Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 06:26 PM   #16  
a work in progress...

Wait til you guys hear the dorko move I made!

My son and I were out raking and bagging leaves today...11 bags worth...I took my glasses off cuz they kept slipping down anyway. Laid them on top of the swing set, of all places. When we were all done, I went to grab them and. guess what?? NO GLASSES! By now, it's getting dark outside, so I sent my son in for flashlights...we were SCOURING the yard looking for them. No where to be found. I'm wondering if I put them back on top of my head and maybe they fell and got raked up somehow. I CAN'T FIND MY GLASSES!!! *&%$^%#@!!$^() I looked all through the house, fished around the bags of leaves, searched the yard, prayed to St Anthony...NOTHING! So I called Costco, where I got them. and they still have everything on file and the frames are available, so I ordered a new pair. They will be ready in a WEEK! *sigh* I am such a bonehead sometimes. In the meantime, I have my contacts, but I hate wearing them to work...they seem to dry out quickly, besides I still need reading glasses with them, so I'm heading over to Walgreens now to get a pair. *sigh* (again)

It's a damn good thing I had gotten rid of all Halloween candy or I would be drowning my sorrows in chocolate right now.

Old 11-10-2003, 07:46 PM   #17  

I had to chuckle at your story, Kat, even though you lost your glasses..hmmmm you are heading for the big 50, aren't you - maybe you are just getting ready!!!!!

Glad your darling daughter didn't get hurt in the car accident. I think you would look good gray!!!

Today was good, got my exercising in besides food was good.

Once a week I go out to lunch with some friends. I always have a "Quesadia" (don't know how to spell it, sounds like). It is 7" round, paper thin crust, with chicken, cheese, mushrooms - I think that is it. Anyone know where I can find the calorie etc information when I know so little???

Thanks for all the Food in a Jar information. You guys are good!!!
Old 11-10-2003, 09:18 PM   #18  
You and Me in 2003

A quick post on sons laptop. Its a neet computer . I take mine in tomorrow.
Old 11-10-2003, 09:28 PM   #19  
BELIEVE!

Angry

Hi Chicks!
How's everyone this fine evening??? I did it!!! I went to the gym tonight! When I got home from work I immediately put on my workout clothes. That way it was even more difficult to avoid exercise. I feel so much better now that I have worked out. Why is it that I always forget this good feeling???

A special Thank You! To Conway_1979 for posting some extra encouragement for me. Please feel free to join us more often.

There are so many people I want to reply to, but I am torn with watching Monday night football ---- GO EAGLES!!!

So, I will bid you farewell for now and post more later or tomorrow.....Love to all!

Barb
Old 11-10-2003, 10:03 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies!

Today has been a good food day - well within my point range - trying to make up for two downer days over the weekend. I'm not going to beat myself up for two off-program days. Sure wish I didn't do it - but I did and I'm not letting it derail me indefinitely.

I had wanted to get in more exercise. But it was drizzling rain at lunch and I didn't get out of work until after 6 pm which meant home at 7 pm. Sorry but I am too pooped. I even cheated the dog out of his evening walk. Tomorrow will be better as I should get home at a decent time.

I've been scouring the old threads for recipes. So far, I have 15 pages worth. I'll have to see if there is something that will make a cookbook. I'm obsessive enough to sort them into categories! My goof was that when I first started copying them, I didn't note who posted them.

Okay, the dog is whining in the kitchen so I need to leave where he can see me. I'm off to bed so have a great evening and day tomorrow.

Judy - We haven't heard from you in a while. I pray that you are doing okay.

Tina - Pick yourself up, brush yourself off and get your focus. Maybe its more important to figure out why you are having trouble and then you will be able to get refocused on your goals. Don't let it undo all your hard work. Whether its WW or South Beach or Fitday, its all about healthy nutrition. Try to think of those as tools to help you change your habits - not as restrictions. Something Dr. Phil posted on his website was about not being obsessed about measurements because that makes food your total focus all the time. He doesn't propose any different eating plan than WW does except he leaves out the counting points. I agree that it gets weary having to think about points all the time but its just a tool. I'm not trying to preach - just trying to help you get back with us and moving in the direction you want.

Take care to all! Goodnight!
Old 11-10-2003, 11:23 PM   #21  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Ok, I made one super huge post already today, but I am too happy to not post again! I didn't get to WI this morning at Curves, but I decided it wouldn't be too bad if I checked it out this evening. It wasn't bad at all. I lost 7 lbs!!! Wahoo for me! So, that takes care of the 4.5 I was up and an additional 2.5. I even stayed to do my exercise afterwards. Got to keep doing what I know works.

I was so excited, I could barely wait to get home and tell all of you!

