Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 10:43 AM   #31  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

So I am starting a new week, fresh faced again! Been at the gym today and probably didn't burn as much as I did last week, I will be doing some skull crushers here at home because the gym didn't have a kettle bell under 12kg to work on my bingo wings, so its a half home workout today. I am only .1 lb up from Fridays Lowest before having that takeout. Tomorrow I can imagine that the scale will be on the move down slightly. I have 2 really good friends who have decided to start a whatsapp group full of healthy information and keeping each other up to date which is very handy to say the least.

breakfast today was my usual 3 boiled eggs on a toasted thin.

Lunch was another toasted thin with tuna a cucumber

Dinner will be Turkey with sweet potato mash and some veggies.

I also wanted to share with you lovely ladies something for motivation. I have lost nearly 45lbs since last January. I always aimed to lose 1lb a week in a year so that when I sit and think, this time next year I could be 52lbs lighter, I would actually of done it. Well I am a little behind on that promise to myself and it really annoys me that I couldn't consistently lose just 1lb a week.

So my best friend, who I swore I thought I would marry when I was 13 sent me this picture and said "don't you ever look at your progress and think that you haven't done enough. This is 50lbs of fat, just 5lbs off where you are now. Look at what you have achieved! If you can do this! you can do great things". Now I knew I kept him around for a reason

Oh and Phae Thank you soooo much, that was annoying me

Last edited by Scotsgal; 01-16-2017 at 10:46 AM.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:57 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 400/388/199

Height: 5'4''

Thanks for the encouragement guys, I managed to stay on track last week and have a good loss for the week. I sat down also and made a list of everything I wanted to achieve and by when.

I am thinking of putting sticky notes up on my mirror with 5 lb losses, every time I drop 5lbs I can pull off a sticky.

How do you guys get the cute little tickers at the bottom of your posts?
Old 01-16-2017, 05:47 PM   #33  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/251/150

Height: 5'2 1/2

Hi Everyone,

I don't know how many old members are still in the 300 club but I'm back once again. I'm still on my journey. I've lost 38 pounds so far.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:23 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 330/323/199

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Hi Terra! I don't think I was here then but I do remember seeing your name on some of the older posts i've been reading. Welcome back

Has anyone heard of taking Metamucil to help boost weight loss? A couple of my co-workers swear by it but I'm unsure of putting something else on my plate. Anyone else use it?

I'm thinking about 'stealing' Phae and Scotsgal mini goal signatures. I like the idea of having a visual list of accomplishments/goals/etc.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:46 PM   #35  
Determind Member

Terra I recognise your name, but Sometimes its the DP I remember from people Anyway..... Welcome back! If you have the last few weeks weights, you can join in our spring challenge which is only for 300+ folks and is just something extra for accountability.

Ruby I find the list really useful and motivational, My next one is June and I wanna work my booty off to get it!
Old 01-20-2017, 10:30 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

HI Tarra

Welcome back ...
Dont know if you know me...
I still post in the 300 club even though I am now under 300 as I find the members here are supportive and I love there posts and encouragement
Old 01-21-2017, 12:48 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 330/323/199

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Today has been a bad day. I just posted my new weight in the Spring sheet and I went back up to 299. I had one day this week that I cut loose...and it wasn't even that bad..only 1900 calories. One day versus the amazing week of under 1300 calories every other day and I still gained weight. I'm doing exactly what I was doing before and It not working.

Sigh. Okay deep breathe. I hate complaining but sometimes..arg.

I hope everyone is doing better
Old 01-21-2017, 01:45 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 342/235/150

Height: 5'4

Work schedule has been incredibly hectic. I am working 4-10 hour days with a 3 day weekend, but somehow that feels like even more than a normal 40 hour work week. You would think that an extra day off on the weekend would help make it seem longer. I'm still in a plateau stage and not losing as much as I have been. Maybe 1.5 pounds a week, if I'm lucky. It is so disheartening, when I'm doing the same thing and eating the same thing that I have been. I know intellectually that means that I need to change something up, but there are so many obstacles that are getting in my way. Tomorrow I am going to sit down and do some serious planning for next week. I have been thinking about trying Low Carb High Protein for awhile, at least to see if I can kick start something again and get through this slump. I'm not sure what else to try at this point. It is frustrating me, which makes everything else frustrating as well. Hopefully next week will be better.
Old 01-21-2017, 11:34 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Hello Everyone

The last time I was here I was dealing with a lot of family issues with the loss of 2 of my nieces mother and with visitation issues with my mother and another niece. Things are still in an uproar with all of this but I decided I need not worry so much with the things I can't do much about and need to focus again on myself.

For those of you who don't know me, or may remember me, I suffer from bipolar disorder and recently had a check in with my doctor for the first time since the family issues. She agreed that I needed to stop worrying so much and focus on myself. My health will continue to suffer if I don't.
Another bit about myself is that I am also dealing with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) so it has been a battle with weight loss but I was doing well for a long time up until this past summer when I wasn't caring so much for myself. Over the course of the year from about June/July until now I have gained close to 45 lbs. I'm very ashamed of myself because I had gotten close to my goal weight and I now have taken several steps back.
I have a doctors appointment next week and I am dreading it because this doctor I think does not believe me when I have told her I have lost over 100 lbs. I hate when doctors tell you to work on your weight. I know I'm fat and I know what I need to do. Maybe this is just me.

