Old 01-07-2004, 06:27 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+.....Bios

This Bio thread is provided so that members of the 300+ area can get to know each other. The guideline below is just that, a guideline, if there is any question you don't care to answer, please, feel free to delete it. If there is anything you'd like to add, again, feel free to do so.

You can easily COPY AND PASTE the questionaire, then fill it out and post it. To do this you highlight the area you want to copy, right mouse click & hit COPY. Then click on the NEW REPLY and you are going to PASTE the questionaire into the reply area by right mouse clicking again and hitting PASTE - that should put the questionare into the area, then just fill in the lines and hit SUBMIT REPLY! That's it!!

If need to edit or delete something from your BIO, just go to your bio and click on the word EDIT, this will take you to the text of your bio, just change whatever needs to be changed and then hit SUBMIT NOW.

PLEASE NOTE! In order to keep our BIO thread updated, if you are inactive from our 300+ area for 2 months or more, we will remove your BIO from the BIO thread.

DATE -

USER NAME -

SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR USER NAME -

REAL NAME -

AGE -

BIRTHDATE -

WHERE YOU LIVE -

SIGNIFICANT OTHER -

ANNIVERSARY -

KIDS -

PETS -

OCCUPATION -

STARTING WEIGHT -

WHAT PLAN ARE YOU FOLLOWING -

FAV. EXERCISE(S) -

FAV. NO-NO FOODS -

FAV.BOOK(S) -

FAV. MOVIE(S) -

FAV. SONG(S) -

FAV. QUOTE -

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU -

Last edited by thinthinker; 01-08-2004 at 07:43 PM.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 07:32 PM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

DATE - January 8, 2004

USER NAME - ThinThinker

SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR USER NAME - "skinny *****" was taken??? I don't know. Who's asking these questions anyway? I probably chose it because about all I can do is Think Thin.

AGE - 50 on Monday

BIRTHDATE - January 12th

WHERE YOU LIVE - Michigan

SIGNIFICANT OTHER - "honey"

ANNIVERSARY - June 26, 1976 Yes, it was a long time ago.

KIDS - 2 sons; 24 and 22. Otherwise known as: #1 Son and "the baby"

PETS - 1 cat: Max; otherwise known as Maximillion, Maxi-Moose (because he weighs 17 pounds), or Mad Max (because he's a goofy kitty)

OCCUPATION - for money: Public Relations and Customer Service Consultant, for fun: Moderator for this great group of ladies

STARTING WEIGHT - More than I want to admit.

WHAT PLAN ARE YOU FOLLOWING - Weight Watchers, when I follow one. Planning to do better this year.

FAV. EXERCISE(S) - Favorite??? You must be kidding. I did join Curves last year and liked it when I went. I hope to do that better this year too.

FAV. NO-NO FOODS - With WW I've learned that nothing is a "no-no" food, but one that really triggers me to eat more and more of it is CHOCOLATE.

FAV.BOOK(S) - anything Janet Evanovich. I really like the Sarah Stromeyer Bubbles series of mysteries.

FAV. MOVIE(S) - anything with Patrick Swayze. The Goodbye Girl with Marsha Mason and Richard Dreyfus, American President with Michael Douglas

FAV. SONG(S) - The River by Garth Brooks

FAV. QUOTE - there are so many, but one of them would be: "If you do the things you've always done, you'll get what you've always got."

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU - Those who know me will say that I am very opinionated. Even if you don't know me well, you will figure that one out pretty quick. If you don't want the answer to a question, don't ask me it because I will tell you. I am also very emotional. I am a fierce advocate for children, not just my own. I have been accused of being too "logical". I have been an elected official (school board/4 year term). I have owned my own business since 1980. When I love, I love with all my heart. I don't think I have it in me to hate. What you see is what you get. If you like me, fine. If you don't, you don't. I'm not into trying to impress people.

Last edited by thinthinker; 01-08-2004 at 07:40 PM.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 09:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default Its about time

DATE - October 15, 2004 (Okay, I'm a little slow.)

USER NAME - Determined to Succeed

SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR USER NAME - Because I am determined to get to be physically fit even if it kills me.

