Old 05-02-2016, 07:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 302/294/140

Height: 5'2

Default My body HATES these 10 new pounds!

SO.... I'm new here. I'm 37, divorced, 2 almost-grown kids, 4 kitties, and I just saw a 3 on my scale for the first time. I'd been parked at 290 for almost two years, making brief dips into the 280s, sometimes hitting 295... but never above 300. I kept saying stupid stuff like "well at least I'm not 300 pounds!" Well guess what sister... here I am.

And my body HATES it. At 290, I had literally no health problems. No body pains, my metabolic panel was startlingly good (as in- no numbers in the "high" zone), I could walk, move comfortably, fit in an airplane seat without an extender (unless I flew Delta), and I was sleeping well.

I hit 300 pounds and all **** broke loose. My ankles swelled up on Easter sunday and never un-swelled. My blood pressure went up, my knees and hips ache constantly, I am always tired because I can't sleep. None of my bras fit. My thighs suddenly rub all the way to my knees. My poor body that was so tolerant of everything I did to it has decided enough is enough.

Even though it seems it was the last ten pounds that triggered all this, I am positive that just losing 10 isn't going to resolve the issues. I'm at the point now where I must atone for what I've done to my body and hope it forgives me.

That's all for now... I hope to spend a lot of time here and look forward to getting to know everyone.
GoldRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 07:57 PM   #2  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

I think you may be surprised at how quickly certain aspects of your health improve just from making the changes you need to make. And yes, 10 wont resolve it all, but it's going to improve sooner than you may feel it will now.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote