Old 06-23-2017, 08:41 AM   #46  
anniemaxx

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199.9

Height: 5'3"

Welcome Topsy,
My brother transformed his life with the Slimming World Program.
Ann
anniemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 08:47 AM   #47  
anniemaxx

Default How is everyone doing today?

Good morning ladies. Coming up to the weekend. Always a tough time, My husband is really on board now as he weighed himself and discovered for the first time he is 50 pounds overweight.
Did a big shop yesterday so I'm prepared. Getting hungry at night though. What are you ladies doing for late night hunger/snacking.
Annie
Old 06-23-2017, 02:49 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 390/352/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniemaxx View Post
Good morning from Florida everyone.
Working my plan and lost pound and a half.
Looks like you had similar Ubee, huge congratulations.
Pam I LOVE your plan. I'll be adding some of your to mine if you don't mind. The sitting for extended periods is one of my downfalls. TV marathons
Have an awesome day everyone.
Annie
Go for it, Annie... I am working those today... especially working on staying busy and drinking my water more than anything...

Sitting a lot is one of my downfalls too... If I am home I set a timer on my phone to 15 minutes so I have to get up after that time and go do something... anything... usually I find a half dozen things to do before I go sit back down... then put the timer back on...

All of y'all... keep adding your losses... it inspires me greatly.... thank you so much!!!
pjvw34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 04:28 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Ann, usually at night I just go to bed. The more tired I am the more I want to eat.
One thing I do notice when I am watching TV is all those commercials are triggers. Plus to me a movie means popcorn. That is a habit but one that is hard to kick.
Pam, the timer is a great idea. I just am such a slacker when it comes to moving. I wonder if that will ever change.
Last night I was tired but couldn't go to bed. I was also disappointed/angry so of course I did what I have always done. I had a binge. It was smallish but I still can not move past the binge reaction. Maybe I never will and I will have to settle for not doing as much damage as before.
This weekend is going to be tough. Weekends always are.
Have a good day!
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 08:59 AM   #50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsy81 View Post
Hi Can i Please join you?I have a LOT of weight to loose and am looking a WLS-BUT that could be 18 months to 2 years away so am trying to lose weight cal counting ( Have lost almost 2 1/2 stone on slimming world since Jan) xxxx
Welcome Topsy... so glad you found us... congrats on losing 2 1/2 stone... that is awesome!!!
Old 06-24-2017, 09:11 AM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubee View Post
Ann, usually at night I just go to bed. The more tired I am the more I want to eat.
One thing I do notice when I am watching TV is all those commercials are triggers. Plus to me a movie means popcorn. That is a habit but one that is hard to kick.
Pam, the timer is a great idea. I just am such a slacker when it comes to moving. I wonder if that will ever change.
Last night I was tired but couldn't go to bed. I was also disappointed/angry so of course I did what I have always done. I had a binge. It was smallish but I still can not move past the binge reaction. Maybe I never will and I will have to settle for not doing as much damage as before.
This weekend is going to be tough. Weekends always are.
Have a good day!
Ann... at night I usually drink water... and that seems to curb my appetite... I haven't had popcorn in such a long time... but maybe soon... just not at night... lol

Ubee... thanks... the timer works great... I just have to make sure I set it every time I sit down... I sometimes have a binge too... the hardest thing for me to do sometimes is to get back to my program... I am doing well right now as far as getting back on program... I am like you... I wonder if I will ever get past the binge reaction...

I hope you all have a wonderful ON Plan Day!!!
Old 06-24-2017, 02:06 PM   #52  
anniemaxx

Ladies wanted to drop in real quick to tell you about a food I found, Forgive me if you already know. Its by Green Giant (frozen) A cauliflower rice with peppers and onions. Yummy.
I threw the empty packet away but will give more details when I buy another.
I am going to use it tomorrow with a few turkey sausage scrambles to make stuffed peppers. I'll let you knw how it turns out. I promise I won't post all the time about food. Don't you hate going on boards that talk all the time about food and restaurants.

The Atkins seems to be working for me right now but I am very interested in hearing about 'intermittent fasting'. What does that mean???
How does it work?

Having this lifeline means the world to me. Thanks so much all of you.
Annie
Old 06-24-2017, 02:45 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 350/292/140

Height: 5f 7

Thank you for the warm welcome.

I struggle with late night snacking as I am cal counting i Leave 400 cals for after tea-BUT make sure i have some fruit in with that-tonight is 200g strawberries for 66 cals. Mine is always worse after i take my night meds someone said about painting your nails to keep your hands busy.

anniemaxx I struggle with weekends and have an extra 300 cal each day

Hope you are all enjoying your weekends. xxxx
topsy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 10:48 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/195

Height: 5'8"

I had one of those embarrassing fat moments this weeked. I worked at my summer job last year, and we got mail order waders that went up to a pretty big size. The ones I got fit really good, except in the calf, but it was ok - they were just bunched up a little there. This year, they said they were getting the same waders so I asked for the same size. Well, it turns out that they decided instead to just get waders from the local sporting goods store. I could barely get the darn things on me! To make it worse, I really had to struggle to get back out again. I don't think anyone was really paying attention because they were trying their own gear on, but it was still embarrassing. Then the team leader came up with the idea of getting me hip waders because I would be working in wetlands rather than streams and rivers with most of the crew. Hip waders never fit my thighs and they pull my pants down. I'm not really looking forward to going to the store with him on Monday to get new waders.

Last edited by OrionNebula; 06-24-2017 at 10:48 PM.
OrionNebula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 10:17 AM   #55  
anniemaxx

Default know how you feel

I know how you feel. I obsess with some things - going to a concert I need the aisle seat, anxious about getting on a plane in case they give me the middle seat and then on top of that I have to ask for a seat belt extension etc. etc.

My advice is to talk to your boss in private and / or call ahead to the store and let them know you'll need some extra fitting help. Set yourself up for success.
You could also go to the store in private before the boss to pre try the waders on. Take with you the make/size of the ones from last year that fit and maybe the store can custom order.

Good luck.
Annie
Old 06-25-2017, 05:12 PM   #56  

Ann, i for one appreciate people letting me know about healthy new options at the grocery store. At the store I am in and out. I am very susceptible to impulse shopping.
Intermittent Fasting can be done with any diet.
https://www.dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting I wish I would have taken the time to really learn about it back in 2013 when I first heard of it.
Hi Topsy hope your weekend went well.
Orion, I feel for you. I hate being in situations like that. I really think Ann gave you great advice. Good luck.
Hi Pam, how are you doing?
How is everyone else doing?
Today was better food wise. Weekends are just so tough because I do best on a routine.
Old 06-25-2017, 10:03 PM   #57  
anniemaxx

Ubee
thanks for the link.
Amazing stories,
I'm going to do the 16:8 for a month.
Starting tomorrow. Which one do you do?
Annie
Old 06-26-2017, 09:19 AM   #58  
anniemaxx

Good morning Ladies
Hope everyone has a good start to the week.
I have started the intermittent fasting program today
8 hours for food plan then 16 hours fasting.
Thanks Ubee for guidance.
Ann
Old 06-26-2017, 09:45 AM   #59  
Natasha

S/C/G: 335/272.2/250

Quote:
Originally Posted by anniemaxx View Post
I am going to use it tomorrow with a few turkey sausage scrambles to make stuffed peppers. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Oh what a great idea. I miss stuffed peppers and couldn't figure out how to do it without the rice. Thanks for the idea.
ichoose2believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 01:50 PM   #60  

Hi Natasha.

Ann, I started with the 8:16 or is it 16:8??? I was doing great BUT then it became like a watching the clock game and I have 2 hours left what should I eat now. I started obsessing about food like I do when calorie counting. So I just ate until I was satisfied and stopped. When life is running smoothly I do One Meal A Day. (a.k.a. OMAD) Other days I fast for 20 hours. I just started to naturally listen to my body, which goes against almost all weight loss advice I have seen.
When you have time please give a little more info on your brother and Slimming World.

Have a peaceful day everyone!