3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   300+ ....Recipes (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/34754-300-recipes.html)

DoxieMom 08-25-2005 01:33 PM

Okay, ladies. Here are some of my most favorite Weight Watchers - Winning Points - recipes. It turned rather lengthy, but I just couldn't decide between some, so put quite a few on here. Enjoy.

Beef ‘N Noodles au Gratin
Makes 4 servings = 5 Points each

12 oz lean ground beef sirloin
1 large onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
3 oz uncooked broad noodles, cooked according to package directions
1 teaspoon oregano leaves
¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper
½ cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese

1. Preheat oven to 350° F.

2. In a 3-quart saucepan, cook beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up meat, until cooked through, 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat.

3. Stir in tomatoes, noodles, oregano, salt, and pepper. Spoon into 11/2-quart casserole; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, cov­ered, until heated through and cheese is melted, 15-20 minutes.

WW Mexican Enchilada Casserole
Makes 6 Servings = 4 1/2 points per serving

1 medium onion, chopped
1 can diced green chili's
1 lb 93% lean ground beef
1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes with Mexican seasoning, UNDRAINED
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 teaspoon of cumin
1 15 oz can of ranch beans (or chili beans or dark red beans), UNDRAINED 1/2 to 1 small can of tomato sauce
6 fat-free tortillas
2 cups reduced fax Mexican Cheese, grated
Salt and pepper to taste

Use a small amount of water to cook onion and green pepper, as well as optional squash, in non-stick skillet over medium heat, until translucent. Add ground beef and stir until cooked. Season with salt and pepper. When cooked, drain any liquid. Add remaining ingredient except for tortilla and cheese. Cook on low for 10 minutes, until piping hot. Sauce will be like a thin spaghetti sauce consistency.

Spray the inside of a 3.5 crockpot with Pam. Layer with 3/4 cup mixture (1 cup if using squash), tortilla and 1/2 cup cheese. Make 6 layers. Pour extra mixture over top. Cook for 4-5 hours.

6-Point Taco Pie
Makes 9 Servings = 6 Points per serving

1 lb. lean ground beef, drained
1 1/2 C whole kernel corn, drained
1 C pinto or chili beans, drained
1 can condensed tomato soup
1/4 cup water
1 packet taco seasoning mix (reserve 1 tsp for topping)
1 C Reduced-fat Bisquick mix
1 egg
1/2 C skim milk
1 C grated lowfat cheese

Instructions
Brown and drain ground beef. If desired, rinse beef under hot water to remove extra fat. Add beans, corn, soup, water, and all but one teaspoon of the taco seasoning. Pour into 9-inch square baking dish.

In a separate bowl, combine Bisquick, egg, milk, cheese, and 1 tsp taco seasoning until well blended.

Top meat/bean mixture with Bisquick topping mixture, spreading gently to ensure that entire casserole is covered with topping mix.

Bake 15-20 minutes at 375 degrees (400 if using metal pan) until topping is set and just lightly brown.

Speedy Shepherd’s Pie
Makes 4 Servings = 7 Points per serving

12 ounces extra-lean ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup each sliced baby carrots and frozen baby peas
1/2 cup low-sodium beef broth
2 cups prepared instant potato flakes (prepared according to package directions) Dash paprika

1. Preheat oven to 375° F.

2. In 10" nonstick skillet cook beef over medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up meat, 3-4 minutes, until no longer pink. Add onion; cook, stirring constantly, until onion is soft­ened, 2-3 minutes. Add carrots and peas; continue to cook and stir until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add broth; bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low; let simmer until most of the liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes.

3. Transfer mixture to 1'/2-quart casserole. Top mixture with pre‑pared potato flakes, spreading and fluffing with a fork; sprinkle with paprika. Bake until heated through, 15-20 minutes.