REAL NAME - Teresa, Terri, Terri Ann, T, T-bong,

AGE - 44

BIRTHDATE - July 2, 1960

WHERE YOU LIVE - Missouri

SIGNIFICANT OTHER - Ronnie, Ronald when I'm angry

ANNIVERSARY - October 17, 1998

KIDS - DH has two grown son's

PETS - Bear doggie, one spoiled rotten rottie; Ginger and Tanyah - my "girls" aka horses

OCCUPATION - direct report of a major CFO at an insurance company. Somewhere along my life I decided it would be a really good idea to study to earn an MBA, work hard to get promoted and "succeed" and now I'm a Director of Finance. What the crap was I thinking? Cleaning horse stalls would be more fun.

STARTING WEIGHT - 280 sometime after being married

WHAT PLAN ARE YOU FOLLOWING - South Beach/Weight Watchers

FAV. EXERCISE(S) - Pilates but that's not a fat burner. Step aerobics, bicycling, spinning, Tae Bo, the Firm. Gee, if I like them why don't I do them more?

FAV. NO-NO FOODS - Ice cream, comfort foods

FAV.BOOK(S) - I love Anna Karenina. The Bible. Books off the Oprah Book club list. Janet Evanovich. Too many to remember.

FAV. MOVIE(S) - The Big Chill. Now my minds gone blank and can't think of any.

FAV. SONG(S) - Imagine by Mercy Me. Aerosmith. John Mellankamp. Garth Brooks. George Straight. .

FAV. QUOTE - The basic belief that God doesn't give us more than we can handle. No matter how much we think we can't bear it; we can and it will make us stronger.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU - Hmm, you probably know more than you want to know already.
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 08:53 AM   #4  

DATE -Feb. 07, 2005

USER NAME -Iwillbe

SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR USER NAME -none. I couldn't use any others I tried

REAL NAME -Ruth

AGE -Old enough to know better.

BIRTHDATE -Nov. 26

WHERE YOU LIVE -Georgia

SIGNIFICANT OTHER -Carl

ANNIVERSARY -6/5

KIDS -3

PETS -none

OCCUPATION -retired

STARTING WEIGHT -317

WHAT PLAN ARE YOU FOLLOWING - counting calories

FAV. EXERCISE(S) -

FAV. NO-NO FOODS -breads

FAV.BOOK(S) -Nora Roberts
FAV. MOVIE(S) -

FAV. SONG(S) - oldies but goodies

FAV. QUOTE -

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU - I have a wicked sense of humor. I love to laugh and make others laugh. My humor sometimes gets me into trouble. Not everyone appreciates it. Iwillbe
Old 03-23-2005, 02:07 AM   #5  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

DATE - 3/22/05

USER NAME - brandnewme

SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR USER NAME - I'd like to think there's another me somewhere in here..

REAL NAME - Becca

AGE - 23

BIRTHDATE - 5/9/82

WHERE YOU LIVE - Wyoming, USA

SIGNIFICANT OTHER - Chris

ANNIVERSARY - Dating: 4/18/05, Married: 11/1/05

KIDS - 1 step-son, Jesse (10)

PETS - 2 cats, 9 yo grey tabby, Lucky, 1 yo yellow tabby, Tucker

OCCUPATION - Unit Secretary - Pediatrics

STARTING WEIGHT - 356

WHAT PLAN ARE YOU FOLLOWING - Smaller portions, calorie watching (not counting!), more water, less sweets.. and exercise

FAV. EXERCISE(S) - Swimming, walking

FAV. NO-NO FOODS - Lots of high-carb foods, sweets

FAV.BOOK(S) - I Know This Much Is True, Wally Lamb

FAV. MOVIE(S) - Shawshank Redemption, Slingblade, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days

FAV. SONG(S) - Too many to count

FAV. QUOTE - "You better get busy livin', or get busy dyin'"

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU - I was in a car accident July '04. Before that, I wanted to lose weight, but I really didn't see what the big deal was. Having to have extra help to move you, having doctors tell you that you're lazy and won't be able to walk again any time soon, and just the overall feeling of discomfort, shame, and unhealthiness that goes along with all the above really made up my mind this time. I didn't recover nearly as quickly as I could have because my weight made it almost impossible to get up and around. When my doctor said I wouldn't be able to, it irked me enough that I was bound and determined to get up off my butt and do something about it. Two weeks later, I was walking with minimal help. Four weeks later, I was taking my boot off and walking on my own. Now, my main motivation is that I want to have children someday, but not in this condition. Motivation isn't a problem - sticking to it is.

Last edited by brandnewme; 12-05-2005 at 12:35 AM.
brandnewme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 03:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Smile

DATE - April 30, 2005

USER NAME - Dogpal

SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR USER NAME - I love dogs

REAL NAME - Andrea or Annie

AGE - Will be 40 in 2006

BIRTHDATE - June 17th

WHERE YOU LIVE - Northern Idaho

SIGNIFICANT OTHER - Wonderful hubby of almost 20 years

ANNIVERSARY - September 1st

KIDS - None

PETS - A black lab/ Golden Ret. femal named Pepper and a Yellow Lab/ Golden Retriever male named Bear

OCCUPATION - Unemployed Administrative Assistant

STARTING WEIGHT - 505

WHAT PLAN ARE YOU FOLLOWING - Curves Diet and Exercise Program as of April 2006

FAV. EXERCISE(S) - Swimming, Curves, Eliptical

FAV. NO-NO FOODS - I'm staying away from cake

FAV.BOOK(S) - Christian Fiction, Anything by Francine Rivers, C.S. Lewis, The Bible, Mary Higgins Clark

FAV. MOVIE(S) - Almost Heros, 7 Brides for 7 Brothers, most all musicals.

FAV. SONG(S) - I'd Have to Be Crazy, by Willie Nelson

FAV. QUOTE - If God is for us, who can be against us!

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU - I love being here at 3fc and have made some lifelong friends in the one year that I've been a member. I greatly appreciate all of the encouragement. I know that this is the time I will loose this weight and get healthy.

Last edited by dogpal; 05-10-2006 at 04:40 AM.
dogpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 05:10 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Red face Newbie

Hello All,

It's so great to find a whole section here for people who weigh 300+. I know it's difficult for anybody to lose weight, but when you have as much to lose as we do, well it's nice to have people in the same boat. Anyway, here's my bio info:

DATE - 24 August 2005

USER NAME - AmmiUK

SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR USER NAME - I live in the UK and my nickname is Ammi. A lot of people are just too lazy to use my full name, so Ammi it is.

REAL NAME - Ann-marie

AGE - 37

BIRTHDATE - 22 July 1968

WHERE YOU LIVE - Swansea, South Wales, UK.

SIGNIFICANT OTHER - my soul mate and husband, Daren

ANNIVERSARY - 23 November

KIDS - one daughter, Beth, one step daughter Caleigh.

PETS - None

OCCUPATION - Stay at home mum

STARTING WEIGHT - 329

WHAT PLAN ARE YOU FOLLOWING - WW points plan

FAV. EXERCISE(S) - NONE, but I will walk when I am up to it.

FAV. NO-NO FOODS - Cheese Pizza, burgers and chips, kebabs, CHOCOLATE!

FAV.BOOK(S) - Jemima by Jane Green

FAV. MOVIE(S) - Sound Of Music, then Dirty Dancing.

FAV. SONG(S) - Love is in the Air.

FAV. QUOTE - I like the serenity prayer.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU - I have had some health problems in the last three years, and am recovering from surgery so exercising is pretty much a no no. I walk when I can, but hope that when I am finally healed I can take up swimming. Yep, I will be brave enough to be seen in a swimming costume, I think lol.

I look forward to coming here often to both give and hopefully receive support in our long but not impossible journeys to goal weight.

Hugs,

Ammi
AmmiUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 04:42 AM   #8  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

DATE - 9/16

USER NAME - PrincessPuffyPants

SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR USER NAME - i thought it was funny

REAL NAME - Luan

AGE - 28

BIRTHDATE - 9/4/1979

WHERE YOU LIVE - Lakewood, CA

SIGNIFICANT OTHER - nope

ANNIVERSARY -

KIDS - no

PETS - bunnies Bono and Edge (im a U2 fan, what?)

OCCUPATION - Wardrobe Department Coordinator, Personal Assistant, Audience Seating Coordinator on sit-coms, and co-producer - i do a lot

STARTING WEIGHT - 301

WHAT PLAN ARE YOU FOLLOWING - WW points

FAV. EXERCISE(S) - treadmill and im learning to love the elliptical

FAV. NO-NO FOODS - nothing is a no no in moderation

FAV.BOOK(S) - Jennifer Weiner books. she writes about the hardships of being a modern big girl

FAV. MOVIE(S) - i love all movies. its my business.

