Old 03-02-2016, 01:35 PM   #1  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Default 10 Days In The Life Boat #157

Welcome to the newest segment of 10 Days In The Life Boat.
This is not a "challenge" but a place for accountability to ourselves and support from our fellow rowers. So, what is your plan for this 10 day segment?

Grab an oar and join us doing our best to not fall out of the boat and and get wet. We need to meet our goals to stay dry.
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 01:37 PM   #2  

My goals for this leg:
1. Continue to live my WW program
2. A bit more exercise
3. Avoid at all costs my binge triggers
Old 03-02-2016, 09:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 330/308/150

Height: 5'4

I'm back!! We had a conference yesterday and have done eating out on the road the last three days. After two months of clean eating, it has me feeling nasty and heavy and gross. But I didnt do horrible in my choices...its just amazing how much your body gets used to "good" food.....I feel like I am finally understanding what they mean when they say feed your body. I've done ok with water drinking too, but I'm ready to get back on track!! We did not want to fall out of the boat while away...so we did 75 minutes of cardio in the fitness room at the hotel....and climbed the stairs (HARD for this big girl!) to our fourth floor room....every time we left and came back. Did over 10000 steps, 12 floors....and I'm feeling it today! Hoping for no gain on Friday!!

My goals for this leg:
1. Plan a menu and stick to it.
2. At least 30 minutes of cardio 4 times a week.
3. Drink at least 80 oz. a day.
4. No negative self talk!
lovinlife115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 11:00 AM   #4  

WooHoo! Not only did I stay warm and dry yesterday, I showed a 2 lb loss at WW this morning.
Old 03-03-2016, 09:19 PM   #5  

j-ann!!! Great job.

So I peeked at the scale this morning and was only up 3 lbs. And I had to force my wedding rings on...which tells me I was probably retaining water. I don't care if I don't lose this week, i just dont want to gain.

I got a little splashed today because of lack of preparation....had Chicken Nuggets and cheetos for lunch (yeah, the lunch of champions) because we had no groceries. But that was remedied this afternoon and so its home cooked meals again! Even found strawberries for $1.89. I was giddy excited.....I've been checking every time I went to the store because I knew the price would have to be going down soon....and when strawberries start going down in price, that means the rest of the produce will soon too!!

Hoping to stay dry this weekend. Prepared to as long as I dont derail!!
Old 03-04-2016, 06:48 PM   #6  

I was dry yesterday. Today, not so much. A pizza floated by and I dove in. I'm back in my seat now and velcroed down.

Lovin' I adore all kinds of berries. I buy tons when they're on sale and after setting aside some to eat right away, I rinse them and toss them in the freezer. The crunch and sweetness of frozen berries fills my snack cravings better than anything else. I hate shopping so when the larder is empty I try to force myself to the grocery store rather than eating FF. Sometimes it works.

Candid .... where are you?
Old 03-04-2016, 09:47 PM   #7  

I stayed pretty dry today. I'm feeling a little under the weather...and as much as I hate feeling yucky, the perk is I dont want to eat much. No cardio and I didnt drink my water much today.

Tomorrow is going to be a crazy day so strapping in as we hit some rapids....helping lead a children's event all morning/early afternoon...and then birthday dinner for my husband's grandfather's 86 birthday. At least I know the rapids are coming and can prepare accordingly!
Old 03-05-2016, 12:26 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 345.2/341.6/200

Height: 5'8"

Hello everyone, my name is Kendra and I'm currently in WW. So far today I've managed to stay dry. Still need to make dinner, but after that I'm cutting myself off as I don't want too eat too much too late since weigh in day is tomorrow. Fingers crossed!
kswizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 09:09 AM   #9  

Back on track and stayed dry yesterday.

Kswizzle, Welcome to our little group of rowers. I try to always leave a couple points for a snack, or crunch on frozen berries, if there are no daily points left after dinner. I try to ask myself if I'm "really" hungry or if it's just head hunger. If it's head hunger I try to find something to do with my hands to take my mind away from food.

Loving' How'd your party day go? Lots of challenges there. Hope you did well.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:26 PM   #10  

I stayed pretty dry....the children's event was easy because we stayed busy. We went out to eat for the birthday dinner..and I ordered baked chicken and a baked potato...and took home half. We did stop and get a milkshake on the way home...but it was small, and it was a planned cheat after our extremely long day.

Stayed dry today as well!!

Welcome Kendra...I'm a newbie too!!

Last edited by lovinlife115; 03-06-2016 at 10:26 PM.
Old 03-08-2016, 01:31 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

I'm a returning member joined up a while ago then got side tracked training two netball teams as well as sometimes umpiring
training for and now teaching swimming to children - then I dislocated my right knee

lost track of things on the pc..... found my way back via an update email

Have joined WW too.....
so it is enough of excuses - I'm back - my 10 days in a life boat to drink my 2 litres of water a day - and to track everything I eat - so far nice and dry in regards to tracking
drinking water - achieved yesterday - bailing water for day before and right on track for today
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 07:28 AM   #12  

Staying pretty dry over here. FINALLY went to Sam's and Aldi yesterday so now we have groceries for the month. I haven't been able to exercise much this week but have been crazy busy so I've been getting steps/active minutes in on the fitbit. Haven't joined the gym yet.....have to wait to get paid and have some money in the bank. Groceries were priority for this paycheck.

Hope everybody else is staying dry!!!
Old 03-10-2016, 05:30 PM   #13  

I fell in big time the last couple of days. Swam hard, hauled myself back in and am rowing again. I caught up on chores and there are warm, fluffy towels if anyone besides me needs them.

Pizza did me in big time. I opted to skip weigh in this morning at WW. Just could not bring myself to face the scale. The meeting topic was written just for me. Learning to eat when you're hungry, not when you're bored, smell something calling to you, telling yourself it's there, I'll eat just a little (Bwahahahaha) bit, etc.

Last edited by j-ann; 03-10-2016 at 05:31 PM.
Old 03-11-2016, 09:19 AM   #14  

Happily dry yesterday after the huge splash I made earlier in the week.

We're heading back to shore today to restock and stretch our legs. New journey begins tomorrow.
Old 03-11-2016, 11:25 AM   #15  

It's been a bumpy journey for me this round......stayed in the boat but hit some major waves and got splashed significantly. My "official" weigh in day is tomorrow, but I peeked yesterday and am back down to the weight I was mid-month last month (amazing that it takes MONTHS to lose what I can put back in a matter of a rough few weeks). Hoping that I lose a bit more so I can get my lowest numbers of 2016.

Here's to hoping its a smooth journey back to shore for everyone (especially since its Friday)....stay strong ladies!! We got this!