Old 09-21-2017, 01:59 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 330/284.0/185

Height: 5'5"

Yeah I've heard that too about the carbs, I do have a friend who lost 100lbs on metformin and zero carbing, but she ended up gaining it all back as soon as she started having carbs again.

I'm not sure if I had the ER version or the regular, I think when/if I do talk to my doctor about taking it again I'll def try for the ER version and maybe start out on a super duper low dose. I already take my OC pill at dinner time, I usually feel nauseous at bedtime but then I wake up okay so I guess that's just how it's going to be until I get used to it again! I think I took metformin for about a month before I just gave up I couldn't stand being nauseous or attached to the toilet all the time. :P

I've heard so many good things about a keto diet for managing PCOS, & that once you get past the "keto flu" you don't even miss the carbs... but I just can't. The idea of never eating carbs again is too overwhelming right now. It's almost like the idea of saying "can't eat that" makes me want it more.

I'm feeling super hungry today but I'm trying to stay strong. I tend to try and save most of my calories for dinner time since I tend to be more hungry then but today I'm feeling so snacky. Ugh.

Next week my fiancee and I plan to start going to the gym and I'm looking forward to doing that again.
makebelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 08:44 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 331.2/304.8/180

Height: 5'7"

Good news from the doctor yesterday. He checks my A1C because I'm prediabetic, and he said it was perfect! If I remember correctly, it was actually a bit lower than when I had it done last year, but I don't know for sure because their computer system somehow lost the data
Officially 20 pounds down today!
I had to change my ticker to tickerfactory.com because the 3FC tickers aren't working at the moment. I don't like it as much because instead of my goal weight it shows how many pounds I have left to lose, and it's kind of disheartening. I will carry on, though!

Hope you're all doing ok. Haven't heard from Ubee or anniemaxx for a while.
Sencha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 02:08 PM   #33  
anniemaxx

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199.9

Height: 5'3"

Hi friends
lost me total focus for a couple of weeks. Tried to do a lot and lost focus on health.
Just lost 1lb in past 10 days
Haven't gone off keto but did max out allowed calories.
Back on track today.
Thanks for your support. Ann
anniemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 06:51 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 331.2/304.8/180

Height: 5'7"

anniemaxx, it's hard to keep your focus on health when you've got so many other things to worry about. I'm in the same situation right now, but I'm reacting by not feeling like eating at all :/ Keep going, it will get better, and don't beat yourself up about it
Sencha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 02:08 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 350/292/140

Height: 5f 7

Is this thread still going or is there an oct one?

I am really hoping to get some support.

I was 350 lbs lost 50 lbs by going to slimming world have gained 25 lbs of it back

I am with the hospital they are trying to help me I an such an emotional eater.

Xxxx
topsy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 09:07 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 357/347/200

Height: 5'4"

Hi Gang,
I'm happy to say I finally got on a Doctor's scale to see that I have lost 20 pounds since starting the Micro Biome diet. I can't tell you how pleased and hopeful I am. Although I feel a little hungry some nights when I go to bed, its nothing terrible. Hope is a beautiful thing <3
Kathy.kolb is offline   Reply With Quote