FAV. SONG(S) - Dave Matthews Band - #41, anything by Ryan Adams and Counting Crows

FAV. QUOTE - f*ck it dude, lets go bowling - the big lebowski
princesspuffypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 12:50 AM   #9  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

DATE -
11/08/05

USER NAME -
** kaplods **

SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR USER NAME -

It was one of my father's nickname for me as a child. He is a bit of a nickname addict (not just for people, like water is "ausie juice"). My "main" nicknames were jammer juicekins, jammers, fat jammers, kaplods, and fat kaplods. It sounds horrible that he so often used "fat" in the nickname, and even when I "hated" it, it was in that "Oh, Dad! not the baby nickname," not because he used the word "fat." I think his use of the word "fat" in such a loving, nonchalant, nonjudgemental way, is why my self-esteem was not shattered by childhood obesity.

REAL NAME -
Colleen

AGE -

BIRTHDATE -
03/20/66

WHERE YOU LIVE -
Wisconsin

SIGNIFICANT OTHER -

David, my husband of three years, and my best friend, and soul mate. He is 6'4", with graying long red-auburn hair, and a mustache and goatee. He looks sort of like a big viking biker.

ANNIVERSARY -

11/02/02. I met him 10/15/01, and it was a whirlwind romance. At 35, I was starting to think crazy cat lady was in my future, and had come to grips with that. Some friends thought I was "too picky," but I never felt I needed a boyfriend badly enough to accept mistreatment.

KIDS -

No, we joke (we kind of have a sick sense of humor sometimes) that with all the meds we both are on, that if my birth control ever failed, we'd have a mutant "squidchild," and would have to buy an aquarium instead of a bassinet.

When we first married, we thought we might adopt if we got our health issues under control, but there's no indication that that will happen any time soon.

PETS -

Not right now, but we are hoping to be able to buy a house in the next few years so we can have pets again (my husband wants a herd of miniature dachshunds and a few fainting goats. I would like to have a cat and a couple of long-haired fancy rats).

OCCUPATION -

It's been a year since I've been able to work. I have a master's degree in psychology, but my last job (since 1999) was a computer programmer.
I've had to apply for SSDI, due to fibromyalgia, arthritis, high blood pressure, chronic sinus, allergy, and respiratory problems, as well as sleep apnea, and a possible autoimmune disorder (symptoms, but no definitive diagnosis).

STARTING WEIGHT -

WHAT PLAN ARE YOU FOLLOWING -

Keeping a food and health journal, Counting WW points (but not necessarily following the program too closely otherwise), making more healthy food choices (eating more WW Core foods, less junk food) Drinking LOTS of Water & trying to exercise more

FAV. EXERCISE(S) -

Water exercise and swimming. We have a health care center that has
a warm water arthritis/therapy pool, that anyone can use with a doctor's referral. It only costs $2.00 each session (or $3.50 when my husband and I go together). I love it so much, that I wish I were on the busroute (I don't drive any more) so I could go more often (my husband works nights, and while he will take me in the mornings for open swim, even if he doesn't want to go, I can't go to any of the afternoon classes)

FAV. NO-NO FOODS -

I haven't banned anything from my diet, but I try to limit foods with high binge potential (especially carb, fat, salt combos like chips and other snack foods). My favorite high calorie food has to be barbecued pork ribs, mmmmmm. Barbecued boneless chicken thighs keep me from missing ribs too much.

FAV.BOOK(S) -

Can't pick one, I'm addicted to books. I collect cookbooks, books on writing, and crafts.

FAV. MOVIE(S) -

Shrek and Shrek 2. When my husband and I married, we actually were looking for Shrek and Fiona figures to put on our wedding cake. We didn't find them (at least not Fiona in her chubby ogre form, only skinny princess).

FAV. SONG(S) -
'Witch of the Westmorelandsr' an irish folksong. I love and collect Irish/Scottish music (mostly folk, especially drinking songs, but also rock bands like U2 and Black 47)

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU -

Except for my first four years, and about a year in highschool, I have been morbidly obese all of my life.

Old 01-08-2006, 07:06 PM   #10  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

DATE – January 8, 2006

USER NAME - NotTheCheat

SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR USER NAME – The Cheat is a character from a series of online cartoons called Homestar Runner. He is my personal avatar for my weight loss journey and since I am looking at this as a lifestyle rather than a diet, I can’t cheat.

REAL NAME - Nancy

AGE - 32

BIRTHDATE – July 15

WHERE YOU LIVE – Greenwich, CT

SIGNIFICANT OTHER – Single again!

ANNIVERSARY – None

KIDS - None

PETS - None

OCCUPATION - Accountant

STARTING WEIGHT - 353

WHAT PLAN ARE YOU FOLLOWING – Counting calories and exercise

FAV. EXERCISE(S) – Dancing, walking and swimming and I would like to try martial arts and fencing when I am more fit.

FAV. NO-NO FOODS – Well nothing is officially no-no (I can’t cheat! I just have to account for it) but my emotional trigger foods are mostly ice cream and rich desserts, especially chocolate.

FAV.BOOK(S) – Almost anything Sci-Fi fantasy – Robin Hobb, Anne Bishop, Orson Scott Card, etc. I also love Patrick O’Brian’s Aubrey/Maturin series (Master and Commander) and Elizabeth Peters’ Amelia Peabody mysteries.

FAV. MOVIE(S) – Lawrence of Arabia, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Antonia’s Line, and Amelie. I also love Stargate (both SG-1 and Atlantis) and Battlestar Gallactica (the new one).

FAV. SONG(S) – I like pretty much anything. Part of me is stuck in the 80’s – I love the Smiths, the Cure, Depeche Mode, etc. The last few albums I bought were from Lauryen Hill, Bonnie Raitt, Green Day and Evanescence if that tells you anything.

FAV. QUOTE – “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.” — Marianne Williamson

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU - I have been dieting since I was a little girl. Exercise was always about ways to lose weight and meals growing up were battles for control over what I ate. I even went to Weight Watchers camp for two years around the age of 12/13. Recently something in my head clicked and somehow I am finally able to divorce eating from so many negative emotions that I have harbored over the years. I am able to do this, not to fix myself because there is something wrong with me, but to get myself healthy so that I can live as full a life as possible.

Last edited by NotTheCheat; 07-08-2007 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Update info and quote source
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 09:52 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

DATE -03/24/06

USER NAME -azcyn

SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR USER NAME -I live in arizona, and my name is cyn

REAL NAME -cynthia but i like cyn its shorter lol

AGE -33

BIRTHDATE -December 13th

WHERE YOU LIVE -arizona..born and raised arizonan

SIGNIFICANT OTHER -John..met him when i was 16..he is my everything

ANNIVERSARY -married april 9th..we are commin up on 13 years
KIDS -yes 2 boys..Damian is 15 and Justin is 11

PETS -1 dog Molly,2 cats Zoe and Cloe,3 turtles,2 rats,1bird,1 frog

OCCUPATION -CSR

STARTING WEIGHT -350

WHAT PLAN ARE YOU FOLLOWING - none ..lol sad I know

FAV. EXERCISE(S) -swimming!!

FAV. NO-NO FOODS -anything pasta..and mexican food

FAV.BOOK(S) -anything that has to do with near death experriences..they are neat to read..kinda scarey too lol

FAV. MOVIE(S) -16 candles..any 80's movie. Molly Ringwald is fav actress..thats why I named my puppy Molly

FAV. SONG(S) - again anything from the 80's

FAV. QUOTE -umm dont have one

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU - well lets see, I love to sew and crochet. I am thinking about starting a scrapbook. I live for my hubby, my kids, and myself!
azcyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 11:34 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 339/ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Date - May 21st 06

User Name - Jniniffer

Significance Of Your User Name -Its a nick name a co worker started calling me and has stuck!

Real Name - Jennifer

Age - 23

Birthdate - October 29th

Where You Live - Dawson Creek BC Canada

Significant Other - Ed

Anniversary - July 2

Kids - Johnathon and Kaylene - 3.5 years old

Pets - Coal.. he's a hamster

Occupation - 2nd Assistant manager for McDonalds

Starting Weight - 330lbs

What Plan Are You Following - Herbal Magic

Fav. Exercise(s) - Waterfit

Fav. No-no Foods - bacon, sausage--cheese burgers.. yumm...

Fav.book(s) - I really like the Harry potter books.. LOL

Fav. Movie(s) - humm....The Notebook

Fav. Song(s) - I'll be by Edwin McCain

Fav. Quote - don't really have one..

Anything Else You Would Like People To Know About You - I'm in for the long haul!! lol
Jniniffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 10:05 PM   #13  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

DATE - 1/26/09 (updating)

USER NAME - Vortex_VVV

SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR USER NAME - Vortex was a nickname a good friend gave me. V is the initial of my last name.

