Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 11:16 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Arrow 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#473

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

We chat on Wednesday and Sunday at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
Old 01-14-2004, 01:04 AM   #2  
Dancing those pounds away

Default Happy Birthday

This works out pretty good. A new thread for a new birthday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR JEN !!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR JEN
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU !!!!

Old 01-14-2004, 02:36 AM   #3  

Happy Birthday Jen!!!!

Girls!!!!!!!!!!!! howdy!!!! I have come back from the dead!!! Well at least it feels like it considering the no of posts that I have missed.

I gained lbs since Christmas, and the drive, the desire, the motivation and the strength I had before when I was on program has all but disappeared. In my head I am still thinking it, but putting it into action, WELL THAT IS JUST A WHOLE OTHER STORY!!! I do not know what to say other than, I intend ot come here and post everyday, even if I am slipping. I intend to ACT AS IF, until I start doing it right again.

I love you all, and I will go back and read a bit to try and get caught up on all that is going on in your lives.

Well see you in the am, at a decent hour!!!
Old 01-14-2004, 02:58 AM   #4  

THANKS Pj and 2Cute!! I pretty much forgot it was my birthday until I saw your posts LOL. I was shocked to see birthday wishes for me. Nobody around here knows it's my b-day. Not even my kids. My DH knows, but we all know where he is, so basically it's just another day for me. I'm cleaning today and that's about it.
Thanks a bunch guys! You're all too sweet!!
I'll pop in again later,
Jen
Old 01-14-2004, 06:56 AM   #5  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR JEN....WE LOVE YA
Old 01-14-2004, 07:51 AM   #6  
You and Me in 2003

Happy Birthday Jen

Good morning chickies
Hope all of you are op. I went off a little yesterday but I will hop back on today. Just two days till the board dinner and seminar. I will be glad when it's over.

Any body want any baby guppies? They are running out my ears

well gotta run catch you all later. anybody up for chat tonight?
Old 01-14-2004, 08:33 AM   #7  
Hang In There

I can't get used to the reply button on the left side. I keep pulling up other people's post and wondering how they got there

Anyway, I thing I'm straight now.

Happy Birthday JEN

Believe it or not we are going to close on the building today at 2:00. Things have continued to be bumpy, every day it's something different. Yesterday when we got the final papers, it turned out our down payment is about 10,000 more that we had planned for, so we had to scramble and transfer money and clean out our personal accounts to make sure we had enough. And on top of all that, the closing was supposed to be just on the building, the money for the equipment and software, etc was being helt up until the construction was completed. We spent all of yesterday trying to convince them that we really need to be able to but the equiptment and machinery right away.

I'm going to have my BMI weighed/measured/whatever the do to determine it Friday morning/ They are going to do it at the fitness lab at my health club. The weigh you underwater. Should be interesting. I'll let you know how it is after it's over.

Speaking of health clubs, I've got to go get ready, catch you all later.
Old 01-14-2004, 09:35 AM   #8  
Kansas Chic

Good morning Ladies!!!

Happy Birthday Jen!!

Things are a lil less stressful today I think I will pull through. I got my daughter some counseling I hope all goes well! Are any of you familiar with PCOS/IR? I am trying to find energy to exercise grr...it's not working! Well you ladies have a great day and take care.
Old 01-14-2004, 11:02 AM   #9  
Dancing those pounds away

Jen... You do something special for your birthday with your kids today!!!!
You are just as important and special as anyone .... and your kids not only need to know , they will want to know. It can be just going to a movie, or a park, or getting a family type video ... but do something !!!!! Children learn from your example... and they need to learn that mommys birthday is just as important as theirs. It doesn't have to cost money... it just needs to be in "your honor".... in celebration of your birthday!!!

Pam... THANK YOU for your post !!!! I needed to hear what you wrote.

Sandy... good morning
Barbg ... congratulations !!!!
Mary.. I'll pass on the fish ... maybe you should consider a fish fry. JK
Cano... I am glad you are seeking help with your daughter. As far as exercise.. sometimes we just have to white knuckle it and JUST DO IT. I need to take some of my own advice,

Have a great day ladies !!
Old 01-14-2004, 12:46 PM   #10  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! I wish I had more time to spend with you all today, but my Christmas stuff is still up and I promised honey that I would stay home today and work on it. Well, I had such a terrible night last night coughing that I stayed in bed until noon and just got up. Now I have two reports from yesterday to write by 2:00 and that pretty much screws up the day, doesn't it.

First of I must say:
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday, dear Jen!!
Happy Birthday to you! and many more....

Second:
Welcome to the several new people who have joined us. I promise I will come back and welcome you properly when I get a minute.

Third:
Thank you, thank you, thank you, for all the wonderful birthday wishes. You guys really made my day. I ended up going to the movies and seeing Calendar Girls, all by myself, me and my popcorn and frozen cherry. The movie was ok. I wouldn't pay money to see it again. It's a renter. (Do you guys classify movies in the "buy", "see", or "rent" categories too, or are we just crazy here???

Honey took me to dinner, Mexican. Then I had promised that we would meet "the baby" at the car dealership because he wanted to buy a car and with working full time and going to school 4 nights a week, he doesn't have much time. The dealerships are only open late on Monday and Thursday so I told him we'd meet him after class. It did not go well. The salesperson was HORRIBLE! She was condescending, insincere, a liar..... The list goes on. Maybe you guys know the type. They ask if you have any questions, you ask for the interest rate and they say "I'll get that for you in a minute". Then they ask you again if you have any questions and you ask for the price of the car and they come back with a monthly payment. She was just terrible. Finally she made "the Baby" give her a price he would pay and before taking it to a manager, she wanted him to sign a statement that he would buy it if she came back at that price. OMG! We all got up and walked out.

We went to my mother's for cake and ice cream after the dealership adventure. My honey got me a beautiful gold bracelet. I love it. The boys got me a couple of movies. My mom got me a beautiful porcelain trinket that has a poem on it about wonderful daughters.

Yesterday I met "the Baby" at lunchtime at another dealership and he bought his car and drove it off the lot at the same time. YIKES! The difference in salespeople was night and day.

And finally:
Well, I've rambled enough without saying anything, haven't I??? Thanks for listening. I'm just so HOT about the dealership issue. I would love to go tomorrow night and drive up with him in his new car to the first dealership and do a na na na na na, sorta thing.

I'll be back later when my Christmas is put away and my job reports are done and do some responses. I'm sorry I can't do that now. I do want to say CONGRATS to all of you who have lost this week. And they were some awsome losses!

Before I go, I wanted to make sure that you have all noticed Suzanne's notice at the top of our page. It's about subscriptions to the forum. First let me say that the forum will remain FREE. But, in order for it to remain FREE, she has to have the ad banners. What she is offering is for you to receive NO ADS when you subscribe to the forum. It won't get rid of the ads anywhere but on the message boards, but I don't know about you, here is the only place it really bothers me. It makes our message board screen load slower and it makes it really narrow. Anyway, you can try the subscription for a week for $1(if you just want to see what it would be like. Or you can get, 3 months for $10, and 6 months for $15.

I've tried this and let me tell you, it is well worth the minimal expense. Anyway, I just thought I would call your attention to it in case you didn't see the announcement.

Gotta go. Love you bunches.
Old 01-14-2004, 04:24 PM   #11  

hi everyone I am not a good typer one handed. i am having a little trouble gettig back on track after the holidays. any suggestions, i am doing low carb and i found low carb sugarless choc. how much will that impede me. i am also lousy at exercise. i have this excuse i am on my feet all day at work. i work in housekeeping and laundry in a nursing home. love the people! it is cold here today in mn. it has been getting colder all day---but tomorrow it is to warm up. hope everyone is warm happy birthday to jen. pat
Old 01-14-2004, 04:33 PM   #12  

paperdoll i am new to the sight. sugarless doesn't always mean low cal. so be sure to read labels. i love sugarless recee cups but they are still high in calories. i hate exercise too but it helps to have a walking buddy. hope i helped a little.
Old 01-14-2004, 05:26 PM   #13  
Michigan Old-Timer

Quick breather from Christmas decorations. Ssshhhh, don't tell on me.

Honey and "the Baby" are on their way home. They got off work early because *+*+*+WINTER+*+*+* has come to MICHIGAN today. (those were snowflakes, in case you didn't get it. ) And "the Baby" driving a new car! I will be happy when they are both home safe and sound.

Ok, back to Christmas ****. See you all later.
Old 01-14-2004, 05:28 PM   #14  
I'm on my way!

Just a side note on the sugarless/low carb chocolate...its a laxative in disquise!! I learned my lesson there!!

I'm a bit P.O.'d with work today. They gave us a memo that effective tomorrow our prescription coverage on our insurance has been cancelled and we will probably get a different insurance plan in may or june but until then tough luck if you need prescriptions! Can you all say MORALE?? I am putting my son on Aetna individual plan which is better than my plan at work for less than half the money I have been paying for him. I can get some prescriptions at work for like antibiotics and stuff for me but my son needs coverage especially at this time of year. Some prescriptions are so expensive. Well this new health coverage will have basically the same prescription coverage as this plan but the copay and all will be a little higher but the premiums will be less. We get our individual plan paid for by the doctor but we have to pay extra for any family members. I pay $115 biweekly so thats $230 a month just for Andrew. With the Aetna plan I will only have to pay $105 a month. Can't beat that!! Plus he will have prescription coverage. I think that was the last blow at this office and EVERYONE is looking for a new job!

Anyway...I gotta run...hate to whine and run but you know my busy schedule!

TTFN Love you all! Michelle
Old 01-14-2004, 06:00 PM   #15  
Syn
ONE BITE AT A TIME*Loser*

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEN

I have been off program for awhile now, and need to get back at it again...and I was doing so well there for awhile! Why does this happen? I get sidetracked by something I crave and then can't leave it alone....must be much like an addict...ARUGGG! I know better but I do it anyway! I must learn to take my own advice...ONE BITE AT A TIME....and one day at a time......

Hope the rest of you are being better at this than myself, as I read I see some of you are doing super.....

I will try to respond to individual posts next time....

Until then........Love to all and...............
Closed Thread