting for the cable guy to hook up t.v.'s. Also the 'classic' plumber arrived to do some work! OH MY goodness!!! low riding pants exposing a behind that we didn't need to see! thought that was a t.v. joke!! dgd and I had some good laughs!
Today was another glimpse of what to expect when we move. Lots of hard work. dh said today that maybe we will hire some of the high school kids from church to help load the truck when the time comes. and there are big strong sons and grandson in Idaho to unload! Which answers a question that someone asked...we are choosing Idaho because we do have quite a bit of family there, including 3 great grand kids that I haven't seen a lot of. and dh is originally from that part of the country.

I can't remember what I was going to respond to from the other thread
I'll have to go back and make some notes, but I already lost one post, so will be back another time!

BTW, is there a regular time that you start a new thread, or what is the criteria?????

ttyl
JOYce

Last edited by gmalil; 01-17-2004 at 11:10 PM.
Old 01-18-2004, 12:15 AM   #4  
Dancing those pounds away

Angry Are you tired of hearing from me yet ???

Good evening again. I just woke up from falling asleep on the couch watching a movie with DH. We both were sawing logs. I live such an exciting life. LOL

Barb... glad you are home safe and sound. Nice to hear both your mom and da are doing fine. There is nothing like coming home and sleeping in our own beds.

Michelle... My poor husband suffered for years from MY PMS. I am so thankful I don't have that problem much anymore... but not as thankful as him.

Andria.. My heart goes out to you and your knee problems. Been there and done that. It is NOT fun. I can not remember the last day I lived without pain. I hope it gets better real soon.

Mary... one positive thing about the food being only so so .. is that it helps you not over eat. Can't wait for the pics.

Kat... you cracked me up. LOL
You wrote about your dad's pooping problems... and then wrote.....
Quote:
Just popping in to say Hi
I read.... Just pooping in to say Hi.

Joyce... Your post "cracked" me up too. The plumber story was too funny.
Moving is "beyond the normal routine". We recently moved too and it is HARD WORK. I am embarrassed to say I STILL have stuff undone.
You asked about we start a new thread. We started years ago starting a new thread after 30 posts. There were several reasons why we chose 30.
One reason was because some of us had slow loading computers and it took a long time to download photos and posts and recipes and everything so we limited the number of posts to 30. Another reason was because we could keep a count of how many posts we had written as a group. We are now on thread #475 so that lets us know we have written approximately 14,250 posts since this thread start 3 years ago. WOW ... I am in shock. I had no idea it has been soooo many.

Thin.... CAN YOU BELIEVE HOW MANY POSTS WE HAVE READ ??? !!!!!!!
I had to laugh when I read your post. I was going to start a new thread when I posted last time.. but forgot before I finished writing. My memory is really going fast. Thank you for taking such good care of us. {{ HUGS }}
Okay... I am still on program !!!!! I am almost afraid to post that because I don't want to jinx myself... but I just had to. I was thinking about why I joined an online support group. And one reason was because I had felt totally hopeless. But when I found this online support system it offered me hope again. I think the lowest I ever felt was when I felt totally hopeless. And if my "once again" "back on program" can offer someone hope... I have to post it. Thanks for standing by me through all of my ups and downs.
Old 01-18-2004, 12:44 AM   #5  
Inchworm

Smile Thanks 2 Cute!

Thanks for the thread info. Makes sense to me. My puter is sometimes slow too. I had occasion to experience DSL at my daughters today, WOW what a difference! When we get moved, we will change over to that!

yes, the plumber was really funny, your coment about being 'cracked up' remindied me of my dgd's remark, her daddy is a deputy sheriff who worked many years undercover as a drug cop. so he had experience dealing with Crack and eduacated his kids accordingly, as well as making some timely jokes, so I wasn't too surprised when she said today, after seeing 'too much' of the plumber, "Daddy says that 'crack' kills!" She is 11.

Talking about motivation and support: the WW lecture this week was on support, and how important the support of going to meetings is, but I agree that the support from a thread such as this is very helpful as well. I really appreciate it.