REAL NAME - Angela

AGE - 42

BIRTHDATE - 2/19

WHERE YOU LIVE - Charleston, IL (east-central Illinois, bout half-way between St. Louis and Indianapolis)

SIGNIFICANT OTHER - it's complicated, lol.

OCCUPATION - English professor.

STARTING WEIGHT - 316 this time around..

WHAT PLAN ARE YOU FOLLOWING - 1900 calories/day. I'm trying to exercise between 20 and 40 minutes a day; my goal is to do 50-60 minutes every day, in 2 blocks.

FAV. EXERCISE(S) - Walking, biking, swimming--except I haven't been in a pool in ages due to self-consciousness.

FAV. NO-NO FOODS - Chocolate. Pasta with butter and cheese.

FAV.BOOK(S) - Wuthering Heights. Return of the Native. Crime and Punishment. All of Proust. Lots of others. I'm an English professor--how do I choose?

FAV. MOVIE(S) - Recently, Lars and the Real Girl and Man on Wire.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU - I'm a workaholic and love my job. I teach, and I LOVE doing research and writing about it. I'm as lucky as I can be in terms of career.

This semester, I'm on research leave and have my mother with me (who suffered a stroke a year and a half ago and still needs some assistance). I have to lose some significant weight before July, or else I'm going to have to accept that WLS is my only option. I really, really don't want to do WLS.

Last edited by Vortex_VVV; 03-06-2009 at 01:31 PM.
Vortex_VVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:15 PM   #14  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Smile Since I think I'll be sticking around ...

DATE - 3/22/07

USER NAME - LitChick

SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR USER NAME - I'm a compulsive reader.

REAL NAME - Lesley

AGE - 33

BIRTHDATE - I'm a Sagittarius

WHERE YOU LIVE - south of Atlanta, GA

SIGNIFICANT OTHER - yup

KIDS - none so far

PETS - two cats: Mina and Mojo

OCCUPATION - none right now

STARTING WEIGHT - 331

WHAT PLAN ARE YOU FOLLOWING - South Beach, on recommendation from my doctor

FAV. EXERCISE(S) - Right now, walking - I'd love to get to the point where I could run

FAV. NO-NO FOODS - chocolate, especially cake

FAV.BOOK(S) - ooh, that's a toughie, I'd have to say Jane Eyre but I've got a bunch more

FAV. MOVIE(S) - Muriel's Wedding

FAV. SONG(S) - Into the Mystic by Van Morrison

FAV. QUOTE - Well-behaved women rarely make history. ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU - I'm an expat Canadian who married a good ol' Southern boy. I still say my outs and abouts with an accent but I also say y'all now, too.

I have a book blog where I keep track of what I've been reading and other book-related musings called A Life in Books. Not sure if I should post the link but if you google that title mine should be the first site to come up.
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 03:44 PM   #15  
300+ Chick

DATE - July 18, 2007

USER NAME - Liliann

SIGNIFICANCE OF YOUR USER NAME - Just my name.

REAL NAME - Liliann

AGE - 40

BIRTHDATE - January 12

WHERE YOU LIVE - New Jersey

SIGNIFICANT OTHER -

ANNIVERSARY -

KIDS -

PETS -

OCCUPATION - Stay at home caregiver to a older disabled family member.

STARTING WEIGHT - 408

WHAT PLAN ARE YOU FOLLOWING - Richard Simmons FoodMover- Calorie counting easier to track with.

FAV. EXERCISE(S) - Using my pedometer of walking, alittle dancing, low impact videos of Richard Simmons and Leslie Sansone.

FAV. NO-NO FOODS - Oh God, anything Chocolate..Sweets addict!

FAV.BOOK(S) -

FAV. MOVIE(S) -

FAV. SONG(S) - I will Survive by Gloria Gaynor,

FAV. QUOTE -

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU - I have always been heavy and struggling since I was a teen. Had lost weight twice back in the 80's and the weight creeps on me. I want to change my appearance to have more energy on helping myself and family more better. I am single, but do have a special male friend that I met online, have no kids. I love this site on seeing such wonderful people transformed so lovely. I will and hopefully can share my transformation along with 3FC cyber angels! My personal goal am seeking, 140-150....Good luck to all!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote