Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2003, 12:35 AM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#439

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

We chat on Wednesday and Sunday at 8:30 EST, 7:30 CST.

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
Old 11-12-2003, 12:51 AM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! I waited until midnight so I could be the first one to come and wish Tina a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Soooooo:

Happy Birthday, to you! Happy Birthday, to you! Happy Birthday, dear Tina! Happy Birthday, to you! And many more!

I hope you have a wonderful day!

To everyone else: I had a great weekend. We had a wonderful time. I don't have time right now to tell you about it as I'm jammed with paperwork. It doesn't pay to take a couple of days off, trust me.

I have not had a chance to read. I copied all of the threads I missed and was going to read them while I waited for a Dr. appointment yesterday, however, when I got to the professional building, I found out that the Dr.'s office wasn't there, it was located somewhere else....long story....so I have not read everything I missed.

I went to WI (not Wisconsin) and I was UP ^ 9 pounds. Yes, you read it right 9 (NINE) pounds. I have no idea what happened. I just couldn't believe it. It has sent me into an eatting frenzy which I am not proud of. Just can't seem to start again.

Anyway, this has turned a nice birthday wish into a pitsy post (sorry, Tina) so I think I will let it go at that. I'll talk with you all later. Love to all.

Last edited by thinthinker; 11-12-2003 at 12:54 AM.
Old 11-12-2003, 01:15 AM   #3  
Dancing those pounds away

It's not fair !!!! I came in here at midnight to be the first to wish Tina a HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!! but it turns midnight in Michigan an HOUR before it turns midnight here. Grrrr. LOL

Okay Thin... you beat me... but not fair and square. LOL

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR TINA
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUuuuuuuu !!!

All hail to our QueenB !!!!

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 11-12-2003 at 01:17 AM.
Old 11-12-2003, 02:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 290/290/185

Height: 5'8"

Happy Birthday to Tina...

I am new here... I wandered into this tread because the subject seemed to fit me best. I weigh over 300lbs, ouch it hurts to type that!

I have tried many times in the past to lose weight. Now I have a really big motivation to. My best friend is getting married in Jan 05. She asked me to be one of her bridesmaids. I met the other girls last week. They are all very sweet and all very thin.

I was in my sisters wedding last year (a quickly planned one) and thought I looked good until I saw the pictures. I don't want to go through all that again... and really dread the thought of going dress shopping with the girls. I would like to lose all the weight I need to before my friends wedding but I know that it wouldn't be healthy to lose too much too quickly.

My ultimate goal would be to weigh 145. I am 5'8 tall... do you think that this is a good goal weight? ... I look back at all the times I've tried and after a couple of weeks I lose motivation so that's why I'm here. I hope to be a regular if you all will have me. Thanks for reading!!!

Jeanine
Old 11-12-2003, 06:11 AM   #5  
I'm on my way!

TINA HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRLFRIEND!!

Jeanine of course we will have you!! Welcome to our humble little group! You have come to the right place for support and motivation! Let me just say...145 lbs is all fine and good but don't make that your first goal! Start small and work your way down. My first goal is 3 lbs...my 10%...then I will work on a second goal from there...its more attainable that way then trying to look at the whole picture and getting discouraged. Post often so we get to know you!

2Cute...don't you hate those time zones?? I could never figure them out!

Thin be sure to come back and tell us about your weekend!

I gotta go dry my hair, get dressed and get the boy dressed all in the next 30 minutes.

TTFN Michelle

Last edited by MichelleK; 11-12-2003 at 06:15 AM.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:21 AM   #6  
You and Me in 2003

Happy Birthday Tina
Welcome Jeanine
Old 11-12-2003, 07:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Happy Birthday Tina!

Welcome to the group Jeannie!

Last night was a miserable night sleep. DH kept coughing and coughing. He is finally (men!) going to the doctor this A.M. I'm exhausted but have to go to work, get my nails done, and then on to church class at 7pm. Its going to be a long day.

Tina - No more pity! Stop right now and regain control. You can do this. Put yourself first.

I've got to run now. Have a great day - be strong!
Old 11-12-2003, 08:16 AM   #8  

Morn' Girls!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TINA!! I LOVE YA! YOU ARE SO AMAZING! YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! YOU ARE STRONG! AND YOU CAN DO THIS!!! COME BACK TO US!!! WE ARE HERE WAITING WITH OPEN ARMS!

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome Jeannie!! So glad you found us. I couldnt make it without this group of phenomenal women, and they are all just that PHENOMENAL! SUCH LOVE AND SUPPORT!! I am looking forward to getting to know you. Like Michelle said mini goals is the key. I try to maintain 2 lbs a wk, and only weigh myself about once a month, dont want to become obsessed with the scale....the way I feel is a much better measure!! Keeps me motivated. I do need to exercise more, was doing 6 days a wk, now I get 3, sometimes just 2, felt so much better when I did it more often. YOUR BODY REALLY DOES LET YOU KNOW!! I JUST SPENT SO MANY YEARS NOT LISTENING TO IT!!!!!!!!! lol. I ate my way right up to 356!!! I am down 50 now. Started this adventure on June 5th!!! I am feeling better than I ever have in my entire life!! AND I AM SO GRATEFUL!!! I attribute much of my motivation and inspiration to this forum!!! You will love it here! Great!!! If you want write me at [email protected], anytime you want to talk we are here for you!!

Okay girls, gotta go, I have my tennis shoes on, and I am off take that walk!!!!!

Bye for now!
Old 11-12-2003, 09:09 AM   #9  
BELIEVE!

Talking

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dear Tina, Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2003, 09:56 AM   #10  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning All!
I feel like I am finally getting my groove back this week - I just hope it stays. Food has been good, I went to the gym Monday, did a pilates tape on Tues, and just got back from the gym today. The weekends are killing me --- it's not too tough to stay OP during the week, but Fri, Sat & Sun are so tough for me because we are always going out. At least I am already thinking about the weekend so I can mentally prepare myself.

Jeanine --- WELCOME!!!! This is a fantastic group of women! I don't know what I would do without them all!!! I hope you will hang out with us! Like the other gals said, focus on a little at a time. I am happy with 1-2 pounds a week. I have lost 43 pounds since February - Slow, but fairly steady. The past couple months have been rough because I've taken a couple vacation so I blow a month's work in a week and then continue to catch up! I'm getting back on track though! I haven't really set an end goal for myself because I just want to focus on getting healthy. Honestly, in my adult life my lowest weight has been 211 - I was 19 at the time. I would give anything to be back there now.....OK, I have rambled. Sorry!! The last thing I want to do is scare you off with my babbling!

Kat --- Girl, you've had a crazy time lately with the car and the glasses and your daughter....need I go on??? You know how crazy things sound!!! You always manage to stay in such good spirits!!! I love that about you! Always have a smile for us!!! I too was very sad when Savage got the boot last week. He was one of my favs. I am now rooting for Ryan O. and Rupert.

Thin - Can't wait to hear more about the fun weekend you had! I bet that 9 pounds is not for real! I remember the day I got back from the cruise being devastated at the scale, but within a couple days it dropped back down a bit.

Pam - I love your enthusiam --- I just smile reading your posts!!!

Terri, Kat, Michelle --- What are the thoughts on meeting in NYC? Jeff and I are going to Atlantic City for Thanksgiving and will be coming back on Friday, so that day is out for me, but I could take the train up on Saturday morning.

I've gotta stop talking and get to work! Catch ya later!
Love Ya!
Barb
Old 11-12-2003, 10:42 AM   #11  
Dancing those pounds away

Jeanine... WELCOME !!!!!! We would love to have you join our group. I too have a wedding... my daughters... coming up in May and I truly need to stay on program so I can lose at least 50 lbs by then.
We all can relate to going strong for a few weeks and then losing motivation instead of pounds. But in the past I would not only gain all the weight back.. but I would also add on a few more. I have dieted my way up to over 300++++.
With the support of this group I keep hanging in there.

Hope you come back regularly... tell us more about you.
Old 11-12-2003, 11:43 AM   #12  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Happy Birthday to TINA!!! Hope your celebrations are even half as wonderful and special as you are.

This is the morning of Day 12 OP. I can't believe I'm saying that! Makes me feel all warm and that giggly, squealy, pre-teen kind of thing. I'm in love with life and in love with myself and feeling all glowy.

Jeanine, so glad you found us! Welcome to our circle of friends Jan '05 is a great goal date to have lost your weight. I'm a number cruncher by nature and like to break goals down into bits. You would have approximately 60 weeks to work with, and with a healthy weight loss of 2-2.5 lbs. a week, you could be at your goal. I can't say much about your goal weight, because I know absolutely nothing about your body type, structure, etc. If you are athletic, there is going to be a lot more muscle than fat, and 145 would be completely unreasonable. I have an aerobic instructor friend who wears a size 6-8 and is 5'3". She weighs in over 150 lbs., but there isn't an ounce of jiggle on her frame anywhere! So, without more info, it is just hard to say. I've set a potential goal weight for myself of 180, and I'm 5'6". I want to be fit and healthy and about a size 12.

Barb, How Barb Got Her Groove Back, the story to continue It truly sounds like you are in there, chick! Tell us more about Pilates? I do so want to get into more of that sort of thing, but I'm not sure if it can be done with a cranky knee.

Pam, I love when you post, especially when you write out your stats. You are the queen of slow and steady weight loss!

Terri, sounds like another rough night. Thought you had that stubborn man convinced to go to the doctor the other day? Men!!!

I've got to quit doing replies before I run out of time to pack up some lunch and snacks! Take care all! It is a gray, cloudy day outside here, but the clouds make all the other colors stand out so much brighter. I hadn't noticed how many roses my neighbors still have on their bushes until this morning. Sometimes it takes a change in perspective, eh?

Andria
Old 11-12-2003, 12:02 PM   #13  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

I'm Baaaaack! I missed you all!!!!

I haven't caught up on the old threads yet. I apologise to you all for being among the missing. My brothers funeral took a few days to arrange then I had some vacation time coming and just didn't get near a computer. But I did get a lot of stuff done around the house.

Weight went up in Didn't even get to my WW meetings, but I'm back to work, back on track, and I'll try to catch up with you alll over the next few days.

A retirement offer came thru from work and the figures were fantastic. I was really considering taking the package when I got a phone call that they'd made an error in the calculations and new "numbers" were in the mail. I'd had a feeling it was to good to be true. It was! So I guess I'll be working a few more years. (The second set of figures was 1/2 of the amout of the first set. )

I'll try to get back later,
Old 11-12-2003, 12:29 PM   #14  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TINA !!! HAVE A GRRRRRRRRREAT DAY, and get your butt back in here, I miss your post's.
Old 11-12-2003, 12:50 PM   #15  
Falling, but fighting...

Hey ladies. I have fallen off the wagon. I am pitiful. I am trying to work on the budget and I have to cut 5 million dollars just to match last years budget (fringe and salary costs have skyrocketed). I did exercise this morning, but it sure didn't make up for my eating. I am going back to WW on Saturday (Thanks Thin!!!!) and get my true weight (I think that I will probably have a 5 + pound gain). Maybe the reality of it will knock some sense into me.

Anyway, I am still around, just busy....

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Susie
Closed Thread