Also, a yr ago my dear sister, age 58, died from that awful Cancer. She only had 5 months after her diagnosis. I got involved In Cancer Support causes, including the American Cancer society's Relay for Life. I raised a lot of money for research, but was so out of shape that I didn't do much walking at the relay. I vowed that this yr, I would be ready to do some serious walking in her memory. I have procrastinated about walking regularly, but am being reminded right now that it is a MUST!! The relay is May 15. I've promised my team that I will be here for it, even if I am in the middle of moving.

more tomorrow...
JOYce
Old 01-18-2004, 11:03 AM   #6  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

I think I'm feeling better this morning. I finally faced what was bothering me and have realized that action does need to be taken. Not sure if I have caught you all up to speed, but the company I work for decided to not sell, but they did decide to close the doors to my shop. The owner's wife really likes me and told her husband that he was going to make a job for me at the corporate office. I'm taking over payables and the cost accounting. The corp. office is supposed to be really close to my other new job. I'm starting that one Monday, at least I hope. The start date keeps changing.

Well, I'm dealing with guilt because I'm loving the new position and the guys at the other shop are so unhappy. All but one of them have a position to move to, and that one has been offered a job in one of the other company stores. Guilt is what I have kept telling myself the problem was.

Last night I kept waking up with bad dreams. I have been finding evidence that two people at the closing store have been taking things and one of them has been deleting sales orders from the computer. These sales orders are jobs that have been completed, but he was trying to keep the fact hidden that they hadn't been paid for yet. I have known about them on the compuer for a long time, but as long as payment was coming in, I was willing to cover for him. Now that they are deleted, I don't know what to do. I wish I had made copies, because the ones I remember add up to thousands. Two of the items I know have been taken from the store are $2,000 apiece.

I really care about these guys. They are like brothers. They know it is my job to keep my eyes open for this kind of garbage. That is why I work for both corporate and the individual store. In my dreams, I kept trying to find a way to make it all work out so they could return the stolen items and do something about those sales orders without me having to completely blow the whistle on them. I need to figure this out today, because it isn't worth another sleepless night and becoming such close friends with a bottle of Tums.

Ok, enough of that!

Corp. office has a flight of stairs. I think my knee problem was because of the 8 trips up and down the stairs on Friday. I was so happy because I was going up the stairs normally all day and without any pain. On the drive home my knee kind of froze up and I could barely walk in the house. I spent the night with a rice bag on it and taking ibuprofen. It was substantially better yesterday until I spent 3 hours doing cleaning that no one could tell was done when I finished. Grrr... At least I know the toilets, showers and all the sinks are sparkling, and there isn't a handprint or smudge mark on any door or light plate in the place!

I'm going to take it easy today. Since church is on the afternoon schedule all this year, I got to sleep in. When we decided to crawl out of bed, I made a nice breaky for all of us. Sunday morning big breakfasts are my favorite! I had my favorite foods, but made a point to eat a half of the portion I would normally. We have lots of fruits and veggies around for snacks, and I'm going to try my hand at making bread later this afternoon. Have to wait until then because the house isn't warm enough for bread to rise! I used to make this particular loaf when I was working on eating fewer processed carbs and processed sugars. It is a honey oatmeal loaf. Thing weighs in at around 3 lbs! But hey, I was losing weight doing this before, and it is worth a shot. Breaking myself of the sugar is the hardest part, but I still get my carbs. Well, I get some of my carbs. Brown rice, old-fashioned oatmeal, honey, real maple syrup, molasses are all okay, but you steer away from as much white flour and white sugar as possible. Does that make sense?

I'm outta here. Let's see if I actually get the bread made. My motivation is fading fast!

Andria

Last edited by qsilver; 01-18-2004 at 11:06 AM.
Old 01-18-2004, 12:15 PM   #7  
I'm on my way!

Good morning chickie poos! Where the heck is everyone today?

