Old 08-04-2017, 08:29 PM   #1  

Unhappy Clothing sizes?

Hello!

I've been struggling with my weight probably since I was ~9 years old. I've recently gotten on antidepressants and found my little motivation to try losing this once and for all.

I'm 60 pounds down, but my clothing hasn't budged much. Very loose at the neck and shoulders, but my waist hasn't lost a single inch.

I was watching Boogie2988's video about his pre-gastric bypass diet .. and I was shocked to hear that he's wearing a 5xl! I'm only 338 pounds in comparison to his 500ish and I wear a 6xl.

I'm not short - 5'7" but I'm sure height has something to do with it, but damn. It really made me feel like I've made zero progress whatsoever.
Yigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 09:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 300/289/160

Height: 5'7"

What I have noticed is that the heavier I am, the longer I can stay in a size. I can wear a size 24 jeans when I weigh 330lbs all the way until I weigh 280lbs. Now, they are snug but not overly so on the top side and not overly loose on the bottom end, but that is a lot of weight to lose and still wear the same jeans. Then though, I go from a 22 to a 20 in the span of about 20lbs, and after that I remain an 18 until I get to 190 or so!! Don't be discouraged, the only way to make progress is one step at a time, and your clothing is not the only indicator of your success
MommaCollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 02:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 368/351/170

Height: 5'9"

I agree with Momma! The other thing about clothing is that sizing varies between brand, male or female, country, etc etc. I may wear a 3xl in one brand an an XL in another. One pair of pants is a 24 and the next is a 28. It's not as consistent as it SHOULD be. So definitely focus more on how you are doing overall and less on the size that you are wearing.

What types of exercise are you doing? Are you targeting your waist area? I know that stomach fat can be some of the hardest to lose for some people. I'm hoping to drop some of mine soon! Whatever you do - just keep going! Don't give up because even slow progress is better than no progress!
StephanieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 05:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

Also sizes do differ when unisex male or female for example a ladies size 3xl is an 2xl in unisex or a Xl in men's
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote