Old 08-13-2017, 11:55 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 357/347/200

Height: 5'4"

Doctor wanted to change my thyroid med intake. OK. So then I had no energy for a week. Relapse. Now, going back to original dose. #Frustrated.
Kathy.kolb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 01:37 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 331.2/304.8/180

Height: 5'7"

OrionNebula, glad to hear you don't get hungrier. The more I think about it, I wonder if I'm not rehydrating adequately.

Not feeling great about myself today, my breakfast was potato chips. I'll still come in under my calories, but man do I feel like cr*p.
Sencha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 01:39 PM   #48  
anniemaxx

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199.9

Height: 5'3"

I am pleased with the progress the scale is showing me. I am thrilled with the habits I am developing. One thing that is a surprise/change - I had a radar for Starbuck's that seems to have gone. I know for sure I passed a starbuck's twice yesterday but neither noticed nor even thought about Starbuck's. I usually stop by for a coffee on my way to pick up Riley which I did yesterday.
Getting used to life without sweets. I do have a chocolate fix - California Brands Black and White (yummy). Low in carbs and I mix with Atkins Shake (100 cals for 8oz.)
Trying to swim as much as the rain will allow.
Reading a lot - self improvement - Keto diet - Cognitive Behavior - real estate. In no particular order.
It's amazing how many parts of my life interact.
Gary Keller says "The habits that you create will either help you reach your goals or hamper your attempts". then quotes Warren Buffett, most people discover too late that "the chains of habits are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken". My big goal of another 100lbs must be supported by big habits to make sure I succeed. The lines cannot be blurry.
I know from experience that one small chocolate bar can lead me in the wrong direction.
Everyone it is no surprise that we all have similar experiences. The best feeling when we are shopping out of our own closet and when those big girl pants are getting too big to quote Ubee, also the frustration when the scale is not moving or even creeping up a little.
Develop some habits that keep you on the right track. The wrong track sucks and I endorse the fact that that 3 is the worst.
Have a great Sunday......
anniemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 03:42 PM   #49  

anniemaxx, I am very excited to start shopping my closet soon. I have a whole bag of clothes that are too small, and two dresses that are perfect for fall and winter that are just a little too small for me to feel comfortable. Hopefully I'll lose enough that I'll be able to wear them this winter!
Old 08-13-2017, 10:01 PM   #50  
anniemaxx

Sencha
If you love clothes like I do (fashionista) just realize that about 15 - 20 lbs will be a size. I am also excited to be able to wear some things I bought last year before a quick gain of 40 lbs. (they still have tags).
anniemaxx
Old 08-14-2017, 05:51 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Hi everyone.

Anniemaxx YES! So many parts of our lives do interact! That is why I always get excited when someone starts talking about removing clutter from their house, body fat is clutter on our body. So glad to hear you are doing so well.

Sencha you are so close to your first goal. You can do this. I hope today was a better day for you.

Kathy hope your meds have you feeling healthy soon.

Orion nice progress with the capris.

Today the scale read 239.8 I have not been in the 230's since 1994!
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 09:32 PM   #52  

anniemaxx, yes, I do love clothes. One of the things that's got me so excited about losing weight is that I'll finally be able to sew some cute clothes for myself. 15-20 pounds being equal to one size seems a lot more do-able than thinking of all the weight I'll need to lose before I can be out of the plus sizes.

Ubee, I am doing better today. I went over my calories by a little, but stayed on plan. My meds aren't upsetting my stomach tonight like they have been. I'm happy for you that you've hit the 230's!

I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow morning since I forgot to do it today, but I think I may have some water weight. I think that time of the month is going to be upon me soon.
Old 08-15-2017, 09:33 AM   #53  

Sencha glad you had a better day. I find I also am holding water if I do not sleep well.
So exciting that you are close to your first mini goal!
Old 08-15-2017, 10:33 AM   #54  

I've officially lost 10 pounds! I weighed in today at 321, so I've got one more pound to go before I hit my first mini goal. Hopefully I'll lose it this week. This time around just seems so different from all the other times. I don't feel deprived, and every pound I lose makes me more excited to continue my healthy eating habits. I'm not exercising yet, but I want to add in strength training soon. The trick for me will be finding exercises I can do without getting down on the floor. That's a bit of a struggle for me at this point. I'm thinking of some moves that I can do standing up, like wall pushups or planks on the arm of the couch. That's about all my abs and chest can handle anyway.
Old 08-15-2017, 03:35 PM   #55  

Sencha! 10 pounds down and 1 to go!!!
Old 08-15-2017, 08:03 PM   #56  
anniemaxx

Sencha I am so glad for you and also impressed you are making your clothes. As a society we have devalued clothes so much. We Just throw them away.
UbeeI have noticed that you are under 240 and I congratulate you much
Feel like I ate a lot today but all good stuff,
left me tired

anniemaxx

Last edited by anniemaxx; 08-15-2017 at 08:04 PM.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:47 AM   #57  

Thank you Anniemaxx. How are you doing? I miss your updates on what you are learning in life.

