Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 05:33 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 330/323/199

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Hey everyone! Just checking in. I've been trying to get back on track after all the birthdays in my family (My mom, daughter and me). It seems like all the good stuff (aka horrible for you) is available when family comes over. I finally got the new battery for my fitbit zip so i can tracking steps again.

It was warm enough that I took my daughter on a walk through a wooded trail. She did pretty well. I wasn't sure how she would handle it because shes only 2 but she enjoyed looking around. We did have to stop so she could pick up every leaf on the trail (it was semi paved) but at least we both got some steps in. Plus i got some weight training because she was too tired to finish...which is strange because as soon as we got to the park she was running around like crazy
Old 02-19-2017, 06:28 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

argh 3 steps forward 2 back - gained a pound this week ...
hate when that happens
however
went swimming for 40 minutes yesterday did 30 weight training this morning .. need to drink more water too
here is to a better week all round for me... and a great new week to you all too
Old 02-19-2017, 10:26 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 342/235/150

Height: 5'4

It seems like my biggest challenge is getting here to post something, lately! I come here and read to see what you all are up too, but I never find the time to actually post an update.

My weight loss has stalled or remained very slow over the last several weeks... and I've suffered some medical issues. I've been having some severe upper gastric pain that is mimicking gallbladder like symptoms, however my gallbladder was removed two years ago. It was bad enough that it landed me in the ER last weekend and I was informed that they may be phantom gallbladder pains that I will have to live with for the rest of my life... Luckily my doctor is going to be doing some further testing this week to see if something else may be causing the problem, though. Not looking forward to the testing, but the pain is pretty excruciating.

Beautiful weather here lately (for February) and I have the next three days off, so I am hoping to enjoy some outdoor activities with my girls. Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!
Old 02-20-2017, 03:42 AM   #19  

Finally got to check in and read not just fly through scroll fast and run

Phae... would love to see you visit down under in NZ... any friends in Australia too????

EchoLuv ... 30 days of yoga challenge set by a friend on Weight Watchers Aus/NZ working with you tube.... I got to day 22 when my elbow started being horrid have not finished the last 8 ... part of the challenge was for each day you miss you add it on ... go backwards number of days... so I would restart at 14 and work from there ...
we are using 30 days of yoga by Adrienne on you tube .. needs to be the one that is about 2 years old - revolution yoga is 30 days of harder yoga so not so good... also the more days you get into it - this gets harder - dont be afraid to modify if needed...

Livingtoloose.. I hope you can find out what is the cause of your pain - phantom pains would be not good .. and you can do something about them hope your able to get back more often too -- we are having CRAP February weather - and its our summer hope you enjoy it...

scotsgal .. my daily step count averages 10-12,000 my best so far is 30,000 still chuffed every time I hit the 15+ marks too.. how are the steps going hope the scales are being nice to you too...

ME: work tonight was training - along with training comes PIZZA! yes horrible stodgy delicious nasty calories laden pizza...
positives - blew a good chunk of my weeklies ... at least cant blow them at the end - did a cable weights machine workout today this was good
will do again after work tomorrow?
Have an early start in morning need to sleep more - visited this site at least twice this week going well -
not so good gained a pound .. that happens when you fall off your wagon and couple it with that time of the month too..
back on point feeling a bit bloated have lunch pre cooked thanks to hubby nice mix of rice and veg.. along with beef schnitzel (very thin steak)
FOR 2 days and they will happily fit my points... girls can have pies and veg or salad tomorrow after both having busy days ... think they will like that
plus they are quite active so can burn it fast..
Old 02-22-2017, 03:36 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 360/ 304.8 / 180.0

Height: 5'11"

Finally got that scale today. ^.^ So now I know where I stand. 357.2 (My guess was 350ish as where I was six months ago) I tested it twice and gave me the same weight so I trust it. I also had my four year old test it and she was within half a pound of what she was a week ago at the doctor. Now I just have to hope it will keep going down.

I also have figured out where I want to be and when. I know it wont be perfect and will take a little longer but I hope to reach 180 by 2019. Guessing at 2lb a week.

