Old 05-31-2016, 06:48 AM   #1  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Default 10 Days In The Life Boat #166

Welcome to the newest segment of 10 Days In The Life Boat.
This is not a "challenge" but a place for accountability to ourselves and support from our fellow rowers. So, what is your plan for this 10 day segment?

Grab an oar and join us doing our best to not fall out of the boat and and get wet. We need to meet our goals to stay dry.
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 06:51 AM   #2  

Keeping my goal from the last leg.

My Goal for this leg is NO junk food ..... period!
Old 06-03-2016, 07:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

Height: 5'6

J-Ann! That is great, I am in the same boat with the no junk food, especially after seeing this video called #nojunkjune on Youtube it really inspired me. Junk Food has caused so much damage to me on this journey, I want to go a whole month without it. This includes baked goods (such as cookies, cake, brownies), pizza (unless it's nutritious like Amy's frozen pizza), candy, etc. but I am allowing myself my So Delicious Coconut milk almond bars because they are usually not a trigger food for me and I don't think of them as junk food.

So far I've been junk food free for about 3 days. Looking forward to sticking to this & being binge free for the next 4 weeks.
Candidcamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 03:11 AM   #4  

Stayed within my calories (under 1,900) but I did have a Mamma Chia nutrition bar, which is on my no-no list, otherwise a good day.
Old 06-04-2016, 07:26 AM   #5  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Ill Join in here, My goal for the next 10 days is to not drink ANY fizzy soda at all. Now I am usually very good at this, but my brother often invites me round to his house and all they have is fizzy. So I pledge that I will take a water option or a non fizzy fruit juice option when there is fizzy soda offered.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 03:36 PM   #6  

I'm drowning. Can't hold it together,
Old 06-04-2016, 04:02 PM   #7  

J-Ann you are not drowning , I'm here and you can do this! If there is a trigger food you can't stop eating toss it, better it than you. One thing my former WW leader said was "It's a waste whether you eat it or toss it, but at least if you throw it away only the trash can will gain weight ."
I decided I'm tired of playing games with junk food, and not getting to the weight I want to be because I want a cookie, bag of chips, pizza, etc. It's really gotten old and unfortunately I don't have a fairy godmother to slap this stuff out of my hand, so it comes down to me and my choice. I'm choosing to eat with purpose and to put my body's needs above my taste buds, though luckily I love my healthier food lol. It's not a punishment to work towards your goals, it's a privilege and a blessing.

The struggle is real, but you're stronger than that, let's dry off and get back in the boat.
Old 06-05-2016, 05:08 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 125kg/108kg/90kg

Height: 158cm

Hi everyone! I am seeking extra motivation so I thought I would join this thread. My goal for the next 10 days is to restart my weightloss journey after 2 weeks off. I have lost 17kg to date, but I have had a shocking 2 weeks where my diet, stress and lack of exercise is concerned. I start back at the gym tomorrow, and I am super nervous! I hope everyone is hanging in there!
caldawg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 02:05 AM   #9  

Hi Scotsgal and Caldawg89! Today I stayed on track despite temptation to go crazy on the box of frozen PB and J sandwiches I bought the other day. I'm taking the #junkfreejune challenge to heart enough indulging in food and feelings of regret when I step on the scale.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:25 PM   #10  

Candid, I'm trying very hard but I'm back in the water. Just can't say "NO". It drives me nuts after I'm junked out but I can't stop the starting to begin with. The last few days have been a little better. Just need to listen for, and to, the >NO".
Old 06-06-2016, 06:43 PM   #11  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

I was in the water. Same problems, Judy. Just not saying no.

Last week I said I would be here every day and then I wasn't. I have to start showing up every day.

Glad to see we have some help in the boat. Good to meet you, caldawg89, Candidcamster and Scotsgal.

So okay, again, my goal is just to check in every day, track everything I eat every day, and exercise at least a little every day.

I don't like feeling like my life is passing me by and I'm not going where I want to go.

Last edited by Vortex_VVV; 06-06-2016 at 06:46 PM.
Vortex_VVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 07:57 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 125kg/108kg/90kg

Height: 158cm

Hi everyone! I have read your posts, and someone on another thread told me something in response to me being super hard on myself the other day: strive for progress, not perfection. You might not be getting it 100% right all the time, but trying really hard and being good with everything most of the time is better than nothing! I am struggling a little too, I am back at the gym for the first time in 2 weeks, and progressing ok, but I am struggling to find time throughout the day to eat, as I am super busy, which I know to be one of my short comings. Just jump back in the boat and try again guys, I am thinking of you all, and we are all in the same boat!
caldawg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 06:47 AM   #13  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

I dipped my toe in!! A bit annoyed. I went around to visit my brother and he came through with a small glass of fizzy soda, I had drank it before remembering that I signed on this thread. I have not touched a drop until that moment so today I am on a water only diet.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 12:21 AM   #14  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

I've been in the water yesterday and today. Better planning and mindfulness needed.

Scotsgal, good work getting back in the boat.

caldawg, I agree there's no point in being hard on yourself in the terms of regretting the past. But I've been stalled for so long if I don't get serious--which is different than hard on myself, I think--I know nothing will change.

I need to string together some days of success. So here's to Thursday. I'm putting my life preserver on. I'm going to think of this boat all day tomorrow.
Vortex_VVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 12:53 PM   #15  

Weighed in at WW this morning. Not good but since I've been eating everything in sight, no surprise. Gotta try harder to eat healthy.

Back in the boat this morning and clutching my "NO! It's like poison!" close to my heart.

Caldawg. Great advice! Progress is my goal but I've got to keep from letting myself back slide. It's getting ridiculous.