Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 06:20 PM   #1  
Member for Life

S/C/G: 322.6/ticker/150

Smile 300+ Chat Tread, December 2016

New Thread for December - Can you believe it's December already?!?!

Old 12-01-2016, 10:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 336/280/218/150

Height: 5'7"

Hello all! I have found my way back to 3fc after more that 1 year away.
I joined a gym yesterday by buying a 1 year membership, and I am pumped to be using it. (2 days in a row!)
I am looking forward to being back and learning from everyone and being motivated by you all!
Old 12-02-2016, 03:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

HI all

Phae - Love the snowman tracker & the Christmas profile pic ...

Laura G - Welcome or should I say welcome back

I am still looking to find my Christmas spirit .. its hidden possibly in the garden amongst the weeds!
need to pull the weeds clear the side of the house... crap I feel itchy itchy arms and eyes coming on already
get the lights down and tested them work out where each 1 goes and put the display for Christmas together

turned into bed semi early planing on getting up walking and then doing some weights training - squats / lunges / rowing / arm fly and ab curls on the agenda

had trouble focusing on my plan last two weeks figure its been walking and hip/knee pain giving me this issue
have been overdoing it slightly and lack of weight training probably not helping

so anyway - weights training - Tuesday and Saturday minimum other days wed maybe.. Thursday nope work all day just walks here - Friday - can do some weeks not others or early morning .. actually not a bad idea before work Friday work out
now to make it work
Old 12-02-2016, 07:16 AM   #4  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Happy December Everyone!!
Yesterdays food wasn't so great, so today started with a 10 minute kettlebell workout, after lunch I will be trying to up my steps for today with a nice walk along the beach with the dog, it will be freezing!

I will hit that 280 by next week, I will make sure of it!

Phae Aww thank you!! My first big goal is actually 280, so I am just 1.6 away from it! I can't wait!! I can completely sympathise with trying every single diet out there and I am only 27, but like you said consistency is key! I decided that enough was enough and that a lot of these diets just didn't suit my lifestyle or suit what I wanted out of weightloss, I wanted to be educated in food so that when I hit my end goal, I was educated enough to learn how to maintain and never put it back on again. That was when I decided to not go on a "diet" but to eat foods that were as fresh as possible. I bought multi packs of meat, bagged them up individually and put them in the freezer. I bought microwave packets of veggies that were pre portioned and easy to keep track of calorie wise. I only drank water or tea, I would PLAN! You know Phae, it really made me feel much better very quickly because I had more energy, I felt better about what i was eating, and I stuck to it week after week. After losing 30lbs I was starting to plateau, it didnt help that I travelled a lot either. Only then did I start to introduce MACROS, and now at 40lbs off I am introducing proper workouts instead of only adding steps. Sometimes learning about your own body and creating your own diet is the best version.
I believe in you

Laura Welcome back!!! Great start! Keep it up!

Karen once you gets those lights out you will feel a little more xmasy. I have been missing out a a few weight training workouts this last fortnight as well. I was meant to do legs on wednesday but instead I did absolutely nothing lol. Today I did a kettlebell workout first thing, then I will go a 5,000 step walk and later on try and do the leg workout I missed on Wednesday. Tomorrow I will need to do the Arm workout that was meant for today.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:23 PM   #5  

HI ladies,

I went to Wal-Mart today and spent $200. I got healthy food, healthy snacks and 2 new pair of jeans. I'm down a pant size, to a 22, and needed new ones. My old ones were baggy, they drove me nuts.

Still thinking about Jennifer's Christmas presents, she is my only daughter, 23 years old. I'll let you know what I decide to get her. I know I'm going to get her some nose rings.

I got a migraine today, the first one in a while. I took some Excedrin Migraine and it helped a lot.

I need to run some errands tomorrow, put some money on my prepaid card. I am going to buy myself a mat that I can do my beginner pilates and beginner yoga exercises on. I have found some wonderful videos on sparkpeople. I am excited to get started.

My gums are finally, finally starting to feel pretty good. The antibiotics and warm salt water are helping.

Sorry I've rambled. Much love to you all.
Old 12-03-2016, 12:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 342/235/150

Height: 5'4

Howdy Guys!

I've been MIA for a little while again... I'll explain what's up, but I'll just start by saying that it has been a very hectic month for me!

Phae- I was born and raised in eastern Iowa. Not so rural for me, I was raised in CR, but I thought it was interesting that I found someone else from my neck of the woods here (I now live in Colorado).

I did pretty good over the Thanksgiving Holiday. As a rule, I don't eat anything with sugar, I don't drink caffeinated beverages and I don't do artificial sweeteners. However for Thanksgiving, I did make an exception and have one small piece of pecan pie. It had been so long since I'd had sugar (about 4 months) that it didn't really taste that great and it made me sick to my stomach, so it wasn't even really worth it.

My world has been a mess lately. My last post was about my 22 year old son who has been fighting cancer and received some good news. After over a year of treatment, he was declared cancer free. He still has to have a scan every 3 months, but it looks good. Then last week my 31 year old son attempted suicide by taking a bottle of Tylenol. There is an antidote for Tylenol poisoning as long as it is administered within the first 8 hours. We took him to the ER at about 24 hours when he was already in liver failure. We are still waiting to find out how much permanent liver damage he has done, but he also has a drug problem and regardless of the damage, we know that they will not consider doing a transplant unless he can stay clean/sober for 6 months. Even family cannot donate part of their liver until he's been clean/sober for 6 months.

On top of that, my 19 year old son, who also has a substance abuse issue finally agreed to go to treatment this week. However he lives in a different state where his biological mother lives. So I have spent several days playing phone tag with rehab facilities, insurance companies, car services, etc. trying to get him to Florida for treatment. All the while his "mother" refused to help. Very frustrating week.

Then I got the stomach flu....

The only good thing that has happened this week is that I have somehow managed to lose a little bit of weight. I weighed myself this morning (not my official weigh-in day) and I was down to 280.2, so GO-ME! I remind myself every day that everything happens for a reason... We're back on track today and I shall keep moving in the right direction. My kids are all safe. That is all that matters.

It looks like everyone had a good holiday and we seem to have gained a couple of people in the conversation thread, which is always a good thing. Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
Old 12-03-2016, 12:51 AM   #7  

Howdy Guys!

I've been MIA for a little while again... I'll explain what's up, but I'll just start by saying that it has been a very hectic month for me!

Phae- I was born and raised in eastern Iowa. Not so rural for me, I was raised in CR, but I thought it was interesting that I found someone else from my neck of the woods here (I now live in Colorado).

I did pretty good over the Thanksgiving Holiday. As a rule, I don't eat anything with sugar, I don't drink caffeinated beverages and I don't do artificial sweeteners. However for Thanksgiving, I did make an exception and have one small piece of pecan pie. It had been so long since I'd had sugar (about 4 months) that it didn't really taste that great and it made me sick to my stomach, so it wasn't even really worth it.

My world has been a mess lately. My last post was about my 22 year old son who has been fighting cancer and received some good news. After over a year of treatment, he was declared cancer free. He still has to have a scan every 3 months, but it looks good. Then last week my 31 year old son attempted suicide by taking a bottle of Tylenol. There is an antidote for Tylenol poisoning as long as it is administered within the first 8 hours. We took him to the ER at about 24 hours when he was already in liver failure. We are still waiting to find out how much permanent liver damage he has done, but he also has a drug problem and regardless of the damage, we know that they will not consider doing a transplant unless he can stay clean/sober for 6 months. Even family cannot donate part of their liver until he's been clean/sober for 6 months.

On top of that, my 19 year old son, who also has a substance abuse issue finally agreed to go to treatment this week. However he lives in a different state where his biological mother lives. So I have spent several days playing phone tag with rehab facilities, insurance companies, car services, etc. trying to get him to Florida for treatment. All the while his "mother" refused to help. Very frustrating week.

Then I got the stomach flu....

