Old 03-17-2017, 11:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 381/tracker/175

Height: 5'9

Default Help curbing cravings

I have started "diets" so many times I cannot even count. Does anyone have any advice on curbing sweet cravings? I want something sweet every afternoon.

We are taking our little boys to Lego Land in October and I really need to lose some of this weight before we go. I cannot let my weight hold me back anymore.
AmbieP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I increased my vegetable consumption to very high amounts. I think that eventually changed my taste buds and I found myself not interested in sweets at all. Actually, they taste excessively sweet to me now. My DH is a big sweet eater and has baked goods every day. They don't even interest me anymore. It took several months for this change to happen.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 04:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ambie,
I can only tell you what is working for me. Years ago I did low carb. Lost weight but as my signature says my sweet tooth came back with a vengeance. This time I am fasting and doing lower carb. When I first started I allowed myself to eat during an 8 hour window. I started eating whatever I wanted just had to eat it in that 8 hours. I lost weight over the holidays! The longer I did this the more the foods I wanted to eat changed. I became hungry for soups, veggies, meat, salads. Plus I did not want such large portions. I stopped when I was full. I do not eat if I am not hungry. (Sounds logical but how many of us eat a meal because the clock says so?) If I want something sweet and it is not in my window I tell myself I can have it if I want it during my window. I still eat it if I want to BUT I no longer eat as much of it by choice. Either it does not taste as good as I thought it would or just a little satisfies me.
I never thought I could fast. I never thought I could eat lower carb. I definitely NEVER thought I could walk by sweets and not be tempted let alone to start eating one and not finish it.
Just my 2 cents. We are all different.
Good luck!
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 11:21 PM   #4  
mjf

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbieP View Post
Does anyone have any advice on curbing sweet cravings? I want something sweet every afternoon.
Stop eating sweets or anything with added sugar (including artificial sweeteners). The first few days will be hard, but within 1 or 2 weeks you won't crave sweets anymore.
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

Try a large glass of water and a piece of fruit ... water helps to feel full
Fruit gets the sweet in
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote