Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 10:54 AM   #16  

Okay, Barb, you are sick going to Best Buy to watch Survivor!!!!

All I can say is WOW , 2Cute to rate up there with a ‘big n tasty’.

Thank Syn, you are so helpful. Where I live they think red pepper is exoctic. I love that spice site.

Thin & Tina I loved your bathroom stories, and needed a laugh this morning so thanks!!

I am waiting for my laundry to finish and then I have to run into town. I want to look for a couple Christmas presents for a friend in Ireland and one in Okinawa. Then it's home to hang up my lights on the porch. It is 42 today so I can to that job in warmth!!

My one nephew likes to do that sand art - ya know where you layer sand in a bottle. I ordered him some bottles and sand for Christmas. Today when I was washing the kitchen floor I thought "what the blazes is this aqua blue crap on the floor?" One of the bags in the box broke so when I carried it in I "spread" aqua blue sand all over the kitchen!!!!

Back later.
Old 11-15-2003, 12:47 PM   #17  
a work in progress...

Exclamation Terri... since you asked...

CHINESE AUCTION...(with apologies to anyone of Chinese descent--why it's named for them, I don't know.)

Similar to Chinese water torture...a fund raising event...Many items donated by a group to be won by masses of eager women. You purchase a certain amount of tickets whcih can be placed in the bucket in front of the prize that you feel you can't live without...ie: gift certificates for salons, restaurants, stores of all kinds...there are also theme baskets, toys, wine, housewares. Hoardes of women (and actually a few men which I found totally surprisng, since I think mine would just as soon cut off an appendage than subject himself to this) are then jammed into a banquet room too small to accomodate their numbers, and proceed to parade past the displays and leave their ticket in front of the the iitem they want to win. If you are orderly and respectful, like myself, you follow the line politely and SLOWLY, ~or~ you can also be rude and pushy and just shove your way in front of anyone you please, elbow your way through the crowd to get your ticket into the Kar*Parts bucket! Either way works Then, as if all that isn't fun enough...you are seated, very tightly, I might add, for dinner, where the table is set with every imaginable plate, glass, and piece of silverware possible. There are too many people at the table in the first place, so now there is really no room left to place your tickets...you have to keep track of the numbers that are being called out to see if you won. You must also endure every single table around you screaming as if they won the lottery, for God's sake, when they won the Crayola basket or the gift certificate to Chuck E Cheese. You must endure this for 5 hours because you want to see if you won the grand prize, which chances are, you did not. You then go home and if you are a drinking woman, you have a large something or other and if you are not, two Tylenol will suffice. (they did for me!)

But I'm not bitter....

Last edited by katrinabgood; 11-15-2003 at 02:55 PM.
Old 11-15-2003, 03:55 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Kat!

That does sound like torture!

DH and I've been cleaning the garage. Usually I clean while he rests because his back hurts. Now, we're taking a break for a nap.

Food has been okay for the weekend. Now, if I can just keep it together through tomorrow, I'll be happy.

Toodles!
Old 11-15-2003, 06:52 PM   #19  

Got a lot done today. Tomorrow I put up my snow fence. Anyone want to help? Come on you Southerners it would be a new experience for you.

Kat, I wish I had been there with you. It sounded fun!!!! NOT!!!! Come to Minnesota and I will take you to a Silent Auction - sounds more to your taste!!!
Old 11-15-2003, 09:14 PM   #20  
BELIEVE!

Hi Girls!
Just popping in for a quick hello but I am not feeling up to posting much tonight. I am going to curl up under a warm blankie and watch some TV.

Today was a long day .... I spent most of the morning cleaning the kitchen/family room and then we went out for the dreaded car shopping trip. Well, the hunt is finally over. Jeff decided on a Dodge Durango and I negotiated like crazy. It took 6 hours total, but we have the new car.

Then I decided to check e-mail and had a message from my mom that made me very sad. My dad is having his bladder removed. I feel so bad for him - it's always one thing after another and he's such a trooper. I just stared at the screen and cried. He has been dealing with recurring bladder cancer for several years and they can no longer fight it. He also had throat cancer 15 years ago and had his larnyx removed. I just don't know how much more he can take - this is all on top of other medical issues - hip replacement, open heart surgery, etc. The list just goes on. And it's so hard for me being so far away from them. I'm in PA, they are in FL. I told him just to say the word and I'll be on a flight to see them. I know he'll never ask, but I will try to plan a visit when he feels up to it.

Sorry to come in here and be such a downer. I just thought I might feel better getting it out and I wanted to check in with you all. Thanks for listening!