Day 10 is closing on a seriously upbeat OP note.

Terri, 15 pages of recipes? I am missing so many! Hope you get the rest you need tonight.

Barb, good for you getting to the gym! I tried to talk myself out of it tonight, but I happened to have a change of clothes in the car and plain old ran out of excuses.

Mary, I'm glad you have a computer to post on while yours is being repaired. I did try to make it in to chat, but after 3 tries of 10-15 minutes each, I gave it up.

Lucky, I know they use tortillas for a quesadilla and when we make them at home there isn't too much cheese. Guess that doesn't help much for a point conversion, though. Maybe fast food joints like Taco Time have listings online?

Kat, sorry about the glasses. That just stinks after you went to so much work. I can't even imagine 11 bags of leaves and the number of trees that would take. At least if the glasses show up at a later date, you'll have a backup pair... yeah, looking for the silver lining again.

Conway, thanks for the motivation reminder! Drop in anytime. Definitely a spot where the more makes the merrier.

Duckie, nothing like a little more stress at work... Well, at least your attitude sounds good about it all. The trip to Edmonton sounds wonderful! I'm hoping to be able to do something similar just before Christmas. This chick needs a break!

2cute, the painting projects really sound like fun to me. I can't seem to get brave enough to actually get one done around here. I have even gone so far as to buy the paint, and then I chicken out because I'm still not sure the color is going to be right. And I wonder why I get teased about being a neurotic perfectionist. Hmmm...

Pam, the shower massage will be worth all the effort, trust me. I love the enthusiasm and energy you give to all of your projects. It just seems like you are coming to life right before our eyes.

I fell way behind on household stuff like laundry while I was down, so I'm trying to get some done before bedtime tonight. Catch you all tomorrow!

Andria
Old 11-11-2003, 01:17 AM   #22  
Dancing those pounds away

I have no business being on here.... but ...
I had to congratualte Andria for her 7 lbs !!!!!

quote ..."Got to keep doing what I know works."

Yes... we all do know what works... success is doing it !!!
YOU are a success !!!!
Old 11-11-2003, 07:42 AM   #23  
BELIEVE!

Congratulations Andria!!! Keep up the Great Work!!!

It's going to be a long day! I stayed up for the entire Eagles game which didn't end until midnight! Way past my bedtime, but they WON!!!! It was a good game!

Gotta get pretty for work!
See ya later!
Barb
Old 11-11-2003, 08:40 AM   #24  

Morning Lovelies!!

Cant stay but a sec!! Gotta be at work at 10a, AND HAVENT EVEN STARTED GETTING READY!

HAVE TO SAY THIS THOUGH!!! ANDRIA, YIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Old 11-11-2003, 11:29 AM   #25  

Hey everyone

Ok, this morning I'm both rising and shining Start of Day 11! I'm being a bit of a bum while DH puts my lunch and a couple of snacks together. It is a paid holiday from the town office, so I'm going to head to the other job and get in a few extra hours. We are on Phase 2 of the inventory project right now, and it is taking a lot more brainpower than the first. But I'm feeling fresh and clear and ready to hit it hard.

Have a great day, everyone! Thanks for the congrats!

Andria
Old 11-11-2003, 12:27 PM   #26  
a work in progress...

Exclamation Warning...long post...go get a cup of coffee...

ANDRIA! You are the weight loss goddess of the week! Excellent!

Wow... a 7 lb loss could really jolt me back into "weight loss mode."
Oh that's right, you have to do the work, not just wish for it...Okay, I'll give that a try!

One thing I can say for myself...I am consistently inconsistent! I go through spurts of great eating, so-so exercise or lots of exercise and less than stellar eating............... However, by at least doing one or the other, and sometimes actually both...I must say I am maintaining! Always looking for that silver lining!

So far today, I've ridden my bike. Only for about a half hour, but I rode some good hills there. Body Pump class this afternoon. Yesterday I raked and bagged and hauled for a good four hours. So, it's only Tuesday yet, but this week, exercise has been good. Food today? So far, so good. I had an apple and a few ounces of cheddar cheese so far...and a few large glasses of water. I saved some broccoli from last night's dinner for my broccoli and cheese egg white omelet for lunch. Dinner, at this point is still a mystery. I may make potato corn chowder for my boy and I. (dh is working) Yes, I know it's high in carbs but it's great cold weather comfort food. I'll be good all day in anticipation of it! And I'll rake some more!

Enough about me...

Terri, what are the dates of your trip again? Is it next weekend? I think I remember that you have Saturday morning free...do you know where you are staying? Somewhere near Times Square? I could hop on a train and be there in an hour...I would love to hook up if we could! Michelle and Barb? You still up for the journey?