Broccoli Cauliflower Chicken Wraps
*1 Cup Mix = 1 Serving = 1 Point

1 "Bunch" Broccoli
1/2 - 3/4 Head of Cauliflower
8-10 oz Cooked Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
1/3 – 2/3 c. FF shredded cheese
2 Taco Size Flour Tortillas (*Depending on what brand you buy, they will either be 1 or 2 points each.)
1 package dry Hidden Valley Ranch
(Prepare per package instructions, using light mayonnaise and skim milk *1 TBSP = 1 Serving =
1 Point)

***I made this recipe up myself, so directions aren't "cookbook" precise!***

Cut broccoli and cauliflower into bite size pieces and combine in large bowl. I then take my one cupmeasuring scoop and transfer mixture into another bowl counting my cups. I normally end up with about 7 – 8 cups, and that's how I decided how much chicken to add. Once you add chicken and shredded cheese, you can pretty much count on it being 2 – 3 cups more. Cut chicken into cubed bite size pieces and add to veggie mixture. I use Best Choice FF Cheese, which is 1 point per 1/3 cup, so then I will add 2/3 cup of shredded cheese. I then transfer the entire contents back into theoriginal bowl, measuring out cups with my one cup scoop. I usually end up with 11 cups of mixture, equaling 1 point per cup.

I put 1/2 cup of mixture into a low-fat taco size flour tortilla, 1-2 points per tortilla depending on what brand you buy, and then drizzle one tablespoon of ranch dressing over mixture, fold and eat.

Ending up with 1 point per cup mix, using flour tortillas that are 2 points each, and using 2 tablespoons of dressing, two complete wraps equals 7 points. If you can find the 1 point tortillas, you can have two wraps for 5 points.

Cheesy Crockpot Chicken
8 Servings = 4 ½ points per serving

2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cans Healthy Request 98% FF cream of chicken soup
1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Place chicken breasts in the crockpot. Mix the undiluted soups together with the garlic powder and pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours, until chicken is tender. Serve over rice or noodles (don't forget to add these POINTS)

Crockpot Chicken and Rice
POINTS® value | 5
Servings | 4

Ingredients
1 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast(s)
10 3/4 oz Can Campbell's (U.S.) Healthy Request Condensed Chicken Noodle Soup
4 oz uncooked white rice
1 cup water

Instructions
Place all ingredients in crockpot; cook on low for 5-6 hours. Add salt and pepper to taste. This is really good, especially in the winter!!

Savory Chicken Chili
Makes 8 servings = 5 Points per serving

45 oz can of Great Northern beans
12 oz. of boneless chicken breast
1 red onion (chopped)
2 sweet red peppers (chopped)
4 oz can of green chills
3 med. garlic cloves
3 1/2 cup fat free chicken broth 2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried oregeno

Drain the beans. Cook and chop the chicken. Combine in crock pot. Mix thoroughly. Cooks 8 -10 hrs. in crock pot on low heat. I usually prepare everything the night before and then just toss in the crockpot before I go to work the next morning.

Creamy Vegetable Soup
Makes 4 servings (1 1/2 cup servings) = 4 points per serving

16 oz Bird's Eye Broccoli, Corn and Peppers (Frozen) 3 c. O'Brien Potatoes
with peppers
1 - 14 1/2 oz FF Chicken Broth
8 oz Velveeta Lite
1 c. Evaporated Skim Milk
Pepper to taste

Combine first three ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer until tender. Add cheese, milk and pepper.

Easy Cheesy Salad
1 Cup = 1 Point

3 c. chopped fresh broccoli
3 c. chopped fresh cauliflower
½ c. chopped red onion
3 T. bacon bits
4 c. FF shredded cheddar cheese
½ c. FF mayonnaise
¼ c. sugar substitute
¼ c. apple cider vinegar

Combine broccoli, cauliflower, red onion, bacon bits and cheese in bowl and set aside. In a separate small bowl mix mayonnaise, sugar substitute and vinegar. Beat until smooth. Pour over veggie/cheese mixture. Mix well. Chill for at least 2 hours.

Breakfast Casserole
Makes 4 servings - 6 Points per serving

2 oz cooked lean ham
1 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese 4 large egg(s)
2 cup fat-free skim milk
2 slice bread

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350. Spray 8 x 8 baking pan with Pam. Arrange bread cubes in single layer in baking pan. Sprinkle evenly with ham, then all but two tablespoons of the cheese. In mixing bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, salt and pepper. Mix well. Pour egg mixture over ingredients in pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake until top is browned and knife comes out clean, about 1 hour.

Herbed Ham-and-Potato Frittata
Makes 4 Servings - 4 Points per serving

1 serving olive oil cooking spray (5 one-second sprays per serving)
3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
1/2 cup extra-lean ham, approximately 11% fat, diced
1 1/2 cup fat-free egg substitute 1 Tbsp parsley, fresh, chopped
1 Tbsp rosemary, fresh, chopped 1 Tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste

Instructions
1. Preheat broiler.

2. Coat a 10-inch, nonstick, ovenproof skillet with olive oil cooking spray. Add potatoes and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and tender, about 10 minutes. Note: Add water by the tablespoon to prevent sticking, if necessary.

3. Add ham, egg substitute, herbs, salt and pepper, and cook until almost firm, about 10 minutes. Transfer skillet to broiler and broil until browned on top, about 3 to 5 minutes. Cut into 4 wedges and serve.

Enjoy ladies!

Lilion 10-04-2005 03:50 PM

Mandarin Orange Cake

Mandarin Orange Cake

1 Yellow Cake Mix
1 Can of Mandarin Oranges (not drained)
1/2 Cup Applesauce
4 Egg Whites

Mix together and bake in a 9 x 13 pan sprayed with PAM for 30 minutes

1 - 8 oz Carton of FF Cool Whip
1 - Can Crushed Pineapple (? I think it was about 20 oz, definitely larger than the normal size)
1 - Pig. FF Instant Vanilla Pudding

Mix together and pour on cooled cake.

Extremely easy! I used the "normal" size can or oranges - I think it was 12 or 14 oz.

This is Weight Watcher's recipe. It makes 24 servings that are 2 points each

Iwillbe 10-11-2005 03:32 PM

banana bread

Diabetic banana bread

1 1/3 cup of all purpose flour
1/2 cup of splenda
1 tsp. of baking powder
1/2 tsp. of baking soda
pinch of salt
1 1/4 cups of mashed banana
1 Tbsp. canola oil
1/3 cup reduced fat buttermilk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup of chopped walnuts (I use pecans)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray, set aside. Mash bananas, add oil buttermilk and vanilla to the bananas, set aside. Blend dry ingrediants together, then add banana mixture and stir until just mixed. Pour batter into pan and bake 45-55 minutes or until the center is set.

8 servings
1 fat, 1 starch, 3/4 fruit
WW winning points 3

This comes out rather flat baked in the loaf pan, but you can make muffins out of it.

Lilion 11-02-2005 02:31 PM

Chicken Chili

This is a lot like DoxieMom's chicken chili. It's our favorite. I use my small crockpot for this, not my great big one. I'd say it's 2 quart?

2 cans navy beans
1 cup FF chicken broth
1/4 cup diced onion
1 yellow bell pepper
1/2 can green chilis
2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp oregano
3 boneless/skinless chicken breasts (can be frozen)
1 can of corn

Mix beans (undrained), broth, onion, peppers, garlic and spices in crockpot. Add breasts. Cook all day on low. Remove and shred chicken and return to pot with 1 can corn - drained. Heat corn through. I love this with tortilla chips or fritos.

Terri in MO 11-25-2005 08:54 AM

Sugar Free Pecan Pie

I made this for Thanksgiving and it was a hit with everyone. Even said its better than the original because it is not so overwhelmingly sweet.

Makes: 8 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Ready In: 1 hour, 5 minutes
Diabetic or have had gastric bypass surgery and can't have sugar? Here is a delicious pecan pie you can enjoy....and the best part is it doesn't taste sugar free!

Ingredients
1 cup sugar free honey
3 eggs
1 cup Splenda
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup pecans
1 -9 inch deep dish pie shell

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl combine the honey, eggs, Splenda, butter and vanilla until well blended. Stir in pecans and pour into deep dish pie shell. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool; Top with a dabble of Cool Whip Lite if desired and enjoy!

brandnewme 11-26-2005 09:52 PM

Low-fat pumpkin recipes, as requested! The muffins, I've tried. The Ravioli? No clue, so good luck with it!