In other news two days ago I started the 30 Day Fitness Challenge app. I forgot what it was like to do crunches I don't think I have tried one in 6 years.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:39 AM   #21  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Hello Everyone, this week has been busy and then not busy all at the same time . On Tuesday I went to take the dog a walk but got 10 mins in and had to turn back because of the driving rain and wind. So I decided to come home and go on a housework spree for an hour which burned a good 490calories Ill keep that in mind and do that more often . Then the gym again for an hour on Tuesday night. Yesterday was such bad weather, we have a storm brewing just now, when you live down the beach, you better only need to leave for essentials , so today I will do some home workouts as I have my nieces Confirmation tonight at the church. Tomorrow might be a double workout day I think.

Anyway... less of the bore..... I came down to 273.6 which was a new low... but this morning I have went up half a pound for some reason. Not sure if I maybe didn't drink enough water yesterday when dinner was a little salty. But I gotta work on through it.

Ruby I understand completely, January was very difficult for me to lose after Xmas with a family event or Birthday or something going on every weekend. It has only really been in the last 10 days or so that I have been able to get back on track. I also have stopped allowing myself to have a "cheat" meal. Instead on a Friday night I share with my mom a Gluten free pizza at 400 calories, I then have a small portion of fries that are about 150 calories. So for 550, I feel like I am cheating because I have pizza, but it fits in with my daily and weekly calorie totals, so I don't see the horror on the scale the next day. It works for me just now, doesn't mean it always will . Hope you are able to find something that works for you.

Karencat You absolute Hero swimming for 40 mins? is that doing lengths? I did 20 lengths in 30 mins last week and I barely had the strength to pull myself out of the pool . I would love to be able to keep going for 40 mins. My steps are up and down, one day I will hit 12,000 and the next ill barely hit 4,000 I just have such random workout days. When I hit the gym I don't do cardio, so I barely hit 2,000 steps just walking from weights to weights :weights:.

Living Ohh noo! Phantom pains. My mum is waiting on surgery to have hers removed, she had no idea she had a problem until one night at like 2am, she called me from my room thinking she was having a heart attack. Doubled in pain, sweating like an SOB and struggling to breathe. I really hope that something is triggering them so that you can find relief. Hope you feel better s that you can go out and enjoy the weather.

Echo Well done on making a starting point, now onto the rest of your journey. I was 323lb last January, I'm now just .6 away from 50lbs lost which is a little behind schedule, but it took me a while to realise that stress makes me maintain weight so now I'm playing catch up after dealing with some stresses. If I can do it, you sure can too
Old 02-23-2017, 10:14 AM   #22  
Natasha

S/C/G: 335/272.2/250

Height: 5'3"

I did it you guys. I am 25lbs down AND... I am under the 311 barrier that I couldn't get below last time I was trying to trim down. I am at 309 as of yesterday!! One hurdle down... next one to get under 300. Yay
Old 02-25-2017, 05:49 AM   #23  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

ichoose2believe Well Done!!! Do you feel the mini goals really keep you on track and motivated? I hit 50lbs off yesterday and my next stage is 75lbs. I am hoping to hit it come June for a wedding, But I don't know if I sometimes over-estimate.
Old 02-25-2017, 11:15 AM   #24  
Member for Life

S/C/G: 322.6/ticker/150

I am so very proud of you all!! Everyone is working so hard and succeeding

I'm not sure what to say about myself. I've gained since we began our spring challenge. I remember many, many years ago I went to a divorce group after my divorce. I was amazed that there were people in that group who had been divorced for two years, five years, eight years and they were still stuck where they had been the day the divorce was final. Still bitter, still in that same place.

I don't want to do that with 3FC. I come here every week. I say the right things. Then I turn my computer off and I'm still stuck the same place I was last week, last month, last year, five years ago...

I look at all the wonderful people on here who are motivated for themselves, for their families, to be more active, to have more energy, to be more healthy...

But I just don't see how losing the weight is going to make a difference in my life. I'll still go to work everyday, come home to the fluffs every night. It's been that way for years, and years. My family was never close- we have nothing in common with one another. And nothing to talk about when together. I haven't traveled in 15 years.

I have a form of Aspergers where I find it extremely stressful to be around other people. I was blessed in the past to have friends/significant others who drug me places with them and helped me adjust when I was there - where ever there might be. But they've all moved on and the one or two friends I have left are like me. We text but we don't go anywhere either together or alone.

So in reality how will losing weight change my life?

Still trying to figure that out. Well enough about me.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful week. This is the final push to the finish line for the Spring Challenge. Let's go all out this week and see what we can do!!

Last edited by Phae1963; 02-25-2017 at 11:15 AM.
Old 02-25-2017, 11:43 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Phae,
Losing weight will not change who we are nor will it change others.
Hopefully it will help us to get healthier. It will prevent all sorts of ailments, aches and pains as we age.
We will be able to do more tasks more easily.
We will fit better in booths.
We will be able sit on plastic lawn chairs without fear of them collapsing.
We will get less winded when taking stairs...
We will be able to tie our shoes in the middle instead of having the fat lady bow on the corners.
We will have many more clothing options at less cost.
Feel free to chime in gang!

Phae, we need to do this for ourselves. You don't know what opportunities your future holds. Take care of you and have faith in the future.
Old 02-25-2017, 04:53 PM   #26  
Member for Life

S/C/G: 322.6/ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubee View Post
Phae,
We will be able sit on plastic lawn chairs without fear of them collapsing.

Phae, we need to do this for ourselves. You don't know what opportunities your future holds. Take care of you and have faith in the future.
Thanks I needed that. I sometimes forget the trees that make up the forest during this journey.

You made me laugh also. I used to volunteer at a shelter. I broke two of their plastic chairs and an outside glider/swing. Kind had forgotten that.
Old 02-25-2017, 08:31 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 360/ 304.8 / 180.0

Height: 5'11"

Phae
It was really beautiful to read your post about life and some of your personal barriers.

It's funny that I'm so insecure when I'm very confident in myself. Like I could run around in a bikini with all my fat flailing around and I wouldn't care. But the second I can't walk up a flights of stairs I cry and I hyperventilate. I panic even before the fist step I get anxiety of remembering the one time somebody asked me, "are you having trouble breathing?"

I was talking to my boyfriend probably a couple weeks ago. I tried to explain to him it's not my weight, it's not how I look, but it is how I feel. I wish I could say I am doing it for him, for my kids, maybe even for myself. Honestly I have no clue why I am other than I guess to prove myself wrong and in 5 years time look back and be thankful I tried when I didn't want to or even have a real reason pushing me.

Ruby
I am glad your little one enjoyed the trail, my 4 year old daughter enjoys going on walks with me. She picks up every thing still. Leafs, rocks, flowers, and shells. I had to tell her there's a rule she can only have one for each hand and I won't take them from her until the end of our walk for her to keep them. I think I might try to get a jar to keep them in. Normally they get lost in my car.

Scotsgal
Thankyou. I am very excited to see where I am a tomorrow (Sundays are when I plan to have my weeks start) and then the next few weeks from now. Hopefully all goes well. ^.^

Also I noticed about the mini goals. Since I just started on my first step of a large goal. My only mini goals have been towards my walking and exercising. Like today was walk 1.45 miles. I told myself as long as I go a mile without giving up that's what counts. When I hit that mile and felt tired I gave myself a 2 minute break and then pushed on to finish the full 1.45 mile. After all something is better than nothing. We are also all human and have bad days. I just keep telling myself it's okay to take a step back if I push harder next time.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:17 AM   #28  
Natasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotsgal View Post
ichoose2believe Well Done!!! Do you feel the mini goals really keep you on track and motivated? I hit 50lbs off yesterday and my next stage is 75lbs. I am hoping to hit it come June for a wedding, But I don't know if I sometimes over-estimate.
Yes it gives me something small to focus on. My next goal is to get under 300lbs.
Congrats on the 50lbs lost. You can do the 75 by june just stay positive.
Old 02-26-2017, 09:38 AM   #29  
Natasha

Phae - Your words touched my heart. Ubee is right it is going to make a host of things a lot easier. Maybe you can start volunteering again at the shelter. I have to take this change little by little because I have failed so many times before. I am tired of failing. Being at 325 I never went anywhere out of fear. I was/am tired of being stuck in the shadows where no one knows me or can see me. I know it's not easy hon but if you need us we are all here for you.

Echo- you are 100% correct something is better than nothing. When I walked my first mile by toes were numb and I could barely breath by the end. I am only up to a 2 mile walk but I figure better than where I started.

Scotsgal- Congrats... you are doing so wonderful can't wait until I am there. About the steps things I hear you. Got almost 11k on Friday and Saturday I was below 5k. Weird.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:53 AM   #30  

okay did an insane thing sat here in NZ- group of WW members set a step goal to meet before the end of the day / weekend

the high point goal was to do 45000 in one day - and oh boy - I DID just that on Saturday !

scotsgal - congrats on hitting that goal - you can do this getting down to 75 gone....
Closed Thread