Lucky...I looked up quesadilla at fitday.com...for a "meat and cheese quesadilla, they say:

Nutrition Facts
Amount Per 1
Calories 195.75
Calories from Fat 86.6
Total Fat 9.62g 15%
Total Carbohydrate 20.19g 7%
Dietary Fiber 1.26g 5%
Protein 6.9g 14%

I think they're talking about only one of the triangles though, not the whole thing...cuz Dotti gives the following info, (and I trust Dotti! @ dottisweightlosszone.com ---> not sure if that's the right address, but it's close...check it out if you haven't, she has a great site with all kinds of food info.)

Quesadilla, 6 1/2" (430 cal/24 g fat/30 g carbs) 11 <---Points
Chicken Quesadilla, 6 1/2" (465 cal/26 g fat/30 g carbs) 11.5
Quesadilla, 10" (940 cal/52 g fat/64 g carbs) 23.5
Chicken Quesadilla, 10" (950 cal/56 g fat/64 g carbs) 24

They sure are good though!!!!

Barb...DH was quite pleased with the nail biter outcome of the
Eagles game too!

Pam, you're so cute! Always on the go, GO GO!

Mary...I wouldn't have a clue about how/what/where on my daughter's laptop...not that it's here anyway! Glad you can still post!

2cute...I caught the end of the Elizabeth Smart movie the other night...turned it on just when she was reunited with her family and I cried like a baby! Good Lord, what an ordeal for that child.

Duckie...It's good to see you popping in again! Your weekend away sounds great...We'll want details when you get back!!

Conway...welcome to our little world!

Last, but certainly not least....

Tina Tina Jelly Bean-a...Listen up here, sister! I KNOW, ****, we ALL know what you're going through. This is HARD! It's so much easier to stamp your foot and say PPPPPLLLLLLLTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHT!!! I am NOT making another salad or passing up another cupcake!!! I want something good and I want it NOW!!!! I DON'T want to exercise!! I don't want to count another calorie/point/fat gram ever again! It's not fair! Why can thin people eat what ever they want and not gain?!? It's TOO HARD!

As my dear husband loves to say, (quoting Tom Hanks in A League of Their Own...) 'It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!'

You have that greatness in you! We ALL do! This is a great group of women here...I KNOW we can all succeed! We can do this together. So once again...get up, brush yourself off, hold your head up high, (you have plenty to be proud of)...and START AGAIN.

That is all...

Time to wrap up this mega post...I'd better hit copy now, cuz if this goes bye bye when I hit send, I may have to break something!

Oh yeah...THIN!! How was the Murder Mystery? Did you solve the crime??? SANDY!!! (to quote my friend Tina...) WHERE THE CRAP ARE YOU? SARA! Come back!

to everyone else...come on out and post!!

Last edited by katrinabgood; 11-11-2003 at 12:42 PM.
Old 11-11-2003, 03:43 PM   #27  
You and Me in 2003

Angry Yipppeeeee

Yipee
I bought a new computer today. My old moni
tor was dead and I wanted some upgrading done to the tower. It was going to cost almost as much as a new on so I bit the bullett and got another.
Pentium 4 2.8 GHz windows xp home
512 MB 400 MHz SDRAM
160 GB Ultra ATA Hard Drive
128 MB Graphics DVD R/CDRW
17 in flat panel monitor
I don't make a payment for 6 months

I have my new monitor connected to my old tower right now so I caan copy some files. I'll be back
Old 11-11-2003, 09:02 PM   #28  
You and Me in 2003

Where is everybody?
Old 11-11-2003, 09:35 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi Mary

Not much time for a post. The battery on the laptop is low.

Congrats on the new computer!

Andria!!!

Kat - Its Thanksgiving weekend that I will be there. I'll have Friday and Saturday morning's free. I hope that we can get together but I'll understand if it doesn't work because of it being a holiday weekend.

Better post now. good night!
Old 11-11-2003, 11:26 PM   #30  

Hey everyone

Day 11 is almost over. I'm OP as soon as I get in the rest of my water. With cooler weather, I really have to remind myself to drink enough.

Went to Curves again today. It was just the owner and myself, so she put in my favorite CD and we worked out together. It was a blast! And don't laugh, but I got on the scale again to make sure those numbers were right. They were, and I'm moving on for next week.

Terri, if you all end up meeting in NYC, we want pictures and complete details!

Mary, Wahoo on the new computer! Sounds like a sweet setup.

Kat, weight loss goddess... hey, I like that! Girlfriend, your exercise and energy level amaze me. I'm hoping to be able to ride a bike by next spring.

That's about it for now. I've been interrupted about half a dozen times just during the writing of this post, so it has taken about two hours to finish. Night!

Andria
Closed Thread