I am doing well. Knowing that my husband wants to lose also, and that our daughter needs to stay healthy changes everything. We are saving so much money by eating less. Everyone says fruits and veggies cost so much but so does junk food. Besides I go to Aldi's for fruits and veggies and they always have something at a great price.
Still need to move more. I bought some hand weights at a rummage sale so my husband and I each have some. We will start doing simple arm exercises today.
Old 08-17-2017, 08:30 AM   #58  

Ubee, I'm glad that your family wants to be healthy too. I'm having some trouble getting my husband on board with a healthy lifestyle, and he really needs it. Aldi is a good option for inexpensive fruits and veggies. I have found that Meijer usually has good sales on produce as well.

I have a dental appointment today to get some cavities filled, and I'm pretty nervous about it. It's been a while since I've been to the dentist, and I'm concerned that the medicines they will use will interact with my own, although I'm sure that's something they check on before hand. Still a bit nervous, though.
On the positive side, I noticed last night that my pants are starting to feel a little looser, but not in a spot that I have been measuring, so I don't know for sure that I've lost any inches.

Last edited by Sencha; 08-17-2017 at 08:31 AM.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:51 PM   #59  
I'm on a Mission

S/C/G: 375/297/200

Height: 6ft

Anniemaxx and Sencha, there is probably nothing more exciting than entering in new clothes you could not even imagine get before. I have a pair of jeans ( too big for me now ) that I bought few years ago ( 3 or 4 years ago ) and I was hoping I could wear them one day... I did . Now I have a new pair of Jeans ( and a tee shirt and a shirt as well ) waiting for my diet progress. That's a fantastic challenge imo.

Ubee, thanks Ubee, I will definitely keep contributing to this forum. I have to say I really love it. Great to have a community of people understanding the struggle we go through with the diet.

OrionNebula, yes walking is great and you're right EASY . A nice scenery helps, but the appropriate weather as well. Here in Spain, as it's very hot during summertime. I walk in the evening or morning. I'm thinking to get a bike as well when I lose more weight and feel more comfortable to go for a bike. I'm thinking about hiking as well, many friends are trying to convince me. I might give it a try. Any other nice suggestions ?

Kathy.kolb, hi, what's the story with that thyroid medication ? Will this help with your diet ? Thanks.

Those last 2 weeks have not been good for me...
I've had more cheat moments in the last 2 weeks than I did in the last 2 or 3 months.
The good thing is that I stick to the gym and walking. And when I buy a Ice cream or cakes, I end up throwing them away after starting eating them because I feel bad.
I hope I will regain my momentum. My Coach expects me to go the scale next week and I really don't want a bad news... I was hoping to be below the 300lbs, but now I'm not sure... Depressing
But I'll keep the momentum, no choice

Last edited by Unapologetic Lover; 08-17-2017 at 06:56 PM.
Unapologetic Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:55 PM   #60  
anniemaxx

I have had a little less focus this past two weeks than in the last two months. I had made a commitment to myself to focus on my health. Although I am not way off on the eating I have not followed my big rule of not eating even a morsel unless I am eating sitting down and with a fork. I caught myself eating a pinch of cheese - because I started measuring it and a quarter cup looks so much more than I thought.
lol so I treated myself to a little pinch. Got to get back into drinking the water. the water. Eating creeping up a little. I stopped my food log. Big No No. So I am going to be a very good girl until the end of the month. Who wants to join me in the challenge
So I am starting that again. Got a little confident there for a minute. No gain of any consequence - up a pound then back down a pound. I am not freaking out because I know that the unplanned food - chicken from a chick-fil-a sandwich could not possibly have a long term effect. Taking the next three days to do some intermittent fasting, Also drink lots of water.
Happy about shopping in my closet. Some clothes already big.
Thought I'd have a comfy day the other day and saw a photo of myself (no comment except it was an old bra) lol.
On that note I will say goodnight and when I reach my goal I'll show you the photo (not pretty).

Have a great evening