300+ Chat Thread August 2017

You're on Page 5 of 7
Go to
  • Unapologetic Lover, that's great that you hit your first goal outfit. Keep going and I'm sure you will reach your new goal. That's so great that you have stuck to your exercise plan. I also think it's good that you're throwing away your cheat foods rather than finishing them! Maybe they're something that you can buy smaller portions of so that you can have them and not feel guilty?

anniemaxx, I haven't been following my rule of sitting down to eat as strictly as I should either. I will join you in your challenge for the rest of the month. My challenge will be to eat small, regular meals throughout the day rather than barely eating during the day and having a large dinner. I feel better when I space my food out over the day.

The dentist was sooo much better than I thought it would be. No pain, just sitting in that chair for an hour and a half being bored. I had a cavity in one of my wisdom teeth, so having my jaw open that wide for so long has it pretty sore today. Also, the dentist pinched my cheeks really hard when he was numbing me in order to distract me, so now I have bruises, or at least sore spots, on my cheeks today.
  • Sencha glad the dentist appointment went well.

Anniemaxx I know all to well how that photo looks. This morning I gave the girls a pep talk about moving back up north.

Unapologetic Lover
    has something changed that you are struggling with your eating?

I love all the clothes stories! A few months ago I bought smaller jeans and gave them to my daughter in college to borrow. At the time she laughed at me using the borrowed word. She was giving me high fives today when she saw how nice they fit! I told her I would give them back when they got to be too big for me.
  • Well, I didn't stick to my plan of eating small, regular meals today. Ever since I went off one of my meds that was causing me to feel ravenous ALL the time, I haven't been as hungry, and the hunger doesn't seem as urgent as it used to. So I had a protein bar and banana for breakfast, another protein bar for lunch, and then hot dogs and tater tots for dinner. I weighed myself this morning and I'd lost 3 pounds since Monday, which means I overshot my first mini goal by 2 pounds I know that my weight loss will slow down the closer I get to my goal, but it's such a motivator to see it coming off quickly at this point.
  • Congratulations Sencha! I think it is important to have many small mini goals. I made mine 10 pounds like yours and then under 250 I started my 5 pound goals.
  • Friends
    just checking in before bed. I am facing a busy week and feel prepared, please wish me luck though. I am a Realtor and am taking customers out to buy a new house this week. They are moving from out of state so have to 'get er done' in a week. I am also going out of town Tuesday night through Wednesday.
    My worry is the dreaded snack food they have laying around hotel conferences. My goal is to stick to the zero tolerance policy, I am afraid if I start I won't stop
    My plan is to drink water and coffee all day, pack a lunch and not really bother what other people are doing about food.
    The company is buying matching t shirts for us. I was able to order a 2X. [B]Ubee[/B ]I will be leaving the sports bra at home.
    Sencha Next time make sure those are Broccoli tater tots LOL Seriously - try the Green Giant Cauliflower Rice and let me know what you think.
    My hubby and I went grocery shopping yesterday and spent over $200 (TP, shampoo etc was included). We had a long discussion of how we would not be able to feed a family of six like we used too.
    It's no wonder we are getting huge as a nation. The affordable groceries are sooooo processed.

If I don't get to check in please know I will be following your posts on my phone.

Please have a great week and treat yourselves well.
  • Anniemax - hope the week goes well

Yes I have been mia this month pretty sad really not the best month - off track out of focus complete blahs so pretty much up and down on the scale like a yo-yo
    Having said that added up it's not s. Gain so good
    Need to refocus and plan this week
    My planning has well to put it politely stunk!!!
    Here is to a hoo week for all of us
  • Grats Sencha!

Re: Thyroid meds are because my thyroid isn't making enough hormone to correctly run my body. So, I am prescribed thyroid med. This is part of why I weight so much, no energy for 30 years.
  • anniemaxx, I will try the cauliflower rice. I know what you mean about not being able to buy affordable healthy food. I'm not sure how we'll manage once I get my husband on the bandwagon, but I'll make it work somehow. Maybe going mostly vegetarian will help with the food budget, but DH loves his meat too much. Tomorrow I'll be making a bean soup, with quinoa on the side. Hopefully it will taste alright. I try to meal prep my dinners for the week; otherwise I end up eating whatever DH cooks, and it's usually not that healthy. Once again, I did not meet my goal of eating regular meals yesterday. My stomach was upset all day, and the only reason I ate dinner (which was cereal) was because I had to take my meds.
  • Sencha as both you and your husband lose you will require less food. Our grocery budget has gone down yet we still struggle with making too much.

Kathy have you ever heard of Mary Shomon? I heard about her in the dieting with obsticles section of 3 FC.

Karencat you should be heading into spring soon, right? That may help turn things around?

Anniemaxx I will be thinking of you this week. Zero tolerance is sometimes the best option. Perhaps if you check out what the other ladies are wearing and pick out a few of the nicest dressed who are in smaller sizes and imagine how much better you will feel when you can fit into cuter clothes. Then when you are tempted just imagine yourself wearing those clothes. (It may be time to burn that sports bra.)

Today I weigh 90 pounds less then my heaviest weight.

Have a great day.
  • Ubee, that is so wonderful that you are 90 pounds less than your heaviest. That's some serious dedication!
  • Thanks Sencha! How was your day?

Anniemaxx stay strong you want to get this weight off more then you want that fat making stuff you would just shove down your throat and not enjoy. How do you want to look and feel a year from now?

Sweetcakes I thought of you today when I was chasing my grandsons, sitting cross legged on the ground with them and lugging them around. Now is the time for you to get your weight off. I know you are dealing with an empty nest but that time may be shorter then you realize. Make the most of it now,

How is everyone else doing?
  • Kathy.kolb, it's really hard to lose weight when your thyroid's off. I was on thyroid medicine for a while many years ago, and then for some reason it went back to normal. I still worry about though.

Ubee, my day yesterday was pretty good. I did have two pieces of rye toast with my tea because I was hungry, and after that I wanted an english muffin, but I didn't have it. Had to sit down on the floor to help my DD with her homework, which was not easy, and another reminder of why I'm losing weight.

Today is my first at-campus class. It's an evening class and I'm wondering whether I should eat before or after. Nervous stomach means I will probably end up eating after I get home.
  • Sencha how was class?

I had an up up and away day with food today. Going to have to rein it back in tomorrow.

So very quiet around here...
  • Thanks Ubee, I'll look into Mary Shomon.
  • Ubee, class was great. It looks like it will be very interesting.

I think I've lost more weight, but I can't tell for sure because my scale's acting weird. I think it needs new batteries, which I won't be able to get until next Friday.