The only good thing that has happened this week is that I have somehow managed to lose a little bit of weight. I weighed myself this morning (not my official weigh-in day) and I was down to 280.2, so GO-ME! I remind myself every day that everything happens for a reason... We're back on track today and I shall keep moving in the right direction. My kids are all safe. That is all that matters.

It looks like everyone had a good holiday and we seem to have gained a couple of people in the conversation thread, which is always a good thing. Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
Old 12-05-2016, 11:18 AM   #8  
Determind Member

Just popping my head in, sorry about the quick deliverance. This last week has been a bit crazy, my niece ended up with cellulitis (she is a year old), I thought only old people or those wheelchair or bed bound. But no apparently a one year old can catch it. She has been in and out of the hosp for a while because she was born with hydrocephalus and has had brain surgery twice in the last year. She got out of hospital on Thursday and then my brother caught a tummy bug, so I had to take her away and have her all weekend so that she wouldn't catch it off of him.

My dog ate a whole baggy of chocolate santas in foil which means she has been sick the past 2 days and today and tomorrow I must attend a training scheme to recieve funding for my new business.

Busy Busy Busy. Looking at last weeks MACROS I have been over my calories (which explains the small gain) I can't believe I still cant have 1400 calories or more at 282?? I am almost positive the fattest lowest calorie eater ever! So I will be watching what I have for the next 2 days, I will also be trying to workout when possible. I need to hit that darn 280! I want to get to 273 by Xmas so badly that I wll only have myself to blame for maintaining. Soo damn Frustrating!

Hope you are all doing well!

Last edited by Scotsgal; 12-06-2016 at 11:34 AM.
Old 12-05-2016, 02:34 PM   #9  

wow every on seems to be having a rough time of it all this month

okay so I have cleared most of the front garden and am going to put up the frigging Xmas lights myself
put up the tree take the girls to motat again this tevening for the Christmas village. ..
then maybe it will feel like it's Christmas again
😇

on a more positive note this week's weigh in takes me to 99 pounds😨 gone from 330!!! that means I now weight 231 pounds 😆
Old 12-06-2016, 11:41 AM   #10  
Determind Member

The training scheme was quite good today, but halfway through my protein bar my molar filing fell out I managed to get a quick appointment though to fix it. Then I came home to find out that the change in internet providers doesn't overlap. My mum had made a big school girl error, the internet had been cut off and we don't get our new provider until the 15th she seem to of forgotten that I run an ONLINE business while she is at work, I have had to tether from my cell just to email clients and other people to tell them that I will not be in the office or able to be contacted unless by cell or skype . I suppose this means that I will be offline for a while focusing on working out and trying to lose a little extra weight.

So I am here to say that I may not be on for a week, I hope everyone keeps the motivation.

Karencat AMAZING!!! I can't wait to hit 50 never mind get so close to 100 that is awesome!
Old 12-08-2016, 12:43 PM   #11  

scotsgal - that was a big uh oh - hope it all works out and doesn't affect the business in a negative way

phae1963 - thank you - lights unpacked decorating started then it dam well rained! So was going well .... we have neighbours that say the same about it making them happy when they see out lights/display so its nice that it brings joy

Need to get the display finished ---- this year is our turn (that's every other year) to host my families Christmas dinner... fun considering we have lunch with the husbands family every year .. the way he bah humbugs it... well he is doing that this year..
I had better start at the beginning okay so what happened I started getting lights when our girls were little as I thought a few would be fun
then the hubby kind of took over now we have a huge range of lights 6 years on -guess who has lost interest!!!
fine so I figure the girls and I can do this now.... only issue is cant stand ladders so no roof top icicles unless he is willing to put them up or we can get a friend to do it ... yup no icicles on the roof... however thinking along the lines of painting Christmas scene /gingerbread house putting nails or similar into it when done and threading lights around them tho make it glow... then placing these instead so the gingerbread house will have the icicles instead of our one
Old 12-09-2016, 12:50 AM   #12  

Haven't done great over the last couple of week. I feel like everyone has been saying the same thing. I eat okay, but I really need to get back on track with my exercise! I'm one of those fortunate (haha) people that unless I eat perfectly AND exercise perfectly, I will not only not lose weight, I will gain weight. Just eating right is not enough for me to even maintain.

We have a gym at work and normally I spend my lunch hour in the gym doing something physical, but I have been so busy over the last few weeks that I haven't had a chance to even take a lunch, let alone go to the gym. I need to make it a priority, of course.

On a better note, I have a much needed doctors appointment early next week to go over my medications. I have chronic migraines and take a couple of preventative medications. I know at least one of them has a side effect of weight-gain, so I am very interested in talking to the doctor about switching to something that may have less side effects or even just raising my dosage of a different one that doesn't have that side effect. It seems crazy to me that they would want to put people who clearly struggle with weight issues on a medication that would cause even more weight problems.

Weigh in this week +1.6 pounds... See, one of those weeks. Ugh.
Old 12-10-2016, 10:12 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 330/323/199

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Hi everyone! Just a quick check in. It's been kind of crazy around here. I'm sure it's the same for everyone this time of year. This is the first week since I've started actively trying to lose weight that I went up instead of down. I can't even blame anyone but myself. I've been a bit lax on counting calories. It's been little things but they obviously add up. I'm going to try to add a picture of my daughter and I with Santa...she's not happy. Sorry it's so big. I'm not very tech savvy.

Last edited by RubyLeprechaun; 12-10-2016 at 10:41 AM.
Old 12-12-2016, 05:50 AM   #14  
Determind Member

I am so mad at myself right now, similar to Living2lose If I am not 100% working to lose then I gain. I have been fighting the last 2 weeks with a plateau that really wasn't welcome. On Friday I had takeout that was shared with my mum and I felt so bad about it I went for a morning power walk, and wracked up a good 11,000 steps. I also did some lifting at home and I have been chasing after my niece all weekend, I am exhausted. Saturday I ate a couple of little candy bits, that shouldn't of put me over calories, but on Sunday when I weighed in I had went up to 283.1 instead of my lowest 281.6. Soo mad at myself for struggling with the candy temptation around XMas, this is the first time I have been on a weightloss journey at the Holidays. Usually I would of given up by now, but I am determined to not let it ruin me.

Today I have weighed in at 282.5, so I have came down a little bit, I am also really bloated feeling ichy. Today Is arms day and I need to make sure I work out my arms properly, so the point where they actually ache. My calories need to be perfect today as well. I wish I just had this little drill sergeant shouting at me and slapping food out of my hand here at home.

I hope we can all find the motivation to soldier on through and stop the gains.

Karencat Your house will look fantastic! We never have really done the outside house decorating, my mum I think has never been into it. She actually said this year though that because everyone is coming here for xmas, she wants to make the house on the inside look very festive for the kids . I can't wait So decorations at the ready!

Living2Lose I feel like we are in the same boat this week. I am so..... UUrrrgghhhh!!! I promise to keep on board and then don't do it! So now that its the weekday again, I will be trying to burn off as many calories as possible this week to hope that I can get back on track. I also need to buy some meds to help me poop, I think I might not have enough fibre in my diet, Ill need to check My Fitness Pal and see if I need to bring in something. Good luck witht he docs appointment, hope you can find something that is more helpful.

RubyLeprechaun That picture is adorable I am almost positive every child has a crying with Santa picture . I have been a little laxed on the calorie counting as well, It never works out the way I want it to when I freestyle it. I hope a gust of motivation comes our way.
Old 12-13-2016, 04:37 AM   #15  

hmmm https://www.facebook.com/photo.phpfb...type=3&theater

this is our Christmas tree... last year

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
this year

this years lights https://www.facebook.com/photo.phpfb...type=3&theater

previous years
https://www.facebook.com/photo.phpfb...type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.phpfb...type=3&theater

hopefully you can open the links as pictures don't show up otherwise

Last edited by Karencat; 12-13-2016 at 04:40 AM.
Closed Thread