Old 05-21-2016, 10:31 PM   #1  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Default 10 Days In The Life Boat #165

Welcome to the newest segment of 10 Days In The Life Boat.
This is not a "challenge" but a place for accountability to ourselves and support from our fellow rowers. So, what is your plan for this 10 day segment?

Grab an oar and join us doing our best to not fall out of the boat and and get wet. We need to meet our goals to stay dry.
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 10:33 PM   #2  

My Goal fot this leg is NO junk food ..... period!
Old 05-23-2016, 07:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

my goal for these 10 days is to collect my WW fit points - by including resistance training and to drink water more often..

was nice to see you stayed dry for your last post j-ann from the last 10 days in a lifeboat.. I will be quiet at the end not because I am being rude and ignoring anyone... but am going to be away form the computer. hopefully enjoying a much warmer climate and not working
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 10:12 AM   #4  
Vortex

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/???

Wow, I need to set manageable goals, I guess. Last week wasn't great.

My plan for this leg of the journey is to track everything I eat every day, check in here every day, exercise daily, and weigh myself at least once.

So far, I'm okay today: ate a decent breakfast and tracked it, and got my walk in for the day.

Let's go! Where are we sailing to?
Vortex_VVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 05:47 PM   #5  
Vortex

Stayed POP yesterday. Walked 30 minutes, did 10 minutes of kickboxing in the evening. Tracked and even stayed within my points. Weighed in this morning. Eating not as good as yesterday, but still not terrible. How's everyone else?
Old 05-25-2016, 06:14 AM   #6  

can some one please pass me back my oars I just dropped them in the water - was given a box of yummy passionfruit iced custard squares (aka Vanilla slice) by friends my girls took baking to school with them - Yay for having pre made morning teas ... but ended up eating 2 yesterday and 2 today thankfully they are all gone now
Old 05-25-2016, 11:49 PM   #7  
Vortex

Karen, how bad are those custards? Can you get back to paddling and make up for them?

I'm doing okay, strung together three whole days in a row POP here. It's been a long time since I did anything like that.

The next few days will be challenging. I'll be traveling and in a Scrabble tournament on Saturday-Monday. That means about 8 hours a day sitting on my butt and eating meals in the hotel or at restaurants. I've got some produce in the fridge that needs to be eaten soon (cherry tomatoes and blueberries), so I'll take those with me, and maybe pick up a few other things like some string cheese so I have something other than yummy baked goods, which someone will probably bring to the tourney.

Also, I might not post every day, though I will try. I need the accountability!

Judy, how goes the no-junk-food war?
Old 05-26-2016, 08:08 AM   #8  

Vortex - those custard things Pretty bad when you have two of them !- one by itself it its not to bad - I have my oars back and am rowing again - got 12,300 steps in today!!!
Old 05-27-2016, 02:29 PM   #9  

dropped an oar picked it up though - jelly tip chocolate oh dear another delicious tempting tasty treat - few to many squares put me over on the program points. both daily and weekly. however I have drunk 1.5 litres of 6 large glasses of water and walked 10,000 steps day before did 13,000 steps so managed to pick up the oar again and row some more
sick of the rain and cold of winter in NZ am looking forward to some sunshine
Old 05-28-2016, 09:52 AM   #10  

I was POP yesterday so I washed and dried all the towels and they are nice and fluffy, should you need one. I'm still w/i my points and still have a lot of my extras left. I'm winning the no junk food war. Had a slip on Thurs. but it was not the worst selection I could have made.

Angela, good luck at the tourney, both game wise and sticking to your plan. You can do it.

Karen, you are losing like a committed (in a good way ) person. Be proud. You are doing fantastically!!!

Holiday weekend here. Wicked hot and humid for May. I'm planning on staying indoors. I do not appreciate this kind of weather.
Old 05-29-2016, 11:04 AM   #11  

Another dry day yesterday. YAY!

This morning I took a dip. It's going to be slim pickings to stay w/i my points for the rest of the day. It's doable but it's not going to be easy.

Still hot and muggy on my side of the boat.
Old 05-31-2016, 06:49 AM   #12  

STOP

Head on over to slip 166 where we'll board and venture out again on a new leg of our journey.
[/FONT]

Last edited by j-ann; 06-11-2016 at 06:33 AM.