Old 05-04-2016, 04:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 302/294/140

Height: 5'2

Default The weird things that work.

Sometimes you just have to do what works, even if it doesn't make sense to anyone else. I've always struggled with afternoon snacking. 3-6pm is my danger zone. I get off work at 2:30 and all I want to do is eat. I have tried every possible combination of snack, distraction, exercise. I just can't stay under control. Until... I decided to change the rules. I am the hungriest at 3 PM, so I decided I'm going to eat my dinner at 3 PM. All of a sudden, it's working. I come home and have my planned dinner, then I have a small snack at around six, and I am totally in control until bedtime. Problem solved? Sure, until you tell people you eat dinner at 3pm! It works well for me though, because I start my day very early. I eat breakfast at around five, lunch at 10:30.

Has anyone else had to rewrite traditional rules to get on track? I'd love to hear about it.
GoldRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 04:47 PM   #2  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Man, If I ate breakfast at 5, I would have to eat dinner at 3 too. One summer when dh was overseas the kids and I ate at 4:30 every evening. I was getting up at about 5 then and we were all ready for dinner at 4.

Currently my weirdest one is I have to have bourbon 1-2 times a week before bed. I've struggled with GI issues for years and this is the only thing that keeps it in check. If I go more than a couple weeks, I get a big flare.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 03:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 202/128/129

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

I am hesitant to reply here since I topped out at 202 but YES! Eat how you need to for yourself and no one else. I eat a huge breakfast (6am), snack all morning and then a good size lunch (12pm). I rarely eat dinner but when I do it's usually just a piece of cheese or 2 and some fruit. Sometimes a couple of cookies if I get the craving for sweets.
Whenever I am around family this is always a source of friction and arguments. They can't be bothered to get up early enough to eat breakfast or they want to eat lunch later yet they expect me to arrange my schedule to eat a large dinner with them rather late in the day too.
I have learned to just let them be upset and I will continue to do my own thing. After all, it has worked pretty well so far.
dmnoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 04:30 PM   #4  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

I have a massive lunch and a massive breakfast and skip dinner.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote