3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 300+ Club

Old 08-21-2017, 12:11 PM   #1

S/C/G: 365/280.2/265

Height: 5 foot 2

Default Note to self

I'm writing this more for myself than for anyone else but I just feel like I should. Maybe for healing, maybe for peace, maybe for reassurance, it's hard to tell.

I have spent the last 25 years taking care of everyone else, the husband, the kids, extended family, friends, co-workers. Part of me loved doing it and part of me realized it was easier to do that then to take care of myself. Taking care of myself meant I had to deal with issues I had been running from for a long time and I wasn't ready to take that on. For some, their past is a cornucopia of wonderful memories and tough life lessons, for others it's a dark torment of the cruelty we can do to one another as humans. I'm somewhere in the middle.

I'm at a crossroads of excitement and fear. I will finally have the time to take care of me without feeling like I'm taking away from someone else and yet sometimes in the back of my mind a small voice wonders if it's too late. If I'll never be able to undo the damage being obese has done to my body.

What happens now and where I go from here, is totally on me. I have the time and resources and the power to decide where my health goes. I'm scared but happy.

Will check in with myself in 4 months to see where I'm at.
275 pound=
265 pounds=

Last edited by sweetcakes736; 08-21-2017 at 12:11 PM.
sweetcakes736 is offline   Reply With Quote