I'm slowly taking steps towards getting back to the weight I was last year. It may take all year but I am hopeful that I can do it. DH is also getting in on it with me finally after so long of me wanting him to get healthy too. We have been trying to go to the gym a few times a week and for the past two weekends we have done major yard work at my grandmother's home. We are pretty sore from that today but it feels good. We are starting to plan our meals more and helps with budgeting. I'm also getting back into doing HIIT which helped me a lot with my weight loss. Now to just get back on the meal prepping wagon.

I have been wanting to post for awhile but have been feeling shy and embarrassed to shoe myself here. I know this is a place of love and support so I don't know why I feel this way. I know I shouldn't, but here I am. I'm planning to post every day now and will set a reminder to myself so that I do not forget. I think being here helped a lot with my success and want to be here to support others.

I see not many people from the old group are here anymore. Hello Donna and Terra! I'm happy to meet new friends here. Thank you for taking the time to read this. It really means a lot.
Old 01-21-2017, 06:46 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Hello Everyone
Hi again Donna, Terra, and Sam! I am out here lurking for now.
Just had to jump in and say "Sam you should be very proud of yourself!" You have come so far and not just in your weight loss journey. Good for you for coming back before you had a total regain.
Carry on, I will go back to lurking for now.
Ubee
Old 01-22-2017, 08:22 AM   #41  

Ubee I am so glad to hear from you! I never knew if you were around anymore or what. Does Betsy ever come around? Last time I was here she was going away in her camper for awhile. Thanks for commenting it makes me really happy to know you are still here.

Quick post this morning. Still feeling like a baby learning to walk from all of the yard work I did on Friday. DH's band played last night so we had to carry his speaker cabinet downstairs. That thing is a beast!! It's always a pain to bring it down but it's a good workout too lol!!

Today DH and I are having our car looked at. We may need the clutch replaced so I'm trying to figure out what kind of money I'm going to have to fork out once I get my tax return. I'm pretty excited because my car will be paid off in April!!

Also planning our meals and food budget. Trying to do what we can to save as much money as we can over the next few weeks because we preordered the Nintendo Switch and need to pay for the rest of it.

Going to make next week a good week I hope. Really proud of DH he hasn't drank any soda since right after Xmas. He's been drinking sparkling water and trying to get him to drink plain water sometimes too but this is a big step for him so I couldn't be happier!

Have a great Sunday guys!
Old 01-22-2017, 11:37 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

hi all
I finally broke through and got to less then my Pre-Christmas weight - had a really good week following my plan on weight watchers then 2 shocking days then one back on track yesterday before weigh in .... did way more exercise overall then my goal and am feeling it in my arms and legs today - the ugh you did work outs body ache that comes with pushing yourself
so today's exercise will be the daily yoga walking and what I get at work

Living to loose - 1.5 pounds per week is considered good weight loss, and good news is the body should be more likely to keep those little continuous losses off... all those little losses consistently add up to way bigger numbers and are far healthier to loose like that then too much at one time... if your doing that every week your right on track to what our health advisers in NZ recommend as a healthy way to lose weight
Old 01-23-2017, 08:29 AM   #43  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/251/150

Height: 5'2 1/2

Karen,Sam,Ubee,Scotsgal ~ I remember you beautiful ladies - Nice to talk to you again

Thanks everyone else for the welcome back

Last edited by Terra84; 01-23-2017 at 08:30 AM.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:19 PM   #44  
Determind Member

I am full of the cold I also put on 4.4 lbs over 2 days in London, I am blaming the salt intake in lots of alcohol.

Soooo....... back on track this week
Old 01-23-2017, 10:19 PM   #45  

Karen Great job on the loss and getting under your pre Christmas weight!

Scotsgal Sorry you aren't feeling well. It really makes it hard to stay on track when your ill. For me I always seem to only stomach soups and crackers when I'm ill and the crackers don't help...add in the loss of exercise and it makes it easy to gain. You're a trooper so I'm sure you'll lose the gain. I also started recently watching another Scot comedy called 'Still Game' it's a spinoff from 'Chewin the Fat'...it's really good! Get well my dear!

Today was a really good day. Feeling hopeful that this will be a good week. I had a time this weekend with grocery shopping...ugh I won't get in depth but I was gone almost 4 hours! I did manage to get home and make sure to have healthy snacks for DH that will be easy for him to reach. His biggest issue is he won't eat much during the day so he ends up starving at night and snacking after dinner. Baby steps though. I had a burrito bowl with leftovers from last night. The bulk of it was a Spanish cauliflower rice that I made then added in some chicken, lettuce and sour cream. It was very satisfying. I feel good that I stayed on plan today ...I also got my workout in too! DH wasn't up for the gym as he is still sore from the work we did on Friday so I put on my Turbo Jam video and got it done.

I hope everyone is well! Have a great day tomorrow!
Closed Thread