Pumpkin Muffins:

INGREDIENTS:

* 1 1/2 cups raisins
* 4 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 4 cups white sugar
* 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
* 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
* 1 1/2 teaspoons nutmeg
* 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
* 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
* 6 eggs
* 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin
* 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
* 1 cup chopped walnuts

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 C). Grease three 12 cup muffin pans, or line with paper muffin liners. Soak raisins in hot water for ten minutes to plump, then drain.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and ground cloves. In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, pumpkin, and applesauce, until smooth. Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and stir thoroughly to make a smooth batter. Stir the raisins and walnuts into the batter. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups.
3. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

Pumpkin Ravioli

INGREDIENTS:

* 1 cup ricotta cheese
* 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 2 cups all-purpose flour - may substitute whole wheat flour
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 cup tomato paste
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 2 eggs
* 2 tablespoons water

DIRECTIONS:

1. Mix the cheese, pumpkin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the nutmeg. Set filling aside.
2. Mix the flour, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl; make a well in the center of the flour. Beat the tomato paste, oil, and eggs until well blended, and pour into the well in the flour. Stir with a fork, gradually bring the flour mixture to the center of the bow until the dough makes a ball. If the dough is too dry, mix in up to 2 tablespoons water.
3. Knead lightly on a floured cloth-covered surface, adding flour if dough is sticky, until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Cover, and let rest for another 5 minutes. Divide the dough into 4 equal parts. Roll the dough, one part at a time, into a rectangle about 12 x 10 inches. Keep the rest of the dough covered while working.
4. Drop 2 level teaspoons filling onto half of the rectangle, about 1 1/2 inches apart in 2 rows of 4 mounds each. Moisten the edges of the dough, and the dough between the rows of pumpkin mixture with water. Fold the other half of the dough up over the pumpkin mixture, pressing the dough down around the pumpkin. Cut between the rows of filling to make ravioli; press the edges together with a fork, or cut with a pastry wheel. Seal edges well. Repeat with the remaining dough and pumpkin filling. Place ravioli on towel. Let stand, turning once, until dry, about 30 minutes.
5. Cook ravioli in 4 quarts of boiling salted water until tender; drain carefully.

brandnewme 11-27-2005 12:24 AM

Made this tonight. All I can say is YUM! Goes great with some grilled veggies, or a salad.

Garlic Chicken

2 tsp crushed garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs*
1/4 cup lowfat parmesan cheese*
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves

1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2) Warm the garlic and olive oil to bring out flavor. (Note: don't let the olive oil get too hot! The garlic will burn.)
3) In a separate dish, combine the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Mix well.
4) Dip the chicken breast halves first in the olive oil & garlic mixture, then in the bread crumbs and parmesan mixture. Place in a shallow baking dish.
5) Bake 30-35 minutes or until juices run clear.

* Note: You may want to double the bread crumbs & parmesan cheese. It seems to go a bit faster than you'd think.

6 points, or 306 Calories.
17.2g fat
5.6g carbs
0.2g fiber
30.8g protein

Serves 4. Enjoy!

christineu 11-27-2005 07:23 PM

Pumpkin Pecan Pie Mini-Cheesecakes

Pumpkin Pecan Pie Mini-Cheesecakes
Yield: 30 Servings

~Pumpkin Filling
4 oz 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese
8 oz Cream Cheese- fat free
2/3 c Brown Sugar,Packed
1 Unflavored Gelatin
2 Egg Whites
1 1/2 c Pumpkin,Canned
1/4 t Salt
1 1/2 t Cinnamon,Adjust spices to taste
1/2 t Ginger
1/4 t Cloves
~Glaze
1 Egg Whites
1/2 c Brown Sugar
2 T Maple Syrup
1/4 t Salt
1 t Vanilla
1 t Butter Extract
2 T Butter,Melted, room temperature
~Pecan topping~
1/2 c Pecans,chopped
1/4 t Cinnamon
1 T Sugar

Prepare cupcake pans with cupcake papers- I used 2- 12ct, plus 1- 6 count pan for a total of 30. If I had put anymore filling in each one, it would have went over the top while baking and made a mess.

Place 1 small cookie in the bottom, ginger snaps are really good (NOTE: nutritional information does not include the cookies for the crust) & set aside.