Love,
Barb
Old 11-15-2003, 09:40 PM   #21  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! Just checked in real quick to say hello and what do I find WE'VE BEEN MOVED!!! Yikes! I hope you all find your way here, because I was waaaaayyyyyy lost for a bit.

Tina: Funny story. See, I said you stick your head between your knees and kiss your arse goodbye just to reach the toilet paper. Sorry you had to experience that.

Katrina: Funny story. I always wondered what a Chineese Auction was too and you certainly described it beautifully! Now I surely don't want to go to one.

Terri: We had a coffee shop here that served a rosemary chicken sandwich and it was to die for!

Pam: I'm glad you have "found your voice". That is so important. So often I think we just lose ourselves when we're heavy.

Lucky: I'll be right up to help with that fence. Warm up my room.

Mary: Are you feeling any better?

Barb: I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's reoccurring problems. Poor man! You are in my thoughts. I know how hard it is to be so far away from ailing parents. My folks were in FL when my mom decided there was something going on with my dad. They came home for a family wedding and she packed all her important papers in the car and anything else she could carry and then refused to go back to FL with him. We were finally able to get him help (by court order) and that's when he was diagnosed with Alzheimers. So I know what you're going through trying to help and feeling helpless from so far away. [[[hugs]]] * I think you'll love the Durango. I know I sure do. Don't have one, but a girl can dream, can't she?

Well girls, I'm gonna get out of here. I hope when I come back a few more of you have found it to our new home. Love to all.
Old 11-15-2003, 09:50 PM   #22  
You and Me in 2003

Talking

Evening ladies
I do feel some better I think this is just sinus crud.

Tina I almost fell out laughing at the picture opf you in the toilet..

Barb my prayers are with your family hope your Dad will be ok.

I had to get a new scanner today I haven't eatten much the past 2 days haven't been hungry.

Have to do my shopping tomorrow for food.
Heres to all my friends
Old 11-15-2003, 10:00 PM   #23  
Dancing those pounds away

Thumbs up Grrrrr

Thin... I have found my way here... but I don't like it.
She asked before if we wanted to move and we told her NO.
BUT... it is her site. LOL

I feel like a step child.... we are the LAST choice. At least we should be more private now. LOL Everyone will give up before they get to us. LOL

Barb... I am soooo sorry to hear about your dad. He sounds like a true life SURVIVOR. He must come from some pretty strong stock to cope so well with all of his problems.

I want to reply to all... but gotta go. I will try to return soon.
Old 11-15-2003, 10:34 PM   #24  
I'm on my way!

Well I found my way...not sure if I like it either!!

Anyways, Barb so sorry to hear about your Dad! You will all be in my prayers!!

Tina I about pee'd myself when I read your toilet story too!

I'm really tired right now...we rented the Terminator 3 and now its way past my bedtime I can't even type. Just typing this last bit I made 6 mistakes and had to keep typing over it!

Catch you all tomorrow!

TTFN Michelle
Old 11-15-2003, 11:14 PM   #25  

Barb, Since your Dad is a trooper I am sure he will be okay. Troopers hang in there.

I don't get this new "home" for us, do you? Oh well, new home, new place to lose weight.

I like the makes me think happy!!! And that is what I want - a happy, joyful life.
Old 11-15-2003, 11:20 PM   #26  

I was searching for latch hooking kits for my neice for Christmas. Type it into Google and what pops up?
Nascar Latch Hooking kits.

Will it never end!!!
Old 11-15-2003, 11:22 PM   #27  
it's always something

Hey gals The new 300+ forum will give you more room to spread out. We are going to do this with several more groups, you are just the first You won't be limited to single-thread conversations, if you should have something you want to make a single topic for your group. You can create a "300+ Bio" thread if you want to post introductions for any new members to get to know you.

This is a very enthusiastic group! You frequently create new threads, so this gives you more room to post, without dominating a general support forum, if that makes sense

The 3FC forum is always growing, and we frequently receive requests for more forums. It's getting very long as it is, but making a change such as adding sub-forums to a Support Group area will allow us to add more forums.

Things always change as needed, though, so this may not be a final solution. I've been looking at a HUGE low carb forum located at http://forum.lowcarber.org/ and they have all of the sub-forums linked on the forum home page. With such a large forum, it was the best way they could get organized. We'll probably make the same move soon.

Anyway, stretch your legs out a little, and we hope you will come to enjoy the bigger room
Old 11-16-2003, 12:29 AM   #28  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the new home, Suzanne

Hey everyone

I am soooo wiped out! Had a show this afternoon and everything was going well until the hostess decided to get drunk. I'm not talking a bit tipsy, I'm talking falling over drunk. Aaargh... I just couldn't get out of there afterwards. I arrived at her place at 1:15 and left at 7:30! At least her mom was staying over the night, so I know she will be taken care of. It wouldn't have been a real problem for me, except I was an idiot and didn't pack more than a little snack for myself. Going 6 hours without eating while on a low carb diet is asking for serious trouble. But do I get credit for staying out of the appetizer and yummy looking brownies we made? She sent me home with some of the brownies, and I didn't pick at them then either. I told myself I can have brownies when I'm on phase 3 next. For now, I don't feel like sabotaging myself.

This is Day 15 OP! The diet loosened up a bit today since I'm in the second week. I didn't have time to dig in to the menus today and have fun with more foods, just added in a few more carbs. My game plan is to stay OP until Thanksgiving and then take a break until December 1st. I'll start again with Phase 1 on the 1st.

Just dropping a couple of replies before I pass out completely here.

Thin, I'm doing the Curves plan. It is really close to SBD, but there are a lot of chicks doing this one at our Curves, and I get some extra support and lots of ideas. I got lost trying to find our group as well. Couldn't find it without Suzanne's link. Thank goodness she had it there. The night doesn't feel closed without catching up on reading here.

Lucky, 42 degrees is NOT warm! And what is a snow fence? Maybe I've lived out of snow too long now to have a clue...

Michelle, thank you for not adding, "I'll be back." at the end of your post.

Mary, I'm sorry you are feeling under the weather. Hope it clears up soon!

Barb, I'm sorry your dad is having health problems. It sounds like he really has been through a lot. We'll add him to our prayers. And congratulations on the new vehicle!

Terri, I'm embarrassed to admit that big cleaning projects are the exact opposite in our household. I stand/sit/whatever and point and DH does the work, because my back really gets hurting bad.

2cute, not sure what to say, so I'll opt for some *HUGS*

Kat, thanks for the Chinese Auction write-up. I know what definitely to avoid now!

Tina, don't know whether to laugh or cry over your bathroom story. Won't it be wonderful when we don't have to nearly kill ourselves to complete normal, everyday functions? And I wonder if we could petition idiot bathroom stall makers around the world until that day comes. Not like a boycott would work...

Ok, I really, truly have to stop now. Already doing those long, slow blinks that get longer and longer until you aren't sure if you just woke up or what. I know I've missed some, but this is all that is showing on my page right now. I'll try to catch up the rest of the way when I'm conscious tomorrow.

Andria
Old 11-16-2003, 07:35 AM   #29  
a work in progress...

Well...I have to admit that I wasn't thrilled about moving, though I'm not quite sure why. Suzanne, thanks for your explanation, I know that whatever you do is for the betterment of this great site!

You know, the bio thread isn't a bad idea...and what about a recipe thread too? Then we wouldn't have to scroll back to find that recipe we're looking for from 5 threads ago! We CAN spread out as much or as little as we want to!

I just came in from work and I am exhausted! It's a gray, gloomy day...perfect for sleeping, so I'll say nighty night for now and see you all later.

Oh...one thing...TINA! Get your butt to the doctor and get that pain checked out! Pain is a symptom. It is your body's way of telling you that something is WRONG and needs to be fixed. Little twinges can be ignored sometimes, but pain of that magnitude is a loud and clear message. Get it checked out ASAP.

I have spoken.
Old 11-16-2003, 08:01 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!

I think we'll probably like the new sub-forum once we get used to it. I like the idea of bio's. And I've got almost all the old recipes - like Thin's snicker's pie and strawberry pie and pumpkin puddings, etc. Almost 30 pages worth!

We got the garage almost winterized yesterday. I just need to move the mowers inside and a little more vacuuming (shop vac). We also put together a storage cabinet for the garage that we've had for a while but in a box. That was a challenge but its done. Now to get it in place. I also got my area set up so I can stain and assemble our bedroom nightstands. Just need to head to Lowe's for supplies.

Today is church and working on packing stuff up for goodwill. I drug a lot of stuff I've had stored in the garage to the rec room so I can sort it and get it all logged for taxes. Now to get it out of here! Maybe I'll try the treadmill again today.

Barb - {{{hug}}}} I'm so sorry about your dad. It is so hard to see our parents getting older and having more and more health problems. Especially when you're far away. Your family will be in my prayers. Take care!

I better get off before my battery goes completely dead.

Have a good day!

Hey, when did we get new smilies?

Last edited by Terri in MO; 11-16-2003 at 08:03 AM.
Closed Thread