Can you believe that I got my rear in gear out the door to the "Y" this morning and took my little guy swimming? He loves to swim and is so proud of himself swimming by himself. With the help of the swim bubbles that is! John came with us and we took turns staying with Andrew in the shallow end while we did laps a few times. When I was in the shallow part I still swam along side the boy and he thought that was the greatest thing. I also did leg exercises while he was walking up and down the stairs. They have a ramp of steps that go down into the pool so you don't have to climb up and down those darn ladders. I guess to make it handipcap accessible! I like it and Andrew sure likes it. When he gets tired he hangs out on the stairs and is still in the water. I think he will probably take a nap today! He swam his little rear off this morning! So...that is the start of my exercise. I plan to go to the Y to do the treadmill and machines on tuesday and thursday each week. I didn't go to WI (not Wisconsin) today because one of the girls at work wants to join and we are going to go on Monday nights, so I figured I would wait one more day for her. She also belongs to the Y and wants to go too....she has 3 kids and a husband so she is going to try and make some time for herself now! Kinda what I need to do! I think I might be back on the road to losing my weight that I gained back from prenancy. It sure took me long enough...my baby is 3 years old for crying out loud! He is laying on the couch watching scooby doo...hopefully he will fall asleep and take a nap. He has been up since 2 am. Yep! He fell asleep at 5:30 last night...we were so tired we were in bed watching tv at 6:30 and I think I fell asleep at 7:00 and at 2 am Andrew comes into our room and touches my arm...I told him to get back in his bed and he said no Spongebob...so I put a video in for him. Then when that was over 45 mins later...he touches my arm again. He says mommy can I have toast? SO of course I get up at 2:45 am and make my baby toast and give him some milk and put in another spongebob tape. When that was over...he touches my arm again (never says a word) and I said get in bed w/ mommy and daddy...so he did and I woke up at 4 am and could barely move since I was hanging on the edge of the bed for my dear life...so I went on the couch and left the two men snoring in the bed together. At 6 am he comes up to me on the couch and says Mommy wake up! So I turned the tv onto the disney channel for him and he sits at the end of the couch and watches tv...and climbs on my legs, walks on my stomach, asks for candy...did I give it to him you ask? Of course! Anything to get a few more minutes sleep. He went and got a package of reeses cups so I opened it for him and gave him a wipey because it always melts in his hands. Then he was walking on my legs and I asked him to let the dog out and he does but comes back and sits on my stomach. So....I figured what the heck...time to get up!

Enough about me...

Barb glad to know you are home safe and sound and that your mom is hanging in there as well as your dad! Just keep your chin up and things will work out just fine for you and your family. Keep the faith!

Andria...what a dilemma you are in!

Joyce we call that butt cleavage!

2Cute I think Andria was doing the PMS'ing this time!! LOL I think I am over mine for the time being! As I was getting ready to go swimming today I thought of you and how you hate to go in front of other people. I was the same way for the longest time but now I say who cares...let them look all they want when I get in or out of the pool. At least I am doing something healthy for myself now! And eventually these legs won't be so big anymore!

Thin we had about another 1/2 inch of snow last night then it turned to rain so now its all slushy outside! I hate the snow...it makes such a mess!!

Mary get that pic taken...we are all still waiting!!

Tina...where are you?

Well I better get going for now and do some laundry. I can't believe I already have to get ready to go back to work tomorrow. The weekend sure passes quickly! I'll check back later!

TTFN Michelle
Old 01-18-2004, 02:22 PM   #8  

2cute singing.....
"I feel good .... Na na na na na na na
Like I knew that I would ... Na na na na na na na
SO GOOD !!! SO GOOD !!! I feel fine !!!!"

Sorry for that BURST in song... and lack of singing abilities.. and lack of knowledge of the words... LOL ... But I just had to sing !!!

But being ON PROGRAM feels so much better than being off.
This first couple of days were HARD ... but I made it.. FINALLY !!!
I not only feel better emotionally... and spiritually ... I feel better physcially too.
When I engage in a lot of carbs I get so LAZY and feel sleepy all the time.
But when I give them up I feel ENERGIZED !!!!

Andria ... You are certainly in a no win situation. {{ HUGS }}
I am the President of the "Master of Guilt Club" so I know how you are feeling.
If you don't tell you feel guilty. If you do tell you will feel guilty.
So the dilemma.... what to do.???

I don't know the answer for you. BUT... remember... you are going to feel guilty no matter what you do so I suggest to do what you feel is right in your heart.

There is a saying I use and totally believe in... I am not doing this to hurt you... I am doing this to help me. Sometimes doing what is right for you can hurt someone else. You can not continue to hurt yourself to protect someone else from being hurt. Also remember.... YOU did NOT put them into that situation. THEY put themselves there. They could have avoided being caught by not doing it in the first place. And it sounds like you are not talking about someone stealing a stapler. You are talking about THOUSANDS of dollars.

Is there any way you can go to the corporate office and tell them you suspect someone is doing those things without naming names. Give them the facts you have seen and let corporate office find them.
I know I never want to "rock the boat" ... but this sounds fairly serious.

I also want to suggest you get yourself a knee brace if you will have to do stairs much. They are elastic and just gives added support.
And what the heck is a "rice bag" ???
My doctor told me to take 2 aleve for the inflamation and 2 advil for the pain twice a day. You might want to give that a try instead of just ibprofren.

Joyce... my sister also has cancer. She has been winning the fight so far.. but it depresses me to know that it takes longer and longer to win each battle or reoccurence. I would like to join in your goal to be able to walk at least one mile in her honor too. Thanks for sharing.

Michelle... GREAT job going swimming. There was this woman on Oprah who shared how she went swimming when she was 300lbs and Oprah said she could never do that. The woman replied.. "They were making fun of me when I was not swimming .. so why not swim and get healthy inspite of them. Let them make fun of me... I am getting well." I liked her attitude and remember her all the time when I dread swimming some days.

Okay... gotta go. I am taking myself to the movies today.
Old 01-18-2004, 03:32 PM   #9  

YAHOO---LOST 2 LBS. been stuck in a rut since christmas. pat
Old 01-18-2004, 05:35 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

I'm having a lazy Sunday. The sun is shining and its cold! I've got a fire going and have been sitting in the recliner since after we had lunch. I've napped. I've read. I've stared off into space!

Yesterday, I had the day to myself again! DH was gone to a church retreat for the men. So, i worked on laundry, bills, cleaning off my desk downstairs, staining my nightstand and watching reruns of the "Body Challenge" on Discovery Health. It got me remotivated. I hopped on the spinner for 30 minutes while watching the last episode. It was obvious that radical change to the body won't come without lots of hard work and dedication.

I heard something the other day on either Dr. Phil or Oprah during one of their weight-loss shows. Someone was talking about how losing the weight has changed their life. What we don't seem to really grasp and commit to, is that we have to change our life in order to lose the weight for good.

I need to get up and make the food plan for the week. DH is off tomorrow and he can go to the store.

Part of the message at church today was about "intention". Intention takes vision - what do we want; it takes a plan - how are we going to get there; and execution - DO IT! Don't fail to execute your plan.

2Cute - It is great to see your enthusiasm and happiness at being OP. I'm glad you didn't give up.

Kat - Its great to see you back around. I'm glad to see that you dad is doing well and that your mom is too.

Barb - I'm also so happy to see that your dad is doing well and that you're home safe and sound.

Congrats to those who posted losses! to everyone getting up and getting moving!

Hello to everyone else. Sorry for not doing more replies. I did read but can't quite remember what all is going on.

Speaking of that, I'm off to put on a second coat of stain. Then menu planning.

Have a great Sunday evening!
Old 01-18-2004, 07:38 PM   #11  
a work in progress...

&^$^%#^#&()(*^$#$ I did it again!!!!! I'm sure I logged in....when I went to post, I was booted to a screen that told me to log in and then I lost my post!! It was a good one too...even made me laugh!

Does anyone chat anymore?? I'm going to pop in (not poop, 2cute!) at 8:30 eastern time...anyone care to join me?

later, gators....
Old 01-18-2004, 08:15 PM   #12  
You and Me in 2003

I will
Old 01-18-2004, 08:24 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Angry Posting my minutes

Hi Friends
For the week of 1/12 - 1/18:
352 Minutes of exercise

9 miles-walking, I also added one day of aerobics (45 min steps) (20 min ab work and cool down). And this week I will be doing 3 days.
Old 01-18-2004, 10:36 PM   #14  

Angry

GRRRRrrrrr .... I never go to chat.. I always forget about it.. plus I have a hard time keeping up. LOL BUT tonight I read Kats post and it was 8:30est but I could not get into chat. It would not let me enter a username at all. Grrrr I guess I am not meant to chat.

I had a GREAT day. I took Thin's advice and took the day for ME.
Saw two movies... Along came Polly and Cheaper by the Dozen.
Then had a nice taco salad for dinner.
I was going to end this nice day with a chat but it was not to be.

Oh one more thing... QueenB/Tina is sick with some bad bug. She has been sick since Thursday. She sends her love and will be back when she starts feeling better. And if any of you remember Jiffypop... she says hello to everyone too.

Okay... gotta go. See you again soon.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 01-18-2004 at 10:39 PM.
Old 01-18-2004, 10:54 PM   #15  
Hang In There

Default Back on the wagon!

Well after the terrible day Friday and the Bad day yesterday, today was a GOOD day. Tomorrow will be even Better.

Maybe I can borrow some of 2cutes enthusiam

Michelle, It really does work. I don't care what I look like in a swimming suit either. I've been doing water aerobics for several years, and although I'm not loosing much weight
Reckon it could be all the cookies I've eaten?
anyway, I just all of a sudden discovered that my saddle bags were GONE. So keep it up, and you too will see the results.

Barb & Kat, glad things are going well with your dads.

Kat I was in the chat room the last couple of Sunday nights, but no one else was there, so tonight I didn't come online until too late.

Hope everyone has a great week, I plan to.
Closed Thread