Prepare pumpkin filling by beating cream cheese until smooth; add
brown sugar & cream together.
Add gelatin, mix well at low speed; then mix in egg whites.
Stir in Powdered milk powder, salt & spices; mix in pumpkin until well
blended.
Spoon into prepared cupcake pans- a good way to ensure you put the same amount in each cupcake is to use an old fashion ice cream scoop with
the metal band to empty the scoop...I've collected various sizes-
smaller ones are great for cookies.

Prepare Glaze layer by beating egg whites slightly; add in brown sugar
& maple syrup, mix well.
Add salt, vanilla & butter flavoring and mix, slowly adding melted
butter (Note: butter should not be hot or it can cook the egg whites)
Spoon onto top of pumpkin layer carefully, tapping pan to spread out
evenly as needed.

Mix pecan, sugar & cinnamon- since my pecans were whole, I put it all
in the food processer and to chop the pecans & mix together- just be
careful to not run it too long or you will end up with pecan butter.
Sprinkle tops with pecan, cinnamon & sugar mixture.
Bake at 325° for 45-55 minutes. Turn off oven and leave in for an
additional 10 minutes.
Cool slightly on wire rack before removing from pan.

*** NOTE: nutritional information does not include the cookies for the crust***
Per Serving: 23 g Water ; 87 Cal (32% from Fat, 13% from Protein, 56%
from Carb); 3 g Protein; 3 g Tot Fat; 1 g Sat Fat; 1 g Mono Fat; 0 g
Poly Fat; 12 g Carb; 1 g Fiber; 11 g Sugar; 120 mg Sodium; AccuPoints
= 1.9; Exchanges = ½ Other Carb - ½ Fat
WW pts: 1.8 without cookie crust

I played around with Pumplin Pecan cheescake recipe some more today...I had to use the left over pumpkin somehow. I really liked how it turned out- I made it in cupcake pans so its easy to control portions (somehow its just to easy to cut bigger slices then you should out of a full sized cake :p). The reciped ended up making 30 mini-cheesecakes at 87 calories, 3g fat, 1g fiber, & 3g protien OR 1.8 WW pts. I didn't include the cookie I used as a crust since they would varry, depending on what you have- the ones I used are like a English Digestive Biscuik/Cookie and only have 0.3 pts per cookie, so one mini-cheesecake is 2 pts- pretty good treat or even having 2 for 4pts for breakfast would be good. It is a soft cheesecake- more like a cross between a custard & a cheesecake- but you could probably put more unflavored geletin in if you wanted it thicker...of course mine is still warm so it may thicken up as it cools. The original recipe I adapted this from called for more nuts, but I only had 1/2 cup- you could put more if you want to, but I like having just enough to taste without going overboard on calories & fat.

thinthinker 12-06-2005 05:50 PM

This looked like a nice alternative to the preverbial "Green Bean Casserole". :D

Holiday Green Beans from Green Mountain at Fox Run

(Makes 6 servings)

One thing about Thanksgiving, the menu is already decided for you -- except maybe that vegetable side dish. Here’s where we can be a bit creative and deviate from tradition. So this year, how about adding a little zip to your basic green beans recipe. Before you make your favorite cranberry relish, save out a few fresh cranberries to make this simple, festive looking and great-tasting side dish.

4 cups fresh green beans (about 12 ounces)
1 tablespoon olive oil (or orange flavored olive oil)
¼ cup chopped fresh cranberries
1 ½ teaspoons sugar
2 tablespoons orange juice
2 tablespoon chopped toasted pecans*

Steam green beans 5 to 7 minutes or microwave on high about 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally; drain. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add cranberries, sugar and orange juice. Cook, stirring gently, until cranberries are soft and liquid is syrupy. Stir in chopped nuts and toss mixture with green beans. Serve.

*To toast nuts, bake uncovered in ungreased shallow pan in 350°F oven about 10 minutes or until golden brown.

kayleystar 01-16-2006 07:47 PM

Hmmm...I really like what I just had for dinner...it's one of my favorites. It's low carb, but oh so scrumptious!
You start off with boneless, skinless chicken breast, and roll it in ranch dressing (I use Carbwell as I'm on a lowcarb diet), and then roll the chicken in crushed up pork rinds...sort of a "shake n bake" but healthier. I bake the chicken for about 30 minutes, and then add shredded cheese to the top of it, and then bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.

Even if you aren't on low carb, this is a REALLY tasty and easy (and fairly quick) meal.

Lilion 01-27-2006 03:15 PM

Chicken Vegetable Alfredo Soup

CORRECTION ON POINTS I did my own calculations, using FF broth and 1 lb of chicken and 1 jar of Ragu lite alfredo sauce. I ended up with 5.5 pts for 1 cup. 10 servings per recipe. It was good, but NOT as good as the one I had that used the Carb Well sauces. If you are worried more about carbs than fat, go for it.

This is a Pampered Chef recipe and it's WONDERFUL.

Chicken Vegetable Alfredo Soup
(Soups, Stews & Chili Recipe Cards)

2 cups of chopped broccoli
1 cup of chopped carrots
1 cup of chopped onion
1 cup of diced red bell pepper
2 crushed garlic cloves
2 cans (14 – 14 ½ oz) chicken broth
4 cups cooked chicken
2 tablespoons basil
2 jars (16 oz each) Alfredo sauce
Fresh grated Parmesan cheese

1. Chop broccoli, carrots, and onion. Dice bell peppers. Place broccoli, carrots, onion, bell pepper and garlic pressed in a saucepan. Add broth; bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
2. Meanwhile, dice chicken. Snip basil. Set aside. Add chicken and alfredo sauce to broth; simmer 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat; stir basil into soup.
3. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

kayleystar 01-31-2006 12:29 AM

I just had some really yummy PORK PARMESAN for dinner tonight. It was a change from having chicken parmesan, but I thought it was quite good! I don't have actual measurements, as I just eyed it as I went along!

Pork loin or tenderloin (pork chops also work)
CarbWell tomato sauce (sugar free also works)
Any spices you want, such as italian seasoning, garlic, etc.
Parmesan cheese
Low Fat Mozzarella cheese

Quickly brown both sides of the pork, but don't cook it all the way through. Lay pork in a casserole dish, and top with the tomato sauce (with spices mixed in if you wish). Sprinkle Parmesan cheese liberally over the sauce, and top with shredded mozzarella.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes -- until the cheese bubbles.

sarahdafiregal 02-03-2006 01:10 PM

Cola Chicken

:chef:Trust me...it tastes yummy!:chef:

4 skinless boneless chicken breasts:chicken:
1 cup ketchup
1 - 12 ounce can diet cola (I used caffeine free and it was good too)

Place chicken in a non-stick fry pan. Pour ketchup and diet cola over it. BRing to a boil and cover. Reduce heat. Cook 45 min. Uncover and turn up heat to thicken sauce until it adheres to chicken.

4 servings
4 WW points per serving

(I think the sauce would be good over brown rice or noodles) :hungry:

thinthinker 02-07-2006 11:42 PM

I thought it might be fun to have some special Valentine sweets that were healthy. I found these on the Kraft website. I hope you all find something that looks good to make for yourselves or your sweeties.

Black Forest Parfait

Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 1 hr 10 min
Makes: 8 servings

3 cups cold fat free milk
1 container (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Fat Free Cream Cheese
1/3 cup GENERAL FOODS INTERNATIONAL COFFEES Irish Cream Café Flavor
2 pkg. (4-serving size each) JELL-O Chocolate Flavor Fat Free Sugar Free Instant Reduced Calorie Pudding & Pie Filling
1 cup reduced-calorie cherry pie filling, divided

PLACE 1/2 cup of the milk, the cream cheese spread and flavored instant coffee in blender container; cover. Blend on medium speed until smooth. Add dry pudding mixes and remaining 2-1/2 cups milk; cover. Blend on medium speed until well blended.
REMOVE 8 of the cherries from the pie filling; set aside for later use. Spoon half of the pudding mixture evenly into 8 parfait glasses or dessert dishes; cover with remaining pie filling. Top with remaining pudding mixture and reserved 8 cherries.
REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until ready to serve. Store leftover parfaits in refrigerator.

Calories 140, fat 1.5g, Chol 5mg, Sod 550mg, Carbs 25g, fiber 2g, Pro 8g

Chocolate Cheese Pie

Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 3 hr 15 min
Makes: 8 servings.

1/2 pkg. (14 oz.) fat free marble loaf cake
1 cup LIGHT N' LIVELY 1% Lowfat Cottage Cheese with added Calcium
1 cup cold fat free milk
1 square BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate, chopped
1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Chocolate Flavor Fat Free Sugar Free Instant Reduced Calorie Pudding & Pie Filling
1/2 cup thawed COOL WHIP FREE Whipped Topping

CUT cake into 8 slices; cut each cake slice in half. Line bottom and side of 9-inch pie plate with cake slices; set aside.
PLACE cottage cheese, milk and chocolate in blender container; cover. Blend on high speed until smooth. Add pudding mix and whipped topping; cover. Blend on low speed 1 minute, stirring once. Pour into prepared pie plate.
REFRIGERATE 3 hours or until set. Store leftover pie in refrigerator.

Calories 140, fat 2g, Chol 5mg, Sod 360mg, Carbs 25g, fiber 1g, Protein 6g

Chocolate Tofu Mousse

Total Time: 2 hr 15 min
Makes: 6

2 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
1/3 cup fat free milk
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 pkg. (12.3 oz.) lite silken tofu, drained
1 cup JET-PUFFED Marshmallow Creme
3 cups sliced strawberries

PLACE chocolate and milk in microwavable bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) 2 minutes, stirring after each minute. Add cocoa powder; mix well.
POUR chocolate mixture into blender container. Add tofu; cover. Blend until smooth. Pour into large bowl. Add marshmallow creme; stir with wire whisk until well blended. Cover.
REFRIGERATE 3 hours or until chilled. Top each serving with 1/2 cup strawberries.

Calories 190, fat 5g, Chol 0mg, Sod 60mg, Carbs 31g, fiber 4g, Pro 7g

Chocolate Banana Pudding

Total Time: 1 hr 15 min
Makes: 4 servings

2 cups cold fat free milk
1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O Chocolate Flavor Fat Free Sugar Free Instant Reduced Calorie Pudding & Pie Filling
2 medium bananas, sliced
1/2 cup thawed COOL WHIP LITE Whipped Topping
1 Tbsp. chopped PLANTERS Walnuts

POUR milk into medium bowl. Add pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended.
SPOON 1/2 of the pudding evenly into 4 dessert dishes. Layer with banana slices. Spoon remaining pudding over bananas.
REFRIGERATE until ready to serve. Top each serving with 2 Tbsp. whipped topping. Sprinkle with walnuts. Store leftover desserts in refrigerator.

Calories 160, fat 3g, Chol 5mg, Sod 380mg, Carbs 30g, fiber 2g, Pro 6g

Less Fat Brownies

Total Time: 40 min
Makes: 24 servings, 1 brownie each

4 squares BAKER'S Unsweetened Baking Chocolate
1/3 cup canola oil
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups sugar
8 large egg whites
1 cup flour
1/2 cup PLANTERS Chopped Pecans

LINE 13x9-inch baking pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over edges of pan to form handles. Grease foil.
MICROWAVE chocolate in large microwavable bowl on HIGH 1 minute. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Add oil, applesauce and vanilla; mix well. Stir in sugar. Add egg whites; stir until well blended. Add flour and pecans; mix well. Spread batter into prepared pan.
BAKE at 350°F for 25 minutes or until brownies start to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely. Remove brownies from pan, using foil as handles. Cut into 24 squares.

Calories 160, fat 7g, Chol 0mg, Sod 20mg, Carbs 23g, fiber 1g, Pro 2g

Double Chocolate Pie

Total Time: 4 hr 10 min
Makes: 8

2 cups cold fat free milk, divided
1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP FREE Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
1 ready-to-use reduced fat graham cracker crumb crust (6 oz. or 9 inch)
1 pkg. (4-serving size) JELL-O White Chocolate Flavor Fat Free Sugar Free Instant Reduced Calorie Pudding & Pie Filling

POUR 1 cup of the cold milk into medium bowl. Add chocolate flavor pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk 1 minute. (Mixture will be thick.) Gently stir in 1/2 of the whipped topping. Spoon evenly into crust. Pour remaining 1 cup cold milk into another medium bowl. Add white chocolate flavor pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk 1 minute. (Mixture will be thick.) Gently stir in remaining whipped topping. Spread over pudding layer in crust.
REFRIGERATE 4 hours or until set. Garnish with additional whipped topping. Store leftover pie in refrigerator.

Calories 200, fat 5g, Chol 0mg, Sod 460mg, Carbs 36g, fiber 1g, Pro 4g

Double Chocolate Mousse

Total Time: 10 min
Makes: 6 servings, 1/2 cup each

1-1/2 cups cold fat free milk, divided
2 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
2 cups thawed COOL WHIP FREE Whipped Topping, divided
1/2 cup fresh raspberries

COMBINE 1 cup of the milk and chocolate in large microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 2 min. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup milk.
ADD dry pudding mix; beat with wire whisk 2 min. or until well blended. Refrigerate 20 min. Gently stir in 1-1/2 cups of the whipped topping. Spoon into 6 dessert dishes.
REFRIGERATE until ready to serve. Top with remaining whipped topping and raspberries just before serving. Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.

Calories 140, fat 4.5g, Chol 0mg, Sod 250mg, Carbs 24g, fiber 2g, Pro 3g

Lilion 02-14-2006 08:40 PM

Wonderful dinner!

I had a truely wonderful dinner tonight. Thought I'd post the recipes for everyone.

The menu was: Chicken Cordon Bleu, chicken and garlic rice and fresh steamed broccoli. The rice was a packaged mix, the broccoli just steamed stovetop with some Molly McButter. Dessert was the kicker! Oreo Cake! YUM!

Chicken Cordon Bleu

Serves - 4
Points - 8

4 serving olive oil cooking spray, or enough to coat chicken
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast(s), four 4 oz pieces
3 oz smoked ham, four 3/4 oz slices **
3 oz low-fat Swiss cheese, four 3/4 oz slices **
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup honey mustard
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs, Italian-style

1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a baking sheet with olive oil cooking spray.
2. Place chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound to 1/4-inch thickness; remove plastic wrap. Arrange 1 slice of ham and 1 slice of cheese on each chicken breast.
3. Starting from shorter end of chicken, roll up breast into a tight pinwheel. Tuck in ends. Secure with toothpicks.
4. Place flour, honey mustard and bread crumbs in 3 separate shallow bowls. Add chicken to flour; turn to coat. Transfer chicken to honey mustard; turn to coat. Place chicken in bread crumbs; turn to coat.
5. Transfer chicken to prepared baking sheet and coat with cooking spray. Bake until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, about 40 minutes. Remove toothpicks and serve.

**Note** I used lowfat deli sliced ham, 60 cal for six slices. I only used 2-3 slices per breast. I also used light Laughing Cow swiss cheese, 1 oz per breast if the breast was large, 1/2 if it was smaller. The creamy texture really added something special. By my calculations, this lowered the points to about 6 per serving.

Chocolate Oreo Cake

Servings - 16
Points - 4

Ingredients:
1 pkg. Devil's Food flavor cake mix
12 oz. diet soda
2 egg whites

Filling:
4 oz. fat free cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup Cool Whip Free
6 reduced fat Oreo cookies, coarsely crushed

Glaze:
2 squares semi-sweet baking chocolate
2 Tbsp. light margarine

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two 9 inch round cake pans with non-stick cooking spray.

In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, diet soda and egg whites. With an electric mixer, beat on low speed for 1 minute. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Divide mixture evenly between the two cake pans. Bake for about 26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes. Turn out of pans and cool completely on wire rack.

To make filling, combine cream cheese and sugar. Beat on medium speed with an electric mixture until well blended. Fold in Cool Whip and cookies.

Place cake layer on serving plate top-side down. Spread evenly with cream cheese mixture. Place second cake layer on top.

To make glaze, place baking chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Blend in margarine. Allow to sit for about 5 minutes for mixture to thicken slightly.

Spoon glaze over top of cake and serve. Refrigerate any remaining cake.

Nutrition Information:
198 Cal., 4.6 g. fat, 0.4 g. fiber